• Published 30th Apr 2021
  • 1,840 Views, 18 Comments

Rising: Return Of A Phoenix Mare. - Neutral Boy



Many years after her death in Africa from a scout mission, Sunset Shimmer is given a chance to live in order to stop her former home land and end this bloodshed war before another threat arises. NegotiationsVerse AU.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,840

Prologue: Revival of a victim's death.

Many years ago, before Equestria made landfall on Earth, a terrifying discovery arises.

The alicorn ruler of her pony subjects, Princess Celestia, discovered it during Nightmare Moon's imprisonment.

If this discovery isn't resolved soon, then all of Equestria and sentient life would be gone forever.

In response to prevent it from coming true, Princess Celestia needed to make some drastic plans.

Something in the future that can save her beloved ponies against this crisis.

Which is why she hired any available staff & scientists for any solutions to help her out.

What Princess Celestia doesn't know is that this would lead her to a dangerous dark time road ahead.

Ones where her own decisions and actions cannot hope to stop it or take them back.


Upon finding the notes of Starswirl the Bearded, Celestia obtained the knowledge of Crossing Dimensions.

Worlds of different planets filled with many different species than her pony race.

Some look very peaceful, others seem a bit more hostile, and many weren't a good place to arrive in or visit.

So she sent in some of her soldiers to scout in each worlds, only she received negative results.

All of them either went missing in action, didn't survive the physical laws of those universes, or perhaps they were killed by unknown powerful creatures that they didn't even stand a chance against.

Despite the losses of her soldiers and many family ponies leaving her lands since they lost trust in her "questionable" rulings, Celestia hasn't given up on searching a perfection planet for the pony survival.

Many days, weeks, and months passed as she didn't find a suitable world.

Until one night, she has possibly found the right one.

A few days later, Princess Celestia has given her protégé student, Sunset Shimmer, a task mission to go in the portal world and scout the area to see if the place is right on setting up for another town or city.

At first Sunset didn't think it was a good idea, but her mentor has reassured her that this secret mission is important for the pony race and to extend Harmony across many lands should they accept the offer of friendship.

Begrudgingly, Sunset accepts the mission, though in her head she has some doubts and suspicion.

So she goes to gear up for traveling in the wilds and stock up on potions in case she needs an escape plan.

After grabbing everything to take in, Sunset glances to her mentor before jumping into the portal.


On the other side of the portal, Sunset has made it through and saw no signs of sentient life yet.

The only thing she sees is a strange jungle filled with some harmless wild life & insects.

Taking the first steps to this world, Sunset walks around while taking notes of these interesting life.

In each ones, she writes down every insects, mammals, fish, snakes, monkeys, birds, and many life that weren't discovered in her world yet. Except for some who were documented in the Canterlot library.

She also wrote in her notes of seeing a few beautiful sceneries of waterfalls and animals in groups being very peaceful of eating, but a few getting chased by predators looking for meats of fresh livestock.

Shuddering on a couple downed animals eaten by them, she quickly walked away from the nature scene.

From walking further around, Sunset did wonder on where exactly are the sentient docile intelligence.

Maybe they have died off a long time ago? If they left anything behind? Any village, town, or city left?

So many questions in her head, but just ignore them for now as she needed to finish up.

Hours have passed and she got everything down in her notes while she waits for the portal to open.

Although, what Sunset doesn't know is that she's being watched for some time.

When the portal opens again, Princess Celestia sees her student still in one piece and sighed in relief.

Sunset told her mentor that she has everything wrote down and ready to head back to give her the news.

Unaware that neither of them didn't realize the next few moments of horror.

As Sunset takes a few steps upon coming on closer to the portal, time has seem to stop.

Her mentor's eyes widen of seeing a spear piercing through her student's front left leg. Sunset felt the pain and cried in agony. She looked around to see who threw the spearing, only she felt a sudden fear on seeing more than 30 native humanoid evolved monkeys appearing out of the jungle.

Sunset notices a few more spears thrown and barely manages to dodge them.

Teleporting away with her magic, she bucked a few natives out and uses her potions for a smokescreen escape.

Despite managing to knock each of them while trying to heal up her leg, there's too many of the native to deal with and her notes where being torn up by them. She needed to escape and head back to the portal now.

Having to use the last potions to stun the natives, she made a break for it and head to the portal.

However, she was so close as another spear throws at her hips and one close to her heart.

Sunset's body fell as blood drips out of her mouth. She had trouble breathing as she slowly crawls over to the portal, but felt another pain when a native's feet steps on her body.

Her eyes look to see the spear pointing at her as the vision is fading.

The last thing she heard before everything went blank is her mentor calling out to her.


[Unknown years later. . .]

Darkness. Endless darkness. Sunset's soul didn't know on how she slept in pitch black of nothingness.

". . . . . .se."

She heard a faint sound, but doesn't know on where it's at.

"Rise and shine Ms. Sunset Shimmer. Rise and shine. . ."

The sounding voice she hears is growing louder.

"Wake up Ms. Sunset, wake up and smell the ashes."

A voice grows louder and she stirs of wanting to go to sleep more.

"Oh for the love of inter conflicts-WAKE UP YOU STUPID BACON MARE!!!"

Hearing a sudden loud voice, Sunset gasps in awake and looks around, only the area's mostly dark.

She has tried to move her body, but yet for some reason it's very hard to move.

"W-W-Wh-. . .ere am I. . . . . . w-why c-c*cough* *cough*can't I. . . ."

"Easy there, don't talk too much. Sorry if I woke you up, but lie still and save your strength, okay?"

Her head slowly moves to see who this mysterious unknown voice is talking to her.

Then her eyes were focused on a figure merely not far from her merely waving a hand.

"Good evening Ms. Shimmer. If you must know, you're in the deepest depths of Tartarus. Don't worry though, I'm not here to harm you in any way. I only came here to have a one-on-one talk with you."

Sunset coughed a bit, but calms down and wonders on who this person is and why is she here.

"W-W-Who are. . ."

"Wondering on who I am? Well, I don't get any visitors since then, but I can introduce myself. Some sentients say that I'm a strange wanderer, others like most foolish soldiers fear in calling me a slithering mercenary killer. Few however who came across me and lived, called me a silent death walker. Anyways, my name is Culver the 5th."

"Cul. . . . v-ver. . . W-Why *cough* a-am I. . ."

Culver knows her question and sighs looking down.

"Here in Tartarus? I hate it to break it to you, but years ago, a native clan ambushed and killed you."

Sunset paused at this sudden news, but her memories did register of the pain she felt.

"I r-rem. . . . ber I was am-ambush. . . . . a-and my h-home & m-ment. . ."

"You remember back then and wanted to know on what happen after your death. That however, is very difficult to explain. Given after you died for over 100 years and many changes have passed, especially the darkest time of a bloodshed war."

Sunset's eyes slowly widen of this informational shocking news to her.

"Y-Y-Years?. . . . W-War?"

"Sadly yes, I'm afraid your old home is no longer on what it use to be. The harmony lands that you remember back when you were still alive is now a depressing chaotic war grounds. Many pony kind and evolved intelligent humanoid monkey race have battled and died, including humans converted into mindless newfoals of ponies. The one who started this war was none other than your former mentor, Princess Celestia."

Sunset's mind froze from hearing it. Her home gone? Ponies dying in battle? Conversion? Her own mentor started this? Why cause many chaos of endless blood of slain innocents? Why in Harmony would Princess Celestia do this? What was going on after her death?

"I know you must have many questions and I'll get to them shortly. Before I do that, I need you to focus for once Sunset cause this history information I'm about to give you will decide on what happens next after that."

Both of Culver's hands channel a red glowing magic to create a big image circle.

When that was done, the big circle shows a image space of a ruined planet with no sun or moon.

"This all started before your death, the destruction of a peaceful planet, and all the way to the Conversion War."


[Meanwhile. . .]

A group of human soldiers has met up with a unicorn who's tending to the wounded humans & ponies.

"Commander Lyra Heartstrings, names Sergeant Xavier Baker of Bravo team."

"At ease Sergeant, what did you come here for?"

"Our intel has found something and they need you to be brought in."

"Can it wait a bit longer? I'm in the middle of patching up medicine for the patients."

"Sorry ma'am, but we have our orders. They need you at once and it's very important for you to look at."

"(sigh). . . Alright, this better be important. Give me a minute to have someone take over the wounded."

"Understood."

Author's Note:

It's-a-mah-birthday-today!

A while ago, I read up a story of Negotiations. In one of the conversations, Celestia mentions of another student before Twilight named Sunset Shimmer. It took me some time, but I text chat a little bit and I got a permission go from Rated Ponystar to start it off.

Anyways, leave a comment down on what do you think and I'll see ya later!