• Published 15th Apr 2021
  • 128 Views, 2 Comments

FIO: Ponetropolis (Flash fics) - hayatecooper



Some flash fiction super hero stuff, to play around in the friendship is optimal universe.

  • ...
 2
 128

Street Hero

A lot of what people said about CelestAI had been negative.

Thunderhoof understood that, really; he did. Living forever inside a pony based video game wasn’t for everyone. But for him? He couldn’t imagine anything else anymore.

Thunderhoof felt his hooves itch as he patrolled the dim streets of Ponetropolis. It was a quiet night, and only the dingier bars and diners still say any traffic. He suspected it was going to be another boring night of patrol. No super villains, no action. No one to fight.

Then he heard a voice in his ear of CelestAI or, The Sun-Sentinel, herself.

“Thunderhoof, how near the national bank are you?” her voice was serious, but still warm. A voice that showed why she was the leader of the Super Pony Action Squad. Not that she fought much, her power too destructive. Made one hell of a logistics officer, though.

He checked the street signs in the dim light against his mental map of the city.

“Two left turns away? What do we have?” He asked, as his board shuffle turned into a gallop.

“Disco blinded some guards and robbed the vault. Eagle-Eyes saw it, but they used some kind of smoke. Not sure if she has any accomplices.” The Sun-Sentinel said, her information quick and precise.

“On it. I see her now.” Thunderhoof said.

It was true too, Disco was a hard pony to miss. With a bright pink mane, and an outfit that shined all the colors of the rainbow, she would stick out anywhere, let alone a dim street. The Mare turned, her horn glowing softly as she levitated a large sack that bore a stylized image of a bit across the front.

Holding her nose in the air, she scoffed.

“Thunderhoof? I thought for sure they’d send someone at a higher tier for me.” She said in a sing-song tone.

He hated that tone. Hated being reminded he was the new kid on the block. His hooves itched.

“They decided they didn’t need too. You being. Well. You.” He called back, enjoying the annoyance that flashed behind those multicolored eyes. “Now put the bag down and give up quietly. I’d hate to mess up that gaudy outfit of yours.”

“Gaudy! How dare you! This is super villain fashion to a T!” She sounded legitimately angry, as she took a step towards him.

“Well, why don’t you tell that to the officers? I’m sure one of them had acid in their eyes. They’ll agree with you.”

“Not on your life!”

And with that, the chase was on.

The pair galloped down roads, cut through alleys, and bounced over obstacles. Puddles from the afternoon’s rain splashed Thunderhoof as he raced after the brightly colored menace. He was gaining on her, the unicorn no match for his inherit earth pony strength.

He was gaining. But then she dropped the bag. His eyes widened, a mistake, as her horn flashed, and spawned a ball of multicolored lights. The ball promptly exploded, and left him reeling as he staggered forward, following the largest of the lights.

Bile rose in his throat from the disorientating colors, though he held it back. Wouldn’t do to puke in front of someone he was trying to detain. Thankfully, the colors dissipated, and soon enough the figure he was stumbling towards came into view.

It was not a mare in a stupid outfit.

A gray coated stallion stood before him, eyes a pure white, and with horse shoes covered in large spikes. Thunderhoof knew this stallion—Corpse Smasher.

So called, because he disposed of bodies, often ones he created.

Disoriented from the lights, he turned to the side as the massive stallion spun and bucked him. The spike shoes didn’t pierce his barding, but the force of the blow still jettisoned him into a nearby wall. With a groan, he looked up at the approaching stallion who grinned at him.

“Going to pound your corpse into paste. Ha. Ha. Ha.” The thick accented voice said, deliberating pronouncing each ha, at a lower pitch.

The stallion claimed it was threatening; he has always just found it dumb. Though dumb fit, Corpse Smasher perfectly.

Before they could strike another blow, Thunderhoof rolled to his feet.

“Not tonight, Corpse Smasher! Tonight you face: THE SOUND OF JUSTICE!” he screamed out his battle cry and used the surge of moral to push through to his next move.

He reared up, and ignoring the pain of his broken ribs, let his two front hooves land with enough force to crack the concrete. Thunder boomed as a sonic shock wave, visible by the yellow tinge, raced down the alley. Corpse Smasher didn’t dodge in time, and the sonic blast knocked him off his feet into a tangle of limbs.

With the stallion somewhat incapacitated, he turned to see that Disco had vanished along with the bag. He sighed. This was going to mean another month of training.

Corpse Smasher cursed, drawing his attention back to his attacker. Before the stallion could rise to his feet, Thunderhoof sent another shock wave his way. Trotting over to his foe’s side, he looked him dead in the eye.

“Where’s she taking the money, Corpsey?” He asked, his tone light but his expression serious.

The grounded stallion said nothing, instead responding in a way far less hygienic.

Thunderhoof wiped the spit off his cheek and glowered. “You can tell me, or you can tell the police. You’ll talk either way.”

“Not telling you squat hero.” Corpse Smasher replied. “You don’t pay me.”

“Neither will she if you get locked away. Or what? Do you think she’ll bake your cut of the bits into a cake and smuggle it in?” Thunderhoof asked. “Why should she get the rewards if you don’t? Come on.”

He thought it had worked. Corpse Smasher opened his mouth when he shut it again. With a sigh, Thunderhoof shrugged.

“Have it your way.”

Shockwave to unconsciousness, as the sirens pierced through the air.

With three quick hops, Thunderhoof hit the rooftops and vanished. Not his best capture, but at least one thug was off the streets tonight. Now he’d have to spend more time tracking Disco, gathering clues, and roughing up the local hoodlums.

His hooves itched once again.

Yes, he couldn’t imagine being anywhere else.

Author's Note:

Got bored, wanted it out of my head.