• Published 27th Mar 2021
  • 490 Views, 10 Comments

Starlight Helps Your Writers Block - DanielScratchAnimations



You are Anon, and are a published author who is currently experiencing a BAD case of writers block. Luckily for you, Starlight is here to help.

  • ...
5
 10
 490

Starlight Helps Your Writers Block

“UGH! Why can’t I think of anything!” You throw your hooves in the air, frustration clear in your voice as it travels out through your apartment.

You are Anon, you’ve been a writer for many years and have even published several different series about genres such as romance, Sci-fi, and even some erotica here and there. You lived in Ponyville for the past 7 years

However, as of late you’ve been feeling you want to start a new series but every time you get your quill to paper it's like any idea you have at the time doesn't make as much sense the more you write. You always end up with needing to throw out your little trash can filled with all the failed ideas you had.

“Anon, is everything okay sweetie? I’m positive the neighbors heard that outburst this time, and you know they already filed complaints with the Ponice.” You hear a familiar voice say, as she opens and walks into your writing room.

Starlight Glimmer is the Mare you recently started living with after 3 years of dating, 2 of which you tried to work up the nerve to ask her to move in until she had enough and one day she up and yells at you for not asking at all. You find yourself very lucky you survived that fight.... She’s also the Principle at Princess Twilights School of Friendship, it's a wonder why she fell in love with you of all ponies when she’s so amazing and has even saved Equestria with the help of her friends Trixie, Discord, and Thorax.

“Sorry Starry, I just can’t seem to write anything these last few days and my editor is expecting SOMETHING by the end of the month…” You sigh, apologetically looking towards the lilac mare as you fall on your back exasperated.

“It’s alright sweetie, I know you’ve been stressed out as of late” She chuckles, trotting and stopping to lower her head towards yours to give you a peck on the lips. “Hey, I don’t have anything to do today do you wanna go to the spa today?” She asks innocently, as you begin to cover your face in slight embarrassment.

This has been a running gag you two had ever since Starlight found you leaving the spa and found out that to relieve stress you go to the spa. This particular day you were extra stressed so you ended up staying for nearly 2 hours, and during those two hours Aloe one of your oldest friends that you’ve known since foalhood told Starlight all the treatments you take and let’s just say most of them are pretty ‘unique’ for a colt such as yourself who in high school was a star quarterback.

“Ugh....yes.” You admit, as you get up from your place on the floor.

“Come on Anon, you’ll figure it out sooner or later and I know that your editor isn’t that cold hearted. He’d give you an extension if you asked, now come on I invited Trixie to come along too so we can all have fun together.” She states, nuzzling you to pick up your chin.

This caused you to smile, she always knew what to say and it was always fun to hang out with Trixie. Sure you were a bit annoyed by her when she first came to Ponyville, and it took you a while to get used to her after the whole Alicorn Amulet business but after a while you both really got along and she even asks you to help write her stage dialogue every once in a while.

“That sounds amazing, let’s do it.” You state, making Starlight’s beautiful smile come to light as you both make your way to the spa.


“Trixie is telling you for the last time it’s not fake, The Great and Powerful Trixie never lies about such things!” She exclaims doing her best to hold back her laughter as you are all taking a relaxing massage.

It’s been about 30 minutes into the treatment and you already feel hundreds of times better, Trixie just finished a story about her trip to Canterlot where she claims that Prince Blueblood tried to hit on her on stage during a performance. He was apparently very drunk and started yelling about how he would take care of her and saying very inappropriate and sexist things. By the end of the story, most if not all the audience chased him out throwing all kinds of things at the spoiled brat of a prince.

“It’s not that we don’t believe you Trixie, it’s just hard to imagine ANY stallion trying...Ugh...any of those thing no matter how drunk they are.” Starlight laughed, grunting as Aloe was on a particular tender spot on her back.

Speaking of, all three masseuses couldn’t seem to stop their laughter either making them stop their work every so often as their laughter became too much. You can’t remember the last time you laughed so hard you cried.

“From what Rarity told me about her brief time with him at her first Grand Galloping Gala I believe it, still that was hilarious Trix.” You state, still chuckling slightly but slowly regaining your composure.

“So Anon, Starlight tells Trixie you have been having writing troubles. Care to share?” Trixie asks, kind of teasingly but also a bit of genuine curiosity.

“Ugh, don’t get me started I feel like when I was a rookie barely getting by with a few short stories. One second I have everything planned out ready to write, then as I write it makes less and less sense.” You complain, and you can probably guess from Aloe’s stopping suddenly that you caused her to worry.

“Believe Trixie, when she first started performing in Canterlot as a filly it was hard to pick and choose which amazing feats to choose when I enjoyed doing them all so much.” Trixie explained, causing you to look in her general direction as she spoke. “She almost quit performing because of that, but she realized later after asking one of her idols as a foul about how to deal with this problem and do you know what he told Trixie?”

“What did he say?” You ask, even though you knew she would’ve told you anyway.

“He asked Trixie ‘What’s your favorite trick and why?’, at first Trixie was confused but told him that Trixie’s favorite trick was to teleport behind the audience. I have always loved the look of amazement and awe I would get from seeing me pull it off at such a young age.” Trixie continued, you notice in the middle she stops talking in second person indicating that she’s serious. He told me ‘Then that’s what you do, magic isn’t what you think the audience will love it’s doing the tricks you love and seeing the reaction you want.’ It took me longer than I care to admit to understand, until I did a show. It was the first time I ever tried bringing fireworks and pyrokinetic spells into my act, and the reaction was more than I ever expected. I regained my confidence, and to this day I still do what I want rather than worry about what others want.”

You were speechless, thinking of it like that it made sense and you related to her more than you ever thought.

“Starlight tells Trixie you have a habit of wanting to write what you think others want, so let The Great and Powerful Trixie ask you something.” You see Trixie sit up and you do the same, looking her right in her eyes. “Do you like the stories you write?”

It takes you a minute to answer, you look and see both Aloe and Starlight are looking at you with worry. “I...I don’t know.” You answer honestly, looking back to Trixie causing her to smile knowingly.

“Then Anonymous my dear friend, what will you do?” Trixie asks.


You and Starlight are now at the nearby Hayburger joint, Trixie having said goodbye as she needed to go home and work on some paperwork for some students she’s counseling at The School of Friendship. For a while you don’t say much, you have barely even taken a bite of your hayfries which are your favorite as Starlight knows all too well as she steals a few from your side.

“Did you plan all that?” You ask, not in an accusatory way but you wanted to know.

“Yes, I’ve been worried about you and Trixie asked what was wrong. I told her and we planned this together in hopes to help you.” She gently states, nuzzling you as she scoots closer to you. “I know how much you love writing, and seeing you so frustrated with it and even at times avoiding it hurt me more than I thought I could be hurt.”

This makes you feel guilty, you never intended to make her worry so much. However, Starlight sees this and kisses you.

“Now don’t you go apologizing, I did this cause I wanted to and I wanted to see you smile again. It’s never a bother, and neither are you.” She sternly states, causing you to chuckle in embarrassment.

“Thanks Starry, that means a lot and I appreciate it more than I could ever put into words.” You say, lovingly kissing her on the tip of her muzzle which always made her giggle in the cutest manner. “When we get home I’ll start writing again, this time though I’ll be sure to write a story that I love.”

“Oh no you don’t, I took off work today to spend the day with my amazing Coltfriend and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. I still have a few things planned after lunch, I hear a new play is going to be performed at Ponyville town square and you know how much I love musicals!” She exclaimed excitedly, causing you to laugh and hold her close, ‘I love this mare’ crossing your mind as you do.

“Alright, tomorrow then. Now, let's eat!”

Author's Note:

I know it's been a while, Life hasn't been all that great and to be honest this story is a reflection of what I wish happened to me. I've been stressed with the Day to Day and writing like this was the LAST thing on my mind. Now that I've written this, it's like I'm alive again. The Son of Luna will continue soon, but I hope you all enjoy this little one shot I made for all you aspiring writers out there. I love you guys so much, and I will write more soon!

Comments ( 10 )
Comment posted by ChloeLamington deleted Mar 27th, 2021

All the cybersecurity issues and problems have been solved with the help of the right and fundamental parts in life. The change of the top essay writing has been incorporated for the successful use of the terms for the individuals.

Lovely wedding flower make lot of attraction. The tips leads for the motivation and in form of bouquet which liked by the people. These arrangements make lot of good touch for such flowers. The usage of Offshorededicated.net allow for good findings.

Using of software system help for making quality results in organization working. The use of such system allows people for making good results. This one is helpful for casio w800h 1av ideal and perfect accurate findings. Much good dissertation assistance work for the beneficial action.

This is pure leather shoes and these are just for snow falling interior designer brisbane but girls are use as a fashion. When I am going to buy college papers in snow fall then use this boots because this is comfortable to walk in snow fall.

Comment posted by Oscar Lewis deleted Apr 22nd, 2021

In case you drive everywhere, you ought to consider placing assets into a good estimated https://www.bamboobungalow.com.au/products/fruit-salad-umbrella that you can keep in the boot of your vehicle for those got short-between-showers minutes.

Different web hosting companies offer different hosting account features. However, there are certain features that are offered by most of the reputable web hosting companies offshore hosting today; and, these features are the ones that you should expect to be offered to you by the hosting company of your choice.

This is a short but cute story. As a bit of a Starlight Glimmer fan, I do love seeing fanfics about her, especially romance.
There two mistakes I've noticed but shouldn't be hard to change:

“He asked Trixie ‘What’s your favorite trick and why?’, at first Trixie was confused but told him that Trixie’s favorite trick was to teleport behind the audience. I have always loved the look of amazement and awe I would get from seeing me pull it off at such a young age.” Trixie continued, you notice in the middle she stops talking in second person indicating that she’s serious. "He told me ‘Then that’s what you do, magic isn’t what you think the audience will love it’s doing the tricks you love and seeing the reaction you want.’ It took me longer than I care to admit to understand, until I did a show. It was the first time I ever tried bringing fireworks and pyrokinetic spells into my act, and the reaction was more than I ever expected. I regained my confidence, and to this day I still do what I want rather than worry about what others want.”

In italics, after "serious", you seem to be missing an apostrophe.

“Believe Trixie, when she first started performing in Canterlot as a filly it was hard to pick and choose which amazing feats to choose when I enjoyed doing them all so much.” Trixie explained, causing you to look in her general direction as she spoke. “She almost quit performing because of that, but she realized later after asking one of her idols as a foul foal about how to deal with this problem and do you know what he told Trixie?”

You misspelled foal as foul.

I'll admit, I'm new to this, so sorry if this is kinda messy.

Anyhow, keep up the good work!

Read on to discover the immersive gameplay, captivating storyline, and thrilling encounters that make Hello Neighbor a must-play experience.

Login or register to comment