• Published 11th Mar 2021
  • 4,085 Views, 129 Comments

Sun's Butler - Hydreigon_Omega



After fleeing from the holy knights of Liones, Escanor finds himself in a land of talking ponies and ends up scoring a job as Celestia's Personal Servant

  • ...
14
 129
 4,085

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

I'm not sure if I need to, but I'm just going to bump this up from a E to a T just to be safe.

Days had passed since Celestia had taken Escanor off of the streets in Canterlot. While he was treated better by most of the staff in the castle, there were still quite a large number of ponies that hated him for even existing. Celestia tried her best to do what she could about them, but since they hadn’t actually broken any laws, what she could do was very little to nothing. Even though she couldn’t change the way ponies acted around Escanor, He still felt happy that Celestia at least tried to do something.

Seeing as how Escanor’s old clothes were considered old and unfit to work in, she had some new clothes tailored for him. His new clothes were a collared shirt white with a set of matching green vest and pants. She also managed to pull a few strings and find a way to get him some socks and shoes so he wouldn’t hurt his feet walking across the stone floor. While those clothes he would end up wearing the most, she also had given him some more casual clothes for when she dismissed him for the day.

Celestia had been nothing but kind to him, and He’d done nothing so far in return, She’d even provide him a new notebook for his poetry. Today he decided to change that, today was the day he’d actually start working as the princesses butler. He took a look at himself in the bathroom mirror, he brought out a pair of scissors that he borrowed from the tailors and began to shave the beard that had started to grow. Bringing the scissors the hair right below his nose, he took one more look in the mirror. He closed the scissors and stuck them back into his pocket, making sure it wouldn’t accidentally cut a hole, because he liked the mustache he had given himself.

“There you are Escanor,” He had been on his way to the tailor to return the scissors he borrowed before Celestia called out to him, “I was starting to get worried because I haven’t seen you yet today.”

“You don’t need to worry about little old me, I’m just your butler.” Escanor said as he faced the solar Princess, “I was just returning something I borrowed.”

Celestia raised an eyebrow, “When did you shave your facial hair?”

“I wanted to look decent for first impressions.” Escanor said, suddenly his eyes as if he had come to a shocking realization, “D-does it not look good?”

“No, I didn’t mean that, It looks good on you. In fact, I actually think it suits you quite well.” Celestia said, “I was just surprised you shaved is all.”

Escanor breathed a sigh of relief. “You flatter me Princess, may I return what I borrowed before I start?”

“Why of course. Just be back in a few minutes”

Escanor entered the tailor room, several different fabrics and materials were on dispensers which lined the walls. All across the room he saw several different mannequins, most of them were designed after ponies of varying sizes, there was also one that was designed after Escanor himself so that it’d be easier to make clothes for him. He took the scissors out of his pocket and placed them in their correct container. As quietly as he entered, he left and began to head to where Celestia was.

Escanor grabbed the silver platter from the kitchen which had Celestia’s favorite wine, and a crystal wine glass to hold it. He went down the hall holding the platter in one hand making sure to balance it while he walked the stone floors of the castle. A few guards broke their empty gaze to stare at Escanor a little, too bad he couldn’t blame them, he was as tall as their princess even though he was nowhere near as old. When Escanor entered the main hall, Celestia was talking with one of her guards.

“I see.” Celestia said, “thank you for bringing this to my attention. You may resume your post.”

The guard saluted her before he went the direction of his post, Celestia however instead of remaining on her throne Celestia approached Escanor. “May I help with something?” Escanor asked being ready for anything she may ask.

“There has been a change of plans.” Celestia said, “There was an error with the weather factory. Now we are completely snowed in. And nopony is getting in or out until next morning unless they know a long distance teleportation spell.”

“Snowed in?” Escanor asked clearly startled, “but what now, princess?”

My sister is asleep and my niece has a date scheduled for this evening and won’t be back until the snow is cleared.” Celestia quietly thought out loud, then she got an idea. “Come, follow me Escanor.” He did as he was told.

Escanor followed Celestia with the platter balanced in his hands. He noticed a stained glass window with 7 different mares, 2 unicorns, 2 pegasi, 2 regular looking ponies, and a pitch black alicorn. He stopped to stare at it for a moment before he had to catch back up with Celestia, there was a rainbow that was in the stained glass window, he’d have to ask Celestia about it later.

They stopped at wooden double doors, Celestia used her magic to summon a key to unlock the door. Walking into the room there wasn’t much in there, just a table and some cabinets. While there were no windows in the room, it had enough magic light to keep the room lit and easy to see around.

“Do you know what this room is?” Celestia asked, as she led Escanor into the room.

“I don’t know what this room is for, princess.” Escanor responded

“This is my private room.” Celestia says, “Nopony is allowed in unless I invite them in, anything that happens inside this room will ever leave the room.” Escanor gulped, “Now your first task of the day is to get a certain box from the kitchen, order #12, more specifically.”

“Yes ma’am,” Escanor said as he turned around the leave

“Leave the wine here.” Celestia said, “You're going to need both hands for the order.”

He placed the silver platter on the table and poured some of the wine into the glass as Celestia nodded once the desired amount had been poured. Escanor began to head his way to the kitchen with the order in his mind, he passed a few guards and other castle staff before he reached the kitchen. Upon arrival, the kitchen was empty except for a few ponies, who were diligently taking notes and preparing equipment until one of them noticed Escanor.

“You must be the new guy.” A mare in a baker’s outfit said, “So, what can I do for you?”

“I, uh,” he stuttered, “I’m here to pick up an order for the princess.”

“Which number?”

“12,” Escanor said

She levitated a box which measured about 1½ feet long in each direction. It was sealed shut with a sticker labeling it ‘12’. Despite its size, it felt rather light, almost like it was an empty box with only air inside.

“There you go,” She said, “Make sure it gets to her safely, She can get a bit angry when she doesn’t get her cake.” She teased him, which Escanor didn’t catch onto.

“I-I’ll make sure it gets to her.” Escanor said, rather intimidated at the thought of an angry god-horse.

He made his way out of the kitchen, walking diligently to make sure he didn’t disappoint Celestia. While the recurring thought of an angry Celestia scared him, the actions he’d have to take to stop her scared him more than that. His daytime power had great qualities, such as his ability to come up with great lines right on the spot, but Escanor couldn’t control himself when he reached this form making it a double edged sword for him because he didn’t want to harm the first ever pony who was nice to him.

Escanor walked upto the wooded double door only to hear them click unlock and open up only being adjar. He pushed a door open with his shoulder and then closed it with his shoe after he entered. There Celestia sat at the table, and she was, shuffling a deck of cards in her magic?

“I see you got the package,” Celesetia said as she placed down the deck of cards, “Just lay it down on the table.”

Escanor did so and Celestia brought it close to her with magic, before she opened it and inside was a rather large chocolate cake with strawberry decor. “Are you going to eat all that yourself princess?” He asked worried about her well being.

“Please drop the Princess title while you're here,” Celestia said as she pulled a knife and plate, “It gets rather repetitive and tiresome when ponies call me that.” She cut off a piece of the cake and gave it to Escanor.

“Thank you prin-, I mean Celestia” Escanor said, as Celestia levitated a fork over to him, “But what I meant is that you could hurt yourself eating so much cake.”

“Are you saying that I am fat?”

“N-no! Not at all!” Escanor said, scared he accidentally offended Celestia

“I’m just teasing you.” Celestia said, as she took a bite of her cake. “Say, Escanor, would you like to play a game?”

“A-a game?” Escanor asked, “What game?”

“Crazy 8, a really simple game.” Celestia said, “Normally I’d find something to do, but I had to clear my schedule for the day because of what was planned. but the only one I can pass time with right now is you.”

“I may not look it, but I am really skilled when It comes to card games.” Escanor said as he readjusted his glasses making a magic lamp’s light gleam off it.

“I’m glad to hear it.” Celestia said with a smug smile as she began to deal the cards out.


Ten games later


“YOU BUCKING CHEATER.” Celestia finally snapped as she threw her cards into the air “There is no- OW” Her rant was interrupted by a sharp jolt of pain

“Are You Alright Celestia!” Escanor said as he rushed over to her.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Celestia said, “There's just a knot in my back that has refused to come out.” She tried to massage the spot only for her hooves to fall short. “It’s been quite a pain in my daily life, I’ve already tried to remove it with massage, but hooves and magic can only do so much.”

“I hope I’m not being imprudent,” Escanor said, “But may I try and massage it?”

“Go on ahead,” Celestia said as she laid down onto the floor, “I’ll take anything I can get now.”

Escanor looked across her back and saw his target, a small lump right beside her left shoulder. He knelt down beside her and got into a comfortable position to work. At first when he laid hands on it Celestia let out a small squeak from the pain, but once he began to knead at the knot almost all tension vanished. So much so, that the once esteemed ruler of an entire nation felt like nothing more than a conscious puddle on the floor. Once he had finished, Celestia let out a content sigh as she stood back up.

“I would’ve never thought you were so skilled with those hands.” Celestia said as she stretched, “That has been giving me trouble for a few weeks now. I may call you to my chambers again later so we can do this again another time.”

“Thank you for the compliment, princ- I mean Celestia,” Escanor said, with his face turning a light shade of red. Suddenly three knocks at the door sounded, it was probably one of the guards.

“News for the princess.” A guard shouted, through the door.

Celestia sighed and unlocked the door. “Come in.” the guard did as he was told, and took a bow and removed his helmet.

“The snow wasn’t as bad as we thought.” The guard said, “The weather factory staff was able to remove it after a few hours.”

“Thank you for delivering me this news,” Celestia said as the guard left, she later turned to Escanor and sighed, “Well it seems that I’m not freed from my duties afterall,”

They walked to Celestia’s throne, with Escanor holding her silver wine tray. She sat down making sure everything was ready, she sighed knowing that she had to cram an entire day of complaining into a little less than half a day. She grabbed her glass in her magic and Enscanor filled it once more with the sweet contents of the bottle. Celestia downed the glass and placed it back on the tray just in time for the first complainer of the day to walk through the doors.