• Published 10th Apr 2021
  • 2,351 Views, 203 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 13 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 13 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

  • ...
12
 203
 2,351

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 15: "The Midnight in Me, Part 2"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: Seizing an opportunity now that he's back on Earth, Grogar creates an evil clone of Twilight called Midnight Sparkle to serve under his command.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Doc Harris as Grogar

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity/Luna

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

Nicole Oliver as Celestia

Kathleen Barr as Queen Chrysalis' Clone/Phlebotomist

Alvin Sanders as King Sombra

David Kaye as Dirty Scoop

Patrica Drake as Twilight Velvet

Charles Demers as Night Light

Robert Morse as Sendak

John De Lancie as Discord

Patrick Stewart as King Vorak

Julie Andrews as Gentle Breeze

Dick Van Dyke as Gentle Gust

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 13, Episode 15

"The Midnight in Me: Part 2"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

"PREVIOUSLY ON MY LITTLE PONY"

...

Gentle Gust: "Why would they write such a comment about Twilight?"

Gentle Breeze: "Personally, I have a feeling that Twilight's going to be affected strongly by this."

Twilight Sparkle: "They're after me, Spike, and with a war coming."

Grogar: "Tell me, what are your thoughts on Princess Twilight's…mental capacities?"

King Sombra: "So?"

Grogar: "What if I were to create such a physical manifestation of Princess Twilight? It would be the perfect weapon!"

Dirty Scoop: "I'm Dirty Scoop, Canterlot Chronicle and this is my partner, Dirty Laundry. Both of us were wondering about something…are you just tooting your horn? Your recent decision to execute the changeling criminal, Hopper. My partner and I believe that decision was made because you were out of character."

Twilight Sparkle: "I didn't like doing it, but it had to be done. He was too much of a dangerous influence to be allowed to live. He threatened to pull off my wings for one!"

Rainbow Dash: Come at me, I'm a mare! I'm a princess! I'm a Wonderbolt! Why don't we take this outside?!"

Spike: "Better get her to the hospital."

King Vorak: "I only joined with you to reclaim my kingdom, not to help Equestria!"

Discord: "In many cases, you will probably end up like the Storm King…"

King Vorak: "I don't care if anyone else hears me…"

Sendak: ""How could you be so selfish, my king?"

Weakly opening her eyes, Twilight found herself awakened by the sounds of monitor beeps and her forelegs were once again stuck with needles containing medication and fluids for her body. She also found herself surrounded by her fellow princess, her mother and big sister figures and her parents as well.

"Oh Twilight, my baby!" Twilight Velvet cried with raw emotion in her voice, bending down to hug her daughter. "Thank goodness!"

"Mom, easy…" Twilight groaned as Twilight Velvet released herself from Twilight. "Wha…what is this place?"

"You're in the royal suite now, Twilight," Celestia warmly explained. "We all came immediately after we heard the news. How can some ponies be so cruel?"

"Yeah, I wanted to teach them a lesson!" Rainbow Dash snarled while pounding her forehooves together. "Nopony makes a mockery of you Twilight and lives to tell the tale! If I ever see them again, I'll…"

"Easy there, hothead," Applejack cautioned, raising an eyebrow to her fellow princess. "Remember, there may be others watchin' you."

"Who?" Pinkie Pie asked, jumping to the front door to see if there was anyone coming down the hall. "Who? What? Where?"

Grateful that she was surrounded by those she loved, Twilight sighed with content.

"Who were those ponies that asked those horrible questions?" Luna asked Twilight, sitting on the edge of her bed. "I would like to have some words with them."

"They were from the Canterlot Chronicle," Rarity explained. "I mean…we are doing all we can to keep our kingdom safe, right?"

"We are," Spike replied. "I get the fact that someponies are hard headed, but there was no reason at all for what just happened."

"It's…it's all part of being a princess, Spike." Twilight weakly insisted.

"Yeah, glad I decided to stop becoming one," The young dragon muttered, remembering how he'd used Twilight's position at the royal Equestrian summit to make himself look good. "I wouldn't have taken those questions head on. Especially…" But he could only think back to when his wings were threatened to be pulled off by the Legion of Doom.

Just then, Gentle Gust and Gentle Breeze came into the room with a phlebotomist holding a butterfly needle in her blue aura.

"Let me guess, you want a blood sample?" Twilight guessed, weakly trying to get her foreleg ready. "Take some, I'm already getting used to it."

Little did anyone know that the phlebotomist had an extra vile for Twilight's blood and that this phlebotomist wasn't what she really seemed to be.

"Just a small pinch, princess," the phlebotomist said in a gentle voice, her voice sounding like Trixie's as she placed the needle into Twilight's foreleg. As the blood was being drawn, Night Light was confused by the presence of another vile.

"Um, Dr. Gust?" Night Light asked. "Is there any particular reason why there is an extra tube?"

"Just to check on the other organs in her body for any sign of nerve agents, nothing too serious," Gentle Gust answered. "Can't really be too careful when dealing with mental health patients."

Soon, the needle was extracted and Twilight was bandaged up yet again.

"By the way, Twi," Applejack declared. "I have some apple mash that I've been meanin' to give ya. Reckon it'll help you feel better."

"Thanks, AJ," Twilight answered, moved by the gesture. "I probably will be in here for a day or two, so I can use the mash."

Then, despite her condition, Twilight turned her attention back to the war itself. "Has anypony seen Tempest Shadow anywhere?"

"Why do you want her?" Fluttershy asked. "She's responsible for overseeing the security measures."

"I want her to start a correspondence with Discord and King Vorak. Any messages that those two have for me must be shared with us, is that understood?" Twilight explained.

Meanwhile, Discord and King Vorak were greeted by Sendak, the elder centaur who had betrayed Vorak long ago.

"How could I?" Vorak remarked. "How could I be standing in front of the one who turned my eldest son against me? I should have executed you when I had the chance, Sendak!"

Sendak only gave a disapproving glance at Tirek's father. "Grogar has given me a second chance and I ask you to respect that, sire," He protested, much to Discord's dismay.

"Wait a minute," Discord remarked, waving his paw and claw as he stepped off the throne. "When did Grogar ever give you a second chance? He's probably going to dispose of you when he achieves his goal."

To prove his point, Discord transformed into a garbage can as a green furry creature popped out. "Yeah," Discord said in a grouchy voice. "Grogar doesn't give a flying feather about others aside from himself."

"Yes," Vorak added. "This is my kingdom, Sendak! If there will be anyone to take down Grogar, it is I!"

"Excuse me?!" Discord cried, stamping his goat leg in impatience. "What did Princess Twilight say? She didn't send you alone…did she?"

"It doesn't matter," Vorak stammered, glaring at Discord. "This kingdom is mine and no one…not even you, Sendak…will stop me from getting back what is mine!"

Exasperated, Discord stepped back from Vorak. "And until you do, hotshot," Discord cautioned, producing a quill and parchment with the word "Correspondence" at the top. "We are only meant to gather intelligence for Twilight and the girls…capiche?"

Rather than complying, Vorak snatched the parchment and ripped it up with his claws.

"Well, of all the nerve!" Discord gasped. "I'll see to it that Twilight knows about this when we get back!"

Little did they know that at the same time, Grogar and King Sombra were in a small courtyard where a grave containing the remains of the Storm King was buried.

"Take a good look, Sombra," Grogar declared. "This is the place where the bodies of Equestria's rulers will be buried as prisoners of war."

Taking in the delight of seeing a possible future grave, Sombra relished the possibility. "And I know the first one to be placed," Sombra declared, pointing to the right of the Storm King's grave. "Right there. The future home of her highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle! I can just see the epithet now "A pony truly unworthy to be a princess!"

This made the two villains share a laugh with one another. "I love the way your demented mind works, Sombra," Grogar said, nudging him in the side. "But my pet here will want to have the biggest feast of his life. Isn't that right, Scarface?"

The grizzly roared loudly at the declaration of Grogar's words. Unfortunately, the roars were heard back in the throne room.

"What was that?" Vorak cried! "Is that the bear?"

"It is and he is targeting you both as his next meal!" Sendak cautioned as Discord wrote up the latest intelligence.

Back at the hospital, the phlebotomist who had taken Twilight's blood brought it to the hospital's pathology lab. With no one looking, the phlebotomist took one of the tubes, holding the red liquid in front of her eyes. "Now Grogar has everything he needs." She declared, placing the remaining tubes in a tube holder before she activated her sickly green magic, teleporting herself and the bottle away.

Meanwhile in the royal suite, an incapacitated Twilight was still trying to process how to deal with the two reporters who'd gave her the anxiety attack.

"Clearly those ruffians need to be punished," Rarity suggested as she sat in a chair and sewing another Equestrian fashion. "Nopony deserves to be abused in such a way."

"Maybe they just need to be fired and nothing else," Fluttershy added. "Celestia, Luna, what would you do in this situation?"

"When we were princesses, we dealt with reporters just like those two," Celestia answered. "Starswirl taught us that sticks and stones may break our bones, but words can never hurt us."

A few moments later, the doors opened and Gentle Gust stepped back into the room.

"What's the latest on the bloodwork?" Twilight Velvet asked.

"Everything seems to be normal," Gentle Gust explained. "You had some nerve agents discovered in the area around your heart, Twilight. But not enough to cause a heart attack."

"Thank goodness," Spike sighed, wiping the sweat off his forehead. "Don't go down that path, Twilight."

"However, I did discover that some of the nerve agents managed to get into your cholesterol, Twilight," Gentle Gust continued. "Have you been stress eating lately?"

"At times," Twilight answered as honestly as she could. "Being a princess can be stressful, you know."

"We're going to recommend that you try and limit as much of your stress eating as possible," Gentle Gust cautioned. "In fact, exercise can really help you control your mental health and reduce the risk of panic attacks."

As supreme princess, Twilight took her doctor's advice to heart. Anything she did would be monitored by her subjects.

"Don't forget why I made your friends all princesses, Twilight," Celestia advised. "So you can have as much of a stable life as possible. In fact, maybe you and I can do some walking days. Walking is really good for the body more than anything."

All Twilight could do was chuckle slightly at her former mentor's suggestion. "Says the pony who likes to get extreme."

The room lit up with laughter at Twilight's remark and even Celestia herself couldn't help but manage a small chuckle.

"And there is another recommendation that I believe I should make." Gentle Breeze suggested.

"What's that?" Twilight Velvet asked.

"I would recommend to the Canterlot Chronicle that the two journalists who did this to you, Twilight, face disciplinary action or even termination from their jobs." Gentle Breeze explained.

But despite this, Twilight was reluctant. In her mind, she would be possibly denying two ponies their ability to make a decent living. "I do think that they should be held accountable," She acknowledged while clutching onto Celestia's hoof. "But I am not going to be the one to say that they should be fired, guys."

Back in the Distant Lands, Discord finished writing up the latest intelligence, sending it away with the snap of his lion paw. "Hope she gets it in time," He said to himself. "If you say that Grogar's teddy bear will be coming for us..."

"-Heh, he will get more than that when he's done with you both," Sendak cautioned. "Grogar is going to make things better for our world and there is nothing you can do to stop him!"

"Now Sendak, honestly," Discord scoffed. "Perhaps you don't know about your protégé and what he is up to right now."

"I know what he has done," Sendak retorted, as he walked towards the throne and turned around to Discord and Vorak. "Tirek was planning to assassinate Grogar."

Both Discord and Vorak were shocked to hear this news!

"Him and his girlfriend and that daughter figure of his. They were planning to kill Grogar, but I wasn't sure how." Sendak explained.

Then, Discord got himself an idea on how to get to the bottom of the situation.

"If you'll excuse me for one moment," Discord said as he snapped his lion paw once more and produced a television screen and several stickers were placed on Sendak's head. "Might as well get to the bottom of this."

Tapping into his chaos powers, Discord made the screen come to life and then the screen produced a picture of Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow gathered in their quarters.

"He's going to not honor our wishes," Tirek said as he paced back and forth. "He is far too dangerous. We must end him now."

"But what about the others?" Cozy Glow asked. "What about them?"

"They shall pay with their lives if they choose to interfere," Tirek remarked. "If we let Grogar continue with this, he shall carry out death orders and there will be no one left to rule over."

"Yes," Chrysalis added, stamping her hoof down on the floor. "We must have live subjects to rule over."

"Then is it agreed?" Tirek asked before extending his left arm out. "We carry out the plot as soon as possible?"

Following Tirek's lead, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow placed their hooves in front of Tirek's arm.

With the memory finished, Discord snapped the television screen and the stickers away.

"I can't let him go through with it," Sendak protested. "Grogar is the best thing that has happened to our world and…"

"You choose to rat out your own protégé?" Discord remarked, shaking his pony head in disapproval. "Tsk tsk. Shame on you."

Feeling the pressure, Sendak felt that he needed to defend himself. "I had to do something," The old centaur cried. "Grogar must carry out his plans for taking over Equestria and her allies."

Enraged by what he had just heard, Vorak drew out his sword, ready to administer the killing blow on his former advisor. "You pig!" He roared! "I shall kill you for this!"

Acting fast, Discord jumped in between Sendak and Vorak and snapping his lion paw, turned Vorak's sword into a pinata stick that struck Discord and broke off of him. "Now Vorak, is that any way for you to treat your servants?" He asked. "Shame on you!"

"Granted," A voice declared as the three creatures turned to see Grogar, Sombra and Scarface standing in the doorway. "But I think that any outside interference is bad for any conquest."

"Grogar!" Vorak cried. "I demand you to release my son to my custody at once!"

"So you can kill him yourself?" Grogar asked. "I don't think so, for the one place you truly belong, Vorak, is in here."

And Grogar tapped into the powers of his bell and it's sickly green energies approached Vorak and surrounded him. Struggling, Vorak attempted to free himself from the confines of the energy but to no avail!

"Scarface," Grogar commanded once he'd absorbed Vorak. "Kill."

Doing as he was told, Scarface walked over, and this gave Discord the signal to leave. "See ya, Sendak!" Discord said as he tapped himself away from view while Scarface feasted on the body of Vorak while Grogar and Sombra watched with delight.

Once Vorak was disposed of, Grogar and Sombra left the throne room and at that moment, the clone of Chrysalis arrived with the vial of Twilight's blood.

"Ah, you've succeeded," Grogar remarked, taking the tube in his aura. "Well done, my servant."

"Anything for you, my emperor," The Chrysalis clone answered, bowing to him. "I am here to serve you."

With the blood of his enemy in his grasp, Grogar proceeded to the next phase of his plan. Leaving the throne room, he headed down to the castle's dungeons.

"Take a good look, Sombra," Grogar declared. "This shall be the creature that will lead the attack on the capitol city, Ponyville!" Activating his magic again, Grogar produced one of his large black cauldrons used for bringing souls back from the dead.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given," Grogar roared and holding the bone of one of his victims, he threw the bone into the cauldron. "Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken." Holding the tube of Twilight's blood, he dumped it into the cauldron and the bubbles began to boil at a fast pace.

"Now, rise and serve your new master!" Grogar shouted as the dungeons began to shake, rattle and roll! As Grogar and Sombra watched, a dark purple mass of energy roared out of the cauldron followed by the presence of Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark, now darkened with evil.

Watching closely, Grogar and Sombra saw the cutie mark go down into the cauldron. And almost as if on cue, the head of a pony with dark purple fur and a purple and pink flowing mane came out, followed by large black alicorn wings. Opening her eyes, the figure displayed light blue glowing eyes with purple irises.

"Yes, yes! Welcome…welcome to my ranks…MIDNIGHT SPARKLE!" Grogar shouted as he let out a long, evil laugh knowing that he had created the creature that would help him finish off Twilight Sparkle once and for all!"

Climbing out of the cauldron, Midnight Sparkle stared evilly up at her new master, embracing the life that had been given to her.

PreviousChapters Next