• Published 7th Mar 2021
  • 1,277 Views, 12 Comments

MLP FiM x Fairy Tail: Wizards in Equestria - SonnL



An entity of light summons the Fairy Tail guild to Equestria to assist the Council of Friendship in a war against an ancient evil force.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,277

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2 (2/4): Three Decisive Battles - part 1 (edited)

Inside the Fairy Tail guild hall, the wizards and the Mane 7 discussed their plan to attack the Doom Cruiser. Happy asked if they could just use the magic bracelets to teleport to inside the ship, but Aura explained that it doesn’t work that way. The bracelets only enable their wearers to teleport to specific locations that are part of Equestria and it does not include the inside of moving vehicles.

While going over their plan, they formed a strike team.

“I’ve decided on who will be attacking the Doom Cruiser! It’s going to be Natsu, Happy, Gajeel, Panther Lily, Erza, Laxus, Cana, Freed, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie!” Makarov selected the members of the strike team.

“Since I can’t make rocks out of thin air, I guess I won’t be much help up there.” Applejack stated.

“Wait, I should be taking part in this operation as well.” Twilight said.

“No, Princess Twilight. You need to stay and watch over Canterlot. Besides, there’s no telling how the Order of Scarlet Night is going to respond once the strike team attacks the superweapon.” Makarov said.

“But I…”

“Don’t worry Twilight. We got this!” Rainbow Dash assured Twilight.

“Twilight, darling. Your duties as ruler of Equestria come first. You can count on us to take some load off your shoulders.” Rarity chimed in.

Twilight pouted but did not make any arguments. After the meeting, she returned to Canterlot.

The strike team commenced with their operation. Natsu, Happy, Gajeel, Panther Lily, and Rainbow Dash flew to the Doom Cruiser, with Happy and Panther Lily carrying Natsu and Gajeel, respectively. The other members of the strike team, including Cana herself, were stored inside Cana’s magic cards, which were placed inside Gajeel’s pocket.

After flying for some time, the strike team approached the superweapon as it approached Manehattan.

“This is it! We’re getting close!” Gajeel said as the Doom Cruiser is in sight.

“I can’t wait to see that thing crash!” Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes.

“So uh, how close can we get before they try to stop us?” Happy asked curiously.

The five then began hearing faint sounds of alarm bells ringing coming from the ship.

“I guess they’ve noticed us!” Panther Lily shouted.

“That’s fine. I’m all fired up!” Natsu said.

The group spotted a loading door that was opening on the side of the ship as a swarm of gargoyles began to fly out of the hangar.

“See that loading dock? That’s our way in!” Rainbow Dash called up to her teammates.

“But first, we need to get past these freaks!” Gajeel pointed out.

The gargoyles began spitting fire balls at the group. Since fire doesn’t harm Natsu, he just used his arms to block the fiery projectiles. Panther Lily and Rainbow Dash performed some evasive flying.

“IRON DRAGON LANCE: DEMON LOGS!” Gajeel shot down numerous gargoyles with his rapid-firing iron spears.

“Get out of our way!” Rainbow Dash summoned a twister to blow away the gargoyles in their path.

The group then took a look at the ship’s entrance, which was beginning to slide shut its metal door.

“They’re closing the way in!” Happy shouted.

“FIRE DRAGON KING ROAR!” From his mouth, Natsu unleashed a large-scale blast of fire at the loading door. All gargoyles in the line of fire were instantly reduced to ashes. Natsu’s attack was powerful enough to create a gigantic hole on the loading door, allowing the wizards, Exceeds, and Rainbow Dash to fly right in.

The five successfully entered the Doom Cruiser and set foot in the hangar. After landing, Panther Lily transformed into his battle form.

“Haha! Aura’s anti-motion sickness spell is working like a charm! I don’t feel like barfing at all!” Natsu said excitedly.

“Alright you guys, come on out!” Gajeel took Cana’s cards out.

Cana promptly released herself and the rest of the strike team. “Okay! We’re ready to go!”

Once the whole strike team was fully assembled in the hangar, they heard the voice of the dark unicorn who broadcasted the Doom Cruiser coming from the loudspeakers. “WE HAVE INTRUDERS IN THE SHIP! MOBILIZE!”

“Oh yeah! Just try to stop us!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

Hundreds of goblin guards and gargoyles rushed in and surrounded the intruders. The goblins aboard the Doom Cruiser are equipped with more advanced weaponry such as electric batons and magic-powered rifles.

“IRON DRAGON ROAR!” From his mouth, Gajeel unleashed a powerful tornado of iron at the enemy forces.

Erza used Requip and switched her armor to Black Wing Armor. With her sword, Erza struck down a large crowd of surrounding foes.

Panther Lily also swung his sword at any enemies within striking distance.

Some of the goblins struck Laxus with their batons, but they did not hurt him one bit.

“Hey, that kinda tickles.” Laxus said with a glare. He immediately blew away his attackers with a surge of lightning.

The goblin riflemen aimed their rifles and fired while the gargoyles launched a barrage of fire balls. Natsu, Laxus, and Rainbow Dash evaded the enemy fire. Erza and Panther Lily used their swords to deflect. Gajeel blocked with his hardened arms. Happy, Cana, and Pinkie Pie stood behind Rarity as she conjured some shield constructs.

“DARK ÉCRITURE: REFLECT!” Freed reflected the incoming projectiles back at the enemy.

“IRON DRAGON SWORD!” Gajeel transformed his right arm into a jagged iron blade and began slashing away.

“LIGHTNING DRAGON IRON FIST!” Laxus struck a large number of goblins with a fist imbued with lightning.

“FIRE DRAGON BRILLIANT FLAME!” Natsu generated fire on both of his hands and then joined them, creating a larger flame, which he then used to create a massive and destructive explosion, taking out scores of enemies.

Rainbow Dash blew away the goblins and gargoyles with powerful gusts of wind.

While shielded by Rarity, Cana used her magic cards as explosive projectiles and Pinkie rapidly threw sparkly explosive cakes in multiple directions.

“More will be coming! We need to move!” Erza shouted out to her teammates as she cut down many more goblins and gargoyles.

The strike team then fought their way through the hangar. They ran to the nearest hallway and after they entered it, Gajeel created iron pillars to block off their pursuers.

The strike team took a moment to study a layout of the ship that had been placed up on the wall and then they split into two groups, Group A and Group B. Group A consisted of Natsu, Happy, Erza, Laxus, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie and they head for the ship’s core. Group B consisted of Gajeel, Panther Lily, Cana, and Freed and this group go for the bridge. The plan was for Group B to move the ship to a safe place before Group A sent it crashing.

As the two groups head through different hallways, the strike team heard the voice of the dark unicorn again and he sounded extremely irritated. “GET THEM! GET THEEEEEEEEM!”

“He sure is grumpy.” Pinkie commented before throwing a sparkly explosive cupcake at a group of goblin guards.

“I must say. This ship could use some better interior decorating.” Rarity said as she looked around the inside of the Doom Cruiser.

“I don’t think weapons of mass destruction were meant to look pleasant!” Happy said as he bashed a goblin’s head with a metal pipe.

Group A eventually got close to the core, but they noticed an enemy battalion right behind them.

“Pinkie Pie! Rarity! And Rainbow Dash! You three go to the core! We’ll hold them back!” Erza told the three ponies to continue forward.

Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie continued on to the core while Natsu, Happy, Erza, and Laxus held back the enemy.

Inside the core chamber…

“This must be the core.” Rarity said. The three ponies also noticed that the core is surrounded by a red magical barrier.

“STOP RIGHT THERE!” a voice shouted out to them.

The three ponies turned their attention to the source of the voice and they finally encountered the dark unicorn that broadcasted the Doom Cruiser. He is piloting a red monstrous octopus-like machine that was towering over the three of them. This time, the dark unicorn’s face is uncovered and on his left eye is the silver number 3.

Red Rage: Red Moon General Lower 3
(red eyes with gray sclera; dark red coat; red and white mane and tail)

“So you made it this far! Allow me to introduce myself! I am Red Rage, Red Moon General Lower 3!”

“You! You were one of the ten ruffians we saw during Twilight’s anniversary celebration!” Rarity said with disdain.

“That’s right! And this is as far as you’ll go! Before you can destroy the core, you’ll have to defeat me first! And that not’s going to happen!”

“You wish! We’re going to kick your flank!” Rainbow Dash shouted back.

“I like to see you try! How will you three fair against me? One of the Red Moon Generals!”


Inside Canterlot Castle, Twilight sat on her throne, still wondering if she should have went with the strike team regardless of what Makarov said.

Spike then walked up to Twilight with a newspaper in his hand.

“Twilight, you need to see this.” Spike handed the newspaper to Twilight, who picked it up with her magic.

On the newspaper, there is an article that caught Twilight’s attention. The article stated that ponies in some small towns and villagers lost their cutie marks, with the marks on their flanks being replaced with ‘X’ marks. Twilight was deeply concerned with this.

“I need to look into this.”

A royal guard rushed into the throne room with great urgency.

“Princess Twilight! We have an emergency! An army of monsters is invading Canterlot!”

“What?! Monsters are here?!” Spike was greatly alarmed.

At this moment, an army of goblins and gargoyles is laying siege to Canterlot.

“I’m glad I listened to Makarov.” Twilight then finally put on her armor and flew out of the throne room to confront the invaders.

The streets of Canterlot soon became a battlefield. Canterlot’s citizens fled to the castle for safety. The moment Twilight leaves her castle, the first things she saw are fire and smoke in the city.

Besides Gildarts, several Fairy Tail mages, including Alzack and Bisca, pitched in to assist the Canterlot royal guards in defending the city.

With his two revolvers, Alzack fired explosive magic bullets at the gargoyles, blowing their stone bodies into pieces. While using her magic pump-action shotgun, Bisca gunned down groups of goblins with each shot.

Twilight joined the battle as well. She fired a magical beam at a goblin and due to her enhanced magical power, the goblin was instantly vaporized. Many other goblins attacked Twilight with their crossbows and several gargoyles spit fire balls at her. Twilight protected herself from any incoming attack by surrounding herself with a magic bubble shield. She retaliates by firing magic beams at her attackers, destroying them too.

After ten minutes of constantly firing magic blasts, Twilight heard a roar coming from the distance. She then saw a gigantic bipedal dark crystal monster using its massive arms to crush any building in its path. Twilight quickly flew towards the crystal monster and fired a large magical beam at it. The creature was pushed back but it doesn’t appear to have suffered a single scratch. In response, it ran towards Twilight and tried swinging its arms at her. Twilight flew around the monster and fired more magic beams at it.

Somewhere in the capital, a dark unicorn with the silver number 2 on his left eye was on the attack. Using his magic, he materialized bombs out of thin air and threw them at random buildings, setting them ablaze.

“I had a feeling that Fairy Tail and the Council of Friendship will resist. They even had the audacity to attack our superweapon. I’ll show them. I’m taking over Canterlot right now. And once I see Princess Twilight Sparkle, I’m going to crush her… ruthlessly.”

A lone wizard stood in the dark unicorn’s way and that wizard is Gildarts.

“Oh? Looks like it’s one of those humans.” The dark unicorn noticed.

“So are you the one who is leading this invasion?” Gildarts asked.

War Spirit: Red Moon General Lower 2
(gray eyes with yellow sclera; green coat; silver mane and tail)

“Yes! I am War Spirit, Red Moon General Lower 2!” the dark unicorn introduced himself.

“A Red Moon General? I heard that your group is a big deal.”

“Tell you what. If you step aside, I’ll spare you.”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. My job is defending Canterlot and that’s what I’m going to do.”

“Then it’s your funeral!”

War Spirit materialized numerous cannons and missiles and tried to bombard Gildarts with them.


Canterlot is not the only place being invaded. The Order of Scarlet Night also initiated an invasion on the Crystal Empire. The empire is under attack by a swarm of large winged insectoid-like monsters. Shining Armor is leading the royal guards into battle while his wife and daughter remain in the castle.

Aside from the Strauss siblings, a handful of Fairy Tail members including Bickslow and Evergreen are assisting the Crystal Empire. They either fight off the invading forces or help escort the citizens to safety.

On the east side of the empire, Bickslow and Evergreen are fighting the monsters.

“While Laxus and Freed deal with the Doom Cruiser, we can do our part here. Go babies!” Bickslow commanded his dolls to fire magic blasts at the monsters.

“FAIRY MACHINE GUN: LEPRECHAUN!” Evergreen released a torrent of energy needles made from concentrated dust.

“Curse these bugs! I was here to have lunch with Elfman and these monsters just have to ruin everything!” Evergreen was furious.

After Bickslow and Evergreen destroyed at least one hundred monsters, a gigantic centipede monster came out of the ground.

“Of course they send the big ones too.” Bickslow said.

The centipede monster lunged at Evergreen, but she evaded it by flying using her fairy-like wings.

“FAIRY BOMB: GREMLIN!” Evergreen surrounded the centipede monster with dust particles and then ignited them to create an explosion powerful enough to fell the monster.

“Well that was no problem at all.” Evergreen said with a smile.

Five more centipede monsters emerged.

“Oh come on!” Evergreen bellowed.

“Oh boy. Looks like we have our work cut out for us.” Bickslow sighed.

In the meantime, Mirajane (in her Satan Soul form) is battling the swarm, including several centipede monsters, on the west side of the empire. She attacks by firing a barrage of magical darkness projectiles from her hands.

Mirajane’s two siblings, Lisanna and Elfman, are fighting on the south side. Lisanna battled by using the claws of her ‘Animal Soul: Cat’ form and Elfman used ‘Full-Body Take Over, Beast Soul’.

As the battle in the Crystal Empire raged on, a dark unicorn mare wearing a light-red cloak marched into the south side of Crystal Empire. In addition to her cloak, she also wears six multi-colored sashes.

After Lisanna and Elfman fought for nearly over an hour, the monsters surrounding them suddenly left.

“They’re leaving already?!” Elfman was baffled.

“Hold on! Something’s coming!” Lisanna pointed at the dark unicorn approaching them. Her face is covered by a hood.

“You humans. What reason do you have to fight for this world? Is it because of some misguided sense of righteousness or did Aura Light promise you a grand reward?” the dark unicorn spoke.

“Are you a dark unicorn?” Lisanna asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? You know what’s going to happen next, do you?”

“If you’re here for a battle, then bring it! I’ll show you how a man fights!” Elfman shouted.

“Will you two be able to handle somepony like me?” The dark unicorn lifted her hood and revealed her face. On her left eye is the silver number 4.

“She has a number of her eye!” Lisanna noticed.

“That means she’s one of the Red Moon Generals!” Elfman said alarmed.

Cloth Demoness: Red Moon General Lower 4
(pink eyes with black sclera; yellow coat; dark purple mane and tail)

“You are correct. I am Cloth Demoness, Red Moon General Lower 4.”

“Lower 4? That’s a relief of some sort. At least you’re not an upper general.” Elfman said.

The general’s right eye twitched after she heard Elfman’s comment. “You will be wise not to take me lightly.” She said with a hint of anger in her voice.

Six crystal pony guards then arrived at the scene.

“Look! That must be a dark unicorn!”

“And she must be controlling the monsters!”

“So this means, if we subdue her, we can put a stop to this invasion!”

“No, wait! We don’t know what this dark unicorn is capable of!” Lisanna tried to warn the royal guards.

“CHARGE!” The guards ignored Lisanna and they rushed at the dark unicorn with their spears.

One of the general’s sashes stretched out towards the crystal pony guards, and in one swift motion, the pony guards were decapitated, much to Lisanna and Elfman’s horror.

“These weaklings do not interest me.” Cloth Demoness said casually. Two of her sashes then stretched out towards Lisanna and Elfman, aiming for their heads. The two siblings managed to narrowly avoid a fatal blow. Elfman quickly changed his form to ‘Beast Soul: Weretiger’.

Shining Armor came and fired magic beams at the dark unicorn, but she used her sashes to deflect them.

“Lisanna! Elfman! I’ll help you!”

“Shining Armor, watch out for the sashes! They’re deadly!” Lisanna warned Shining Armor.

Just then, one of the sashes extended towards Shining Armor in rapid speed. Shining Armor tried to block it with a magical shield, but the sash easily sliced through the shield and seriously wounded both of Shining Armor’s front legs, causing him to cry out in pain. Another sash then wrapped itself around Shining Armor and tossed him into a nearby crystal house, knocking him out.

“Fortunately for that one, I was told to leave him alive. But for you humans, you need to pay for trying to undermine our efforts.”

To Be Continued…

PreviousChapters Next