• Published 8th Apr 2021
  • 777 Views, 21 Comments

The Young Nightmare - TimeLordStudios



A filly resembling Nightmare Moon is found in the castle of the two sisters.

  • ...
3
 21
 777

Chapter 6: The Problem

Author's Note:

As suggested by one of my viewers, I added Luna into the mix early. I hope I implemented it correctly. Let me now if you notice any errors. And leave your suggestions down below. They may find there way into the story.

"Now that I am situated in my new cell, I am ready for the second wave of questions." I said as fell on to the bed roll provided. Letting out a pained grunt as usual, but this time it felt different... "Isn't that the reason for your visit? To ask me more questions? That is the only reason I'm still alive after all." I said as they failed to respond the first time.

Twilight looked to Starlight for confirmation before speaking. "...No, we are here to apologize for attacking you, without trying diplomacy. We judged you based on who you looked like, instead of how you acted. We are now willing to try to get to know you, the real you."

"So that is how it is then?" I said with rising anger. "You came to ask for forgiveness? What a load of bull! The only act of forgiveness you can give me, is to end my life. Only in death will I finally forgive you." I winced in pain after speaking. Feeling a sharp pain in my chest, but they didn't seem to notice.

"There has to be something else we can do, anything?" She begged hoping to find away to gain my forgiveness and trust.

"You could add a couple links to my chains, so I can at least get up on my own. You could take it upon yourselves to fix what you broke, of my body and my mind. There are a lot of things you can do to make things better for me, but gaining my forgiveness is not one of them." I say as I notice Starlight hiding behind Twilight.
"Starlight you seem to like hiding behind Twilight all of the sudden. What happened to you, do I frighten you? Do you still honestly believe that I am out to get you." I say as the pain starts to become unbearable, but for some reason I refused to let my pain show.

"No... no I do not, if anything I fear myself more than ever. I fear owning up to my actions."

"Why? it must feel good being able to get off scot free, just because your buddies with the Princesses. Chances are, you'll end up with a slap on the hoof at most. While I sit in a, albeit more comfortable cell for the foreseeable future. If you came here searching for forgiveness then why am I in a cell, and your not. I am not the one who attacked anypony. I am the victim. If you are really sorry, you'd leave me in the ruins you found me in." At this point I starting coughing lightly. The taste of blood present in my mouth.

You know we can't do that-"

"Why not? It was where I was found, it is where I belong. If I die in those woods then I'll die in peace. It is hard to explain but I feel as if I'm connected to it. *cough cough*" I say as I start coughing harder, Blood dripping from my mouth. I felt cold, like death himself was laying on top of me, freezing me to death.

"Are you alright? Your coughing up blood." She said worryingly, as she looked to celestia for advice.

"Yeah I'm fine *cough cough* it is not like you cared about my health beforehoof." I starting coughing harder and harder. Blood now pouring from my mouth.

"We need to get her to the hospital now!" I heard one of them say before I passed out.


Canterlot Royal Hospital

Doctor Gentle Hooves, how much do you like your job and what is you job?" Celestia asked. The doctor quickly noted that she looked worried and pained. But for who? it didn't matter. he would help her no matter what.

"My job is to help all creatures in their medical needs. Why do you ask princess?" He said quickly with pride.

"Would you help them, even if they look like Nightmare Moon? I have a filly in a serous condition but nopony else will treat her, because of who she looks like... In case it matters she is an alicorn."

After a moment of hesitation he said. "Bring her in I will do what I can."

"Thank you Doctor Gentle Hooves, if you can save her you will be rewarded."


Waiting Room

"Celestia what do you think of her? Do you really think she is The Nightmare? Or is she something else?"

"I believe that she is Nightmare Moon. Or at least what is left of her, after she was hit by the elements.
I believe that the elements are responsible for her appearance.
It must of wiped her memory and gave her another chance at live, but that is only a theory I have. The truth could be completely different."

"That is a possibility though, What do you think the chances are, of Luna finding her in the dream realm?"

"Not likely, she governs over countless dreams it would be like finding a needle in a haystack."

"Yes but usually, she only visits those that are having a nightmare. And we know that the chances of her having a nightmare is pretty high, given what has happened to her. I fear it is only a matter of time till Luna finds her."

"You do have a point there Twilight."


{dream realm}

"Where am I? Am I dead? Is this death?" I say as I floated around in the starry void, With no direction in mind.
"No I am still alive, if I was dead I wouldn't be able to feel anything. But I still feel pain," I say as I pinched myself. "I must of finally entered a deep sleep." I say as I continued floating aimlessly.
"They must have me in a drug induced sleep, if I weren't my stress would of insured that any sleep I would get, would be restless." I said as I tried recalling what has happened to me.
"Wait, what is happening?" I ask as the landscape changes around me matching what I was trying to remember... but somehow seeing from an outside perspective.
"This is weird, but cool at the same time." I say as I replay my memories trying to find something I could use to identify myself. "Why can't I remember anything before waking up in the castle? Was I placed there by something, what is my purpose?"
I asked myself, as I continued to loop through my memories. My anger, growing each time I watched myself getting beaten half to death, over and over again I watched. But that anger soon turned into sorrow and fear, as I got more and more drawn into it. No longer able to discern if it was a dream or reality... I was the one being attacked now not my dream double.

"Somepony help me!" I cried out as I ran from the dream Starlight. Reaching the same dead end each time I went through it. I waited for her to attack me but it never came.

"It is ok young one, it is only a dream. You have nothing to be afraid of." I heard a voice say in front of me. as a tall black figure walked towards me.