• Published 11th Mar 2021
  • 4,093 Views, 129 Comments

Sun's Butler - Hydreigon_Omega



After fleeing from the holy knights of Liones, Escanor finds himself in a land of talking ponies and ends up scoring a job as Celestia's Personal Servant

  • ...
14
 129
 4,093

Chapter 7

Author's Note:

I FINALLY GOT THE CHAPTER DONE!
Sorry to anyone who thought this was dead, I am just a slow writer with to many Ideas and not time to write them out.

Celestia woke up in a white room with only the sound of her own breathing accompanying her as she slowly regained her senses. After a few moments of resting a little longer, Celestia tried to raise herself off of the bed, a massive wave of soreness struck her body preventing her from doing this.

“Sister, please don’t push yourself.” That was Luna’s voice,“You’re still recovering from what happened.”

After hearing Luna’s voice, Celestia began to take in her surroundings. She was in a hospital room, Celestia would have shot up out of bed in surprise, but her body was in too much pain to do that. With nothing much else to do, Celestia closed her eyes as she started to recall the events that had led her up to this point. But it wasn’t much later they shot open again once Celestia remembered someone important.

“Where is Escanor?” Celestia asked in a worried voice

“He is a few rooms down,” Luna said, “He said that he just wants to be left alone for now. Escanor hates himself now because of what he did to you.”

“Could you bring him here?” Celestia asked weakly, “I want to make sure he is okay.”

“Yes I will.” Luna said as she headed to the door, only to stop before opening it. “Sister, I want you to be honest with him, and yourself as well.”

Luna left the room leaving Celestia in a little confusion in what she meant. Celestia tried to think of what to say to comfort Escanor, but eventually her mind began wandering. Why did she do this? Escanor was her friend, but if she died, Luna probably would have been killed not much later. There were just so many flaws in her plan, so what drove her to take this risk?

“Princess,” Escanor entered the room, refusing to meet the princess’s gaze out of guilt, “I have no right to ask for your forgiveness after what I did to you. I understand if you hate me, or even if you want me dead, and I wait any punishment you have set out for me.”

Celestia could see Escanor was on the verge of crying, barely able to suppress the tears from running down his face. Even if Celestia hadn’t been royalty, Escanor still wouldn't have been able to look Celestia in the eyes with how much guilt was placed on his chest. Celestia saw many of his attempts to look her in the eyes, all of which failed to meet her in the eyes.

All of this made Celestia think about the question she had asked herself not too long ago, Why? At first she believed what had compelled her was their friendship. But she had so much responsibility on her shoulders that her actions would have been considered questionable at best, valuing the life of 1 individual over the safety of her entire nation. In the middle her self-reflection Celestia remembered what her sister had said, making her wonder if Luna knew more than she did.

“Escanor, I could never hate you.” Celestia said, “You saved Equestria, you defeated Discord, something that I couldn’t do. That is more than enough reason for me to do what I did, but that isn’t the reason why I did it. You mean so much to me, I haven’t felt this way about anypony in thousands of years.”

“Princess,” Escanor finally had enough strength to look Celestia in the eyes

“Escanor, no matter how you view yourself, please remember that I… love you.” Celestia said, finally being honest with herself, “I have lived thousands of years and there have been many suitors and consorts who were more concerned with the real me rather than my title. But you… You knew from your past experiences that if you did what you did then it was very likely you wouldn’t be allowed to come back to equestria out of fear of you. And in spite you were willing to sacrifice yourself to keep Equestria safe, to keep me safe. Even after all this, I would never be afraid of you, because you mean too much to me.”

“Princess,” Escanor said, “I don’t deserve your love.”

“Yes you do.” Celestia said, “I am not just saying empty words, nor I am saying these things just to make you feel better, everything I have said is the truth. My sister has told me what she saw in your dreams over the recent weeks, and it is clear that you share the same feelings I do. Even if making sure you are safe upsets the entirety of Equestria, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I knew that I had gave up on you without a fight. You are irreplaceable to me.”

Escanor collapsed down in tears on Celestia’s bedside, there isn’t any way to describe just how much relief and joy Escanor felt when heard those words. Celestia looked up at the ceiling, and let out a single tear of happiness. If Luna hadn’t been here to nudge her in the right direction, Celestia wondered what the outcome would’ve been. No matter what the outcome would've been, this marked a new period in Celestia's long life and in Equesria.


Meanwhile at Chrysalis’s changeling hive, she waited for her drone to report back with his scouting duties. Emerging out of the darkness, a single changeling drone made his appearance known with a bow after he had approached the throne.

“You may speak.” Chrysalis spoke authoritatively

“I have seen many things my queen, and you will be happy with what I found.” The changeling drone replied, “It is indeed true that princess Cadance is going to get engaged with the captain of Celestia’s guard, and his love for her is so abundant that it is just radiating off of him.”

“I see, this is indeed great news.” Chrysalis said, “I won’t be much longer until equestria sees just how powerful we changelings can be.”

Before Chrysalis could do a stereotypical evil villain laugh, the drone interrupted her. “But-”

“BUT WHAT!” Chrysalis roared

“Celestia has hired a new butler, and he is a most unique creature.”

“And why have you decided to tell me this?” Chrysalis stared daggers into her drone, making him shiver in fright

“He possesses a power that we should be wary about, if not terrified.” he replied, “This butler of hers killed the ancient Chaos god Discord. And he didn’t take Discord seriously for the entire fight, he only used his full power when he was done toying with Discord and ready to wipe him out of existence.”

Comments ( 9 )

Glad to read another chapter, love this story, nice!

Sweet! The Wedding is coming up next, I really excite to see one man against an army fight.

Before Chrysalis could do a stereotypical evil villain laugh, the drone interrupted her. “But-”

“BUT WHAT!” Chrysalis roared

Chrysalis missed her laugh, but not me. :rainbowlaugh:

you have to follow her we, I love the story you have all my support, greetings from mexico

“And why have you decided to tell me this?” Chrysalis stared daggers into her drone, making him shiver in fright

:rainbowlaugh: Any one for changing kabobs extra super crispy?

Cry havoc and let slip the butler of war!

11131523
Ill take three changling kabobs pls

You know,oneday I really hope someone does a Displaced Ban. The immortal boyband member would be hilarious to see in Equestria. And don't tell me he isn't in a boy band. Tight hot leather clothes and a group named the seven deadly sins?

AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH welcome back my friend and loved the chapter great job so far

“Escanor, no matter how you view yourself, please remember that I… love you.” Celestia said, finally being honest with herself, “I have lived thousands of years and there have been many suitors and consorts who were more concerned with the real me rather than my title. But you… You knew from your past experiences that if you did what you did then it was very likely you wouldn’t be allowed to come back to equestria out of fear of you. And in spite you were willing to sacrifice yourself to keep Equestria safe, to keep me safe. Even after all this, I would never be afraid of you, because you mean too much to me.”

You mixed that up, unless Celestia likes man not caring for her, but her titel...

I don’t wish to be rude, but can I get a status update on this story?

Login or register to comment