• Published 10th Apr 2021
  • 2,324 Views, 203 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 13 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 13 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

  • ...
12
 203
 2,324

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 28: "Grogar's Endgame, Part 2"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: In an effort to throw off Grogar, Twilight and her friends split up between Ponyville and Canterlot as the magic barrier protecting the shared capitals of Equestria prepares to fall.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity/Luna

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

Nicole Oliver as Celestia

Gavin Longelo as Gallus

John DeLancie as Discord

Doc Harris as Grogar/Guard #1

Mark Acheson as Lord Tirek

Sunni Westbrook as Cozy Glow

Emily Blunt as Fizzlepop "Tempest Shadow" Berrytwist

Chris Britton as Starswirl the Bearded

Michael Pena as Grubber

Murry Peters as Somnambula

Matt Cowlrick as Rockhoof

Giles Panton as Flash Magnus

Ellen-Ray Hennessy as Mistmane

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 13, Episode 28

"Grogar's Endgame, Part 2"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

Previously on "My Little Pony"

Grogar: "This is a day of honor, my friends! A day when we will take what is rightfully ours! When it is over, the princesses of Equestria will be no more!"

Twilight: "I trust that is the legendary Excalibur you have in your aura?"

Celestia: "Excalibur has been an instrument of last resort in war since the founding of Equestria. Now, you are the one who will wield it against Grogar."

Tempest: "Grogar is making his way through the Everfree Forest as we speak."

Gallus: "If we did get killed, then at least we'd die as heroes!"

Rainbow Dash: "Guess we both are on the same page, aren't we?"

Starswirl the Bearded: "They got by us once, but they won't get by us again! We won't let them!"

Grogar: "They never learn. Such a pity."

Starswirl: "YOU...SHALL NOT...PASS!"

Grogar: "Once this barrier is destroyed, there will be no use hiding from me!"

Flying as fast as her wings could carry her, Somnambula raced towards the Castle of Friendship to warn Twilight and the others of Grogar's arrival. With Grogar's forces already on the move, time was of the essence. "I just hope Starswirl and the others will be okay without me." She thought to herself. However, no sooner did she approach the castle than did one of the guardsponies surrounding the castle take notice of her impending arrival.

"Captain Tempest!" He bellowed to Tempest Shadow who immediately came over. "Unidentified flying creature coming towards us!"

The broken horned unicorn captain of the guard dashed over to the guard upon hearing the call. Looking out, Tempest couldn't see what was happening. "It might be an invader. Take it down," She ordered to the guard, who replied before turning to the other guardsponies. "Prepare to fire!"

Readying their horns, the guardsponies prepared to fire their spells at the approaching Somnambula. Raising her sword, Tempest waited until the figure was in range. Suddenly, she took a closer look and saw that the creature was not an enemy at all. "Hold your fire!" She called while walking in front of the guards. "It's one of the Pillars!"

But one of the guards got too eager and opened fire accidentally, sending a beam of magic straight at Somnambula!

Seeing the beam, Somanmbula quickly ducked out of the way and the beam caught the attention of Tempest. "I said hold your fire!" The unicorn shouted, much to the guardspony's embarrassment. With the clearance given, Somnambula landed in front of Tempest and took a moment to catch her breath before the unicorn asked. "What is it, Pillar?"

"Grogar…" Somnambula panted, lowering her head for a moment before raising it back up. "He's here! He's trying to break down the barrier! I came to warn Princess Twilight and the others. Starswirl and the other Pillars are trying to hold the line as best they can."

Looking back to the castle, Tempest gestured for Somnambula to follow her inside while ordering the guards to stand at their positions.

Banging on the door, Tempest waited for the door to open and sure enough, Spike opened it up.

"Tempest," Spike greeted. "I heard some sort of commotion outside. What's going on?"

"Spike, Somnambula has a message for the princesses," Tempest explained. "Where are they?"

"Right here, Tempest," Twilight replied, stepping into the castle's lobby with her friends, mother and big sister figure. "At ease."

Stepping back, Tempest allowed Twilight to approach Somnambula.

"Somnambula, what's going on?" Twilight asked. "Has Grogar arrived?"

"He has, Princess," The pillar of hope replied. "He's already trying to break down the barrier as we speak."

Taking in this intelligence, Twilight turned back to her friends.

"Twilight, what are we going to do?" Fluttershy nervously asked. "It's only a matter of time before the barrier falls. Grogar's not the type to let up easily."

"Then we have to make the most of the time we have," Twilight declared, looking up to the castle windows. "Hopefully the barrier stays up long enough to deplete some of his army's strength. But I think I have a better idea on how to weaken Grogar further."

"What do you have in mind, Sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"If we split up between here and Canterlot and divide our forces accordingly," Twilight suggested. "Grogar will become confused and further weakened, hopefully."

"But what about…?" Rainbow Dash began to ask, thinking that she was no longer going to be working with Gallus and his friends.

"You stay at your post with Gallus, Rainbow Dash" Twilight reminded the Princess of Loyalty. "Spike and I will go to Canterlot and wait for Grogar there. If anyone else wants to come with me, now is the time to decide."

Suddenly, Discord materialized before their eyes dressed in an army uniform. "Are you serious, Twilight?!" He cried in disbelief. "Retreating from the battle?! now?! Some supreme princess you are! You do know that Grogar won't be fooled by your strategy, right?! I mean, he has half of my magic! He's going to find out one way or another."

"And what would you suggest, Discord?" Twilight asked, looking up at the draconequus. "That we just sit here and wait for Grogar to get us all at once? I disagree because I refuse to turn belly up and beg! The Pillars will hold the line here in Ponyville with assistance from my friends. Spike and I will go to Canterlot and take a small unit to reinforce the city. With a little luck, we can pin down some of Grogar's forces and leave only him to oppose me."

"What are you...a fish?" Discord remarked, turning into half of a fish and flapping about wildly. "Because they are the only ones who belly up and beg when they are out of the water."

Rematerializing, Discord looked down at Twilight with an honest expression. "Twilight, all joking aside," He insisted, placing a lion paw on her armored shoulder. "I want to try and get my powers back from Grogar. I may not have my powers now, but I can still do some damage. Please give me a chance. It could be the thing to decide the battle."

"Discord, if we are to beat Grogar for good we have to work together. If it's any consolation, you stay here with Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie to defend the castle alongside our students," Twilight instructed. "Perhaps maybe you can try and deal some damage to the advancing forces to draw them into battle here."

"Yay!" Discord proclaimed, producing half of a #1 sign. "Go Discord! Go Discord! Go Discord!"

With Discord assigned, Celestia and Luna were the next to approach Twilight.

"Twilight," Celestia pleaded "If you're going to Canterlot, Luna and I are going with you. If we know Grogar, he will surely head to Canterlot when he doesn't find you here."

"And Sombra will most likely be with him," Luna added. "Not to mention Scarface. He's not going to travel alone."

"Luna's got a point there, Twilight," Spike remarked, causing Twilight to get yet another idea. "Maybe if we split Grogar and Sombra up…"

"Hold it, Spike!" Twilight suddenly cried. "That gives me an idea. Maybe we can try and get the Crystal Empire involved in distracting Sombra. No way he'd be able to resist a chance to reclaim it. Cadence and Shining Armor might be able to do what they did the first time King Sombra returned, and create a shield to keep him busy. Then he won't be able to aid Grogar. Celestia, can you or Luna send a message to Cadence and Shining Armor about my plan?"

Nodding, Celestia and Luna agreed to the decision.

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie looked up and saw the barrier above the castle starting to crack. "Um, guys, I hate to be a party pooper,"She meekly commented with a nervous expression on her face. "But you might want to take a look at the barrier! It's not looking so good."

Seeing the cracks that were growing wider by the minute, Twilight knew that everyone had to act now!

"Twilight?" Spike asked. "What are your orders?"

"Tempest!" Twilight ordered to her captain. "Prepare to defend the castle by any means. Send one rank of soldiers to the border to aid Starswirl and the other Pillars if you can. As for the rest of you…"

For a moment, Twilight dropped her princess side and silently showed her vulnerable pony side. "Good luck...and may the maker protect us all."

Touched by Twilight's words, they all came together for an embrace, not knowing whether this was going to be the last time that they would all be together.

Then, breaking apart, Twilight, Spike and Rarity teleported away to Canterlot with Celestia and Luna. Meanwhile Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie Pie remained along with Discord, and Rainbow Dash went to the School of Friendship to help Starlight and the students in its defense.

Back at the borders, Starswirl and the other Pillars continued to try and hold off the advancing army of Grogar's.

From high above the dark crystal pillar that they were standing on, Grogar and Sombra saw the streaks of light coming from Twilight and her companions heading towards Canterlot.

"Sombra, that cowardly Twilight Sparkle is heading for Canterlot! I'm sure of it!" Grogar declared. "We must stop them! They're trying to split us up, thinking they can pick us off in smaller numbers!"

But before either villain could act, they felt the tall pillar shake beneath them as Rockhoof began to swing his shovel at the pillar, trying desperately to knock it down!

"Scarface, get him!" Grogar ordered to the bear!

Letting out a loud roar, Scarface jumped down towards Rockhoof.

Looking up, the Pillar of Strength ducked out of the way of the grizzly bear as he nervously held his shovel in defense. "You don't scare me, bear!" He cried. Then, letting out a yell, Rockhoof swung his shovel at Scarface! "Take this!"

With each strike, Scarface dodged the blows coming from the shovel and when he seized a moment, he swung a claw at Rockhoof, striking his red beard and slicing off a part of it!

"Rockhoof, hang on!" Flash Magnus shouted as he took out several donkey soldiers with a series of punches! Flying fast, Flash took his shield and banged it down on Scarface's back in an attempt to distract him!

Quickly taking notice, Scarface snapped his jaws at Flash Magnus in an attempt to bite him.

Thinking fast, Flash placed his shield into Scarface's mouth, trying to keep the grizzly's mouth from clamping down.

Racing down to his fellow pillar, Flash pulled Rockhoof out of the way as Scarface chomped down on the shield and spat it out in pieces.

"Thanks, laddie! Shame about your shield, though." Rockhoof cried as Scarface charged at them while several donkey soldiers struck at the two pillars, sending them crashing into the barrier and causing further damage.

"Don't mention it," Flash cried as he and Rockhoof confronted the donkeys. "The shield can be fixed. You're irreplaceable."

From high above the crystal pillar, Grogar turned his attention to the cloned Tirek. "Tirek!" He shouted as the cloned centaur used his strength to crush several pony soldiers. "Drain their magic and their strength at once!"

Delighted, the Tirek clone looked down on Flash Magnus and Rockhoof and opened his mouth, targeting them.

As they finished off the donkeys, both pillars felt their strength start to leave them and Rockhoof suddenly found himself getting smaller, being reduced to his younger self. "Flash," Rockhoof cried in a high pitched voice. "What's…?"

Cackling, the Tirek clone looked down at the two drained pillars. "Scram, runts! The big stallions are playing!" He taunted as both Rockhoof and Flash Magnus huddled each other in fear. But they wouldn't run away.

Then, right out of the blue, the Tirek clone loudly yelled as he punched into the barrier causing it to crack more just as a rank of soldiers from Twilight's castle descended on the border.

"Yes, yes!" Grogar cried happily. "Break it down! We are getting closer! It won't be long now!"

Retreating to Canterlot, Twilight, Rarity, Spike, Celestia and Luna gathered themselves in the throne room. They had every reason to believe that Grogar would be coming for them in the throne room, remembering the last time they'd fought the Legion of Doom.

"Okay, so now what?" Rarity questioned. "We've split up and…"

"Now we plan a sneak attack," Twilight explained. "Spike, you and I will sit on the throne and wait for Grogar and his minions. The rest of you hide from view until I give the order."

"Twilight, are you sure about this?" Luna nervously. "There's nowhere to hide unless it's up on the ceiling!"

Just then, they looked up and saw some of the security geese hiding in the hidden areas.

"What do you think, Luna?" Celestia asked in a sly voice and took to the air, much to Luna's annoyance.

"Show off." Luna muttered under her breath as she reluctantly joined her sister in their hiding place.

"I'll hide behind your throne," Rarity suggested. "Although it will be disappointing to not show off my fabulous armor."

"Your armor is meant to protect you," Twilight cautioned. "Not to be a fashion statement. Now hide until I say so! This could be our only chance to get the battle on our terms."

"Do as she says, Rarity. We need to be careful." Spike added and Rarity obeyed, taking shelter behind the throne.

With their friends in their hiding places, all Twilight and Spike could do was sit and wait for Grogar to arrive so they could spring their trap.

Back in Ponyville, the rest of the princesses continued to anxiously wait. The barrier was only just holding on as more and more chips began to fall.

"Okay, so we have a barrier coming down and a deranged goat coming towards us," Pinkie Pie thought out loud as she loaded one of her party cannons. "At least we have my party cannons to defend ourselves with. and thankfully Grubber and Hannibal are helping me out."

Just then, the hedgehog cook and his storm creature assistant brought out several party cannons containing whatever confections were inside.

"Uh, Princess Pinkie," Grubber asked. "Were there any more cakes and pies you want added? I think we have what we need."

"I think we have all that we need in terms of pie and cake types," Pinkie replied. "You can place them at each window. When our enemies try to get in here, they'll be in for a big surprise!"

Doing as they were told, Grubber and Hannibal placed the cannons at the lower windows of the castle.

"Pinkie, are you sure these cakes are going to slow down the advancing army?" Discord asked. "Not to say that I think cakes aren't a deadly form of defense or anything, but..."

"-Why wouldn't they be of use here?" Pinkie remarked, randomly pulling out a slice of cake. "I've used cakes all the time to defend against encroaching enemies and this is no different, right?"

Taking the cake, Discord gulped the slice in one bite and helped Grubber and Hannibal place the cannons at the windows. "Of course, there are others who can help us out," Discord proposed. "I'm sure you remember my old friend from the Gala…"

"Him?!" Applejack gasped, her eyes widening as Discord snapped his fingers and managed to produce his friend, the Smooze, in whole.

"Yes, I'm pretty sure Smoozey can use his, well, Smooze to engulf the encroaching army," Discord explained. "It doesn't hurt to try, right? Anything to even the odds in our favor."

Suddenly, they all saw a large piece of the barrier break off. Another sign that Grogar was getting closer and closer to breaching the border.

"Uh, if you are going to get Smoozey involved," Pinkie Pie suggested while looking out the window. "Maybe have him get involved now?" No sooner did Pinkie say those words than did another piece of the magic barrier break off.

"Of course," Discord suggested before donning a lion tamer's outfit and turning to the Smooze. "Smooze, sic em!"

The Smooze proceeded out of the castle, going through the castle doors much to the shock of the guards outside. Then, Pinkie felt her tail twitching, another sign that the enemy was breaking through.

"Everypony, battle stations! Pinkie Pie called and all took their positions at the nearest party cannon! "He's coming! He's coming!"

From the border, Grogar looked down at the further crumbling barrier and felt that the time had come to start making his move.

Looking down at the pony soldiers defending the border, he powered his horns and started firing down on them below!

"Aim for Grogar, Mistmane!" Starswirl cried as he directed the Pillar of Beauty towards the crystalized pillar Grogar and Sombra were standing on.

Charging her horn, Mistmane fired a blast at Grogar, but Sombra sensed the beam and countered it with a blast of magic of his own.

"He blocked it!" Mistmane cried as sne and Starswirl felt a strong gust of wind coming from Arabus as he started to pull in both pony and donkey soldiers into his twister like arms! The gusts caused more and more pieces of the barrier to break off and it was clear that time was running out.

Just then, Mistmane felt a sharp pain in her shoulder and collapsed. Turning around, Starswirl saw the clone of Cozy Glow with her alicorn horn charged up. "Golly, we must pay attention, Starswirl," She taunted. "Or else...look what happens."

Angered, Starswirl fired his magic at the clone and managed to repel her, only to be blindsided by another beam of dark magic, this time from the clone of Chrysalis.

Struggling to his feet, Starswirl tried to charge his horn up again but couldn't. The lead pillar could only retreat as the clone of Tirek threw away several pony soldiers and proceeded to drain Mistmane of her magic. "Mmm, magic seasoned with age," He laughed. "Delicious! A valiant effort on your parts, but ultimately futile."

Just then, several donkey soldiers brought forth Somnambula and Mage Meadowbrook, taken prisoner along with the drained Flash Magnus and the weakened Rockhoof.

Looking from the Crystalized pillar, Grogar could see that the first phase of his plan was coming together nicely. With the pillars disposed of, he could easily breach the border and proceed towards Ponyville. "Sombra, the Pillars have been defeated," He declared, looking to his second-in-command with an evil smile on his face. "The barrier is about to fall! Prepare to advance!"

Heeding Grogar's order, Sombra raised his horn and proceeded to further blast the barrier down. At last, the barrier could hold no longer and it started to crumble. With their protection gone, the pony soldiers at the border were left exposed to the advancing army.

Using his bell, Grogar called for the army to regroup on his position as he and Sombra jumped down off the pillar and onto the ground below. "With the barrier gone, you stand no chance against me!" Grogar shouted to the remaining pony soldiers. "Take this!" Using his horn, Grogar fired several lethal blasts of his magic, powered by his bewitching bell sending the remaining soldiers flying through the air.

Grogar cackled with delight as he, Sombra and Scarface led the army past the border and towards Ponyville.

From Canterlot, Twilight could see that the barrier was no more. "It's gone," She whispered as Spike also stood next to her with a blank expression. "Grogar...is heading towards Ponyville. Let's hope our friends can hold the line."

With the magic barrier gone, the battle for Equestria's defense against Grogar was about to be taken towards Ponyville itself.

...

PreviousChapters Next