• Published 8th Apr 2021
  • 776 Views, 21 Comments

The Young Nightmare - TimeLordStudios



A filly resembling Nightmare Moon is found in the castle of the two sisters.

  • ...
3
 21
 776

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Author's Note:

All criticism is appreciated hold nothing back. as per usual I may come back and tweak a few things in the chapters to improve them.

"It is over, Nightmare Moon! Now with the power of the final element of harmony, we shall defeat you... again!" Twilight called out, the power of harmony surging around her, as she channeled it through her element.

"No! You shall never defeat me, again! The night shall last forever!" Nightmare Moon called out, defiantly charging her horn with a spell she hoped would counter the elements.

"What? No this can't be happening! I Nightmare Moon can not lose, not to the likes of you! Not again!" She yelled as her beam of magic was being pushed back. She desperately poured more and more of her magic into the spell but to no avail. "No NO NO! I will return and when I do I'll destroy you all!" She cursed and screamed as the magic overtook her enveloping her in a cocoon of light.

"Save your breath, Nightmare Moon. There is no way you're gonna weasel your way out of this one. Not this time," Twilight called out as the cocoon imprisoning's Nightmare Moon vanished in a flash of light.

"Hoo wee, did we do it Twi?" Applejack asked worriedly. "Is there a chance she can reappear just like she did this time? Or is she gone for good? I mean she returned without needing Princess Luna's body as a vessel for Petes sake."

"One can hope Applejack, I mean how many times are we going to travel to the Castle Of The Two Sisters, to fight the same villain?" Replied Rarity as she checked the tapestry for any damages. "How many battles can this poor place take? It is hardly standing as it is."

"That isn't even the worst part. She even removed the source of our Rainbow Power. I mean what is the point of the Rainbow Power, if it vanishes the moment elements are removed from the tree. That is so not cool." Replied Rainbow Dash. " I mean how are we suppose to protect Equestria, if we also have to babysit the tree to ensure no one steals the elements to take away our powers."

"I'll speak to Celestia about getting some guard's stationed by the tree to prevent that from happening but for now lets head back to Ponyville to celebrate our second victory against Nightmare Moon." Twilight said already planning the letter out in her head.

"Lets party!" Pinkie cried out with confetti flying everywhere.

"Lets get back to Ponyville before we celebrate Pinkie."

"Oh alright I just can't wait to plan the how did Nightmare Moon return party and we defeated Nightmare Moon again party and the-"

"We get it Pinkie, we have a lot to look forward to when we get back." Twilight responded eager to report her victory To the Princesses.

"Umm I agree with Twilight on this one we should get out of the Everfree before the monsters come back out of hiding." Fluttershy said meekly.

"Alright lets go then." Rainbow responded flying out of the castle the others followed suit.


{?????} first person
Castle Of The Two Sisters

"What... who... where am I? what am I doing here I don't remember anything. So why does thing place feel so familiar. like I belong here." I say as I gather my bearings, taking in the scenery.
"Why is this place so damaged, did a battle occur here? Am I the only survivor?" Many questions floated around in my head but no answers to them. So I decided to risk it and explore the ruins to see if I could find any clues to what had happened here. Looking around I was able to locate a Throne room which showed signs of a recent battle but everything else looks like it has been untouched for centuries.

"Just who am I? Who ruled here?" I questioned myself as I continued to explore the castle. finding a bunch of emptily rooms filled with booby traps. "Just who in there right mind, booby traps their own castle this is outrageous." I yell out loud as the frustration of getting caught in yet another trap gets to me. "I'm glad that there not deadly at least, but seriously." I say as I once again look for my way out of the trap. Each one seems to have a puzzle that needs to be solved to escape but I can't find the puzzle in this one.
"Don't tell me I am actually stuck down here. There has to be a way out." I say as I rub my hoof against the wall searching for a clue when all of the sudden the way rotates and sends me flying in the other direction "That is one way to get out I guess. If I ever find the pony that build this damm thing I'll give them a peace of my mind." I say as I check my new surroundings.

"A library this is exactly what I've been looking for." I say as I went to read the books only to find that I could hardly understand them. "Well that's just great. All that time to find something useful, only to find out I apparently can not read." I say as I continue searching the library. As I continued to search through the books, the symbols suddenly started making sense.

"What? This is so weird. I wasn't able to read a moment ago, but now I am? Is it because I'm starting to remember more about myself?" I asked myself not expecting an answer. "What ever caused it I'm not going to complain." I said as I continued looking through the books in the library till the sun went down and I could no longer read the books. "Brrrrr it is so-so cold in here. I need to find a blanket or something, maybe I should of done that instead of reading till it was to dark to see." I said scolding myself for not plaining ahead. And as if it wanted to add to the list of problems my stomach growled as well.

"Just great I am hungry and I'm cold what else is there to worry about." I say as wolfs started howling in the distance.
"Me and my big mouth. It will be hard enough to fall asleep without worrying about being eaten in my sleep. World cut me some slack please, thank you." I say as I curl up in a ball on the most comfortable surface I could find and tried for sleep.