• Published 27th Feb 2021
  • 486 Views, 20 Comments

Bucket of Apples (Speedwriting Anthology) - applejackofalltrades



Collection of speedwrites or other things that are either too short to be their own thing/don't deserve to be their own thing. (mistakes will be made)

  • ...
4
 20
 486

Interesting Dates for Interesting Ponies (Panic!)

The most interesting of couples sat in front of Twilight.

In reality, Twilight herself thought she was plain; boring, at best. Why did they ask her to join them? They were both so cool, and she was just so… normal. A glance to the ponies that sat across from her made Twilight blush and adjust her fork with a hoof. “So, what do you girls usually do on a date?”

Applejack looked at Rainbow Dash, who looked at Applejack. “To be honest with ya, we usually do a lot of what Rainbow Dash calls ‘cool things’, but a lot of it involves runnin’ and competin’. We figured you wouldn’t be into that on an empty stomach.”

Oh, great. Applejack just said that Twilight wasn’t cool. At least, she implied it. Twilight smiled nervously. “Oh! Well, don’t let me stop you. We could do that next time if you want.”

Rainbow Dash stuffed a fork of salad in her mouth and nodded. “Mhm!”

The restaurant was hardly anything special or fancy. Low budget furniture for ponies on a low budget date. She still didn’t understand. Why did they ask her? All she ever did really was read and send letters to Princess Celestia. The only way to get an answer was to ask. “Hey, so I have a question.”

“Shoot.” Rainbow Dash grinned through a mouthful of food, which caused Applejack to roll her eyes.

“Well, I’m really flattered you asked me to… date you!” Twilight smiled awkwardly and blushed. “I mean… I really like you both.”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “But?”

Twilight’s mouth twitched. “Not but as in I don’t want to, but but as in why do you want to?”

Rainbow Dash swallowed harshly and slammed a hoof on the table. “Well, duh! You’re super cool!”

“Me? Cool?” Twilight fidgeted in her seat. “I’m sorry, I don’t follow.”

“Yeah, you cool!” Rainbow Dash smiled eagerly at Twilight. “I mean, you totally banded us together to defeat Nightmare Moon and you have all of this knowledge in your eggehead brain and you’re so smart and always have a solution!” If Rainbow Dash noticed Twilight becoming redder than the apples on Applejack’s flank, she didn’t let that stop her. “Plus, you’re definitely super attractive. Almost as hot as me! And that’s saying something.”

Applejack decided it was her turn to take a bite of food, but nodded in agreement with Rainbow Dash. “She’s got a point, Twi.”

Twilight melted into her seat, then sat up straight again. Nopony had ever called her cool before. “You really think so?”

Rainbow Dash nodded. “Definitely! Now come on, eat your food. We were gonna go do that cool stuff after dinner.”

Author's Note:

This one was written for a 10 minute panic on April 4th, 2021. The prompt was simply “Twilight, the most interesting of ponies.” I made a joke about just writing AppleDash with Twilight in it, but someone said “AppleDashLight?” and here we are. No edits, no beta. We die like ponies.

Fun fact: Underrated ship!