• Published 7th Mar 2021
  • 1,277 Views, 12 Comments

MLP FiM x Fairy Tail: Wizards in Equestria - SonnL



An entity of light summons the Fairy Tail guild to Equestria to assist the Council of Friendship in a war against an ancient evil force.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,277

Chapters Next
Chapter 1 (1/2): Fairy Tail's New Mission (edited)

Earth Land, Kingdom of Fiore

In Magnolia Town, Fairy Tail guild hall…

Inside the guild hall, the wizards of Fairy Tail are celebrating their victory in the war against the Alvarez Empire, in which the dark wizard Zeref and the feared King of Dragons, Acnologia, have been defeated.

The guild master, Makarov Dreyar, gave a speech.

“My children. It brings me great joy to see you all here. No doubt that the war with the Alvarez Empire will be long remembered. There were toils and tribulations, but with the help of allied guilds, we managed to overcome our greatest enemy yet!”

“YEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!” The Fairy Tail members cheered.

“However…” Makarov’s tone then shifts from cheerful to sad. “The first master, Mavis Vermillion, has sadly passed away. But…” He then goes back to being optimistic. “She gave her life for us. And we’ll forever be indebted to her. May she rest in peace.”

“May she rest in peace.” The Fairy Tail members repeated.

“Our future is in our hands now. Now then! On with the celebration!” Makarov declared.

The wizards in the guild eat, drink, and goof around to their heart’s content. As usual, Cana Alberona drank alcohol from a whole barrel, while her father, Gildarts Clive, wanted to spend some quality father-and-daughter time together.

On one side of the guild hall, there is Natsu Dragneel, Happy, and Lucy Heartfilia sitting together at a table. Happy was happily eating a fish and Natsu was scarfing down pieces of meat.

“So Lucy… What do you plan on doing?” Natsu said while his mouth was full.

“I’m thinking of continuing the book I’m writing. What about you?”

“Simple. I’m going to go on more quests!”

At another side of the guild hall, Gray Fullbuster and Juvia Lockser are together at another table.

“Gray, darling… I’m wondering… maybe it’s time to take our relationship to the next level.” Juvia said while blushing.

“Let’s not get crazy please.” Gray replied while being wierded out by Juvia’s advances.

Erza Scarlet sat alone at another table, eating a piece of strawberry cake and thinking about a certain someone. “I wonder how Jellal is doing. I wish he could join us.”

Also sitting together are Gajeel Redfox, Panther Lily, and Levy McGarden.

Levy said a few things to Gajeel. “You know Gajeel. I’m happy that you’re here with me. I was very scared that I was going to lose you.” During the battle against Bloodman of the Spriggan 12, it appeared that Gajeel was going to meet his end, but he miraculously survived. “If you had died back there, I…”

Gajeel patted Levy on the head.

“Let’s not dwell on the past. We’re here and that’s all that matters. And I promise I won’t put you through that ever again.” Gajeel assured Levy.

The Fairy Tail guild continued with their partying. Then suddenly, the guild hall started glowing and the entire building started shaking. Naturally, this alarmed the entire guild.

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! What is happening?!” Happy started to panic.

“Now what?” Laxus Dreyar said.

The shaking continued and the glow illuminating the guild hall grew brighter. Happy held on to Natsu, Juvia held on to Gray, Wendy Marvell held on to Carla, Bisca Connell and Alzack Connell held on to their daughter Asuka, Levy and Gajeel held each other, and the Strauss siblings also held each other tight. Laxus stood by his grandfather’s side. All the Fairy Tail mages braced themselves for what’s coming. The glow got bright to the point that all the mages covered their eyes.

After a few minutes, the shaking stopped and the glow dimmed down. When the mages could open their eyes again, they saw that the guild hall and everyone in it appear to be fine.

“What just happened?” Gray asked bewildered.

“Whatever it was, it’s weird.” Gajeel commented.

“I thought something scary was coming.” Wendy said nervously.

Max Alors and Warren Rocko walked to the guild hall’s front entrance to take a look outside and what they see was going to surprise everyone. “Everyone! You need to look outside!” The two mages exclaimed.

All the mages then looked outside and discovered that they’re not in Magnolia anymore. They saw that the guild hall is right outside a town with a crystal castle.

“Did the guild hall just move to another location?” Erza asked.

“Where in the world are we?” Makarov wondered.

As if that wasn’t strange enough, the Fairy Tail mages suddenly found themselves in an infinite white space.

“What is going on here?!” Natsu was getting fed up with these strange turn of events.

“Greetings, Fairy Tail.” A voice suddenly called out to them. The mages turned their attention to where the voice was coming from. What they then saw appeared to be a bright yellow glowing entity resembling an alicorn.

“Who… or what are you?” Makarov inquired.

“My name is Aura Light. And I was responsible for bringing you to this world.”

“This world?” Erza wondered what Aura meant by that.

“Yes. You all are in another world. Right now, you are in the land of Equestria in the world of Equus.”

The Fairy Tail mages were dumbfounded by her statement. “Equus? Equestria?” That’s what some Fairy Tail members were thinking about.

Aura then gave a brief rundown on Equestria and its inhabitants. The Fairy Tail mages were perplexed after hearing about magical ponies and other creatures. Natsu, Wendy, and Gajeel showed interest about the dragons in this world. However, Aura did not tell them everything such as the names of some of these ponies and creatures.

“Ok. That was all interesting. But I must ask. Why did you bring us here?” Makarov asked.

“Because I have a request for the whole guild.”

“A request?”

“A dark force is about to declare war on Equestria. It is known as the Order of Scarlet Night. It consists of dark unicorns and their legions of monsters. Their master is my older twin sister, Scarlet Night, the alicorn of darkness.”

“Your sister?”

“4000 years ago, long before the existence of Equestria, Scarlet Night and her forces waged a terrible war on the land and tried to plunge it into darkness. To stop my sister, I made the ultimate sacrifice. Now, Scarlet Night’s servants are trying to revive her. My request is this, defend Equestria and ensure Scarlet Night’s downfall.”

“Just to be clear. You want my family to fight in another war?”

Aura then lowered her head and kneeled down. “Please, I beg of you. If nothing is done, innocents will suffer. The Order of Scarlet Night is too powerful for the defenders of Equestria to fight alone. The reason I turn to you is because I believe that your guild can help Equestria resist this great evil. I promise that your reward will be great.”

“I couldn’t help but wonder. How do you know about Fairy Tail?”

“I have been observing your guild for some time. I saw the battles your children fought in as well as how they overcame great adversity time and time again. So I ask you this, will you please accept my request?”

The Fairy Tail members pondered for a while. Natsu then stepped forward.

“I say we help her.”

“Natsu?” Lucy said.

“Look, I know we just met her. But I can’t turn my back on a world that’s in danger of being destroyed.” Natsu explained.

“I’ll also help out.” Gray agreed. “I can’t walk away from what I know is right.”

“If innocent lives are threatened, then I’ll do whatever it is within my power to protect them.” Erza declared.

“You know. It’s not everyday we get to see another world.” a random Fairy Tail member said.

“Yeah! We beat Zeref and Acnologia! We can do anything!”

No Fairy Tail members expressed any objections.

“Very well, it seems we are all in agreement.” Makarov stated.

“You all have my profound gratitude” Aura said with great relief.

Lucy raised her right hand. “Hold on! How long are we expected to stay in Equestria? Some of us do have rent to pay.”

“No need to worry. When you return to your world, you will find that only a short time has passed there.” Aura explained.

“Before I go, there’s something you need. Please take a look at your right wrist.” Aura instructed.

Each Fairy Tail member did as they’re told and find that they are wearing some kind of magical bracelet. Even the Exceeds were each given one.

“Allow me to explain how they work. They can display a holographic map of Equestria as well as showing their wearer’s position. You can select a location on the map and teleport there in an instant. The bracelets also enable you to store items in a pocket dimension and communicate with your fellow guildmates. You can take them off anytime you wish, and should they get lost or stolen, the bracelets will teleport back to their owners.”

“That sounds neat.” Happy said while gazing at his bracelet.

“There’s another thing I need to take care of. Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, and Laxus. Please step forward.”

Once the four stand in front of Aura, she casted a spell on them. “This is a spell that prevents motion sickness. You four will be able to ride on vehicles without any problems. The spell will remain in effect until you return to Earth Land.”

“Really?! That’s sweet!” Natsu said excitedly. “That means I can ride on a train or a carriage without getting sick!”

“There’s just one more thing I want to say to you. To avoid any potential misunderstandings and confusions with the dragons in this world, please avoid using the term ‘dragon slayer’. Just say that you’re dragon wizards and that you use dragon magic.”

The mages then found themselves back in the guild hall.

“Well that was an interesting encounter.” Gildarts commented.

The mages then saw a vortex surrounded by dark clouds suddenly appeared in the sky above the nearby town. Coming out of the vortex was a swarm of large bug-like monsters resembling beetles, wasps, and mantises. The monsters proceeded to lay siege to the town.

“Look’s like that town’s in trouble!” Natsu was the first to rush into action.

Happy, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Carla, Gajeel, and Panther Lily followed after him.


Rewinding time back a little…

The town of Ponyville…

It has been one year since Twilight Sparkle became ruler of Equestria. During this time, Ponyville is still mainly inhabited by ponies.

The town was celebrating the anniversary of Twilight’s ascension to the throne, and the ruler herself will be coming to Ponyville. Rainbow Dash’s job was to clear the skies. Pinkie and Applejack were in charge of the sweets and food with the assistance from the Cake Family and the whole Apple Family. Fluttershy rehearsed with her song bird choir, and Rarity worked on decorations. Starlight Glimmer oversaw the preparations with Trixie Lulamoon and Sunburst assisting her. Starlight thoroughly went over her checklist.

“You know Starlight. You are really starting to act like Twilight.” Trixie said.

“Really? You think so? I never thought about that.” Starlight replied.

Starlight, Trixie, and Sunburst then met up with Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity.

“Hello everypony. How are the preparations?” Starlight asked her friends.

“I cleared away all the clouds.” Rainbow said proudly.

“Everything is marvelous.” Rarity answered while feeling pleased with herself.

“I can’t wait for Twilight to try the cakes I made for her!” Pinkie got excited while bouncing up and down.

“Good, good, and… Oh! Look who have just arrived!” Starlight noticed the royal family from the Crystal Empire.

“Princess Cadence, Shining Armor, and Flurry Heart. Welcome!” Starlight greeted the couple and their daughter.

“Hello to you too, Starlight.” Cadence returned the greeting. “We’re so glad that we can be here today. Flurry Heat has been looking forward to seeing Twilight the most.”

Celestia and Luna, former princesses of Equestria, as well as Twilight’s parents, Twilight Velvet and Night Light, also arrived at Ponyville for the occasion.

“Celestia! Luna! Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle! Great to have you here!” Pinkie cheerfully welcomed them.

“It’s so wonderful to see all of you.” Celestia said with a warm smile.

“How’s retirement?” Applejack asked.

“Calm and relaxing. Just like how we want it.” Luna answered.

The Young Six also gathered.

“Hey there! Happy that you six can join us.” Rainbow greeted Sandbar, Smolder, Ocellus, Gallus, Yona, and Silverstream.

“We’re glad to be here too.” Sandbar replied.

“Yona and friends cannot wait to see Twilight again!” The yak said with joy.

“So um, has anyone seen Discord?” Starlight asked.

“Nope, haven’t seen him all day.” Rainbow answered.

“I’m sure he’ll be here soon.” Fluttershy assured.

“Oooooooh! Look whose coming!?” Silverstream excitedly pointed at the sky.

A chariot pulled by a pair of pegasi arrived and on it is Twilight Sparkle herself and her royal advisor, Spike.

Once Twilight and Spike stepped off the chariot, they are met with a warm reception. The Young Six went up to her first and gave their greetings to their former teacher.

“Auntie Twilight!” Flurry Heart immediately flew to her aunt.

Twilight gave her niece a warm hug. “Flurry! How’s my favorite niece doing?” She then turned her attention to her other friends and family. “Everypony! I have finally arrived! I had a lot of tasks to complete before coming, but I’m here now to take part in this celebration with all of you!” Twilight noticed that Discord is absent. “Where’s Discord?”

“We haven’t seen him yet. But knowing him, I’m sure he’s somewhere close by preparing to pull some kind of prank.” Starlight answered.

Twilight and Cadence approached each other and performed their ladybug dance before hugging each other. Twilight then went on to hug each of her other friends and family.

“Now that we are all here, LET’S PARTY!!!!!!” Pinkie shouted with great enthusiasm. The others wholeheartedly agreed.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a large puff of smoke appeared with a thunderous noise, and this alerted Twilight and the others. When the smoke cleared, ten strange-looking unicorns all wearing light-red cloaks emerged.

“We meet at last, Twilight Sparkle!” said the one who is standing in front of his peers. “If you’re wondering about your friend Discord, we sealed him away in the chaos dimension.”

Fluttershy was alarmed by that statement. “Discord is trapped there!” The rest of her friends were surprised too.

“W-who are you?” Twilight asked with both curiosity and concern.

“We are the Order of Scarlet Night! And we are here… TO DECLARE WAR!!!!!” The leader said menacingly.

“Declare war?! But why?!” Twilight as well as her friends and family were confused by this sudden declaration.

“The Order of Scarlet Night? I never heard of them.” Celestia stated.

“4000 years ago, we undertook a mission to destroy this land! And now, we have returned to finish the job!”

Rainbow Dash wasn’t going to hear any more of this. “I don’t know who you ponies are or where you came from, but if you’ve come looking for a fight, then you got one!”

“Rainbow Dash! Wait!” Twilight shouted.

Rainbow Dash flew towards the leader with incredible speed, intending to tackle him. She then crashed hard against a magical barrier. One of the other unicorns then struck the pegasus with a lightning bolt, sending her flying back to her friends.

“Rainbow Dash!” Her friends screeched. The bolt was nonlethal, but it still hurt as Rainbow Dash was lying on the ground in pain.

“Listen well Twilight Sparkle! And everycreature of Equestria! Very soon, you will all face destruction, the likes of which you have never seen before!”

There was then a big flash of light and the unicorns vanished. Twilight’s group was at a loss for words.

“I have a terrible feeling about this.” Fluttershy spoke with fear in her voice.

“Those unicorns were giving me the chills.” Spike said, also feeling uneasy.

The vortex surrounded by dark clouds appeared in the sky above and the swarm of bug-like monsters emerged. The Ponyville residents screamed and panicked. The monsters home in on their target, which is the Council of Friendship. Since Twilight and her friends are grouped together, the monsters go in one direction, towards them. The Mane 7 (including Starlight), Celestia, and Luna prepared to fight while Spike, Trixie, Sunburst, the Young Six, the Crystal Empire royal family, and Twilight’s parents stood back.

What happened next wasn’t what anycreature was expecting. Suddenly, Natsu attacked the lead monster from above and smashed it into the ground with a fist imbued with fire. The other monsters immediately recognized Natsu as a threat and charged at him.

“FIRE DRAGON WING ATTACK!” Natsu ignited two streams of fire from his hands and swung them at the incoming monsters, instantly destroying many more of them in the process.

Happy, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Carla (in her human form), Gajeel, and Panther Lily (in his battle form) arrived at the scene.

“You always have a knack for going straight into danger. ICE-MAKE: HAMMER!” Gray squashed a large number of the monsters with a giant hammer of ice.

“Open! Gate of the Golden Bull, Taurus!” Lucy summoned Taurus. “And now. Star Dress: Taurus form!” Taurus swung his giant axe at the monsters while Lucy attacked with the whip in her hand.

“IRON DRAGON LANCE: DEMON LOGS!” Gajeel launched a large number of iron spears at their enemies multiple times in rapid succession.

“SKY DRAGON WAVE WIND!” Wendy also pitched in by attacking the monsters with a tornado.

Carla also fought using swift and powerful kicks.

Erza and Panther Lily attacked with their swords. In a few seconds flat, they cut down numerous monsters. A wasp monster charged at Erza with its stinger, but Erza simply sliced the monster in half.

As for Happy, he just watched from the sidelines.

Twilight Sparkle, her friends, her family, and every resident of Ponyville watched as the battle went on. They were completely awestruck as they witnessed a small group decimating an army of fearsome monsters with little to no effort. They also paid attention to what some of the strange bipedal beings were saying whenever they attack. They heard words like Fire Dragon, Ice-Make, Sky Dragon, and Iron Dragon. Twilight herself noticed that they look like the humans from the world Sunset Shimmer lives in, but wondered if they are actually humans at all.

Eventually, the strange beings destroyed all the monsters.

“Is this all of them?” Natsu asked.

“It appears so.” Erza said.

However, the vortex in the sky remained and a new monster arrived. It is a massive gigantic creature resembling a rhinoceros beetle and it stands around twenty meters tall.

“Looks like we got a big one.” Gajeel said without any worry.

The giant monster then charged at the wizards.

“REQUIP: THE KNIGHT!” Erza instantly dons her Heaven’s Wheel Armor. She then summoned hundreds of swords and launched them at the monster.

“ICE-MAKE: LANCE!” Gray attacked with multiple ice lances.

Lucy returned Taurus to the Celestial Spirit World. “Open Gate of the Archer, Sagittarius!” After she summoned her next Celestial Spirit, “Star Dress: Sagittarius Form!” Both Lucy and Sagittarius then fired a volley of magical arrows.

After taking all that punishment, the monster’s mouth then glowed orange as smoke came out of it. It then released a large torrent of fire. Natsu went in front of the flames and swallowed it all up.

All the spectators watched this with wide eyes and jaws dropping. They were all thinking, “DID THAT CREATURE ACTUALLY ATE ALL THOSE FLAMES?!!!!!!!”

“I wonder what fire tastes like” Pinkie became curious.

“Heh, Let’s show this monster how to really roar. FIRE DRAGON….”

“SKY DRAGON….”

“IRON DRAGON….”

“..…ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAR!!!!” From their mouths, Natsu, Wendy, and Gajeel unleashed tornadoes of fire, wind, and iron simultaneously. This combination attack severely damaged the monster and knocked it down.

All the spectators were now thinking, “WHAT KIND OF CREATURES ARE THEY?!!!!!!

The monster was not yet finished as it was slowly getting back up. However, before it got back on its feet, Natsu leaped towards it.

“FIRE DRAGON KING DESTRUCTION FIST!!!!” Natsu attacked with a fist empowered by intense devastating flames.

That was the finishing blow. The monster wailed as its body burned and crumbled.

With the monster’s destruction, the dark vortex in the sky disappeared.

Chapters Next