• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 726 Views, 9 Comments

Kingdom For a Horse - Waste Bin



Thorax wishes his kingdom would stop bugging him about his relationship status. There’s only one way this can end.

  • ...
1
 9
 726

Commercial Break

“I’m telling you, my drake.” The orange hoof brushed, brushed, brushed, and the gilded buttons on its sleeve sparkled in the sunrise. “You gotta have the royal look, and the mares will just fall before you.”

Spike, for his part, looked like he was about to die of boredom. “Uhhuh.”

The hoof moved over to the cufflinks, brushing away more invisible motes of dust. “Chicks always go for the royal ones.

Spike sighed. The only thing royal he was, was a pain in the bum. “Whatever you say, Sphincter.”

“That’s Count Sphincter!” The changeling held his head up high. “Don’t forget the title, it’s important!”

Spike groaned. Leave it to trusty old Spike to wonder aloud whether there was a changeling Blueblood. Then, forget to knock before entering once, and he now believed in Karma.

The town was tranquilly quiet. Most ponies were still in their comfy beds, or in rare cases, just getting up, and Spike was given zero chance to enjoy it. Entertaining a changeling dignitary had initially sounded intimidating, yet this particular dignitary didn't seem to need anypony to entertain him.

Something came running full tilt down the main road of Ponyville, sending up a cloud of dust. Spike sushed the Count, who was too busy monologuing to notice and hopped closer.

He was promptly flung on his back by the speed at which King Thorax passed him by, pursued by a rather deranged-looking changeling.

“My King, come back!”

“No!”

Spike opted to just lay on his back. He even ignored the Count, who’d stopped talking to himself long enough to look down on him.

“Told you so.”