• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 186 Views, 2 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze--Rise of a hero volume 3: Rise of the Shadows. - Justafanfictioner



Follow the adventures of Sunlight Blaze, a gifted young unicorn with a heart of gold, a sharp sense of justice and with the dream of becoming the best Superhero, in the world of EG.

  • ...
 2
 186

Chapter 7: Sombracadabra

Two days had passed since the battle with Tirek, of which Sunlight and his friends spent helping with the reparations. The damages done to the city were almost completely repaired. The Mayor even thanked them personally for their help in stopping Tirek's rampage. But little did they knew that in the crowd, Sombra was watching them. Now, Sunlight was in his workshop, working on his suit and other stuff. He analyzed with Twilight a few hours earlier the crystals that he brought back from his interstellar trip on the planet Luminaria. They could be used to amplify magic and Psychic energy quite considerably if used as a amplifier. Or if used for defensive purposes, stock considerable amount of magic in them, magic that could be redirected or used to regain energy. Sunlight had the idea to made a Tiara out of these crystals, for Sunset and incorporating them to his own armor, making it even deadlier. But this project was cut short when he received a phone call from Sombra.

"Do i know you? asked Sunlight. How did you get my phone number?"

"That doesn't have importance, answered Sombra. My name is Sombra, you probably heard that name before. My request is simple. I want to fight you and your friends."

"You are a friend of Tirek, right?" asked Sunlight.

"Yes, and i am as evil as he is, said Sombra. I have with me one of your friends. What's her name? Ah yes, Wallflower Blush."

He saw her being held by the neck by Sombra.

"Release her!!" said Sunlight.

"I will, he said. Bring your friends and meet me at Canterlot's abandoned rock quarry...And she will live"

Sombra ended up the call. Sunlight immediately called Sunset and her friends to explain the situation. In less than 5 minutes, they all arrived at the Rock Quarry. They saw Sombra and a very terrifyied Wallflower Blush crying of fear. When he saw them, he smiled and released his hostage, who ran in the arms of Sunset.

"Did he hurt you? asked Sunlight. Because i am going to demolish his face if he did!"

"He...He...Didn't hurt me, she answered. Not physically. He screwed with my mind and showed me my fears, it was horrible and awful!!"

Sunlight and Sunset stared madly at Sombra. Without any warning, Sunlight sucker-punched him in the face, sending the villain crashing against a boulder. Before he could get up, Sunset then used telekinesis to lift Sombra and flung him around the quarry like a pinball and finally crush him against the ground. Wallflower smiled timidly. Sombra got up and laughed like a maniac.

"Solid right you have there, Sunlight, said Sombra. I almost feel it on my jaw. And your psychic power is really interesting, my dear Sunset Shimmer. Now, my turn to show you what i am capable of."

Sombra teleported behind Sunlight and tried to stab him with a sword made of a black crystal. Sunlight turned back and parried the attack with a magic light blade. Sombra kicked him in the chest and Sunlight was knocked against a big boulder. Sunset went to attack Sombra, but he grabbed her by the neck and threw her away violently. Chrysalis turned into a gorilla and tried to hit Sombra. The villain parried the attack and sent her flying back on a pile of rock. Rainbow Dash and Applejack tried to tag-team him, Sombra grabbed Rainbow's arm and then used her as a human shield. Applejack stopped her punch and the villain threw Dash against her. Pinkie Pie blasted him with sprinkles bombs. Sombra koffed and tried to move the smoke and sprinkle dust away. Fluttershy looked around for animals. Twilight threw a rock at Sombra with her powers, that he pulverised with one punch.

"Pfft, pathetic, he said. I wonder how you gave Tirek so much difficulty. None of your pathetic attacks can affect me."

He was blasted in the back by two magic beams, one coming from Sunlight and the other, from Sunset, and grunted of pain.

"Attacking from behind, i see, said Sombra. What a cheap trick. Too scared to attack me directly."

"Us, coward? You are the one that used Rainbow Dash as a human shield" said Applejack.

"That was sarcasm, said Sombra. I don't care what strategy you use against me, i will still beat you, all of you. You are mere bugs to me."

"So cocky and full of himself, said Applejack. And i thought Rainbow Dash was full of herself"

"Hey, i am not full of myself!!" she answered.

Sombra teleported in front of Sunlight and punched him. Sunlight took the punch and punched Sombra back, in the face. The villain gave another punch to the hero, and Sunlight stroke back with another one to the nose. The accelerated the speed of their punches gradually, each one landing blows in succession. The clash finally stopped when both of them punched each other in the face at the same time and got knocked back.

"Not bad, kid, said Sombra. But not enough!!"

Sombra charged in direction of Sunlight, with a scythe made of black crystals. Sunset tried to reach his mind to immobilize him. Sombra slowed down and held his head.

"Get...Out...of my head!!" he said.

Sombra rejected her from his mind, and looked at her, a bit pissed. Sunlight used that moment of distraction to hit him with a point blank magic projectile in the chest. The explosion launched Sombra in the air and made him crash violently against a giant boulder. Sombra got back on his feet pretty quickly and tried stabbing Sunlight with his scythe. The hero parried the first blows but a shadow kick from Sombra knocked him back violently and making him starting losing balance. The villain immediately used that short moment of vulnerability and tried to stab him a last time. But Twilight knocked the scythe from his hands. Applejack threw Rainbow Dash on Sombra and she kicked him in the face hard. Pinkie Pie fired at him a ball made of hard candy from her party cannon that created a big explosion. Sunlight got up and started charging a magic projectile that he threw at Sombra.

"Did we got him?" asked Fluttershy.

The area around them was suddenly covered of big chunks of black crystals and shadow lightings started coming out of the cloud of smoke. They heard a maniacal laugh and stayed on their guards.

"You are full of surprises, said Sombra. I have to give you that. No matter how bad things get, you always seem to find a way out. I am done playing with you, time to get serious."

Sunlight tried to fire a beam of magic, but for some reason, it misfired and hit Twilight instead.

"Hey, why did you do that? she asked. I am your ally!!"

"I swear, i was aiming at this creep!!" answered Sunlight.

Rainbow Dash tried using her superspeed, but she went too fast and smashed her body against a boulder. One of Pinkie Pie's sprinkle bombs suddenly exploded on her, knocking her out. Twilight tried to grab Sombra with her magic, but grabbed Fluttershy instead. Chrysalis, her, started transforming incontrollably and randomly. Sunset's accidently read the memories of Rarity when she was taking her shower and closed her eyes from the shock. Rarity's powers were somehow not affected and she stabbed Sombra in the back with a sharp crystal.

"You...You fucking bitch!! he said, groaning of pain and anger. You will pay for that!!"

Rarity didn't let herself get scared and threw a couple of diamond discs at Sombra. He blocked them with his own magic crystals.

"That magic of yours is quite interesting, he said. But it is no match against my magic."

Rarity stopped attacking and started defending herself. Sombra smashed her shields with his fist and grabbed her by the neck. Before he could do anything, Sunlight smashed into him with his armor equipped and swiped his face against the ground. Sombra tried to get up, but Sunlight put his foot on his face and held him against the ground.

"Stay down, he said. Don't force me to..."

Sombra turned back, grabbed Sunlight feet and made him fall on the ground. He got back on his feet and so did Sunlight shortly after.

"That's some nice armor you got there, said Sombra. Show me what it can do!"

Sombra lauched at him a ball of dark magic that Sunlight blocked with his arms. The villain touched the ground with his hands and sharp dark crystal spikes came out of it, searching to impale Sunlight. He activated his rocket boots and flight trusters to gain height, and avoided the deadly spikes.

"My turn" said Sunlight.

The right arm of his armor turned into a small cannon that he used to shot magic fire balls at the villain. Sombra shielded himself with a wall of dark crystal. Sunlight increased the power of the cannon to shot a more powerful fireball, that lightly crackled Sombra's crystal barrier. Sunlight's felt a pain in all his body, due to the fact he was draining his own magic pool to get the armor to work. (He was working earlier on a way to get over that problem)

"We have to get rid of those dark crystals, he thought. Or else, we are all going to take a beating."

Sunlight rushed at Sombra from the air, this one smiled and made a barrier to protect himself. Sunlight flipped back and landed foot firsts on his barrier, jumped above, got behind him and blasted him with a powerful beam of magic. Sombra shouted of pain and kicked him in the chest so hard that Sunlight felt the pain of it. Sombra grabbed the helmet and started beating up Sunlight. Sunset saw this but was powerless to help him.

"Sunlight!! she yelled. Damn it, we have to do something about those crystals!! Wait, Rarity, i noticed earlier that your magic was not affected by them"

"Probably because both of their magics are crystal based, said Twilight. Rarity, i think your power might be the key to defeat Sombra."

"How? she asked. When we clashed, his magic overpowered mine!"

"Try something, said Twilight. I don't know, maybe transmute his dark crystals into something else?"

"We have nothing to lose, said Fluttershy, I don't think Sunlight is gonna hold Sombra for much longer. You have to try!"

Rarity walked to one of Sombra's dark crystal and touched it. Her magic geode started to glow intensively. Meanwhile, Sombra beat the shit out of Sunlight until he could no longer sustain the armor with energy. The villain was smiling as Sunlight felt on his knees. Seeing that he was in trouble, Cinder miraculously came out from the sky and pecked Sombra with her claws and beak.

"Leave my master alone, you brute!!!" she said furiously.

Sunset also came to her brother's rescue, and jumped on Sombra's back. He threw her above his shoulder and against Sunlight. Cinder spew a powerful torrent of blue flames on Sombra, who screamed of pain.

"You think you can beat me, foolish bird? asked Sombra. I will break you neck and make a dress out of your feathers."

"I am immortal, she said. You can break my neck, i will just turn to dust and revive shortly after."

Rarity fainted shortly.

"I am sorry, girls, i can't...she said. I can't...I'm sorry."

Sombra smiled and removed all the black crystals. Everyone was surprised by this sudden move from the villain.

"Wait? what are you doing?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

He laughed.

"You showed me enough for today, he answered. I was not expecting you to put such a challenge against me deprived of your magic powers. You earned my respect, and for such, i shall let you live and get stronger for our next battle. Adios!"

A magic portal opened behind him and he disappeared.

"That portal, can it be...?" asked Sunset.

"It's the same portal that Tirek took to get away last time, answered Sunlight. I guess he is also working with Moonlight as well. Someone can carry me? i've fallen and can't get up...He he he...Ugh.."

"Don't worry, Master, said Cinder. I am here to help!"

She landed on his torso and started glowing of a blue light. Sunlight felt his energy coming back little by little until he was completely energized. Sunlight then healed his Sister's injuries and those of his friends.

"I didn't knew you could talk, Cinder" said Sunset.

"Me neither" said Sunlight.

Fluttershy raised her hand.

"It's me, she said. Twilight, remember when your device stole my magic back to the Friendship Games and Spike accidentally got caught in the flow?"

"Yeah, after this, she said. Spike was able to speak like a human. Wait, did you do the same thing for Cinder?"

"Yes, she said. I thought it would make you happy, Sunlight, to have a talking pet. You are not mad, i hope"

"That's a very nice gift, said Sunlight, hugging her. Thank you, Fluttershy."

She blushed.

"Well, i am glad to hear that" she said.

"Let's return home, said Sunset. This day have been rough"

Sombra reappeared in the meeting room. Tirek and Stygian looked at him.

"Congrats, said Stygian. You were amazing!"

"I know, said Sombra. Try to top that performance when your turn will come"

"Show-off" said Tirek.

"Don't be jealous, Tirek" said Sombra.

He then left the room and looked for Moonlight.

"How did you find my performance?" he asked.

"You did fine, he said. Better than Tirek, for sure."

"You realize i could have kill them if i wanted too right? said Sombra. I didn't because you ordered so. Something you were not able to do yourself"

"Those crystals of your gave you the advantage, said Moonlight. You only owe your victory to them and them alone. And be careful not to speak to me like that. I became much more powerful since last time i fought them."

"I don't doubt, he said. Besides, didn't you told me that if i did a good performance in battle, you would let me have my ways with you?"

"I said i MIGHT let you, said Moonlight. And after insulting me one minute ago, this is even more unlikely to happen."

"Meh, i'm not surprised, said Sombra. You could not handle this stallion anyway."

"It's you who couldn't handle me, he said. Anyway, if you think i would sleep with you, you wish"

"Don't lie to yourself, said Sombra. I'll let my room open for you"

He left without looking back. Moonlight came back to his room and sat of his bed. He started thinking about Sombra and without realizing, had turned into a girl and was enjoying himself at the same time.

"What? she said. When did that happen? I started thinking about that big idiot a few minutes and there i am, pleasuring myself, and as a girl. Oh, screw it..."

She left her room and went to the one of Sombra. She opened his door. He was waiting on his bed, reading an erotic novel. She knocked his book off his hands and faced him.

"Took you long enough, he said. I guess you couldn't hold that urge of yours to have sex any longer..."

"Shut up, she said. If you told about this to anyone else, you are dead"

Sombra closed and locked the door.