• Published 13th Sep 2012
  • 4,775 Views, 32 Comments

A Return to Form - dracolord85



Princess Luna has been returned to Equestria, but has everything truly gone fairytale perfect?

  • ...
5
 32
 4,775

Chapter 7: Reunion

Disclaimer – I own none of the cannon characters, settings, or locations contained herein. All ownership credit goes to Hasbro/Lauren Faust respectively.
Chapter 7: Reunion

Several weeks had passed since the fall of Nightmare Moon, and the rise of Luna to her place on the dual throne of Equestria. Though she was still grief stricken in private, Luna managed to put on a brave face while she was in public view. It of course helped that her sister was always on hoof to lend her support, which she appreciated to no end. Luna found that she was able to stave off the sadness somewhat if she kept herself busy during the nights. This turned out not to be difficult, as she had discovered there was stacks of planning and work ahead of her just in achieving the basic changes to her wing of the castle. What truly drove her forward however was the desire to not see Nightmare’s sacrifice go to waste.

Though there were many ponies that desired to meet with her after news of her transformation and return to power had spread, Luna herself was more comfortable easing slowly back into the social view. As much as she desired their love and admiration, the thought of being surrounded by so many ponies was truly terrifying. In contrast, her embarrassment over the attention she began to receive when walking the halls slowly subsided until she was left with a warm feeling each time even so much as a simple bow or hello was issued to her. Slowly, the ponies of the castle were getting to know what had once been the mysterious and unseen Princess of the Night. She even began to find amusement in the squabbling she overheard when guards would fight over who would get one of the increasingly coveted posts on her shift.

True to her word, Celestia had sent a letter inviting their brother and niece to Canterlot Castle. Luna had insisted on being brought up to speed with what her brother had been doing since his exile, and was eager to learn of her newfound niece. Much to her shock, she was told that the seemingly all knowing Celestia did not know altogether much about what had happened with her brother or what he was currently up to. Apparently, Terra had traveled northwest to areas beyond the mountains at Equestria’s border, and had eventually created a home for himself. His presence became known and eventually as more creatures of just about every race gathered to his new home, it had become a village, then a city, until at last they had such a population as to declare themselves a new nation, the sovereign state of Titania. Celestia had recognized its independence, although she had never formed any political ties to the new nation.

Perhaps more intriguing yet were the reports that Celestia had received though secondhand stories from those that had travelled to or from Titania. Terra had only issued one decree for his citizens to follow, and that was that they were not to use their talents to influence the natural world around them. Pegasi and griffons did not influence the weather, and earth ponies and diamond dogs did not bend plant or soil to their own ends. Rather, all citizens of Titania were encouraged to ignore the typical racial job typecasting and stretch themselves to find a calling that made them happy and benefitted their nation as a whole. Thus, with no concern for micro managing nature, they had progressed to a level of scientific and cultural advancement not seen in any other nation. Even their form of government was different. After the establishment of their nation, Terra had refused to be treated as royalty, instead he was installed a permanent figurehead authority who exercised little power. Representatives were elected at regular intervals to positions of authority, where they would conduct the business of government and then step down after their term.

Apparently, the only diplomatic envoy from Titania had been Terra’s daughter, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. She had expressed a desire to see the world and visit the aunts that she had never met before. Thus, she was welcomed to Equestria as family by Celestia, although the two never discussed her father since Cadenza knew he was a sore subject for the elder princess. She had been staying in Equestria about a decade before she had been asked by Celestia to watch her new student Twilight Sparkle when she was too busy to attend to her lessons. This was also how the young princess had met Twilight’s older brother and new recruit to the royal guards, Shining Armor. From what Celestia could gather without directly asking her, Cadenza had developed deeper feelings for the fresh guard than either was willing to admit. All in all, the young princess sounded like a charming young alicorn that Luna could not wait to get acquainted with.

Although being brought up to speed with her family and the world around her was fascinating, Luna had recently taken to spending part of her nights alone in the sanctuary above Mount Canterlot. Celestia knew that Luna still needed her space and time to mourn the loss of Nightmare in private, and so said nothing about it. Luna spent her time in the sanctuary indulging in memories of the past spent with Nightmare, and when feeling more productive, cleaning up some of the damage that her failed spell had caused. It was during one such night of restoration that all hell seemed to break loose.

Clearing away a pile of rubble with her magic and restoring the pieces of what had been a statue of a truly ancient elder alicorn spirit, Luna worked mechanically and slowly. After restoring most of the larger chunks of stone, she noticed a glimmer in the remains. Confused she trotted up to the loose stones and cleared them away to reveal a diamond about the size of her hoof. Focusing her powerful night vision in the dim sanctuary, she saw that while most diamonds were usually somewhat white in color, this stone was onyx black and perfectly cut. Sitting on her haunches before it, she grasped the stone in her hooves and lifted it from the debris around it. What she saw next took her breath away for a moment before she launched into action and went careening down the mountain side back to the castle.

With her guards struggling valiantly to keep up with the focused night princess, she wove her way through the castle at breakneck speed towards her sister’s quarters. Once there she scattered the two posted guards and practically blew the doors off the hinges as she barged in with unrestrained force. The explosion of noise caused her sister to spring awake in a panic, only to get her limbs tangled in the bed sheets and fall off the side of her bed with an undignified squawking yelp. As Luna waited, practically bouncing on her hooves, Celestia untangled herself and leveled an irritated glare at her sister.

“Luna, what is the meaning of this!? You nearly gave me a heart attack!”

“Sister! I was in the sanctuary just shortly ago and thou shall never guess what I found!”

“Please Luna, go slowly, I am not quite together yet.” Celestia sighed as she attempted to clear the sleep from her mind.

“I was restoring one of the statues near the back. It had fallen into a pile of rubble during the failure of mine spell. Once near completion, something reflected in the moonlight and drew my attention, look!”

From Luna’s nebulous mane, a large gem floated forth, before being grasped in several strands like a dragon’s talon and held before Celestia. It was abnormally large for a gem and pitch black in color, which was also odd. The facets had lines of light blue energy tracing slowly along their edges. Stranger still was the image encased within the stone, a white half moon, resting on a patch of gray clouds underneath it. Reaching forth with a hoof to touch the stone, Celestia froze when she made contact. She felt a massive amount of energy from within the stone, energy that was both cool and comforting, but had a clear edge beneath it that spoke of an opposite nature as well. Withdrawing her hoof she looked at her eager sister while she decided what to tell her.

“Tia, dost thou know what this is? It clearly does not belong to the statue I found it with, and I have never seen something like it before. Hast thou?”

“Yes… Maybe… Look, Luna, I don’t want to get your hopes up. I have an idea, and I may have seen one example of something like this in the distant past. I hesitate to say anything without really knowing for sure.” Celestia cautiously explained.

“Please Tia! I must know, I have suspicions from my contact with the stone. Surely thou felt similar energies when physical contact was made? What is this thing?”

“…Terra would know…” Celestia ventured.


---- Several Days Later ----


Luna had waited patiently, if not anxiously for the arrival of her brother in Canterlot. She had kept the strange stone within her mane at all times since she found it. Luna could swear that she almost felt the presence of Nightmare Moon when she held the gem in her hooves, but it was different. Her sister had refused to say any more about the strange jewel, although it was clear that she had her suspicions about it. However, her wait was now over, for today her brother and niece were expected to arrive at the castle.

Everything had been prepared with the utmost attention to detail and the entire castle glimmered in the bright sunlight even more than usual. Luna had spent her previous night resting so that she was fully awake and alert in the middle of the day, today was too important to adhere to her nocturnal patterns. Not but ten minutes ago, the guard bells had been rung as the entourage from Titania approached the outer gates of the castle town. A small crowd had formed initially but soon kept a distance as the Titanians were cleared into the city by a very nervous looking royal guard.

Drawing a large and completely enclosed heavy iron carriage was an adult dragoness, her green scales shining brightly as she cleared the path before them with her very presence. In the air just above the dragon and carriage combo, a platoon mixed with armor clad griffons and pegasi kept close watch of everything around them. Trailing behind the carriage was another company of earth ponies, unicorns, and diamond dogs, more heavily armored and scanning for any threats in the streets. They made their way towards the castle, led by a group of royal guards that could not help but shoot the occasional glance at the dragon following them closely.

As the carriage came to a stop in the central air chariot hanger, the Titanian guards formed up around the vehicle. A unicorn stepped up to the double door and opened half of it wide using his magic. Stepping down immediately was a young pink alicorn mare that could be none other than Princess Cadence. She smiled as she noticed Celestia and her eyes lit up with excitement as she saw the dark alicorn standing beside her, but she did not move from where she stood yet. The same unicorn as before opened the other door to widen the carriage entry, while something inside caused the entire carriage to shift and rock. As Cadence started to look back into the carriage expectantly, Terra emerged.

To every pony present it seemed as though a boulder had emerged from the carriage. To say he was solidly built was an understatement. Though not fat in any way, his stature looked as though none could move him if he didn’t want to. His coat was a dark, brownish gray color, similar to a piece of slate stone. He had the typical long, sharp horn and broad wings of an alicorn. His mid length mane and tail were not like the drifting form of the two sisters, the deep blue hair seemed to flow straight downwards like rushing water, even being mixed with streaks of white every so often to complete the effect. On his flank was an image of a strong oak tree, representing his power over the earth, and all things born from it. He stood just taller than Celestia, though nopony was sure if this meant Celestia was tall or Terra was short. His strong, deep brown eyes narrowed almost imperceptibly as his gaze met Celestia’s, but softened when he looked down to see Cadence nuzzling his shoulder. Straightening himself, Terra strode forth to meet his sisters.

As he approached, Luna noticed that he wore no regalia like they did. The only accessory on him was a simple laurel crown made of actual twigs, and it was clear he did not wear it regularly as his ears kept flicking every time the crown brushed them. Terra stopped within reach of his siblings and regarded Celestia for a moment.

“Greetings Celestia, it has been quite some time, and welcome back to you dear Luna.” He spoke in his deep rumbling voice, nodding towards Celestia and smiling warmly at Luna.

“Terra, I-” Celestia began, only to get cut off as Luna launched herself at the stallion.

Slamming into Terra only proved his solidity, as Luna felt like she had tried to tackle a brick wall. Shaking her head clear of the stars in her vision, she reared up and wrapped her fore legs around his neck in a tight embrace. Somewhat surprised for a moment, Terra responded by lifting a single massive fore hoof and hugging his little sister back, gently. Celestia sat where she was, somewhat awkwardly, as the tension between her and Terra did not yet allow that kind of interaction. Still, she had to smile a bit, as the scene reminded her of her and Luna embracing in their old castle after her return. As the hug ended, Terra gestured to his side where Cadence patiently sat.

“Luna, may I present my daughter, Mi Amore Cadenza.”

“Ah, well met niece. It brings us joy to know our family carries on so well.”

“Please just call me Cadence, I am so happy to finally meet you Aunt Luna!” She beamed as Luna sat back and spread her forelegs to welcome her niece into a hug as well.

“Indeed, but it would seem thou art somewhat eager to join in the company of mine sister’s guard captain, Sir Armor, as well.” Luna gave her niece a knowing look.

“W-What? But I didn’t even… When did you…” Cadence flustered as her face went crimson.

“Mine eyes see everything in the darkest of night, there is little that a pony can hide from me.” Luna smiled like a cat with a trapped mouse.

“Indeed, I am eager to meet Sir Armor, as well. Especially as this is the first I have heard of him.” Terra looked towards his daughter with a raised eyebrow.

“I was going to tell you about us during the trip daddy, honest.” Cadence mumbled as she scuffed a hoof along the marble floor.

“Go ahead dear; you can meet up with us later. Just make sure to bring the good captain to dinner with you, alright?” Celestia interjected thoughtfully.

Getting the nod from her father, Cadence trotted off to go find her captain. Though she knew her father was fairly easy going about most things she still felt nervous about introducing them in a situation she was forced into. Watching until Cadence turned the corner the three alicorn siblings sat in silence for a moment before Celestia spoke once more.

“Shall we adjourn to a more comfortable location?”

“Very well, seeing as it is your castle, lead the way.” Terra nodded.

“Lord Terra! Shall we accompany you?” One of his griffon guards spoke up.

“I don’t want to bore any of you with watching a closed door. Go hang out around the castle town, just don’t cause any trouble.” Terra informed, casually dismissing his guards to their own devices.

After a sharp salute from every Titanian creature present, they all broke up and began forming exploration groups. Most of them were set to gather souvenirs for family waiting on them back home. Luna looked a little shocked that he was so informal with his soldiers, but in the end it only served to confirm what she had been told about his lack of care for assuming authority with his people. Taking the activity as their cue, the alicorns turned to the castle doors and began their walk.

Though the trip to the nearest lounge room that Celestia steered them towards was not long, the silence that was observed was somewhat unnerving. Every member of castle staff that they ran across either gaped in awe or shied away from the presence of the new alicorn. Terra himself didn’t really mind since he had never cared very much what others thought of him. Terra finally broke the silence after they entered a sitting room and closed the door.

“Alright Celestia, what is this about? As happy as I am to see Luna healthy and with us again I am confused by your invitation. You have not said a word to me for so very long and then out of the blue you send me a personal invite to your castle with only vague explanation.”

“Terra, I- I just want to start out with saying I am sorry. I was stubborn and foolish to be that way for so long. I want us to be a family again.”

“Oh? And just what brought that revelation on?”

“Having Luna’s life threatened before me was enough to make me understand your reasons behind your actions all those years ago.” Celestia closed her eyes and bowed her head.

“Explain.” Terra slowly nodded.

Thus, over the next few hours the sisters traded turns with each other recounting the events of the past few weeks and their confrontation with the Spirits of Harmony. Luna was particularly keen to shore up Nightmare Moon’s heroic image as the martyr. Though skeptical at first, it all made enough sense in the end to the stallion. Celestia had never been very good at lying, and though one of Luna’s specialties was misdirection he could feel that the two were being completely honest in what they were telling him. Towards the end Celestia had detected a hint of impatience in Luna’s voice, that coupled with the way she had began to shuffle her hooves a bit prompted her to sigh before turning to her little sister.

“Luna dear, I know you are burning to ask Terra your question, so go ahead. Just please promise that you will accept whatever he tells you, even if it is not what you want to hear.”

Turning to Terra, Luna proceeded to remove a large black gem from the null space contained in her mane. Terra cocked his head to the side in confusion and stepped towards his youngest sister slowly. Luna formed an ethereal talon from her mane and used it to hold the gem towards her brother. Sitting on his haunches before her, Terra slowly, and reverently, took the gem in his fore hooves after receiving a nod from her.

“Luna, where did you get this?”

“I was cleaning up the sanctuary on the mountain top a few nights ago, upon restoring the statue of one of our ancestors, this gem reflected the moonlight and caught mine attention. Tis not within the norm for gems of any kind, that much I know. It appears to have that image sealed within it of the moon and clouds, and the energy that radiates along the facets is most strange. What’s more, upon picking it up I felt the most incredible feeling that reminded me of Nightmare Moon.”

Seeing Terra absorbed in examining the stone before him Luna continued.

“Brother, Tia said she had suspicions of what it was but would most vehemently not tell me. She said thou wouldst know, doth thou? Tis not a natural thing this gem, and it was not in the sanctuary before our confrontation with Harmony.” Luna finished as Terra set the gem down before her.

Rising from the plush rug that he sat on to walk over to one of the large windows, he sat in silent contemplation of what he should do. He knew what the gem was, although he had not seen one in a very long time. He could certainly tell Luna what the stone was, but what if she could not accept what it meant? What would be the repercussions of what she would certainly ask for once he told her? There would be no going back once he told her, and yet it would likely be safer if he offered his assistance. Hearing a commotion from the grounds below, he noticed several of Celestia’s pegasus guards shouting in indignation and frustration as they noticed that the dragoness, Jade Fang, of his entourage had wrapped herself around one of the higher castle spires and proceeded to nap in the sun. Seeing the commotion something out of the norm caused in the high strung guard made up his mind for him, this castle needed some shaking up.

As the silence stretched on, Celestia began to fear that they had angered their brother by showing him the gem. Just as she was about to voice her concerns, Terra turned back to face them, his face calm and reserved as usual. Returning to stand before Luna and looking her straight in the eye, he picked up the gem in his magical grasp and held it between them.

“Luna, your sister has seen one of these gems once before. The last time she saw one was immediately after I bound the soul of my dying honor guard and best friend into a gem similar to this one. For that act I was banished from Equestria and labeled as a heretic.”

“Terra I-” Celestia began.

“And for that I could not be more grateful.” Terra cut her off while stunning both of his sisters.

“For in my expulsion, I found more friends to ease my pain. I founded a whole new nation, and stepped aside to allow them to become the great power that they are today. But I digress; the Soul Gem that I created was wrought from a mortal pony. Though I infused it with as much magic as I could then wield, a pony that was made mortal cannot be made immortal. The gem I created lasted another four hundred years before its light gave out and my loyal friend passed on.”

“Brother, I am so sorry.” Luna said as she bowed her head in sympathy.

“Don’t be dear Luna, for although he passed, we had plenty of extra time to come to terms with his future. Now, this gem here is nothing like the one that I created in my younger days. From what I can see, the structure is perfect, and there is no decay in energy. Somepony’s soul is in this gem, and they will never fade.”

Luna looked awestruck as she gently took the Soul Gem in her magic and looked reverently at it. Whatever was in the gem would not die, and it would be around as long as she was. If things got better between her brother and sister, she may regain her family as well as a new friend who would never leave her throughout the long years. Eagerly, she looked to her brother with her most pressing question.

“Brother, can you tell who resides within the gem? I must know!”

“Not quite little sister. In this state, the best you can hope for are vague impressions and emotions if you connect to it psychically. Which is why after I created my first Soul Gem, I worked out a way of building a vessel through which the soul could communicate and interact with the world around it. It ends up being something akin to a golem, an artificial body that the soul is put in command of. And because I already know what you will ask next, yes, I can build one of these golems. But, only with the blessing of your sister.”

Luna turned to Celestia with watering eyes about to spill over with the joy of what she had just been told. There was really no way to tell her no, it would both crush their newly repaired relationship as sisters, and dash any hopes of reconciling with her brother. Far simpler was the fact that she had no desire to say no, so she smiled as she spoke to both of her siblings.

“Terra, I want things to be better between us all. You will have my full support in whatever you need to bring about the creation of a body for this creature. Please, just promise that we can at least try to bring our family back together.”

“I can promise that I will try to put the past behind me, but you may have a hard time of trying to improve your image amongst the citizens of my country. Since our founding they have spread stories of you as the uncaring tyrant who cast her own brother from her sight for trying to save his friend. To that end it may be best if Luna were to lead the bridge building process between our countries.” Terra said with a nod in Luna’s direction.

“I do regret my actions brother, all the more as I have time to reflect on them, but I understand the reaction your citizens have embraced. Perhaps letting Luna lead the way will be for the best. After all, what better way could there be to reintroduce her to the world at large than spearheading a major political bonding?” Celestia agreed with a sad yet hopeful look in her eyes as she turned to Luna.

Though she was excited about finding out who, or what was within the Soul Gem, Luna felt some anxiety over being put in charge of forming relations with Titania. If she were dealing directly with her brother, that would have been easy enough, but Terra did not run the government of his country. She would need to relate directly with the ponies that were in charge and convince them through diplomacy that allying with Equestria was beneficial for all involved. More pressing right now however was Terra’s agreement to help her with the Soul Gem.

“It is agreed then. Brother, join me in my atelier. There we shall have all of the space and resources necessary for the construction of thy creation. I must make haste to prepare for thy procedure, but please do not tarry long!” Luna proceeded to rush out of the room after volunteering her hall, leaving Terra and Celestia alone.

“…Terra, were you serious about what you said earlier? About being forced out of Equestria?” Celestia asked hesitantly.

“Yes Celestia I was. Though I raged against your arrogance at first, the years have taught me temperance and forgiveness. Well, the years and raising a filly I guess.” He chuckled a bit before continuing, “Point is, I forgave you long ago, and was waiting for you to drop your animosity.”

“The past will be the past brother, but the future is still ours to shape. You don’t know how much this means to me.” Celestia said with a genuine smile.

The two sibling moved close and Celestia crossed her neck with Terra’s in a gentle hug, one that he reciprocated by extending a massive wing over his sister. They held their embrace for a moment, simply enjoying the feeling of being in each other’s good graces. Eventually they parted, and Celestia took the opportunity to address the foremost question remaining in her mind.

“Terra, you held the Soul Gem that Luna found. What did you sense of it? Was it Nightmare Moon?”

“I can’t be sure, but the energy in the crystal did feel the same as hers.” He cautioned.

“How could it be her? I was there with Luna when the Elements destroyed her.”

“Perhaps, dear sister, you do not understand the nature of sacrifice. It never goes unrewarded, and the selfless sacrifice given for the sake of others is weighted heaviest of all.”

“You don’t think the Elements…” She trailed off with confusion in her voice.

“You know the saying sister, ‘Never say never’. Now, if you would show me to Luna’s workshop before she comes back here and attempts to drag me out, that would be appreciated.”


---- Two weeks later ---


Both Terra and Luna had worked tirelessly to assemble the necessary materials to construct a golem capable of supporting the Soul Gem Luna had found. Celestia was not able to help as much, but did make sure that anything they requested was brought to them as quick as possible. Beyond that, she ran the day to day government so that Luna could focus on her own task. The whole of Luna’s atelier had been transformed to resemble a mix between a chemical production facility and a small scale power plant. The current formula for Terra’s golem was a vast mixture of chemicals and materials that had resulted in a small blob of amorphous goo. Terra had explained that with this formula, the Soul Gem would determine the shape of body that best fit it when it was combined with the strange mixture.

Now they were ready to finally wrap their work up and see just what the mysterious crystal held. In the center of the room was a large tank of water that held the raw golem within it. Suspended above the tank and connected to a remote release was the Soul Gem. The entire hall had been cleared of guards and servant s in precaution, and the only remaining beings were the three siblings. The late afternoon sunlight did not pierce the blocked windows, and the magical blue fire lanterns lent a momentous sense to what they were about to attempt.

Celestia sat clear and watched as her sibling moved about, calling out to each other as they triple checked all of their systems. Finally, they were ready and all three moved to a shielded observation platform on the opposite side of the room. Standing before a control console, Terra slowly pushed a small lever forward to gradually increase the energy being supplied to the suspension tank. Luna called out energy readings and monitored safety devices as he did. Once they were at full capacity the room buzzed and crackled with the sound of electrical and magical energy being fed into the tank. Luna checked her instruments a final time and shouted to her brother over the cacophony of sound.

“Terra, we are within the green zone, release the Soul Gem when thou art ready!”

Terra nodded his understanding as Celestia moved forward and wrapped her sister in a wing. Lifting a lid protected button, Terra smashed it down and cut the power to the suspension filed holding the Soul Gem over the tank. Time seemed to slow, and the noise became a distant background hum as the gem dropped to the tank. Cutting cleanly into the water without so much as a drop of splash, the gem sank and made contact with the shifting mass of white beneath it.

The entire tank promptly exploded as the entire supply of water was instantly vaporized and all the power available was sucked into the raw golem. All of the mage lights went out at the same time and the entire chamber was plunged into darkness as the deafening sound of a hurricane filled the room. Everything went quiet as suddenly as it had all exploded. Blue flashes lit the smoky chamber as small arcs of electricity came from the center of the room before dying down. The two grown alicorns had huddled protectively around Luna even though their shield had held up to the abuse. Sensing it was over; Terra magically opened a few of the windows to clear the steam and smoke.

As the smoke cleared, there was no indication that the process had worked at all. The reaction had been so energetic that Terra was unsure if the Soul Gem had accepted its new host before things had spiraled out of control. Finally clearing enough to see somewhat, the alicorns were greeted with a blank white equine form at the bottom of the empty containment tank. Though it was dim in the chamber with only a few small windows having been opened, the shape in the center of the tank seemed to be that of a large foal, a foal with a horn and wings. There was no indication of movement from the foal, and things looked pretty bad from the platform. Thinking that the soul had rejected the body, Terra turned to his sister to attempt to console her when she gasped and began to gesticulate toward the tank.

“Brother, Sister, observe, what is happeneing!?”

As Terra and Celestia snapped their attention to the ruined tank once more they were greeted with a black wave of fire consuming the synthetic pony they had created. Where the fire had traced over, the coat was left pitch black, but not burned at all. A mane and tail of silvery gray hair grew on the pony as the dark fire spread to cover the flank of their creation. Once done, the image of a full moon over grey clouds that had been inside the crystal was emblazoned on the pony’s flank. There was a power radiating from the pony that could be none other than an alicorn, and although it was not clear to Terra, Luna knew exactly what this power felt like. She had instantly escaped the shielded platform and was by the pony’s side, raising its head slightly as she spoke in a quavering, near whisper.

“Nightmare?...”

“Luna?...” A frail voice responded as teal, draconic eyes slowly opened.




THE END



------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note.

Ok, that took way longer than I intended to get up and published. I could not find a structure that I was happy with, but I reckon this one is ok. I left it open for a follow up story if the desire should strike me, but I have no immediate plans for it. My thanks to you, the reader, for reading my first swing at a fan fiction story. Any post game criticism or comments are welcome and I hope you enjoyed it!

-dracolord85

Comments ( 9 )

It's my pleasure to read this story.
I love this story, it is pretty good and warm.

I feel a bit sad about few people finding and reading this nice story.
But I still thank you for completing this masterpiece.
GJ!

D'awww!

This story is beautiful and moving. Filly Nightmare sounds adorable. Titiana sounds interesting as a country, and I LIKE Terra, he sounds cool.

Gonna go read the sequel now!

I cannot express how awesome you are. So take some mustaches.
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Thank you all for the likes and comments on my old story! Seem like y'all liked it as much as I did writing it! :twilightsmile:

Filly Nightmare... Wonder what she would think of Nyx?

"Welp... that happened."

This is my second time reading this, and both times I must confess I almost cried when Nightmare Moon was more or less killed by the Elements. This is a masterpiece and deserves much more recognition then it has currently received. I will do my best to bring people to it, that I promise.

2496994 OMG You MUST MUST MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSST do a sequel as this was sooooooo good i think this is my 2nd favourite story behind The Lost Element by Humanity! Great read and soooo warming! 10000000000/10 from me!!!

Crap. That means there's another alicorn protecting Celestia. Now I really can't be done with her.

Login or register to comment