• Published 6th Apr 2021
  • 223 Views, 5 Comments

11 - Thunder--Dash



Scootaloo has one deep desire...and that is to spread her wings and fly...but what will it cost for this wish to be granted?

  • ...
 5
 223

The Leap of Faith

The next day, we woke up at dawn. The glorious sun rose. Because I lived in a sort of mountain area, the sunrise was always a spectacular sight. I took Scootaloo up to the balcony and we watched the sunrise together. Scootaloo was sort of cuddled on my lap.

"I never get tired of that beautiful sunrise." I said.

"It's glorious no matter if it's earth or Equestria..." Scootaloo said as she cuddled me more.

"Ready for breakfast?" I asked.

"Yep." Scootaloo said.

"Make sure you don't eat too much." I replied.

"I know." Scootaloo answered as we re-entered my house. We had a nice little breakfast, then headed out to the peaks. Driving the mountain roads was different in the daytime. We actually passed where we saw the 11 mile road. It was now replaced by trees.

"Hey! That's where we went to take the road last night." Scootaloo said with a smile.

"Wow! I'm surprised you remember that." I stated as I continued to drive up the mountains.

"Now, base jumpers and wingsuit flyers use this as a jumping area. There's a place where they could rent out parachutes. Would you like to get one just in case?" I asked.

"Certainly not!" Scootaloo said looking at me. Her wings jittered again.

"Okay then..." I stated as I kept driving. We passed the parachute shack and continued up the mountain road. We soon arrived at a clearing. There was a parking lot. "We could park here and take the lift up to the peak. If we keep going, we would have to park and hike." I said.

"Let's take the lift." Scootaloo said.

"Alright then." I stated as I turned into the parking lot. I parked the car and got out. I stretched my legs. Scootaloo stretched out, spreading her wings. The feathers blew in the gentle breeze. I took Scootaloo's hand, and held it, leading her to the lift. Scootaloo had that eager look on her face. A few wingsuiters could be seen already in suit headed towards the lifts. We walked up to the building, and signed the waiver forms.

"Well, this is it Scootaloo. After all that we went through last night...it's time." I said.

"I can't wait." Scootaloo replied with a big smile on her face. We entered the lift car, and it departed the station after a few more minutes of waiting.

Ten minutes later, we were at the peaks. Groups of jumpers and wingsuiters could be seen getting ready to either take their jumps or flights. Spectators were also present.

"Well here we are." I said looking at Scootaloo in the eye.

"Yea, it's quite overwhelming honestly." Scootaloo replied looking back at me. A group of base jumpers took their leap and could be heard screaming with giddy pleasure. Scootaloo spread her wings with a determined look on her face.

Finally, a platform was available. Scootaloo's heart was pounding and so was mine. Scootaloo nervously stepped to the platform and closed her eyes.

"You got this Scootaloo." I cheered. Scootaloo took a deep breath and and out. She looked down to see some base jumpers with their parachutes out. There was also a couple wingsuiters gliding around. Some people became a little curious and watched. Scootaloo took two steps back and licked her chops.

With a running start, Scootaloo took a leap into the air. Down down down she went. I had a worried look on my face.

"Come on...come on..." I said to myself as I looked at Scootaloo.

With one mighty flap of her wings...Scootaloo swooped back up again spreading her arms out wide. She made a wide graceful turn.

"Yea!" I cheered with a leap in the air.

"Wooohooo!" Scootaloo bellowed as she soared in the air for the very first time. It was true. The legend of the 11 mile road was absolutely true. Scootaloo flew towards me with her arms spread out wide. I braced for a glomp and indeed, Scootaloo came in with a flying hug. She hugged me tightly, like her life depended on it. I could feel the emotion as I hugged her back. Scootaloo started to sob tears of joy.

"I-I c-can't b-believe I-I can fly now..." Scootaloo said amidst her sobbing. I continued to hold the hug. "It was your bravery and determination that made your wish come true." I said.

Suddenly...there was a piercing white light. Time seemed like it froze. I broke the hug and turned back, shielding my eyes...