• Published 7th Apr 2021
  • 1,393 Views, 29 Comments

The Goddesses of Ice and Fire - Foal Star



Rainbow Dash has been given the role to give birth to the newest reincarnation of the Goddess of Fire

  • ...
16
 29
 1,393

chapter two: Rainbow Dash vs Harshwhinney

Rainbow Dash was sitting in Nurse Redheart's office she was waiting for the nurse to come back, staring at the ceiling tiles. The daredevil mare was somewhat nervous as she waited for her test results. She waited for the nurse to come by with her clipboard and looked over at Rainbow Dash with a kind smile, "hello, ready for your test results?"

"Yeah," The daredevil mare sighed reluctantly; she really wasn't, but Winter eventually convinced her to go to the hospital for a checkup.

The nurse came over and with a smile, "so…um…I guess there's good news: your growing foal seems to be really healthy, and you're also doing very well yourself."

"Oh great, thanks for letting me know," Rainbow Dash grumbled under her breath. She already figured that much by herself.

Nurse Redheart slowly walked over and handed her a file as she continued. "Look, there are options if you don't want the baby…"

"Ugh!? No, it's fine; I already promised I'll give birth to it... it's complicated; this goddess thing chose me for some reason? Guess she liked my attitude?" The daredevil mare grumbled under her breath, feeling weird trying to explain her situation to somepony else.

Redheart shook her head, seeming to be somewhat confused at what Rainbow was trying to say, and replied, "ok, well, we have you scheduled for next week for another scan, for right now, I'm just going to monitor your foal's growth…also…I know you're trying to keep this secret but …you know you won't be able to compete in the upcoming Equestria games right?"

The daredevil mare cursed under her breath as she sighed and grumbled, "Yeah, I know!? But I can still be a judge for the foals who'll bear the flag for Ponyville?"

"That's all up to for Harshwhinney; as for myself I've already approved that you can," Redheart replied. Rainbow started to get excited before the nurse gave her a glare and added, "as long as you don't overexert yourself."

"Alright," Rainbow grumbled again as she flew back down with her cheeks flushed pink.

Before she left, Redheart gave the mare a bag of supplies, "I put some vitamins in there, take each one once a day every morning, along with some helpful reading material, and you know the usual, don't drink coffee, don't drink alcohol and please don't do any crazy stunts, ok?"

"Ok, whatever," Rainbow mumbled under her breath before she stomped off, wondering how things could possibly get worse.


The daredevil mare woke up early the following day. She was supposed to be feeling somewhat ready for coaching the school foals of Ponyville and judging to see who will be bringing in the flag for Ponyville. However, Rainbow felt sick; she felt her body quivering, feeling this overwhelming urge to puke. The mare groaned, placing her hooves around her stomach. She knew her body was already acting harshly from the abnormal pregnancy. Rainbow Dash then ran to the bathroom and puked her guts into the toilet. Afterward rinsing her mouth with mouthwash and brushing her teeth rather thoroughly. Rainbow Dash then went to get some breakfast. The mare went downstairs, took out a bowl, and poured herself some Wonderbolt Flakes; she then poured some milk in and took a bite. She chewed on the cereal, and she felt that something was off. She reached over to the counter and poured some hot sauce into the bowl. She then shoved another spoonful of cereal in her mouth, and her eyes went wide. It was actually delicious now as Rainbow sat down to enjoy her meal and as she chomped down on her cereal and continued to do so for some time. After her breakfast, Rainbow Dash was still rather hungry; she then took out a tub of ice cream and tossed some jalapenos inside. After taking a few bites, she started to gorge on the ice cream shoving big scoops of it into her mouth.

She didn't even notice that Winter just watched her the entire time, looking somewhat confused, and the daredevil mare looked up with an odd look before she swallowed and asked, "what?"

"Oh nothing, just enjoying the show; I love to see your strange new cravings." Winter snickered as she went over to the fridge and pulled out a chilled latte.

Rainbow pouted, so she longed for coffee, but she knew she couldn't have caffeine as she went to the stove and boiled a teapot of water to at least make herself some herbal tea. She did tell Twilight about her issue in hopes that maybe she could help. But of course, that was pointless, but she did introduce her to Zecora, who gave her some herbal teas she says will help. Rainbow grumbled angrily to herself, hating the fact how ponies treating her like she's helpless. Rainbow took some vitamins and popped them as she drank her tea. She again smacked her lips and felt as if something was missing. She then plopped ice cubes, took a sip, put some hot sauce inside, and then finished drinking it. Rainbow Dash then placed the cup down as she spread her wings and then flew out the door. The mare groaned; still feeling sick from this morning; she hoped she didn't puke in front of a classroom full of foals.

She then flew across the sky, heading to the Ponyville; she was hoping she wasn't late; she heard of Mrs. Harshwhinny, the mare running the Equestria Games was rather ruthless and strict. She burst through the front doors of the school and saw Harshwhinney in front of her.

"Well, it's about time, Mrs.Dash. I was wondering when you would arrive?" Harshwhinney scoffed loudly.

Rainbow Dash waved a hoof as she came inside the school; she felt pretty nervous for some reason and a bit peeved at Mrs. Harshwhinney was already treating her like a school foal. But she remained silent as Harshwhinney went on a spiel about how honored they should feel flying the flag for the Equestria Games. Rainbow just sat there rolling her eyes and trying to do her best to keep her emotions in check. But she couldn't help but reminisce about her own experience flying the flag for Cloudsdale when she was a filly and exclaimed, "Yeah, I remember when I was a filly flying the flag for Cloudsdale, and how proud I felt!"

Harshwhinney turns her attention to Rainbow Dash and scolds her, "Mrs. Dash, keep your emotions in check!"

The pegasus started to get rather angry with this angry old mare, with Rainbow Dash's face turned red, and steam poured from her ears as she slammed a hoof on the ground. "I think you need to calm down!"

"Excuse me?" Harshwhinney replied, looking somewhat surprised at being talked back to.

Rainbow glared at the mare; she had enough of this old mare and stomped over, "you don't get to tell me what to do! Or how I feel! I can be as emotional as I want to be. I'm bucking pregnant!"

Everypony gasped, and Rainbow Dash just realized what she said out loud. Cheerilee came over and glared and snapped, "Mrs. Dash, don't use that language in front of the foals!"

Rainbow, however, was feeling enraged she was tired of this Mrs. Harshwhinney acting like she gets to decide how she judges!? Well, she was going to give her a piece of her mind. "I don't care! I just want to judge these foals, and this blep wants to try to tell me what to blep do! Also, yeah, I'm pregnant! I might as well and just tell you all it's eventually going to show anyways!"

Mrs. Harshwhinney's cheeks flushed pink; she was clearly unnerved and whispered, "um…Mrs. Dash, please calm down…"

Rainbow, however, had all this pent-up rage, and she couldn't stop as she shouted, "Calm down!? No, I'm not gonna calm down! I went on an adventure with Daring Do, thinking we'll be going through an ancient temple or pyramid full of traps and puzzles, but guess what? Instead, I got pregnant with a goddess of fire or something. Now I'm not sure if I'll be able to compete in the Equestria Games; heck, I don't even know if I'll be able to do this job!"

"Alright, I think Rainbow Dash needs a timeout," Cheerilee exclaimed as she bit Rainbow Dash by the ear and led her out of the school like a foal as she took her outside.

Rainbow kicked about; this was so weird she could've easily broken out of Cheerilee's grasp, but she also felt powerless at the same time as she shouted, "let go!"

Cheerilee let Rainbow go, but she still was rather furious as she asked, "Listen, can you do this?"

Rainbow Dash rubbed her ear now, feeling somewhat embarrassed and regretful for the things she said, and grumbled, "yeah, I can sorry I've just been feeling so weird…I can't believe I said all that…"

Cheerilee placed a hoof on her shoulder, "It's alright, I…I can't believe that happened to you on your trip, and I honestly can't understand what you're going through. I'll talk to Hrashwhinney and try to smooth things over, given your situation."

Rainbow Dash gave the mare a sigh of relief and whispered, "thank you."

The teacher however wasn't done as she held up a hoof and replied, "but, I have to ask do you want to continue being a judge? And can you keep yourself in check? If you have another outburst like that I doubt Harshwhinney will let you judge."

Rainbow lowered her gaze as she considered maybe just saying no and going home…but she really wanted to be a judge, pregnant or not! She looked up and stared right into Cheerilee's eyes and slammed a hoof down, and proclaimed, "yeah, it's fine, I can do this!"

Cheerilee nodded with a smile, "alright, I'll go inside and talk to Mrs.Harshwhinney; for now, I would suggest you take some time to calm down…also, please watch your language around the foals."

Rainbow just grumbled as she stomped off, still having a few choice words for Mrs.Harshwhinney but headed off to the fields near the school where they'll be doing the performances. Cheerilee was right. It's probably best she just stays here and gets some fresh air she needed to calm herself and prepare for helping the foals with their performances not her pregnancy.