• Published 10th Apr 2021
  • 2,348 Views, 203 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 13 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 13 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

  • ...
12
 203
 2,348

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 4: "Megatron Makes His Move, Part 4"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: After one of their own is mortally injured, the Maximals regain their transmetal forms for one final stand against the Predacons in the defense of Equestria.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity/Luna/Mrs. Cake

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

Nicole Oliver as Celestia

Garry Chalk as Optimus Primal

David Kaye as Megatron

Scott McNeil as Dinobot/Dinobot II/Rattrap

David Sobolov as Depth Charge

Keith Szarabajka as Rampage

Jim Byrnes as Inferno

Ian James Corlett as Sentinel

Doug Parker as Terrorsaur

Judd Nelson as Rodimus Primal

Doc Harris as Grogar

Jim Cummings as Lavan

John DiMaggio as Arabus

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 13, Episode 4

"Megatron Makes His Move, Part 4"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

PREVIOUSLY ON "MY LITTLE PONY"

...

Optimus Primal: "Ready your weapons, Maximals! Megatron will show no mercy, so we must be prepared not to show any to him or the Predacons!"

Arabus: "You can't stop the power of wind! You will all suffer a painful expiration!"

Megatron: "This is how you repay me?! Repay your 'royalty'?!"

Grogar: "You've defied me! A mistake you will soon regret!"

Dinobot: "Warn Optimus! Inform him that Grogar has joined the fight!"

Twilight Sparkle: "YOU…SHALL NOT…PASS!"

Celestia: "You want to get Twilight? Then you'll have to get past me!"

Dinobot: "He'll be going after Rodimus Primal. We must stop him."

Terrorsaur: "Choke on it!"

Rodimus Primal: "I gave you plenty of chances. Megatron!"

Optimus Primal: "Rodimus, do you copy?! Rodimus!"

Maximal Computer Voice: Unit Rodimus Primal, terminated."

As the smoke billowed from underneath Canterlot Castle, Optimus Primal was almost overwhelmed with a powerful mixture of sadness and anger. His brother was dead, murdered by his mortal enemy. "No…" He whispered. "It can't be. It can't be!"

Looking over to the saddened Maximal leader, both Celestia and Luna immediately sympathized with him.

"Man," Rattrap commented. "Talk about a…slagging times ten."

Suddenly, all saw Optimus' hands turn into fists. "Optimus," Celestia declared. "Optimus, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about your brother." But Optimus turned away from her.

"He may…he may still be alive," Rattrap suggested while trying to keep hope alive.

"You heard Sentinel, Rattrap," Optimus somberly replied. "Rodimus is dead. That's all there is to it. And his killer is still at large, free to carry out more terminations," And all saw Optimus' prime jets begin to power up, "So now, I will destroy Megatron myself if it's the last thing I do! No more innocents shall have to suffer because of him!" He shouted as he flew off towards the inner city grounds within Canterlot.

"We should follow him," Dinobot suggested to Celestia and Luna. "He may need our support."

Back in Ponyville, meanwhile, the battle between Equestria's leadership and the Predacons continued as both sides were taking on casualties. In the town square, the battle between Rampage and Depth Charge was beginning to escalate.

"You don't quit, don't you?" Depth Charge asked his rival. "You just don't know when to give up huh, X?"

"Of course I don't," Rampage replied while picking up his gun and pointing it at Depth Charge. "Unlike you!" Firing his gun, Rampage watched as Depth Charge dove out of the way and his fire hit the roof of Sugarcube Corner, destroying it!

Getting back onto his feet, Depth Charge dove at Rampage and pushed him to the ground! But Rampage had more strength than Depth Charge. Lifting himself up, Rampage pushed Depth Charge onto his back and threw several punches at him

Before he could throw another punch, the Predacon was interrupted by the sounds of a shrieking pony behind him. "NOOO!" A voice belonging to Pinkie Pie screamed, a terrified look plastered on her face. "Sugarcube Corner! It's…ROOFLESS! You monster! The Cakes could've gotten hurt!"

Terrified, Pinkie raced over to her home and place of employment, trying to kick open the doors to see if everypony inside was okay.

Hearing Pinkie's cries for help, Depth Charge pushed Rampage up and attempted to race over to Pinkie, but Rampage grabbed onto his leg. "Where do you think you're going?" Rampage asked, before he suddenly felt a hot flame strike him in the back. "Ahh! Who dares strike me with fire?!"

"A pony loving dragon like me, that's who!" Spike declared as he flew down towards Rampage, proceeding to spit out some more flames at him.

And then Rampage was hit in the back again! Looking up, he saw the mind controlled Inferno towering overhead with his gun drawn. "Protoform X." Grogar announced through Inferno's body.

"Emperor Grogar," Rampage cried out. "What…what are you doing here? Why are you controlling Inferno?"

"Because I'm cutting off some dead weight," Grogar declared, making Inferno point his gun right at Rampage. "And you are among the ones that shall be destroyed!"

As Grogar towered over Rampage, Spike seized the opportunity and dashed over to Pinkie Pie to try and help her break down the door.

"Hello! Mr. Cake?! Mrs. Cake?! Pound Cake?! Pumpkin Cake?! Anypony in here?!" Pinkie Pie shrieked, forcefully trying to pull the door open! "Spike, help me!"

Using his strength, Spike attempted to pull open the door only to find it wouldn't budge. But then he got an idea. "Pinkie, can you jump over the roof?" He asked, but Pinkie was too hysterical to answer. So he just grabbed her, pulling her up and into Sugarcube Corner.

Once inside, Pinkie rushed to the basement! "Hello?! Somepony answer me!" She cried as they slowly turned into sobs as she feared the worst. "Please!" She heard nothing for a moment. But then suddenly, she heard the sounds of hoofbeats coming up the stairs. Much to her relief the basement door opened to reveal the Cakes with their twins, all safe and sound.

"Oh, Pinkie!" Mrs. Cake cried as she and her husband pulled their apprentice and daughter in all but name into an embrace. "Oh, Pinkie Pie…"

But meanwhile, Spike heard the sounds of gunfire and screaming from Rampage! And he dashed out to discover what was happening. Looking on in horror, Spike saw Rampage lying on the ground, mortally injured as Grogar used his magic to force Rampage into the air!

"Any last requests before I carry out your sentence?" Grogar asked in an evil tone while Depth Charge watched. Coughing, Rampage attempted to speak only to be silenced. "Too late!" And with a quick jerk, oil spilt out of the Predacon's body.

"You killed him," Depth Charge gasped upon seeing Rampage. "You killed Protoform X! He was meant to be mine to kill, Grogar!" Not wanting to be denied his opportunity, he fired several rings from his chest at Grogar, but Grogar effortlessly dodged them.

"Fool!" Gorgar laughed while effortlessly using his bell's powers to control Inferno like a puppet. "There is a reason why I am more powerful than you. Why I possessed the power to terminate Protoform X where you did not."

Seizing an opportunity, Grogar dove down and before Depth Charge could react, the rogue Maximal was stabbed in the chest. Gasping for air, Depth Charge was lifted up and as Spike looked on in horror, Grogar then proceeded to blast Depth Charge back onto the hard ground below.

"Now, does anyone else wish to challenge me?" Grogar asked, only to receive no reply. "Very well then. Now I shall go see who else I need to dispose of. Let this be a warning to all who would defy me! I do not tolerate rebellion lightly." Then he made Inferno fly away, leaving Spike to care for Pinkie and the Cakes.

Meanwhile, at the Ponyville borders, Twilight and the rest of her friends were doing battle with Dinobot II and Quickstrike, both of whom had sustained serious injuries.

"Okay, you big stack of dog bones!" Applejack thundered as she tossed a large rock at Dinobot II. "Take this!"

Before the rock could hit Dinobot II, the Predacon clone blasted the rock away with his eye laser.

Tapping into her alicorn magic, Twilight shot a beam at Dinobot II, hitting him in the chest and making him roar in pain as he fell.

As he tried to get back up, Dinobot II suddenly felt another surge of pain…this time in his chest where his spark was. "What's…what's happening to me?" Further groaning in pain, Dinobot II fell to one knee as he began to get weaker and weaker.

"Somethin''s happenin'!" Applejack suddenly cried out upon noticing this. "It looks like he's in pain!"

"Of course he is!" Grogar cackled as he flew Inferno's mind controlled body overhead. "I destroyed his half-brother, Rampage! Now he will suffer the same, as will the rest who serve Megatron!"

"What do you mean, Grogar?" Twilight demanded, firing her magic at the mind controlled Predacon only for him to swat it away.

"Just you watch, Princess Twilight." Grogar declared, using his powers to force Dinobot II into the air. Too weak to move, Dinobot II watched as Grogar administered the killing blow once more.

Both Twilight and Applejack were mortified at what they just saw before their eyes. "Grogar! What have you done?!" She shouted in disgust and disbelief at seeing a life be taken so abruptly, and without a chance to fight back!

But without saying a word, Grogar flew away.

Suddenly, Twilight noticed her cutie mark was glowing and then Applejack's cutie mark started glowing too.

"Twilight, what's happening?!" Rainbow Dash asked as she flew over to Twilight and Applejack. "Why are our cutie marks glowing like crazy?"

"Something urgent's happening in Canterlot!" Twilight realized! "We need to go at once!"

"And leave Ponyville to the Predacons?!" Rainbow Dash cried in shock and disbelief.

"There's no choice!" Twilight shot back. "If what Grogar is planning to do is true, Ponyville may not be our only concern! Now come on! We'll have to trust that the rest of the Maximals can hold the line!"

Using her teleportation spell, Twilight transported herself and her friends away from Ponyville and over to Canterlot!

Back in Canterlot, Optimus flew towards Canterlot Castle and landed in front of the smoke filled castle. Taking his wrist blasters, he fired several rounds into the basement and opened a hole big enough for him to enter. All he wanted was to find his brother's remains (and hopefully Megatron himself). "Megatron?! Megatron! Where are you?!" he called, amidst the smoke and fire. "I know you're in here! Come out and show yourself so we can end this war!"

Finally, Optimus found himself staring into the torture chamber and there he saw his brother's sparkless husk. And as he looked at it, he felt a sharp thud hit him in the back, causing him to fall forward. Looking back up, he saw Megatron towering over him with a sinister smile on his face.

"You monster…" Optimus gasped, growling as he made a fist and attempted to punch Megatron in the chest. But the transmetal two body deflected the punch, causing Optimus to yell in pain.

All Megatron could do was laugh in amusement of Optimus' vain attempt to harm him. "Well, well, well, so it all comes down to this, Optimus," Megatron laughed. "The Beast Wars are about to be decided once and for all. Not on prehistoric earth, but in this small room, yes…"

"Why did you do it?" Optimus demanded in a hushed voice before raising it. "WHY DID YOU KILL MY BROTHER?!"

"Because he was torturing my minions that's why, him and those two idiot Maximals that were assisting him." Megatron coldly replied. Then, growling,he took his dragon head and grabbed Optimus by the chest, He threw his enemy across the torture room.

"Now, I shall torture you to death, Optimus!" Megatron declared. "Just like your brother tortured Terrorsaur and Laserbeak to death! And without your transmetal body, I shall enjoy crushing you with ease!"

Thrusting his dragon head, Megatron attempted to hit Optimus with it.

But the fearless Maximal leader ducked out of the way, firing his shoulder guns at Megatron and knocking him back ever so slightly. He then took a flaming piece of wood and swatted Megatron with it, attempting to burn him.

But, it was no use as Megatron retorted by throwing Optimus into the dunking tank. Struggling, Optimus attempted to get himself out of the tank, but the water was already seeping into his body.

"How does it feel, Optimus?" Megatron gloated. "How does it feel to be just like those two tortured Predacons?"

But then suddenly, Megatron was hit with a beam of alicorn magic as Celestia, Luna, Rattrap and Dinobot came into the torture chamber.

"A lot better than you're going to feel when I'm done with you, Megatron!" Celestia roared in her royal Canterlot voice! She proceeded to shoot her magic at Megatron, hitting him over and over again repeatedly! "I shall make you pay for nearly killing Princess Twilight! Nearly killing the daughter I never had!" A beam of Celestia's magic then struck Megatron in the chest, opening a wound and exposing a portion of his body.

Wincing in pain, Megatron proceeded to take on Celestia, transforming into his dragon mode and flying right to Celestia, pushing her and Luna out of the torture chamber as Rattrap and Dinobot helped an unconscious Optimus out of the tank.

"Optimus?! Optimus, hang on!" Rattrap cried as he and Dinobot pulled Optimus out of the torture chamber. "Chopperface, we gotta do somethin' and quick! We can't lose boss bot now!"

Just then, the two Maximals noticed a spark in Optimus' chest starting to glow.

"Wait! What is that?!" Dinobot asked. "Do you see what I see?"

"Yeah," Rattrap cried. "It's…" But without warning, the spark exploded and engulfed Rattrap and Dinobot in light!

Meanwhile in the skies over Canterlot, Celestia and Luna stood down against Megatron with their horns glowing in united rage. Firing at Megatron, the two alicorn sisters were determined to defeat Megatron by any means necessary.

"Ohh, you are strong," Megatron declared in a sarcastic tone as he used his transmetal dragon wing to shield himself from the blast. "But not strong enough! Not against me! Clearly, you didn't learn your lessons from our first encounter." And he proceeded to fire a beam of flame at Celestia, to which she quickly produced a magic shield to protect herself and Luna.

Seizing the opportunity, Luna took to the air and spun around to generate a tornado, catching Megatron and sending him spinning around like a top! "Feel the wrath of the night!" Luna cried as she continued to spin Megatron around! Finally, after a few moments, Luna pushed Megatron down onto a street, ending her attack.

"Did we get him?" Celestia asked, but her question was premature as Megatron raised his dragon head and shot fire at the two sisters, the flames hitting Celestia's left wing and causing her to scream in pain!

"Celestia!" Luna screamed as Celestia fell to the ground! "Sister, no!"

Getting back to her hooves, Celestia's eyes once again glowed an angry red as she charged at Megatron, her horn now glowing an angry red as well and using its magical power to repeatedly strike at Megatron over and over again!

With each blow, Megatron could see his transmetal two body starting to take on damage. It only served to further anger him, prompting him to clutch Celestia by her neck with his dragon head in an attempt to choke her! "Enough of this!" He roared! "I shall enjoy killing you, pony!"

"NOOO!" Luna screamed and raced to her sister's side, only to be swatted away by Megatron's arm!

Suddenly, however, Megatron heard a loud scream from overhead as he suddenly was hit by a sharp beam of alicorn magic again, this time from Twilight!

As Megatron was sent flying into a building, Twilight flew down and helped her mentor and mother figure up to her feet.

"Celestia, are you…?" Twilight cried.

"I'm fine," Celestia coughed as she quickly used her magic to heal the neck wound. "Thanks to you, Twilight."

Struggling to his feet, Megatron felt that enough was enough and he needed to take decisive action.

"Stand down Megatron," Twilight declared, standing in front of her mentors and her friends, protecting them from Megatron. "Surrender while you still can in the name of Equestria. There's no need for you to be added to the casualties."

"In the name of Equestria?" Megatron remarked. "Why should I consider surrendering to a bunch of pathetic equines like you? You will all be my slaves eventually, yes!"

"You really should surrender, dragon breath!" Rainbow Dash added while flying next to Twilight. "Because we have a magic greater than any power you could comprehend!"

"Let me guess," Megatron sighed. "Is it friendship?"

After a brief silence, Twilight answered Megatron's question. "Yes."

"Pathetic," Megatron declared, stretching out his dragon head at them. "Friendship…will be your ultimate downfall. It won't save you!"

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a towering figure emerged from underneath the castle and Megatron could not believe what he was seeing! It was the figure of a transformer, a transformer that he thought was lost forever. "By the pits, you live again!" He screamed in horror!

Taken aback by what he was experiencing, Megatron immediately began to cower at the sight of the figure in front of him: It was Optimus Primal but in the transmetal form he'd once had.

"By the power of Optimus Prime," Optimus cried out with his voice slightly mechanical. "Optimal Optimus Primal has returned!"

Opening his large hand, Rattrap emerged, once again regaining his own transmetal look. "Whoo hoo hoo!" He laughed while cocking his gun. "I'm back, baby! Back!"

Dinobot also followed suit, standing next to his comrade. Just then, several more flashes appeared and Cheetor, Blackarachnia, Silverbolt, Rhinox, Tigerhawk and Waspinator also appeared with Cheetor and Blackarachnia having regained their own transmetal bodies.

"I think we should step back and let these guys take over." Fluttershy suggested.

"No," Celestia insisted. "Luna and I will fight! We'll help the Maximals finish off Megatron!

Standing in front of his enemies, Megatron could only wonder how he could defeat one group of Maximals now that they had retained their transmetal bodies.

"It's over, Megatron!" Optimus said as he and the Maximals drew their weapons on him and Celestia and Luna charged up their horns. "Surrender while you still can or else!"

"You think I will just easily surrender, Optimus?" Megatron declared as sparks began to pop out of his body. I do not surrender…I CONQUER!" Loudly roaring, Megatron charged towards the group!

The Maximals opened fire on their enemy while Celestia and Luna fired their horns' combined magical energies as Twilight and the others all looked away.

Finally, just as quickly as it had begun, the bombardment stopped and the Maximals stood down. All that remained of the Predacon leader was a sparkless husk.

"It's over," Optimal Optimus sighed. "The Beast Wars have finally come to an end not on Cybertron or prehistoric Earth…but Equestria."

While all this was going on, Grogar had finally managed to finish off most of the Predacons loyal to Megatron. Throwing down Inferno's body that he no longer had a use for, Grogar teleported himself to the outskirts of Ponyville and turned to Arabus and Lavan.

"Emperor Grogar," Lavan cried, bowing down in respect. "What a pleasure to…"

"Silence!" Grogar ordered the lava demon. "Find me any Predacon survivors and bring them back to my moon palace immediately! They will serve me or be destroyed," Grogar then noticed Inferno coming back online and walked back over towards him. "Including you, Inferno."

"Royalty," Inferno blinked. "What happened? Where am I?"

"That is none of your concern," Grogar coldly replied. "Take him." As a pair of donkey soldiers came to take Inferno into custody, Grogar turned to a far more pressing matter as he needed to do away with Megatron's spirit.

Back in the torture chamber as the fires were put out, Optimus bent down and picked up the husks of Rodimus Primal as well as those of Skids and Mudflap. "Brother," Optimus declared. "I promise you will be honored for your loyalty to the Maximal cause on Cybertron."

"Optimus?" Twilight asked as Optimus turned to face her. "I'm really sorry about Rodimus. Please know that…"

"My brother wouldn't want me to be sad or any of us to be sad," Optimus interrupted. "We are at war, Princess Twilight, and this is how war goes."

"So what is going to happen now?" Twilight asked. "Will you go back to Cybertron?"

Taking a deep sigh, Optimus realized that the true threat of Equestria was still out there. He didn't want to leave just yet, he wanted time. "For now, yes, once we find a way," Optimus answered. "But we will be back if you ever need us to help you again. You can be assured of that."

Rising to his feet, Optimus carried the remains of Rodimus out of the torture chamber and Twilight went back to overseeing the cleanup of Canterlot and Ponyville that the battle had caused.

As she flew overhead of the soon to be confirmed shared capitals, Twilight couldn't help but wonder if the final battle against Grogar was looming just over the horizon.

Meanwhile, up on the moon, Grogar sat on his throne and looked into his bell, hearing the screams of Megatron and the captured spirits of his loyal Predacons. "Listen to their pathetic screams, Scarface," He remarked. "Megatron refused to play by my rules, and thus he is here in my bell for eternity along with the rest of his minions."

Stepping down from his throne, Grogar walked over to the balcony and looked out his telescope, pointing it towards Earth. "And now, Equestria," He said to himself. "I turn my attention…to getting you back." And as he watched the Autobot shuttle carrying the Maximals leave, Grogar could only laugh to himself. He was convinced his ultimate conquest would soon begin!

PreviousChapters Next