• Published 22nd Mar 2021
  • 810 Views, 14 Comments

A Passing Through Kamen Rider II: Ride the Wind - thunderclap



A year has passed since Dai-Shocker's invasion. Now, the tables have turned. Wyatt and his friends are preparing to take the fight right to them.

  • ...
5
 14
 810

The Liberation of Griffonstone Pt. 3

Wyatt kept punching at the pyramid holding him, making no headway. There wasn’t even a flicker on its surface that gave him hope that it was affected by his efforts. Taking a moment to breathe, he considered his options. Attacking the barrier clearly wasn’t the answer. Whether it was his hands, feet, sword or even the magic of UniSaPo, nothing seemed to affect his prison at all. Leaning against it, the barrier didn’t waver or bend.

Shadow stepped closer to Twilight, flexing his fingers. “Now then, shall we begin the trial?”

Twilight didn’t answer, gripping her gun tightly. With her winds swirling around her, she fired a hail of bullets, using her winds to increase their speeds.

Observing the bullets plinking off his body, Shadow hummed. “It would appear I’m immune to small arms fire.” Raising his right arm, Twilight’s bullets changed course, collecting in his palm. Flicking his wrist, he sent them back at her.

Summoning winds beneath her, Twilight sidestepped the wayward rounds. Switching out her Hurricane ring for the Flame Dragon, she tapped it to her Driver.

"Fine then, you have my attention," Twilight growled, the Flame Dragon armor solidifying.

Shadow whipped his tail, crouching low. “Excellent. Let us begin in earnest.” Propelling himself after her, fire erupted from his left hand.

Twilight made no move to avoid the attack, holding out her sword to intercept it. Using her magic, she gathered up the flames into a condensed orb. Rearing back, she used her blade like a bat to send the attack back at Shadow.

Crashing through the inferno, Shadow’s tail jabbed into Twilight's chest. Unable to pierce her armor, Shadow pivoted, flinging her into a building.

Swooping down, Gilda brought her hammer down on Shadow's head. A riotous clank rang out, Shadow’s helmet holding strong against the assault.

"Cute," Shadow said, chuckling as he grabbed Gilda by the wrist. With a quick flick, he slammed her against the ground.

“This... isn’t working.” Pushing herself up, Gilda cast her eyes at Twilight. “You got any good ideas?”

Pulling herself out of rubble, Twilight shook her head. "Nothing concrete. Wyatt had a good idea trying to counter the source of his power with harmony, but he's stuck in that pyramid."

Lowering into a crouch, Gilda focused her attention on Shadow. “Then we’ll break it.” Her legs tensed, paws digging into the ground. “Go!”

Pushing off, Gilda swung at his chest. A flap of her wing sent her above his retaliatory tail swipe. Dropping her hammer on the appendage, she produced her side arm. Squeezing the trigger, a thin beam of light lanced into Shadow’s helmet.

Twilight began to run, letting Gilda distract Shadow as she kept Wyatt's prison in her sights. Her mind raced, wondering how she could break the pyramid without harming its occupant.

Shield theorems and spell matrixes rushed through her thoughts. A shield's most common weakness was concentrated pressure on a singular point. Briefly lamenting her lack of a spear, Twilight settled on a kick.

Flipping her Driver so the hand was facing the other way, Twilight slipped on a new ring. Tapping it to her waist the belt called out, "Finale! Flame! Dragon!"

The belt made sure to harshly separate the syllables in dragon as a magic circle appeared beneath her feet. Jumping off the circle, flames taking the shape of a dragon sent her into the air. The flames settled around her leg, glowing white hot.

Wyatt grinned beneath his helmet, watching his girlfriend carefully. Inspiration hit him, grabbing a card from his case while tightening his grip on his sword. With a flick of his wrist, the card slotted into place.

Once he saw Twilight begin her descent, he pressed the handles inward. "Final Attack Ride: OOO's!"

His Medajalibur glowed, the sound of coins clanging against one another filling the pyramid." Swinging his arm, his slash landed the exact same moment Twilight's hoof made contact with the prison.

Shattering under the combined strain, Wyatt’s prison faded out of existence. Wyatt let the wings of his armor flare out before taking to the air.

"Hey Shadow! Your little trick could use some work!"

Gilda emitted a strangled squawk, desperately clawing at Shadow’s wrist. Heaving her into the ground, he stomped on her helmet. Forming a small crater, he left her unmorphed form at the bottom.

“It appears the locals aren’t quite as qualified as either of us thought.” Tail raised above him, Shadow laughed dryly. “Let us begin the real trials.”

Wyatt swooped down, turning to a pink blur as he utilized the power of the Pegasus medal. He stuck at Shadow, aiming for the artificial Greeed's throat. His momentum screeched to a halt, a red triangle taking the blow.

Wyatt kept swinging his sword, looking for an angle only for the red triangle to move and stop each of his blows. Using a wing, he covertly motioned for Twilight to get Gilda.

A quick application of the connect ring brought Gilda to Twilight’s arms. Her chest rose and fell at a steady pace, calming Twilight’s immediate fears. Another portal sent Gilda off to the Invincible’s infirmary.

Meanwhile, Shadow lashed out with his tail, Wyatt narrowly dodging by tilting his neck. Feinting with his sword, Wyatt slid a card into his belt.

"Attack Ride: Vine Trap!" Plants erupted beneath Shadow, racing up his body to strangle his limbs.

Shadow sheathed himself in fire. Creeping flames closed in on Wyatt, deepening to a bright blue.

Wyatt slotted in another card, feeling the heat of the approaching flames. "Attack Ride: Tornado!"

The wings of Wyatt's armor flapped, trapping the approaching flames in the whirling wind. Reversing, the flaming tornado barreled into Shadow, wreathing him in eerie blue light before disappearing into the conflagration.

Rubble shook, metal joining the whirlwind. Searing hot, the wayward material formed a wall. Propelled forward, it warped around Wyatt, encasing him in a burning white shell.

"Is there any power this guy doesn't have?" Wyatt grumbled, pivoting on a foot to kick at the rocky surface. "If he shoots rainbows from his fingers to create mini clones I'll rip my hair out."

“This is really not the time.” Twilight shifted to water, dousing the makeshift cage. Crouching low, she hoped to vanish into the billowing steam.

With the sudden cooling of the material, it was brittle enough for Wyatt's next kick to punch a hole in it. His damaged cage creaked, crunching inward on him. Cursing under his breath, Wyatt moved away from where the cage was enclosing in on him.

Shadow wielded Wyatt as a wrecking ball, crashing through stone and wood. The trapped rider bounced between sharp angles and jutting metal. Wyatt braced himself, doing his best to avoid letting his head bounce around too much. The last thing he needed was to nurse another concussion.

Growling, Twilight’s pupils sharpening into draconic slits. With a quick application of her Connect ring, she brought out the Drago Timer. Pulling the dial, the device rang out, “Set up!

Charging forward, Twilight cleaved into the metal entrapping Wyatt. “Get out!” she commanded.

Wyatt did as he was told, taking to the sky to get out of Shadow’s and more importantly, the raging kirincorn’s reach. Hitting the thumb on the timer, A blue magic circle appeared at Shadow’s side and a copy of Twilight emerged. The key difference being the blue coat and the spade shape to her helmet and pauldrons.

Blue Twilight’s blade sliced the tubes on Shadow’s right arm in twine. Fuel spewed forth, coating everything in a brackish film. Shadow roared in pain, attempting to backhand Blue Twilight only to fling more black fluid along the street.

Red Twilight seized the moment, flames dancing along her horn before her sword went alight. She slashed at the injured arm, fire shooting up the cut tubes.

Swirling winds blunted the resulting explosion, conjured by a green armored Twilight.

Wyatt almost stopped fighting as he let out a chuckle at the sight of Shadow being juggled by the three versions of his girlfriend. Not content to just watch, he came racing down and slammed a foot into Shadow's head.

Shadow’s tail plowed into Wyatt’s chest, forcing him to the ground. The final Twilight caught him, firing at the greeed’s helmet.

"Thanks, Twi," Wyatt managed, his vision still spinning. "Really getting tired of being his punching bag."

Reaching into his case, he pulled out a card with the name Black in bold letters. Slipping it into his belt his armor shifted. The armor was mostly black, brown muscle fibers visible in the places where it separated. Red and yellow striped bands were around his collarbone, wrists and ankles accented his form. On the left side of his chest was a symbol resembling a stylized S turned on its side with a dot resting above the end that pointed up.

“I think it’s time to show Scrooge the true meaning of Christmas.” Leaping into action, Wyatt threw a punch at Shadow’s helmet.

A sheet of metal interceded, crumpling around Wyatt’s fist. Grunting, Wyatt tore away the metal around his fist with his free hand. He had to consider his options. Letting his eyes dart around the battlefield, he decided on a course of action. Signaling to Twilight with a hand behind his back, he pivoted on a heel in an attempt to kick Shadow in the chest.

"Final Time! Dragon Four-Mation!"

The Four Twilight’s started to move in unison, Red sprouting a dragon head from her chest, Blue with a long dragon tail at the base of her back, Green had draconic wings overtake her feathered ones and Yellow had large dragon claws on her hands. Blue and Yellow moved first, flanking Shadow with Blue leaving a trail of frost in her tail’s wake and heavy pressure emanating from Yellow’s claws. Green strafed from above, buffeting the Greeed with razor sharp winds. Red came forward, Wyatt needing to jump out of the way as a gout of flames burst forth from the dragon head coming from her armor.

Shadow dug his heels in, weathering the elemental maelstrom. A pyramid shield flickered around him, brunting the damage. His damaged arm hung limp, cell medals streaming from his body.

“Alpha Squad, fall in!” A distorted stallion’s voice called out, several G3’s filing into the square. “Fan out and lay covering fire! I see one of you rush in trying to play hero, your armor’s going to one of the bugs!”

Wyatt swore, rounding on the squad. “Get out of here!”

The leader that had shouted nodded, a hand signal halting anyone before they could put fingers to triggers. “Roger sir, we’ll move to the next objective. Keep him occupied and we’ll start locating civilians.”

His order was countered by a string of bullets. A G3 opened fire on a squadmate, followed by another.

“I-I can’t control it!” the original G3 screamed, turning her weapon on Wyatt.

Wyatt grabbed the panicking mare by the wrist, her gun clattering to the cobblestones. Stepping in towards her, he tossed her out of the square and out of what he hoped was Shadow’s influence.

“While there are no strings on me, the same can’t be said for them.” Shadow tsked, his fingers weaving through the air.

Falling under Shadow’s sway, the remaining G3’s engaged the pair of riders.

“Twi, focus on Shadow, I’ll handle these guys!” Wyatt promised, grabbing the gun from another G3 and kicking him into a wall. Bullets pelted him, a dull ache forming across his body.

“I’ve already used up the timer.” Twilight pushed Wyatt behind her, brandishing two swords. “I don’t have much left. You take him.”

Nodding, Wyatt leapt at Shadow towards his limp arm. Shadow responded with a strike from his tail. Working on intuition, Wyatt grabbed the appendage before it could find his throat.

“I think it’s about time we had you fixed.” Wrapping his arms around Shadow’s tail, Wyatt pulled, jamming a leg against Shadow’s side.

A roar of pain escaped Shadow, his smug smirk having long fallen away. With a bit of effort, he raised his good hand and a sheet of metal wrapped around Wyatt's wrists in an attempt to force him away from his tail.

“Getting tired? Pull too many all nighters?” Wyatt taunted, his heel digging into Shadow’s body. Pulling out a card from his case, he slipped it inside his belt. "Let me put this fight to bed."

"Attack Ride: Rider Chop!" Red energy flared around Wyatt's right hand, settling into an aura. In one fluid motion, his hand sliced into and through the appendage.

The severed portion dissolved into coins, slipping from Wyatt’s grip. Reeling backwards, Shadow sweeped Wyatt off his feet with the remainder.

Tucking and rolling, Wyatt managed to avoid a stomp from the Greeed's foot. Rising to a low stance, he sized up his opponent. Standing up, he slotted in his final card. There were no jokes, no witty remarks, only total concentration.

Final Attack Ride: B-B-B-B-Black!” Red Energy encased Wyatt’s legs, glowing brightest at his feet. He leapt into the air, getting into the familiar pose as he streaked down like an arrow towards Shadow. The Greeed tried to swat the Rider out of the air with what remained of his tail. Wyatt’s fist plowed through in a spray of cell medals before finally reaching Shadow’s chest.

Shadow sputtered, his body undone. “It seems... your growth has outpaced my projections...” Laughing, he fell against Wyatt. “The great leader’s research has finally borne fruit.”

Wyatt quirked a brow at that last comment, before laying the former general onto the ground. “That’s what a year and a lot of motivation does.”

Smirking at Wyatt, Shadow reached out to touch Wyatt’s helmet. “You are a far superior specimen than her...” His body burst apart, leaving a pile of grey coins.

“What is it with villains playing the pronoun game when dying?” Wyatt grumbled, digging through the pile. If he was a betting Rider, then there were Core Medals in the heap.

“I softened him up for you.” Twilight put a hand on his back, eyes cast towards Shadow’s remains.

“For sure,” Wyatt agreed, giving her a thumb’s up. “Mind using the Connect ring on these? Pretty Sure Spike will appreciate these when he gets back. Plus, the Birth Driver chews through these like Pinkie does cupcakes.”

Twilight dismissed her armor, sliding her ring on. “I have enough left over for that. The G3’s are okay, if a bit frazzled.”

“People tend to not like having their autonomy stolen from them,” he offered, letting his own armor fade with a quick tug on his Driver. “I take it you got word that the griffon forces are subdued or surrendered?”

Nodding, Twilight suppressed a yawn. “Most of the city has been secured. Now we’re just doing clean up.”

“Head back to The Invincible, I can handle directing things from here,” he assured her, stretching his arms over his head. “I’ve still got gas in the tank. Plus, I can probably get Ninjor to share some footwork while I supervise the G3 squads.”

Embracing him, Twilight nuzzled his neck. “We really shouldn’t be here, Wyatt.”

“If there was any way to have done this peacefully, you know Celestia would’ve done it.” He let his arm rest over her shoulders. “I didn’t like playing raider any more than you did.”

“What are we even supposed to do now? Just... leave?” she asked, turning her eyes towards his.

“And deprive you a chance to make a checklist?” Wyatt joked, daring to give her a boop. “No way. We’re gonna organize and help the reconstruction of this place.”

If they want us here.” Twilight scrunched her muzzle. “We’re not forcing them to do anything.”

“Way to state the obvious,” Wyatt teased, smirking. “I thought that was my job and the smart comments were your wheelhouse?”

With a snort, Twilight shoved him away. “I’m going to check on Gilda and get some rest. Try not to break anything else, okay?”

“I make no promises!” Wyatt called back with a wave as she took to the sky. “You know things tend to blow up when I’m around!”


A pair of figures entered a building. A long bar dominated one wall with one minotaur tending it. The place was mostly empty with a few people scattered around nursing drinks. Outside, desert winds buffeted against the walls in a steady rhythm. Taking seats at the bar, the pair motioned for the bartender.

“What can I get ya?” the minotaur asked, already holding an empty beer stein.

“A beer for me and a virgin screwdriver for him,” The taller figure said, pulling back the hood of his cloak to reveal a green earth pony stallion.

“Don’t get many ponies around here.” Placing the drinks on the table, the bartender grunted. “That’ll be ten copper.”

“We get that a lot,” Star Dust replied, taking a drink as he dropped the money into the minotaur’s waiting hand. “Does this place serve food too? We’re awful tired of field rations.”

“Kitchen’s open,” the minotaur assured. “Whatcha wantin’?”

“I’ll take anything you got with hay and vegetables,” Star Dust said, sipping at his beer.

“And I’ll take anything that has fish or meat in it,” Spike chimed in, pulling back his own hood.

Eyes shifting from father to son, the barkeep grunted. “We got one salad eater and a meat nibbler!”

Spike chuckled at the term, taking a big gulp of his own drink. “Meat nibbler, gonna have to share that one with Wyatt.”

“Could’ve called us worse,” Star pointed out. “Doubt they have much fish here though.”

“I’ll take what I can get.” Spike shrugged, glancing around the bar from the corners of his eyes.

No one seemed to care about his presence, something he’d come to appreciate about the more seedy places in his wandering. “Plus, pretty sure he didn’t mean salad eater as an insult. Minotaurs are mostly herbivores. They get their protein from animal products if there’s literally nothing else around.”

“But of course. What was I thinking?”

“Hey, you went on for twenty minutes about proper scale care last week,” Spike retorted, giving his father a playful shove. “Me hitting you with random factoids is turnabout.”

Star chortled. “It’s not my fault no one taught you proper hygiene. It’s a miracle they aren’t brittle!”

Rolling his eyes, Spike reached for his pack. “Hey barkeep, do you mind if I unroll a map onto the bartop?”

“You paid. Ain’t my responsibility if it gets wet.”

“Thanks.” Spike spread the map out, letting his father get a good look at it. “Okay, so where are we again?”

Regarding the map, Star tapped near the bottom. “We’re here, at the southernmost border of Equestria. Once we pass the oasis here, we’re back home.” Tsking, he moved his finger to another spot. “Shame we didn’t make a stop in Somnambula. I’ve always wanted to visit.”

“That would’ve added almost a week to the journey,” Spike reminded him, tracing the detour with his claw. “Something we both agreed wasn’t something we wanted. Even if exploring a pyramid sounds fun.”

“A week wouldn’t have been so bad,” Star protested. “I want as much time together as possible.”

“You act like we’re gonna stop spending time together once we get back,” Spike retorted with a grin. “Things’ll just get busier. Besides, I’m sure Twilight has left a huge mess for me to clean up.”

A sudden clank jolted both of them, greeted by the smirking minotaur. “Food’s ready,” he informed, placing a plate of fish before Spike.

The two thanked the barkeep, tucking into their food with gusto. An objective part of Spike knew the food wasn’t anything special, but after so many died of dried out rations, it might as well have been a fire ruby.

“Can’t a father wish to spend more one-on-one time with his son?” Star asked, a pout etched on his features.

A soft smile crossed Spike’s lips and he patted his father’s shoulder. “Nothing wrong with that at all. But I’ve got responsibilities to keep up with.”

Patting Spike’s hand, Star Dust smiled wistfully. “Yes, I suppose you do, don’t you? Far more than you should really.”

Nodding, Spike returned to his meal. He couldn’t disagree with his father, gathering Core Medals wasn’t exactly as glamorous as comics made epic journeys out to be. Not that it was all bad. Besides getting to be an actual superhero his travels had allowed him to do something he never thought possible, bond with his birth father.
Of course, Night Light would always be his father. The stallion who raised him, taught him how to be brave... and look after a workaholic. They weren’t all that different, though he doubted Night Light could keep up with Star Dust’s occasional ramblings.

But maybe the same could be said for Star Dust if Night Light got into one of his moods talking about constellations and their stories. Picturing the two stallions boring each other managed to get a laugh out of the drake.

“What’s so funny?” Star Dust asked.

“Sorry, just pictured you and my other dad interacting.” Spike turned to flash the stallion a grin. “Something like mutually assured boredom.”

Clicking his tongue, Star scoffed. “How did I end up with such a hooligan for a son?”

“I’m my mother’s son,” Spike retorted. “She did tell off the Dragon Lord to his face after all.”

Dramatically clutching his chest, Star swooned. “Thou hast wounded me, mine son! Egads! A knife to mine heart ye have driven! Never shall I recover from this betrayal!”

His father’s ability to slip into archaic speech rivaled Luna’s. Probably even surpassing her. Of course it was easy, Spike reminded himself, it was his default way of speaking. It made him want to learn it himself. Star’s outburst gave him a glimpse into where his penchant for the dramatic came from. All this time he’d just assumed it was just Twilight’s freakouts rubbing off on him.

“You’ll be fine pops,” was Spike’s reply, plucking a tiny tomato from Star’s plate and popping it into his maw.

“Spoilsport.” Star put on a pout, pulling his plate further away from Spike.

“Protect your food better.” Spike grinned, taking a large bite of his fish.

Ignoring the comment, Star tapped at the map. “Back on topic, once we hit forest we change our heading from north to east. There’s a town where we’d be able to resupply.”

“Any place special?”

“I wouldn’t know,” Star answered, shrugging “Equestria changed a lot since the last time I was fully myself. The town’s called Suntouched Hollow.”

Spike chewed the last of his meal, tail swishing side to side. “Never heard of it.”

“Then it can be a surprise for both of us. Let’s just hope they have an inn this time.” Star shook his head, his features falling. “It always hurts having to make camp so close to civilization.”

Rolling up the map, Spike rose to his feet. “And let's hope you don’t insult the owner again.” Clapping Star on the back, he stepped out into the pleasant noon sun.

Star followed after him, bristling. “Excuse me, I still have no idea how I insulted the chap.”

In lieu of answering, Spike only gave his father a cheeky grin. The stallion playfully whacked his son behind the head before ruffling his spines as they continued their journey.


Applejack picked at the food in front of her, trying her best not to look miserable. She had no idea what a demi glaze was, but given the bitter smell wafting up from her plate, she didn’t want to find out. Glancing around the table, she almost went blind from the glint coming off all the jewelry in the room.

She looked like she belonged, in one of Rarity’s dresses. Her lessons in etiquette served her well, as much as she wished they didn’t. Sipping at her drink, she longed for a zap apple cider. Wine just wasn’t the same.

“So tell me Miss Applejack, where did you say you were from again?” A stallion asked.

Goldenrod was the name that came to her mind. He had dark golden fur with a tawny mane that had that short windswept feeling that was gaining traction among stallions. As much as she’d like to protest that a stallion shouldn’t fuss over his appearance so much, he wasn’t exactly hard on the eyes..

“Ponyville,” she responded. “Sweet Apple Acres specifically.” Swirling her glass in her hand, she took a sip. “Obviously we deal in mostly growing apples, but we do dabble in various animal products. Our most lucrative contract is with the Rich family and their businesses but we do also have several smaller contracts as well.”

She knew the game; talk about the bits and even how to pretty up that her pride and joy was a family farm at the end of the day. Out of the corner of her eye she saw her cousin, Kiwi Grove nodding in approval.

The mare’s fur matched her namesake with a black mane done in a cascade of curls with bits of green mixed throughout. Unlike AJ, the mare was thin as a post, keeping with her stated occupation as a model with the most meat on her settling at her flared hips.

“Fascinating.” Goldenrod leaned on his elbow. “And what brings a business mare like yourself to Trottingham?”

“Family of course,” Applejack said, a genuine smile crossing her lips. “I recently had the thought to go across Equestria to connect with close and distant relations alike, learn the family history to better expand the business. Something like drawing inspiration from the past for a stronger future.” While it wasn’t technically a lie, the words still left a sour taste in her mouth.

Humming in thought, Goldenrod smiled. “A truly inspired idea, Miss Applejack. Have your travels yielded fruit yet?”

Applejack suppressed a groan, ears twitching at the titters of polite laughter.

“Of course, even if that fruit is as simple as the seed of familial connection,” Applejack answered, turning to Kiwi. “This little trip even taught me an appreciation for the work that goes into modeling. My cousin Kiwi here has opened my eyes to the staggering amount of makeup that goes into making fur look natural under studio lighting.”

“Beauty is pain, dear cousin,” Kiwi agreed. “Someone has to suffer so others can look fabulous.”

“And suffer you do, I’m pretty sure your foundation weighed more than you did during yesterday’s shoot,” Applejack joked, putting on a polite smile towards her cousin instead of the ear-splitting grin she wanted.

“Plan on staying long?” Goldenrod asked, straightening his posture.

“I’m afraid not, as much as I trust my older brother to run things in my absence, I need to return home soon,” she answered, sipping the last of her wine. “Princess Twilight is going to be calling a meeting of the Elements as well as certain Guardians staff and my attendance is mandatory.”

That got their attention. Damn her honesty. She could’ve just said she had a business meeting. Now, all eyes were on her. Still, this could be easy to diffuse. She didn’t know the exact nature of the meeting, though she had some healthy guesses. If asked further she could give a vague answer about general updates and the like.

“It’ll be good to get home,” she continued, “Been away too long.”

“It will be sad to see you go, Cousin,” Kiwi said, helping to redirect the conversation. “Keep in touch. I tend to travel for shoots, but I’ll be sure to send you letters and let you know who’ll be forwarding my mail. If I’m near Canterlot, I might be persuaded to do some advertising for Sweet Apple Acres. Consider a homemade dessert from Grandmother my fee.”

Applejack smiled. “It’s a fee we’re happy to pay, Kiwi.”

Kiwi refilled their glasses from a bottle of champagne so they could settle their deal with a toast. But when Applejack went for her sip, she was greeted by the taste of sparkling cider. Chancing a glance at her cousin, Kiwi gave her a knowing wink.

Sparkling wasn’t her favorite... but she wasn’t one to be ungrateful. Winking back, she savored the liquid as it passed over her tongue.


Wyatt sat in his and Twilight’s quarters on The Invincible. The satisfaction of beating Shadow had faded and in its place was an odd hollowness. The dying man’s odd statements dug at his thoughts like a mad dog. In particular, the statement about a certain “her”.

Peering down at the driver in his hands, he traced his hands around the center ring. Somber had engineered his displacement... Had he done it before? Send some poor soul to another Equestria? The image of Somber tearing the device from someone's corpse sickened him.

Letting his driver fade from his hand, he turned to the window. He could only see a fluffy white expanse of cloud, but he knew that Ponyville and by extension what he’d come to know as home were down there and he was getting closer to them once more.

Comments ( 3 )

Finally! Good to see an update on this.

Spike and Star Dust are bonding, which is good.

And now a mystery appears!

The plot thickens.

AFTER 10,000 YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEARS, you have returned to this story!

Apologies for not getting to this sooner. I was busy.

Fights are still good, character banter's still great, and the plot thickens as we get a tease at Somber's other displacements, ooh boy!

Sorry I don't have much to say here, since this was pretty much just more of the past 2 chapters without that much new to talk about. (Not a bad thing, just not a lot to talk about).

I wonder what Wyatt's predecessor was like, but I assume you'll get into that at a later date.

Anyways, good chap, I look forward to the next one.

Login or register to comment