• Published 6th Apr 2021
  • 223 Views, 5 Comments

11 - Thunder--Dash



Scootaloo has one deep desire...and that is to spread her wings and fly...but what will it cost for this wish to be granted?

  • ...
 5
 223

So It Begins (Finding The Road)

The sun had set. The stars started to illuminate the sky. This was it. Everything that we had read about this journey...all that we had learned came to this very moment...the real test was upon us. We read it, now it was time to do it. I tossed the keys to Scootaloo. She caught them with a determined smile on her face. We got in the second of my cars, my 2015 Ford Focus RS. It was a sporty hatchback, perfect for navigating winding turns and quite nimble.

"Alright, now let's go on and find that road." I stated as I waited for Scootaloo to start the car. She turned the key and the engine started with a roar. I had modified my Focus to give it that sportier feel, almost like a rally car. Scootaloo backed out of my driveway and onto the neighborhood road.

"Man this car actually feels really good. I feel more confident than I did earlier. Thanks for helping me through reading through that whole thing. I know it's going to be tough, but I-I'm so glad you're with me." Scootaloo stated.

"Well as they say, reading about something, and then actually doing it are two very different experiences. You may sometimes hear someone say "I've lived it." This simply means that they have gone through the experience." I explained.

"True...honestly, I feel like I'd wuss out right away if I discovered that I absolutely had to go alone on this journey. Maybe it was because of those scary stories Rainbow told me on the camping trip long ago..." Scootaloo said with a slight shudder.

"Scary stories around the campfire can be hard to deal with. You just have to tell yourself that to not focus too hard on the details. That's the one reason why people start working themselves up. Their mind pays attention to every single detail..." I stated. Suddenly, what seemed like a light shined up ahead. This wasn't just any light. It was a light that only we could see. Scootaloo gasped.

"There it is!" She cheered. She slowed down...and made the right turn onto the road...this was it. The time was now. With her heart set on her wish...Scootaloo was about to embark on one of the most incredible and trying journeys of her life...