• Published 15th Apr 2021
  • 978 Views, 13 Comments

A Flurrious Time Loop (Flurry's Little Time Loop) - SparklingTwilight



Princess Cadance provides Flurry Heart another wonderful day again... and again... and again--oh no.

  • ...
0
 13
 978

Afterward: Stocks and Armor

Shining Armor trudged through the terminal portion of his trek, buffeted by windigoesque-cutting wind, chilling ice and slippery snow. Sniffling and struggling through an ear infection and the gash on his hindhoof, he'd made it back to the Crystal Empire from the Demense of the Deep Deer near the Halls of Tartarus where Flurry Heart's toddler-tantrum rage had sent him.

These... enjoyable... teleportations gave him time to think. And sleep. He could have returned a whole day sooner but he decided he preferred sleeping rough in the Cavern of the Colossal Arachnids with a quad-hourly-renewed security-bubble-ward to being crawled over all night and being given clown makeup and red bulbous noses in the middle of State meetings.

When he came through the Grand Gates, though, he beamed in true happiness.

Flurry Heart hugged her father. They had the homecoming party and she was spoiled more than usual. She got her candy, even chocolate. No more scolds about teeth decay. She rode on his shoulders and he took her around the hall, trotting happily. So happily. With worried glances over his shoulder.

They'd had a hundred trumpets and performers and Flurry Heart clapped in joy.

Shining Armor had once warned Cadance that throwing a party for teleporting him away might send the wrong message to their young alicorn princess but Cadance ignored him--the important thing was Flurry Heart was appeased. Shining didn't say anything this time. Next time, he'd take a lengthier vacation.


The banking pony penned quill to parchment and drafted the Crystal Empire Stock Exchange plan. Profits would not extend endlessly. Even the tulip bubble in the Minotaur Lands had to burst eventually. Why did Minotaurs love tulips so much? What about petunias or roses? Their "diamond hands" strategy of holding firm forever had to end sometime. Everything was cyclical--allponies would see it again and again and again like that legendary bunny-comet that kept going and going and going around the world after being wound up by the cosmic pony-pitcher. The question was how to exploit small differences, make improvements in the great cycle, turn a well-greased smaller wheel, analogize allegories, metaphors, and idioms and so on and so forth.


It was a good day. Flurry Heart hugged her already-slumbering mommy good night. "I love you Mommy."

Then she hugged her daddy. She usually embraced him at night. Mommy could be fun when she wasn't too deep into her "relaxation" juice, but Daddy had less duties so they usually spent more time together. And her unicorn-dad didn't have sharp and fluffy wings tickling her face at weird times during the night.

She also whispered, "I love you Daddy." And sent him back in time with her. The welcome-back party had been fun. Time to do it again!

Author's Note:

Time Loops:
* The movie Groundhog Day and several of the other innumerable Time Loop movies/shows.

* Season 2, Ep. 20.

EWe Can Do This Forever
Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer are evenly-matched. Every time Twilight tries to stop Starlight's plan, she fails. That means Starlight wins, right?
Empirical Deduction · 15k words  ·  1,323  20 · 17k views
EFluttershy Hacks Fimfiction
Fluttershy and friends gain access to this website, but quickly find themselves trapped within a paradoxical situation.
PonyThunder · 4k words  ·  525  5 · 7.2k views

----------------
* In the spirit of cooperation and friendliness, feel free to embed in the comments other Time Loop stories you enjoyed from this site (please only add ones you personally can vouch are good, that are not rated "Mature", and that you did not write).
-----------------
Mentioned Famous Ponies+Discord (Dramatis Nobilis Mannulus)
Cadance, Princess - Star
Celestia, Princess - Mentioned
Discord- Some Screentime
Flim and Flam - Mentioned
Flurry Heart, Princess - Star
Fluttershy- Some Screentime
Luna - Mentioned
Mane Six - Mentioned
Maud Pie - Mentioned
Pinkie Pie - Oblique Reference
Shining Armor - Some Screentime
Sombra - Mentioned
Starswirl the Bearded - Mentioned
Twilight Sparkle - Mentioned in part

Comments ( 10 )

Thanks for the entry!

What’s Groundhog day?

10844249
Thank you for reading. Groundhog Day, mentioned in the author's notes on Chapter 2, is a comedy movie from 1993 starring Bill Murray. It involves a time loop that takes place on Groundhog Day, a tradition in the United States. The movie has a 96% rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes, which is rather impressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog_Day_(film)
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/groundhog_day

Until mommy gets tired and ask kindly to Discord to stop her from doing time-loops... Or the alicorn of time appear suddenly and tell Flurry that she was a bad filly

Sniffling and struggling through an ear infection and the gash on his hindhoof, he'd made it back to the Crystal Empire from the Demense of the Deep Deer near the Halls of Tartarus where Flurry Heart's toddler-tandrum rage had sent him.

ahaha, i totally forgot about the Shining Armor B-plot! almost moved on to the next story before i remembered there was a second chapter. the “Demesne of the Deep Deer” sounds quite ominous just in name, love it

These... enjoyable... teleportations gave him time to think. And sleep. He could have returned a whole day sooner but he decided he preferred sleeping rough in the Cavern of the Colossal Arachnids with a quad-hourly-renewed security-bubble-ward to being crawled over all night and being given clown makeup and red bulbous noses in the middle of State meetings.

and oof, says a lot!

Shining Armor had once warned Cadance that throwing a party for teleporting him away might send the wrong message to their young alicorn princess but Cadance ignored him--the important thing was Flurry Heart was appeased. Shining didn't say anything this time. Next time, he'd take a lengthier vacation.

oof! well, at least with enough time Flurry Heart will grow up and learn that teleporting her father away is not a very cash money thing to do, right?

Their "diamond hands" strategy of holding firm forever had to end sometime.

oh hey, that takes me back! funny to think it was two years ago already

She also whispered, "I love you Daddy." And sent him back in time with her. The welcome-back party had been fun. Time to do it again!

oh boy. poor Shining Armor! and a great way to end this story. time truly is a flat circle

Mentioned Famous Ponies+Discord (Dramatis Nobilis Mannulus)

ok absolutely love “Dramatis Nobilis Mannulus”. i really need an excuse to use it myself now. also, hehe, “+Discord”

11647827
Thank you!

yay new word to learn! though the link didn’t work when i clicked it

That site appears to have an odd interaction with links. Try going to the link here and if it does not work, type "mullocky" into the site's search bar. Alternative link here.

Login or register to comment