• Published 11th Mar 2021
  • 4,098 Views, 129 Comments

Sun's Butler - Hydreigon_Omega



After fleeing from the holy knights of Liones, Escanor finds himself in a land of talking ponies and ends up scoring a job as Celestia's Personal Servant

  • ...
14
 129
 4,098

Chapter 6

“SISTER! ART THOU INSANE?” Luna shouted at Celestia

Who could blame her? Her sister had signed her up for something that could be considered deadly. The task of fighting Escanor would’ve been emotionally scarring within itself, but now, he had revealed a whole new power to equestria, one which they’ve never seen any other kind be anywhere close an equal. Escanor’s power was so incredible, that he had defeated discord without the elements, a task that should’ve been impossible.

“Luna, listen.” Celestia tried to console her sister, “This could be the only chance we have to save Escanor. I know he is still in there, somewhere.”

“Sister, have you forgotten after all these many millennia, that we are still partially mortal.” Luna said, “While we no longer age, we can still be killed by other means! If he loses control, Equestria will fall because nopony will have enough magic to move the sun or moon.”

“But if we don’t do something, he may still lose control and thousands of ponies would get hurt.” Celestia said, “We may be out of habit in combat, but it is worth a shot.”

“No. While we do enjoy his company,” Luna said, “we won’t risk our life and Equestria’s livelihood over one individual.”

“Sister, it would be impossible for me to do it alone, I need your help.” Celestia begged, “Please, I know you care about him too.”

“You care too much about him,” Luna said, as she turned away, “I’m sorry, but risking the survivability of equestria is too big of a risk.”

As Luna began to walk away, Celestia was afraid that she’d have to use her ‘trump card’ on her sister. “If you help me, you can have my desserts.”

Luna’s ear twitched, “For how long?” she inquired

“2 months.”

“3”

Celestia began second guessing herself, but saving her friend was far more important than any amount of dessert. “... fine, I’m glad we could come to an agreement.”


Both Celestia and Luna flew over the forest looking for their target. It had been a little more than a millennium since they had adorned their battle armor, Celestia had a little trouble getting back into her armor because of the layers of pudge she had obtained over the years, Luna made sure to tease her sister about it while she struggled to fit into her armor. Celestia’s armor was a gleaming golden tint, compared in proportion to a normal pony’s armor it weight would’ve made even the strongest member of the guard struggle to move in it. In contrast, Luna’s armor was a light blue hue, it was much more light weight and specialized in mobility and speed.

Their main weapons were a golden sword and shield, for Celestia, both emblazoned with the symbol of the sun and a midnight blue lance, for Luna, with a dark blue ribbon attached to it displaying the symbol of the moon. The forest was full of dangerous creatures, many of which would have devastating effects on equestria if they left their ecosystem, but now the everfree forest had a being even more dangerous than that. The two sisters found a clearing in the everfree, it wasn’t a natural clearing nor did somepony clear that spot out, everything that had used to be there was burnt to the ground. When they had landed in the clearing, they were greeted by the sight of Escanor who towered over them, being more than double their height.

When Celestia raised the sun to its peak, fire wrapped around several parts of Escanor’s body as his muscles flexed and knees buckled from the sheer amount of weight of his own body. He had grown so large from his power that even his axe looked tiny compared to his current size. His eyes began to glow yellow, almost like they were two miniature suns staring burning daggers into their princess. His body began to radiate fire off of it as even his mustache seemed to shift at the edge like it was made of fire.

“Such weak creatures, so easily killed.” Escanor said “I pity you.”

His voice surprised the princesses, it wasn’t the same skittish and self-conscious Escanor they were used to. Inside his voice was pride, arrogance, and unmatched hubris, a feat that not even the most cocky of nobles could pull off. Nevertheless they knew that the Escanor they knew and were friends with was still in there, somewhere, and they had to pull him out.

“Sister,” Luna said, “You remember the plan?”

“Of course. I’m the one who made it after all, or did you already forget?” Celestia added that teasing remark to get back at her sister.

With an annoyed look, Luna looked at her sister before turning her attention back to the towering giant of a human. With a powerful lunge, Luna launched herself full force at her opponent. Mimicking the lunar princess’s advancement, Escanor took a step forward causing the ground below him shifting under his weight. Once Luna came into striking range, Escanor swung his axe at the lunar diarch. With only a split second to react, Luna barely managed to dodge the attack by the width of a single feather, but when the axe struck the ground its power shook the forest.

Seizing the opportunity, Luna dragged her spear across Escanor’s arm before she began to launch a barrage of spear strikes and slashes at speeds he’d have trouble keeping up with. Now that Escanor was distracted by the lunar princess, Celestia charged her horn as she used her magic to enhance her blade’s length and power before she began charging towards the lion sin. With one blindingly fast strike, Celestia’s blade cut into the arrogant human. She expected to hear him fall down to his knees from that attack, but what she heard terrified her.

“That didn’t even itch.”

Celestia looked at where she had tried to cut him, her eyes widened in shock. No creature had ever remained almost completely unscathed by that attack before, not even Tirek. Where there should’ve been a massive wound, was only a thin scratch that was nowhere near bad enough to draw even a single drop of blood. Escanor extended his palm and fingertips towards Celestia in such a way that it looked like he was going to grab something.

Cruel Sun!

A massive fireball was summoned within Escanors grasp before it was launched at incredible speeds towards Celestia. She barely had time to defend herself as the miniature sun barreled towards her. The massive fireball collided with Celestia’s shield easily pushing her backwards from its massive force. She used her magic to help disperse the fireball over a larger surface. When the Escanor’s sun had dissolved, Celestia had noticed the face of her shield had started to melt away.

“Sister, I warned you he’d be a strong foe.” Luna shouted from a slight distance, “Need I remind you he easily killed Discord.”

“Don’t worry Luna, it is all going according to plan.”

Their attention was snapped back to Escanor as he began to approach the sister, the earth beneath his feet continued to shift with each passing step. Raising his axe into the sky, he prepared to strike again. While his axe was in the air, Luna launched herself at incredible speeds towards Escanor, jamming her spear into his wrist. Escanor flinched from the small pain causing him to drop his axe before he could strike.

Escanor looked to the lunar diarch with annoyance in his eyes as he swatted her away like a bug. Luckily for her, she landed in the trees which bordered the clearing, instead of being swatted downwards to the ground. When Escanor turned back to Celestia, he found that the solar diarch had moved back a small distance as she prepared for another attack. She charged her horn as she once more enhanced her sword with her magic.

When Celestia lunged towards Escanor, he raised his hand into the air. Celestia had hope that with her next attack she’d be able to find, and exploit, any weakness he may have. Escanor did not flinch at the thought of an oncoming attack, but rather welcomed it.

“Divine sword…” When Celestia came into striking range for her attack, Escanor brought his hand down like a guillotine, “Escanor!”

The attack easily split Celestia’s armor and cut deep into her flesh causing blood to stain her alabaster coat. The sheer force of the attack sent Celestia barrelling backwards into the scorched dirt. She tried to stand back up on her hooves, but she collapsed under the weight of her own armor. Her eyes burned with so many different emotions that not even she knew what expression she had, she hated herself for letting Escanor down, she was scared for her subjects, she felt like all hope was lost.

Escanor moved closer to solar diarch, fire erupted from the earth beneath his feet with every step he took. He looked down on Celestia, not just physically but metaphorically as well, Escanor closed most of his fingers in his hand leaving only his pointing finger extended. At first Celestia thought he’d give some arrogant speech like all of her previous foes did when they thought they won, but she was wrong, he moved his arm backwards so that his hand was aligned with his shoulder.

“Divine spear…”

Celestia knew this was the end for her, no matter who or what inverviened, she could survive this next attack. Celestia made an amendment to everyone she could in her heart, because she knew she would, more than likely, never see them again. She feared how her nieces and nephews would react when word got out that she was no more.

“Escanor…”

The next thing Celestia knew, Escanor started to fall down, not like he had tripped but rather that he no longer had any energy to stay conscious. The massive body began to fall landing at a slight angle that allowed Celestia to avoid it without even moving. When Escanor collided with the ground, Luna had managed to free herself from the trees and began rushing to her sister’s aid. Celestia tried to stand back up to greet her sister so they could share their victory and tack Escanor back to the castle, but the would on her chest made her have trouble moving even the slightest bit.

"So five minutes is your limit?" Celestia said to the unconscious giant

“Sister!” Luna yelled, “Are you alright?”

Celestia looked down at her wound, it was apparently worse than she had originally thought. Despite her body screaming in pain, her eyelids started to feel heavy and her knees were starting to feel weak. When Luna arrived, Celestia was barely conscious as her eyelids started to close.

“I’m fine.” Celesia lied, “But I’ll need you to lower the sun tonight.”

Celestia began to lose feeling in her body as she began to fall backwards onto the lion sin. Her eyes began to flutter shut as her breathing slowed and she slipped further and further into unconsciousness. Escanor felt like a warm bed making it easier and easier for Celestia to drift into sleep. Luna tried to shake her sister awake, but it was already too late.

“SISTER!”

Author's Note:

Yeah, I did just leave you with a cliffhanger. :trollestia: