• Published 10th Apr 2021
  • 2,351 Views, 203 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 13 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 13 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

  • ...
12
 203
 2,351

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 13: "How Discord Got His Chaos Back"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: When Grogar and his forces relocate from the moon to the Distant Lands, Discord sees an opportunity to take back his stolen chaos powers while Tirek, Cozy Glow and Chrysalis make their own plans.

Cast:

John De Lancie as Discord

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

Doc Harris as Grogar

Alvin Sanders as King Sombra

Mark Acheson as Lord Tirek

Kathleen Barr as Queen Chrysalis

Sunni Westbrook as Cozy Glow

Kazumi Evans as Adagio Dazzle

Diana Karina as Aria Blaze

Maryke Hendrikse as Sonata Dusk

Chris Britton as Starswirl the Bearded

Patrick Stewart as King Vorak

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 13, Episode 13

"How Discord Got His Groove Back"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

For over a thousand years, Grogar had been trapped on the moon after being sentenced for crimes against the ponies of Equestria. And now, at long last he could feel the time was drawing near to take back what was rightfully his. "Look at this, Sombra," Grogar said as he looked over the balcony of his moon palace. "My bell's powers are nearing their full power. Soon, I will have powers far beyond any imagination."

The overthrown king of the Crystal Empire also sensed his master's growing hunger. "Amazing!" Sombra gasped while looking at Grogar's glowing bell. "And with the Predacons out of the way, we can move in for the kill. How I long to get a piece of Equestria."

Sensing his second-in-command's equal hunger, Grogar gave him an evil smile. "And so you shall," Grogar chuckled. "If there is one thing the Predacons did right, it is was show how to conquer and attack your enemies to the fullest extent. Now, with them out of the way because of their stupidity, we can finish what they started."

At that moment, the two villains looked down to seeing Grogar's army of donkey soldiers preparing to mobilize for the journey to the Distant Lands.

"My emperor," Adagio Dazzle declared as both Grogar and Sombra turned to see the sirens, freed from the snow globe that Cozy Glow had put them in. "The army is anxious to return to Earth."

"Good my minions," Grogar remarked. "We leave shortly. Spread the word to my generals."

"At once," Aria Blaze replied as they all bowed. And as they left, the sirens had one last thing to say to Grogar. "Oh, and thanks for getting us out of that snow globe prison."

"Yeah, it was really uncomfortable." Sonata Dusk added as she shivered.

Once the Sirens were gone, Grogar sighed contently as he prepared to put away his things for the journey ahead.

Meanwhile, Chrysalis and Tirek were cleaning out their quarters per orders that they had received. But they had something else on their mind and it wasn't taking Equestria back for themselves.

"So Grogar wants to return to Equestria now?" Tirek muttered. "And of all places where he wants to set up a base is on my former homeland? What is he thinking?"

"He's thinking of toying with you, Tirek," Chrysalis sighed as she placed a picture of herself, Tirek and Cozy Glow in a saddlebag. "You saw what he did to our daughter."

Tirek felt himself taken aback by his girlfriend's words.

"Why do you consider Cozy Glow your daughter?" Chrysalis inquired.

Feeling somewhat confused as to how he could answer Chrysalis' question, Tirek let out a deep sigh. "It's…it's like she is my daughter, I can't explain it," Tirek answered. "And I think she sees me as more than a mentor, just like you see me as your lover."

"Well unless you want to be food for Grogar's bear," Chrysalis warned. "You'll keep those feelings hidden. Remember, we have to take Equestria for ourselves. We deserve to rule far more than old goat does."

As Chrysalis returned to the task at hoof, Tirek felt deep down that retaking Equestria didn't really matter to him anymore.

Meanwhile in Canterlot, Twilight Sparkle was in her royal suite going over notes that Moondancer had taken during a meeting. She could sense that Grogar was preparing to make his move and knew she had to be prepared to stay one step ahead of him.

"Twilight?" Spike asked as he came into the suite. "I, uh hope I'm not bothering you in any way."

"No you're not, Spike," Twilight answered as she looked over her secretary's notes. "What is it?"

"It's about the meeting with your generals today," Spike explained. "The strategy to defend all the targets Grogar has planned to attack…do you really think it will work?"

Taking her eyes off the those Twilight motioned for Spike to join her on the sofa. "Part of me thinks that it won't be perfect, Spike," She told him. "All that matters is we keep our subjects safe as much as possible…with minimum loss of life. I don't want a repeat of what happened the last time Grogar's forces attacked." The memories of the loss at the Distant Lands was still fresh in her mind.

"Neither do I," Spike added with a shiver going down his spine. "Still, it would be nice if we could get intelligence or an idea of Grogar's plans. Is he going straight to the Distant Lands…or is he coming here?"

This gave Twilight an idea for that having fresh intelligence on Grogar would give Equestria much needed time to act. At that moment, there was a knock on the door.

"Who could that be?" Twilight asked. "Spike, go answer it."

Doing as he was told, Spike flew towards the front doors of the suite and opening the door, he found Discord being kept at bay by two guardsponies holding spears.

"He comes in peace, guys," Spike declared, trying to get the guards to stand down and let Discord in. "You can stand down now."

"If anything Spike, I'm still just as much a threat as I've ever been," Discord somberly remarked before tapping into the half of his powers that he had to walk right through the barrier. "But at least I'm trying to be helpful. Is Twilight available for requests?"

"Requests?" Spike wondered. "What requests?"

"The requests that are not that hard to ask, of course. And yes, before you ask, Fluttershy knows I am here." Discord explained.

Bewildered, Spike led Discord into the suite and Twilight looked back to see Discord enter the study.

"Discord, what are you doing here?" Twilight asked in a confused tone. "Shouldn't you be…?"

"-Fluttershy knows," Spike interrupted, echoing Discord's words. "He's come with a request for you, Twilight."

Putting the notes down on the sofa, Twilight walked over to Discord. "What do you wish of me, Discord?" She asked in a firm tone of voice. "Speak up."

"How shall I put this?" Discord asked, trying to come up with the words to say to Twilight. "It's like this, your majesty. How would you feel if you had half of your magic taken away from you and you are beaten to within an inch of your life?"

As he spoke, Discord suddenly turned himself into an inch tall, much to Twilight's confusion and then proceeding to show bandages covering his mismatched body. "That's exactly what I have been feeling ever since Grogar found me out." Discord finished.

Immediately, Twilight got a very good idea of the request Discord was asking of her. "You wish to confront Grogar to get the rest of your chaos magic back?" Twilight guessed and a bell ringing sound was heard to clarify Twilight's correct guess.

Discord excitedly announced. "Exactly!"

"Discord," Twilight sighed, trying to set a good example. "I know you want to get the rest of your magic back, but you know Grogar has gotten more stronger since we last faced off against him and his forces. Besides, with the power he has you may get yourself killed."

"I need to take this chance, Twilight," Discord pleaded, placing his eagle claw and lion paw on Twilight's shoulders. "If you are going to win this war, you have to let me get back to full power! There's no other way!"

But Twilight remained steadfast.

"Look, before you ask, no I did not talk to Fluttershy about this yet," Discord protested. "But she has an idea of what I want to do! Please Twilight, you've got to give me this opportunity! Let me go spy on Grogar again!"

"Discord, I can't be responsible for the loss of a close friend such as yourself," Twilight sighed. "I get that you want to keep atoning for causing me to go into the hospital and delaying my coronation, but you must understand that the past is in the past and we have to move on. This isn't going to solve anything."

Getting exasperated himself, Discord ran his lion paw through his face. "Then…I guess there is no talking any further then?" He asked before bowing and turning to leave. "I'll see myself out."

"Discord," Twilight firmly declared, stopping him from going any further. "You will leave when you are dismissed."

Turning back around, Discord did as he was told. "Besides, I just got myself an idea. It's a crazy idea, but I think it may be the next best thing for you."

Turning to Spike, Twilight gave her command to him. "Spike," She instructed. "Have Starswirl and the Pillars come here at once."

Then she turned to Discord. "If you are determined to get your powers back from Grogar, then you will not be going alone."

Discord took a gulp knowing very well of what Twilight had in mind.

"You're not serious? You want Starswirl and the Pillars to have Tirek's daddy come with me? The one you despised for not accepting help?" Discord gasped with a surprised tone on his face.

"I'm just as baffled by this as you are, Discord," Twilight replied, seemingly regretting her own decision. "But if there is anyone who can help guide you through the distant lands, it's King Vorak."

"Twilight," Discord protested, again placing a paw on her shoulder. "I get the fact that you and Vorak…don't really get on very well. Can't say I blame you for it. He always was a stubborn fool to begin with."

"What I don't understand is why Vorak would come back and be begging Starswirl to give him a second chance?" Twilight pondered. "If it was up to me, I would say no!"

"Maybe there's something about him that you don't understand," Discord remarked, producing a red book with the words "The Book of Vorak" on the cover. "I mean look at this, the Distant Lands aren't exactly the best place in Equestria to go for a vacation."

Twilight swatted the book away with her wing and huffed loudly. "Vorak cannot be trusted, Discord," She firmly protested while stamping her hoof down. "I don't see why he would even be wanting a second chance to begin with. But, considering that Grogar is coming to the Distant Lands, we could always look at having an extra spy."

Suddenly, Spike stood in the entrance to the study with Starswirl and the father of Lord Tirek standing behind him. "Um, Twilight?" He called, catching her attention. "Starswirl and Vorak are here."

Turning sharply, Twilight faced her idol and the resurrected centaur king standing next to him.

"Twilight, I understand that this is not the best idea…" Starswirl tried to explain. "To bring back King Vorak…"

"Starswirl, I understand what you were trying to do," Twilight interrupted as the lead pillar stood aside. "But some creatures are not like the others."

The centaur king took an enormous gulp at the supreme princess of Equestria's firm and angry glare.

"Princess Twilight," Vorak remarked, clearing his throat. "Before you say anything, please understand that…"

"-Because of you we are at war with Grogar?" Twilight snapped. "If you had only listened to me and accepted my help…"

"I'm sorry, Princess! I'm sorry…" King Vorak cried. "All I ask is a second chance. Being killed by my eldest and sent to the land of the dead made me realize what I did was wrong. I was a bad father and an equally bad ruler."

"A father who beat his charges to assert his dominance?" Twilight asked, her voice seething with fury. "You're lucky that I didn't deal with you myself!"

Starswirl was shocked by Twilight's reaction! "Twilight, please…you have to understand…" Starswirl cried. "Excuse me, Vorak and Discord…I need a few minutes alone with the Supreme Princess." Using a disappearing spell, Starswirl sent Discord and Vorak away, leaving him alone with an angry and betrayed Twilight.

"Look, I know you are upset by this development," Starswirl said, trying to stay as calm as possible as Twilight paced back and forth. "But you must hear me out…"

Twilight only snarled! "Starswirl, how could Vorak be given a second chance? He must have been trying to trick you so he can come back to life and further tarnish the efforts we are trying to do to win this war!"

Starswirl tried to say. "I can assure you that…"

"Assure me what?" Twilight snapped in a loud voice, her horn glowing with rage beneath her large crown. "That he will refuse to be a team player? That he will bring actions that cause great damage to my subjects?"

Realizing her error of yelling at her idol, Twilight immediately calmed down. "S-sorry, Starswirl," She stammered while taking deep breaths. "It's just that…I refuse to work with others that won't help those around them. You understand, don't you?"

Stepping forward, Starswirl could only sympathize with what Twilight was going through her mind. "Yes, but don't forget that I was once in your horseshoes too, Twilight," He told her as he and Twilight sat down on the sofa. "In fact, all of us were. Had we opened up to Stygian fully, he would never have become the Pony of Shadows."

Taking another deep breath, Twilight took in what Starswirl was saying to heart. "I…I guess you're right, Starswirl," She whispered. "But Stygian isn't like Vorak. Unlike him, he understood the error of his ways. Vorak isn't like that. But, who am I to question you, Starswirl?" She asked. "If you say that Vorak has changed, then he needs to prove it to me. All he needs to do is to be there for Discord and nothing else. If he crosses the line or backstabs him, then I will deal with him myself. Is that understood?"

Not saying anything, Starswirl obliged to Twilight's command.

Activating his spell, Starswirl brought both Discord and Vorak back in front of Twilight.

"All right," Twilight began, sitting on her sofa and gesturing them to stand in front of her. "I've made my decision. Vorak, you shall accompany Discord to your kingdom and report to me any movements that Grogar will make or do. If I hear you defecting for any reason at all…there will be consequences. Is that clear?"

The sounds of authority in Twilight's voice gave Vorak a pretty good idea. "Yes…your highness." He replied with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Good," Twilight nodded before activating her teleportation spell. "Now go!" Using her spell, Twilight teleported the two creatures away. Once they were gone, she turned back to Starswirl.

"I hope you know what are you doing, Starswirl," Twilight sighed. "Then again, I haven't questioned you yet."

"Sometimes, I've questioned matters myself, Twilight," Starswirl sighed. "Vorak may have a reason for coming back…but I don't know the whole truth."

Having heard enough, Twilight felt her time in Canterlot was completed for the night.

"Spike?" Twilight asked in a tired voice as he came back into the study. "We're heading back to the Castle of Friendship."

Nodding, Starswirl teleported himself away while Twilight and Spike proceeded back to the Castle of Friendship.

Meanwhile, Grogar had just finished packing everything in the throne room when he suddenly got an idea. "Sombra," He declared as he looked at the empty throne room. "The time is drawing near for us to leave."

Sombra nodded. "Of course, my emperor. Our homecoming will be so sweet."

"But there is one thing that I must ask of you." Grogar added.

Slightly confused, Sombra placed a confused look to Grogar. "Yes, my emperor?"

"I want no interference in the plans ahead," Grogar firmly declared. "Bring me the three troublemakers and that hothead with his zebra friend. I must make an example out of them!"

"My emperor?" Sombra asked in a confused tone.

"Would you care to repeat what I said?!" Grogar asked in a firm tone.

Saying nothing, Sombra complied and left the empty throne room to carry out Grogar's orders.

Meanwhile, Tirek and Chrysalis were just finishing up with their packing when Cozy Glow appeared. "Okay," she said to her parental figures. "I've discussed everything with Lavan and Zeb and I think we should strike as soon as possible."

"As soon as we get to our destination, I presume?" Chrysalis whispered to her daughter figure. "The Distant Lands?"

"Of course," Cozy Glow replied. "The sooner the better."

"With Grogar disposed of, we'll win this war by our rules and our rules alone," Chrysalis declared in a hushed voice. "That will show the rest of them that we are not disposable!"

Suddenly, they heard the sounds of footfalls coming down their hallway. Peeking out the window, Cozy went to investigate what was going on. "Uh, guys?" Cozy asked in a timid voice. "Sombra's coming down with some donkeys. Must be time to leave, I guess."

"Good," Tirek whispered. "As soon as we get to the Distant Lands, we take out Grogar!"

So the three readied themselves to leave, but Sombra instead stood in the doorway, towering over them.

"Um, King Sombra, sir," Cozy Glow nervously began. "Are we preparing to move out?"

"Yes," Sombra answered with an evil smile. "I trust you know your assignments?"

"Yes, I pay a visit to my kingdom and dispose of that traitor, Thorax." Chrysalis declared.

Sombra then asked. "And Tirek?"

"Cozy Glow and I take care of the Yaks in Yakyakastan." The centaur nodded.

Nodding back, Sombra prepared for what he said next. "So you think," he murmured as the sounds of struggling could be heard coming from down the other end of the hall. Looking to the side, all saw several donkey soldiers pulling Lavan and Zeb down the hallway, bound and gagged!

Suddenly, the three one time united threats all became scared of what was to happen next. Without warning, Sombra activated a binding spell on the mean three, forcing them down to their knees as the donkey soldiers surrounded them and placed shackles!

"What's the meaning of this?!" Chrysalis furiously demanded. "Release me at once!"

"I don't think our emperor will like that," Sombra declared while chuckling slightly. "You're all under arrest for plotting to assassinate our beloved emperor."

"Who told you that?!" Tirek demanded, and Sombra nodded to the bound and gagged Lavan and Zeb.

Having done what he had set out to do, Sombra brought the five backstabbers to the throne room where Grogar was standing in the area where his throne once stood.

"Quite an interesting gathering," Grogar remarked while inspecting them. "Plotting to assassinate me, will you? Well, clearly that isn't going to be happening, is it? Sombra, take them to the dungeons and place them in irons."

This made both Tirek and Chrysalis give each other a double take.

"We haven't been heard from, Grogar," Tirek cried before raising his voice. "Haven't we got the right to be heard from, my emperor?"

"Oh yes, you do," Grogar said. "At your court material in Canterlot where you will be heard right up to the moment of your final fate."

"You…you won't get away with this!" Chrysalis snapped, struggling in vain against her bonds.

"Sorry, I'm afraid I already have," Grogar declared while tapping into his bell's powers. "Anyone who doesn't play by my rules or who tries to backstab me…is out."

Suddenly, the bell released its magic on Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow, draining them of their enhanced powers once more, reducing them to the forms where they had been turned to stone. "Sombra," He then ordered. "Do as you are told."

"Of course." Sombra replied and motioned for the donkeys to bring the five villains down to the dungeons.

With his bell charged, all Grogar could do was turn his attention to the major battle that was about to transpire. "And I can assure you!" Grogar shouted as they left the throne room. "That I shall win this war by my own rules and that no one…not even you can stop me!"

And as Grogar laughed evilly, the five villains took one last glance at Grogar as the doors to the throne room were slammed…signaling the beginning of what was to transpire from the moon to Equestria!

PreviousChapters Next