• Published 9th Apr 2021
  • 4,426 Views, 165 Comments

Equestria's Hitman. - The_Chill_Author



[Displaced] Hello, my name is Hit, and I'm a Hitman. I serve under no one and I always finish the job. I serve for the highest bidder, who ever pays enough, will find their enemies head at their doorstep. I am Equestria's Hitman.

  • ...
20
 165
 4,426

Chapter 7: You And I Aren't So Different...

I crashed through the broken city of Manehattan and landed onto a pile of rubble. I got up, blood dripped from my forehead, my clothes in tatters. I was then kicked at the side of the head, I raised my forearm to block it and I was sent through the rubble. I then halted myself by digging my fingers into the dirt, I then slowly got up shakily. My knees weak, arms heavy, from the skies I saw Tirek, Chrysalis, Discord, Adagio, Aria, Sonata, (human forms) and a shadow figure dropped down in front of me.

"Oh how the mighty have fallen, the great and powerful Hit now being beaten and bloodied." The Shadowy Figure said with a peal of chilling laughter that sent shivers down my spine.

"It's, like, such a shame too," Sonata said, "You were kind of hot." Sonata smirked, her eyes began to glow with malicious magic.

"Really? Why would you want to be with a pathetic bastard like Hit?" Chrysalis said with a quirked eyebrow.

"Go fuck yourself!" I shouted, I used my Time-Skip to stop everyone immediately, I threw a punch at Chrysalis, only for an orangish black aura to stop my fist in its tracks. I glance at Discord and I grit my teeth.

"Well I can, but I'd much rather you breed with me." Chrysalis jokes, my eyes twitched with rage.

"Yeah, no, I can't allow you to do that. However, with your puny strength, you wouldn't be able to do anything to harm her!" Discord laughed at me.

"And with Magic, I obtained from the tomb of Umbra the Dark, I've become a God!" Tirek clenched his fist, his fist began to glow with the darkest of Dark Magic.

"And with the power boost we've gained by accessing the Gates of Negativity, we're unstoppable!" Adagio crossed her arms and looked down at me.

"You're weak Hit." Aria said, leaning down at me and staring me in my eye. "And yet, I can't help but feel sorry for you. Imagine being an Assassin at the top of his game, but suddenly dragged down to this HELL by a fucking moron."

"Aw! Don't say mean things to my friend, Hit!" Sonata complained.

"Friend, that word stings doesn't it, Hit? You have built this lovely thing you have here and we came and struck it down. How does it make you feel? Hopeless?" Aria asked me, I clenched my teeth in anger.

"I don't think I'm done with him just yet, I want to hear him squeal under my boot." Adagio said with a malicious smile, I growl in anger, I will not be humiliated by some level-headed bitch like her!

"Ladies, please, now Hit… You're powerless, weak, pathetic, nothing but a fly. But… If you join us, I can make you something more." The Shadowy Figure spoke, "Join us Hit, and become something more than just a Hitman."

"You know what?" I chuckled, I then jumped back and hopped on the broken buildings to go high in the air. "No! My life as a Hitman will NEVER be over! I will gain one hundred friends and I will complete my mission! So fuck Hives, fuck Umbra, fuck Gates, AND FUCK YOU!!! SHIIIIINN!!!! KIKOHO!!!!" I roared as I shot the most powerful Kikoho I could muster. It blew the rest of the city away and made a huge dust cloud. I then panted heavily, did I get them? Did I win?

I then heard a sigh, "Men, so stubborn." I got a chill from my spine and I looked behind me to spot Adagio who fired off a Ki blast at me. Sending me downwards, I then hit the sides of the building I was next to and hit the ground. I coughed up blood, I was on my stomach. I then tried feebly to get up, I got to about knee level before my legs couldn't continue further. They were exhausted from the battle and the Kikoho, I looked in front of me and I saw the villains lined up with an index finger pointed at me. Ki began to form from their fingertips. And the Shadowy Figure licked his sharp teeth.

"I was hoping you would be smart and comply, but what was I thinking anyway? Offering help to a lowly Hitman such as yourself, at a point in my life I admired you. But now I see the man who you truly are, nothing but a weak, pathetic fool. Goodbye… ##s###…" The Shadowy Figure said with a grin, the Villains then fired their Ki waves at me, blowing me away along with the rest of the city… From the rubble, there were three flowers with sad faces on them, withered and petal-less.


I woke up, my eyes opening wide as I scrambled upwards. I then sighed heavily and looked at my hand. Was… Was that a nightmare or a wet dream? ...A wet nightmare? It must be, there's no way it couldn't be one, no way otherwise.

"Hit, are you alright? You were muttering something about your Hitman life will never end." Spike said, looking at me, I glanced at the lad. It was early in the morning and I sighed before I patted the lad.

"Nothing you should be worried about, me either, it was just a bad dream." I then get up from my mattress. I had been sleeping on a mattress for weeks in the spare bedroom. I had no bed but a mattress.

"Hitmen can have nightmares? You can have nightmares?!" Spike said in awe, I shook my head.

"Of course we can, we are living beings just like you. Everyone can have nightmares, even Celestia." I said as I walked out of the spare bedroom and out into the main library. I inhaled through my nose and smelt pancakes with syrup.

"Even Celestia?" Spike said in awe as we walked into the dining room where my plate was prepared, Twilight was currently eating her pancakes.

"Yes, even Celestia." I nodded, as I sat down at my seat Twilight looked over to me and swallowed her breakfast.

"What are you two talking about?" Twilight asked, Spike, looked at Twilight.

"We're talking about Hit's nightmare and even ponies- er, guys as strong as him can have them!" Spike chirped, Twilight raised an eyebrow, her horn began to glow and a notebook and quill popped into existence.

"So what was your nightmare about?" Twilight asked me, I glanced at her, I wouldn't tell her everything only some.

"My nightmare was about me dying from the forces of evil, well, that isn't how I prefer to go. I'd rather die on the job, killing targets." I said with a sigh, I missed my old life, and I missed my home in the Frozen North.

"You die? How? You're one of the strongest ponies that I know! Er, guy-thing." Twilight said, writing down what she had learned.

"Just because I am strong doesn't mean I am unbeatable.” I replied, “There are many who are stronger than me, Celestia rivals me in powers. Discord as well and… I forgot who they were…” I said, not knowing of the other princess.

“Hm… Well-” Twilight was cut off when Pinkie Pie busted through the door.

"Twilight I don't know what to do, there is this new Donkey in town who dodged all of my offers of Friendship! I tried singing, introducing myself, everything!" Pinkie wailed dramatically, I just looked at her before glancing at Twilight.

"How about you go for a walk while I deal with this, okay?" Twilight offered.

"Will do," I said with a nod, I then walked out the door and closed the door behind me. When I walked out I began to make my way to the Town Hall. It's the place where job offers are and where any newcomer would likely go to. Ponies waved and smiled at me as they walked past me, I don't get it, why are they so forgiving? I walked into Town Hall walking past Mayor Mare.

"Excuse me, can I ask you something?" Mayor Mare asked, I stopped and glanced back at her.

"What is the question?" I asked the Mayor of Ponyville.

"Are you enjoying your stay here in Ponyville?" Mayor Mare asked, let's see… I got my head stuck in a tree, forced here without my free will, got an annoying welcome party, chased by a love-induced Cheerilee across the globe, forced to work at Sugarcube Corner for a day, encountered a man with a watch that has weird powers… Yeah…

"No," I said as I turned away, I then walked inside Town Hall and Mayor Mare blinked in surprise. She didn't think I'd be so cold. I then walked down a corridor and saw a seventy-inch sign with posters on them. I saw a lone donkey looking at the job posters.

"Now where do I need to work to get away from that Pink menace." The Donkey said, I walked up next to the Donkey.

"I do believe Hayburger is the right place to work. It's far from Sugarcube Corner, where said Pink menace works at." I suggested it to the Donkey.

"Huh? You know that crazy mare?" The Donkey asked me.

"I have experiences with her, yes. But what I suggest is that you do average there, not good, not bad. If you do too good, word would get around town. If you do too bad, you will get fired." I spoke in a matter-of-fact manner.

"Well, thanks for the help. My name is Cranky Doodle." Cranky stuck his hand out, I then took it.

"My name is Hit, it is a pleasure to meet you. Let me show you the way to Hayburger." I said, walking with Cranky. "I won't guarantee that you'll be safe forever, but for some time." I then open the door to the exit and we walk out the back. As we did, I decided to make conversation. "So what made you come to this not-so-average town?" I asked the Donkey.

"Well, it's a long story. There was once a Donkey that I loved, she loved me back. But suddenly she… Vanished." Cranky said solemnly, I looked down at him with sympathy. "Since then I've looked everywhere for her, from Manehatten to Las Pegasus. Then I gave up and came to retire here."

"Hm, maybe someone here knows about your love's location. Have you been here before?" I asked the Donkey.

"No," Cranky replied.

"Who knows, maybe she's here," I said with a shrug.

"Oh, I doubt that," Cranky said with a chuckle, I looked at him before submitting and nodding. As we approached Hayburger, I looked behind me, making sure Pinkie Pie wasn't there. I then opened the door for him and he went in, when he did so we walked up to the counter.

"Are you here to order something?" The Cashier asked us, I turned to Cranky.

"No, I'm here to apply for a job here. As a Janitor." Cranky said, the Cashier opened his eyes wide.

"A Janitor eh? Go to the Manager's office in the back. Are you applying as well?" The Cashier looked at me.

"No, I am simply helping a Donkey out," I replied, the Cashier nodded.

"Alright, do you want something here?" I looked above and my eyes were glued on the Vanilla Shake, I love those things.

"Vanilla Shake please, that is all," I told the Cashier my order.

"Righty right-o! Vanilla Shake please!" The Cashier called out. "This one is on the house, for helping somepony get a job here."

"I appreciate it." I then did a short bow to the Cashier. Eventually, a Vanilla Shake appeared and I took it. "Thank you."

"No problem-o!" The Cashier replied with a grin, I blinked and slowly scooted away. Cranky walked out of the Manager's office.

"I got the job," Cranky said with a thumb's up, I gave him a thumb's up in return.

"Congratulations Cranky Doodle.” I replied, “Are we… Friends now?” Cranky Doodle tilted his head.

“I think you can say we are, why do you ask?” Cranky Doodle inquired, I took a sip of my Vanilla Shake before speaking.

“Well, the Princess tasked me to make one hundred friends, so that’s why I asked. But I am proud to call you a friend, you’re a nice guy.” I told Cranky Doodle, Cranky Doodle looks at me with sympathy.

“Hm, well good luck on your endeavor.” Cranky Doodle said, I nodded and headed for the door before I looked back at him. I thought about helping him another time but he would help me back, and I don’t want that. I face forward and open the door, I then begin to head towards Golden Oaks Library, hopefully, Cranky Doodle gets reunited with his beloved.

When I got inside Golden Oaks Library I then sighed, today had been a long day, though I had just woken up and met up with Cranky Doodle, it was exerting for me. I had not had much Social interaction in hundreds of years, only talking to clients and on occasion, targets. I then walked towards my mattress on a bed in the closet and jumped onto it. I then sighed in pleasure as I rubbed my face against the bed. “Ah… There is nothing like laying in bed after a long day of social interaction…” As I closed my eyes I paused.

“I feel a disturbance in the Schwartz…” My eyes opened wide and I jumped from my bed, I kicked down my door and walked out. Spike looked at me with a confused look in his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked me, I simply glanced at him, he was unnerved by this. “Is there something wrong? Does your bed have bugs in them?”

“No, I feel a disturbance, like when I encountered Dillan.” I walked past Spike, Spike just blinked, trying to remember who Dillan is.

“Oh right, that guy who can shapeshift into anything! Dillan, you fought him, is someone in trouble?” Spike asked me as I headed out the door, I put my hand on the doorknob and I shook my head.

“Hm, I guess you could say that, but not in any fatal danger that may cost them their life.” I walked out of the library and headed towards where I felt the danger, Spike followed me as I made my way downtown. I then stopped and saw a house, Pinkie Pie was outside. “Oh.”

“Oh, what?” Spike asked, standing beside me, I then hid behind a tree, Spike began to sweat and hid behind the tree with me. “What’s going on? Is there a monster, are you being followed, or is another hitman there wanting to kill you?!”

“Spike you’re overreacting, just stay behind me,” I said to the drake, Spike nodded and kept silent.

“Cranky? It's me again. I understand that you don't wanna be my friend or accept my apology... Before I leave you alone forever, I have something to at least try to make up for ruining your book.” Pinkie Pie said, looking at the door.

“No, I don't want it, kid! Anything you would give me is sure to lead to some sort of disaster!” Cranky said, from inside his home.

“Goodness, you really are cranky.” I averted my gaze from the house and looked over to a female Donkey, Spike looked at the female Donkey too.

“That’s Matilda,” Spike said in a whisper, I looked back at him, I didn’t know that there were Donkeys in a town like this.

I hear the sound of metal hitting wood, Cranky then opens the door. “It can't be... Is it really you?” Cranky asked, looking at Matilda, I then smirked and turned around, I began to walk away.

“Where are you going? Aren’t you going to watch?” Spike asked me, I didn’t bother to face him as I kept strutting on.

“I don’t need to watch to see what will happen next, Cranky will finally live a peaceful life with Matilda. Come on Spike, it’s rude to watch.” Spike then followed me, running up to my side and we both walked to the sunset back to Ponyville. “Now, let’s get you in that school shall we?”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the hold-up, I've been focussing on Against All Odds.