• Published 10th Apr 2021
  • 2,351 Views, 203 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 13 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 13 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

  • ...
12
 203
 2,351

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 26: "Mutiny on the Grogar, Part 2"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: Midnight Sparkle and Grogar face off as the Mean 3 seek to form a rebellion against Grogar while trapped in Klugetown.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle/Midnight Sparkle

Doc Harris as Grogar

Alvin Sanders as King Sombra

Mark Acheson as Lord Tirek

Kathleen Barr as Queen Chrysalis

Sunni Westbrook as Cozy Glow

Robert Morse as Sendak

Taye Diggs as Capper

Brian Dobson as Mori

Nancy Cartwright as Gusty the Great

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman as Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 13, Episode 26

"Mutiny on the Grogar, Part 2"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

Previously on "My Little Pony"

Midnight Sparkle: "Why can't I be as good as he is? I will never be until he is removed from the equation."

Twilight Sparkle (to Spike): "The final battle will soon be upon us. I can feel it."

Moon Dusk (to Fire Blaster): "This is the only way we can be safe!"

Grogar: "I have this sudden feeling that she is trying to kill me. She has been suspiciously absent from my presence since I created her. And I fear she may intend to kill me."

Sendak (to Grogar): "I was just wondering if you needed any help."

Grogar: "What would you propose, Sendak? How would you get rid of my problem?"

Midnight Sparkle (to Sombra): "By the time I am done, you will be serving a new empress, me!"

Grogar: "What did you do to him?!"

Midnight Sparkle: "By the time I am done with you, Grogar, you will wish you never had created me!"

Grogar stepped down from his throne with his horns glowing in rage at the act of treason that was playing out before his eyes. "Midnight Sparkle," He snarled. "So this is how it's going to be?! You're planning to overthrow me and rule Equestria yourself, aren't you?"

"You hit the nail right on the head, goat boy!" Midnight taunted as she pushed the hypnotized Sombra to the side of the throne room. "So, how would you like me to destroy you? Do you want it to be quick or painless? Or it can be neither if you want to play it that way."

But Grogar did not answer. Instead, he stamped his hoof down three times and a few moments later, several loud roars were heard as Scarface ran through the doors to protect his master.

"Well, what is this?" Midnight Sparkle laughed, seemingly amused. "You brought me a teddy bear? Oh, you shouldn't have!"

Charging her horn, Midnight fired a blast of dark magic at Scarface, but the large grizzly moved out of the way while his master shielded himself with his bewitching bell's power. Charging again, Scarface attempted to pounce on Midnight, but the evil alicorn took to the air and blew a raspberry at him.

"Nyah, nyah, nyah!" Midnight mocked. "You can't catch me, you can't catch me! Silly old bear! All that time by your master's side has made you weak."

Angered, Grogar used his powers to force Midnight down to the floor.!

But Midnight managed to push herself upm breaking through Grogar's spell much to his frustration.

Running, Grogar lowered his head and attempted to headbutt Midnight, but Midnight once again jumped through his rampage.

"Well, Sendak, aren't you going to do something?" Grogar asked, glaring over at the old centaur.

However, Sendak didn't answer and instead folded his arms. "Not until Tirek is restored to full power." He insisted, causing Grogar to growl at him as Midnight flew down and pushed Grogar against the back of the throne room.

Grogar kept his eyes on Sendak, angered by his insubordination as he once again kicked Midnight off of him. Firing a blast of his magic, Grogar missed Midnight as she rolled over to avoid the beam of magic.

"You oughta listen to your friend," Midnight laughed as Grogar looked over to Scarface, directing the bear to swipe at Midnight's alicorn wings. "Because it might just save your life. You wouldn't want to leave him to fend for himself, would you?"

And Midnight fired a beam of magic at Scarface, hitting the bear in the chest and causing him to yelp in pain.

"Sendak, I will have your head for this!" Grogar yelled as he got to his feet. "Mark my words!"

Meanwhile, Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow found themselves at the edge of a small town in the desert. Still dazed and weak from escaping Serpentera 2, they walked into the town and quickly became engulfed by the large population of cats that occupied it.

"Golly!" Cozy gasped. "What...what is this? What's with the cats?"

"This is obviously a town inhabited by such creatures," Tirek remarked. "I know this place...it's called Klugetown. I heard about it once."

"Klugetown?" Cozy wondered, looking at her father figure. "What a strange name. But now that I think about it, Headmare Twilight once mentioned it when talking about the Storm King."

"Everything is strange around here," Chrysalis muttered. "But at least we're back on our planet...for the time being."

"So what do we do now?" Cozy asked her mother figure. "I'm starving!"

Slowly, Tirek walked through the marketplace and while there were cats, there were also various other creatures. As they walked, the trio were given strange glances from the residents.

"Hey, you!" A voice suddenly called out, causing Tirek to turn around and see a fish-like creature standing behind him. "You, old dude! Yeah, you!"

"What did you just call me?!" Tirek asked in an insulted, quiet tone before storming over to the fish creature. "I'll have you know that I am Lord Tirek, son of Vorak and brother of Scorpan."

"Son of who? Brother of who?" The fish creature remarked. "You must be crazy! Neither of those names ring a bell around here. Seriously, what do you want here?"

"Spare the jabber and help us!" Chrysalis demanded in a loud voice, storming over to him. "We need help!"

"Help? Why should we help you?" The fish creature snarled. "You look like something that just got dropped on the floor!"

"Dropped?"! Chrysalis gasped, charging her horn as it sparkled with its sickly green color. "I'll have you know that I am the rightful queen of the changelings...AND I DEMAND SOME RESPECT!" Firing her horn, Chrysalis strongly blasted the fish creature with her magic, engulfing him in it.

Once Chrysalis was done, the fish creature was covered in burns and could only stand in fright and fear. "Okay…" He meekly croaked. "I'll give you respect!"

Blowing the steam from her horn, Chrysalis accepted the offer. "Very good," She replied before turning to the other residents of Klugetown. "Now listen well, all of you. Who is in charge of this town? Take us to him."

"Well, we used to have a leader...but well, he's seen better days," Looking to their left, the trio saw a brown cat-like figure on two legs and wearing a long red coat emerge from behind one of the stands. Name's Capper...your majesty." And Capper bowed to Chrysalis, much to her delight.

"You'll have to excuse Mori here," Capper apologized, looking over to the fish creature. "He can let his mouth run wild. Now, what can I do for you?"

"We need help," Tirek explained, walking up beside Chrysalis. "It's a long story, but we need to fight against Grogar."

Almost immediately, the entire town locked their eyes on the trio.

"Goat dude?" Capper asked. "The goat dude?"

After an awkward silence, Cozy Glow answered Capper. "Yes, that 'Goat Dude'."

With all of Klugetown watching their conversation, the trio quickly came to realize that the citizens all knew Grogar to some degree. And that only further fueled the desire they had to find a way to get Grogar out of the picture forever.

"You know him?" Cozy Glow asked Capper. "Golly! That's quite a coincidence."

"It's no coincidence. Of course I know about him," Capper replied. "Rarity told me about him in her most recent letter to me. We write to each other once a month, you know."

Hearing Rarity's name made Cozy Glow land on the ground in disbelief!

"I can't believe this," Chrysalis sighed, briefly turning away and muttering under her breath. "A cat allied with one of Twilight Sparkle's comrades. What next? Are we seriously supposed to work with them?"

"We want to help fight him," Capper declared, much to Chrysalis' further shock as he tried to encourage the rest of the Klugetown residence. "Don't we, y'all?"

"But Grogar is too dangerous to fight by yourselves!" Tirek warned, turning around to face all the vendors. "We know what he is like! He doesn't play by the rules and he hurts others to get what he wants! As of now, he is mere moments away from launching an all out attack on Equestria! You must believe us!"

"Yeah," Cozy Glow added, once again taking to the air to support her father figure. "Plus Grogar's got a big old bear with a scar on his face that he isn't afraid to use! Why...he even fed the Storm King to that big old sack of fur!"

Several townsfolk didn't take the words seriously and began to laugh, much to Tirek and Cozy Glow's annoyance.

"The Storm King?" Capper remarked with a hint of scoff in his voice. "The last time I heard about the Storm King, he was lying in pieces in Canterlot!"

"He was brought back to life, you foolish cat!" Tirek protested. "Then he was killed by the bear after my father's kingdom was conquered by Grogar. Grogar has the power to bring creatures back from the dead as well as clone those who were insubordinate to him! His power is all but limitless!"

"Who knows?" Cozy Glow added again, flying over to a stand and picking up a mirror and showing the reflection of a merchant in the mirror. "He may even clone some of you!"

"Don't you see?" Tirek added, trying to further make his case to the townsfolk. "Regardless of what…" He briefly looked over at Capper for a moment, who was starting to understand the gravity of the situation. "...the Princess of Generosity says, we've seen what Grogar is capable of. You cannot go through this alone. You need us!"

Placing his hands on his chest, Tirek took a deep breath and began to think of another way to rally the townsfolk to his cause.

Even Chrysalis was starting to feel her lover's pain and frustration.

Then Tirek began to sing out:

Do you hear the ponies sing?

Singing the song of angry mares?

It is the music of the ponies,

Who will not be slaves again!

When the beating of your heart,

Echoes the beating of the drums.

There is a life about to start,

When tomorrow comes!

Motivated by her father figure's message, Cozy Glow joined in.

Will you join in our crusade?

Who will be strong and stand with me?

Beyond the barricade,

Is there a world you long to see?

Then, amazingly, Chrysalis joined in, motivated to share the same feelings as her lover and daughter figure.

Then join in the fight,

That will give you the right to be free!

With the passion building inside of them, the three sang together.

Do you hear the ponies sing?

Singing the song of angry mares?

It is the music of the ponies,

Who will not be slaves again!

When the beating of your heart,

Echoes the beating of the drums.

There is a life about to start,

When tomorrow comes!

Enraptured by their passion, Capper stepped forward to take their side.

Will you give all you can give?

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live,

Will you stand up and take your chance?

The blood of the martyrs,

Will water the meadows of home!

Finally having been convinced, the merchants and citizens of Klugetown emerged from their homes and businesses ready to fight!

Do you hear the ponies sing?

Singing the song of angry mares?

It is the music of the ponies,

Who will not be slaves again!

When the beating of your heart,

Echoes the beating of the drums.

There is a life about to start.

When tomorrow comes.

A little while later, the trio Capper along with the citizens left Klugetown behind and began to march through the desert, prepared to aide the ponies in the fight against Grogar.

Back in the throne room, Grogar and Midnight Sparkle continued their fight while Sendak watched from the sidelines. It was now becoming obvious that the edge was starting to go to neither opponent.

"You are powerful...for a goat!" Midnight Sparkle gasped, trying to catch her breath while also trying to remain defiant towards Grogar. "But I have more power than you! You created me to be the most powerful of all your creations!"

"So you say," Grogar whispered, looking down at his bewitching bell. "But do you see this bell? In it contains magic far greater than yours, Midnight. It's the magic that brought you to life, and the same magic that will end your miserable existence!"

Suddenly, Midnight Sparkle began to scowl at the words Grogar had spoken. She refused to believe that her creator was stronger than her. "Lies! Nothing is more powerful than alicorn magic," She sneered, looking over to the hypnotized Sombra standing next to Sendak. "Just ask your second-in-command."

"I beg to differ," Grogar replied with an evil smile on his face as Scarface slowly crawled up to Midnight from behind. "For if there is one thing that the Wolf King taught me...always stay one step ahead of your enemies. Scarface, now!"

Turning around, Midnight saw the large grizzly bear stand on its hind legs and before she could react, Scarface swung his claws at Midnight's wings, scratching them and causing Midnight to cry out in pain! As the scattered feathers from her wings fell on the floor, Midnight collapsed onto the ground, unable to fly.

Weakly, Midnight turned to look up at Scarface who had a look of death in his eyes as he looked down on her.

"Now you see, my clone," Grogar said as he stepped forward with his bell powering up. "That I will not tolerate insubordination and treason. Perhaps now, you will understand for yourself! You will never see the light of day again, you will remain my prisoner and your power will strengthen me!"

Ringing his bell, Grogar summoned two long green claws to grab at Midnight Sparkle.

Painfully, Midnight tried to flee, but it was no use. With her wings crippled, sje could not escape as the claws pulled her into the bewitching bell. As she was dragged into the bell, Midnight kept her eyes on Grogar, both sad and angry of her defeat. "You will regret disposing of me like this. Without me, you'll never stand a chance against that miserable Twilight Sparkle!"

With Midnight Sparkle gone, her spell on Sombra was broken and he was freed.

"What...what...what happened?" Sombra asked, trying to get his boundaries in place. "My emperor, I…"

But Grogar raised a hoof to silence him. "It doesn't matter now," He declared. "Midnight Sparkle has been dealt with. She's back where she belongs, inside of me. But there is still one bit of business that I need to take care of."

"What's that, my emperor?" Sombra asked as Grogar turned towards Sendak with an angry look on his face.

"Emperor Grogar, I beg of you," Sendak protested. "Please restore…"

"Silence!" Grogar demanded angrily as he approached him. "It seems that Midnight Sparkle was not the only one who has been insubordinate to me. Am I correct, Sendak?"

Frightened, Sendak walked back towards the wall, leaning against it as Grogar got closer and closer to him. "Tell me something, Sendak," He commented. "Who was the one that freed you from your imprisonment?"

Gasping and sweating profusely, Sendak could not answer Grogar's question.

"Was it Tirek?" Grogar asked before raising his voice loudly. "No, IT WAS I! I freed you from the imprisonment that King Vorak bestowed upon you! And now you wish for me to return the powers that I granted your protege and his lover, along with their charge?! I giveth and I taketh away anything that I please! You shall join Midnight in the bell!"

Realizing what was about to happen, Sendak watched as Grogar tapped into his bewitching bell's powers, ringing it as Sendak felt his body start to lose its feeling. Then as quickly as it began, Sendak's body collapsed onto the ground while Grogar absorbed the new powers he had obtained.

"My emperor!" Sombra gasped as he walked over to see Sendak's body on the ground. "What did you do?!"

"I punished Sendak the same way I punished Twilight Sparkle's clone: because I will not tolerate insubordination." Grogar explained.

"You...extracted his soul from his body?" Sombra guessed.

"I did," Grogar said quietly as he stepped back from Sendak's body. "And I will ensure that he never returns to it, unlike Midnight."

With a sudden jerk, Grogar turned to Scarface."Scarface…" he said. "Dinner."

Turning to Sombra, Grogar motioned for him to leave the throne room.

"Now, we prepare ourselves for the final solution," Grogar declared to his second-in-command.

Meanwhile, in the middle of the night, the six princesses of Equestria had gathered in the Castle of Friendship's throne room. New intelligence had come in and it was related to Grogar's next move.

"I don't see why this new intelligence had to come in the middle of the night," Rarity moaned as she let out a yawn, who only came to the meeting in a bathrobe. "Doesn't Grogar know it's rude to wake up ponies in the middle of the night?"

"Rarity, you know Grogar doesn't play by the rules," Pinkie Pie said. "He's a rulebreaker, right? A really mean one at that."

Rarity said nothing as the door opened to reveal Twilight, Spike and Gusty the Great with urgent looks on their faces.

"Sorry I had to drag you out of bed at this time of the night guys," Twilight apologized as she sat down in her throne. "Intelligence just came in and it's breaking."

"You mean intelligence is broken?" Pinkie asked, trying to lighten up the situation by producing a bottle of glue. "Do you want glue to fix it? I have some right here!"

"No, it probably means it's urgent," said Rainbow Dash, the wonderbolt in her starting to come out. "Doesn't it, Twilight?"

"It appears so, guys," Twilight replied as she opened a scroll and laid it out across the friendship guys. "As of tonight, Grogar is starting to mobilize his forces. They are on their way here, right now."

The rest of the princesses sat in their thrones and absorbed the gravity of this major development. Equestria's most feared enemy was now on his way.

"I don't think it's going to need glue now," Pinkie chirped, referring to the intelligence.

Then, Gusty took control of the meeting.

"Twilight and I have come up with a strategy according the intelligence," she said. "It appears that Grogar is going to be coming in from all directions, with each direction using an old ancient battle technique."

Using her magic, Gusty began to produce a series of drawings on the Friendship map. All of them were of the same drawing of a head with horns on it.

"Grogar's classical forms of attack are in the shape of a buffalo horn," Gusty explained. "The horns, the chest or head and the loins. What he plans to do on each side is to encircle and pin us with younger soldiers who will play the role of the horns, the main force will be the chest and the loins...they are the ones who will finish the job once the other two have done their jobs."

"It's, uh...jolly simple, isn't it?" asked Rarity. "Do the buffalo of Appleloosa know about this? That they are being used as pawns?"

"Not quite," Spike answered. "You guys remember the time Bloomberg got taken by the buffalo and I also got taken by mistake?"

"How can I forget?" remarked Applejack.

"Well, when I was with the buffalo," Spike said as Twilight produced a memory spell to show Spike's time with the buffalo. "I had a chance to get to know some of their battle strategies when they were planning to attack Appleloosa. The battle techniques they have are the same ones that Grogar has."

"I've already sent for Sheriff Silverstar and Chief Thunderhooves to be on standby in case we need their help in understanding the formations," Twilight said as she deactivated the memory spell. "All of our allies are also on high alert with the same instructions."

Immediately, a tense feeling began to develop amongst the six princesses. The battle that they so feared and anticipated was getting closer and closer.

"So what do we do now?" Fluttershy asked.

Taking a deep breath, Twilight resigned to their impending fate.

"We prepare for battle," she sighed, trying to keep her own anxieties in check. "We prepare for battle and may the maker help us all."

With those words, Equestria's forces mobilized in all its cities and towns throughout the night for when the night became morning, Equestria's greatest battle would soon begin.

...

PreviousChapters Next