• Published 14th Feb 2021
  • 926 Views, 7 Comments

Dignified Diplomacy Done Dispassionately - Jest



Civil wars rage across the continent as the armies of Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis seek to dominate the planet. Amidst the chaos, the two rulers take a moment to accomplish some needed... 'diplomacy'.

  • ...
8
 7
 926

A Dark World Illuminated By The Flame Of Passion

Chrysalis strode down the long hallway with all the confidence of a conqueror surveying their newly claimed land. Yet there were no grand crowds observing her, only the guards which stood on either side of her and the aide who followed in her wake. There was also no freshly captured city to inspect, just a long black hallway devoid of windows or any notable features at all.

The walls were made of obsidian, as was the ceiling and floor, each surface polished to a resplendent shine. Ahead of her was a single towering door embedded with a bright green crystal two feet tall from top to bottom. Without any light to illuminate the path a lesser creature may become lost or confused, but not the changeling queen.

She needed no light, and cared little to make her territory more comforting for those she deemed as beneath her notice. Changelings required no fancy rugs to walk upon in order to save their hooves, nor gleaning torches to show them the way. A square hallway cut straight through a mountain was just fine to the queen, though she would have been bored.

Had she not been seconds away from meeting the lone individual she deemed as a worthy adversary.

Stopping in front of the door, Chrysalis lit her horn and cast a unique spell, one which prompted the entrance to click audibly. She waited impatiently as one of her guards stepped forward, and pushed open the heavy stone object. The soldier then strode into the room beyond, bowing slightly as his queen passed him by.

Chrysalis paid little attention to the male, as her gaze was immediately captured by the alicorn sitting on the other side of the room. The space itself was wide, with a vaulted ceiling which had been enchanted to perfectly recreate the night sky. Despite this small luxury there were only two chairs, both made of stone, as was the large table itself.

Only the alicorn sitting across from her and her three assistants were not made of obsidian though the guards may as well be given how little they moved. Like Chrysalis’ own soldiers, her ally’s were tall, garbed in the finest armor and wielding the most powerful weapons their respective empires could construct. Unlike Chrysalis’ guards, the others were ponies who had leathery wings, large fangs, and softly glowing eyes.

They resembled their respective queen quite a bit, as she too was garbed for battle, though her spear rested on the table in front of her instead of being gripped tight in a hoof. The opposing monarch also wore slightly lighter armor then the ponies who were supposed to protect her. A silver Breastplate covered her midsection, while a similarly colored helm sat atop her head.

Tall boots the color of a starry midnight sky completed the mare’s appearance, giving her an intimidating profile. Though Chrysalis was far from bothered by the pony’s appearance, mostly due to the fact that she was sitting with her back hooves up on the table. There were other reasons the changeling queen wasn't worried, but those were secrets the queen told no one.

“Look who finally decided to show up,” remarked the dark alicorn, her catlike eyes flashing dangerously. “And here I thought I was going to have to start executing prisoners.”

“You have no prisoner worth me hurrying for,” Chrysalis replied back, the queen taking a seat across from her counterpart.

“True, though their screams would make the waiting more… palatable,” Nightmare Moon mused.

“I’m surprised you even have prisoners, given how well Twilight resists your efforts to capture a certain province,” teased the changeling, who leaned forward with a smirk. “How goes that by the way?”

Nightmare Moon snorted irritably, sitting further back in her seat and shuffling her hooves off the table. “It goes well. No thanks to you.”

Chrysalis gasped, and placed a hoof over her heart. “Why I never. Am I not your steadfast ally?”

“So you’re saying it wasn't you who tipped them off to the strikeforce making its way through the northlands?” Nightmare Moon retorted knowingly.

“No of course not,” Chrysalis exclaimed with a chuckle. “It must have been some other changeling queen.”

Nightmare Moon snickered. “Ahh yes. All those other changeling hives that you definitely didn't destroy a century ago.”

“A ghost then?” Chrysalis offered with fake sincerity.

Nightmare Moon rolled her eyes. “At least I have contained my little insurrection. How goes the crystal rebellion oh mighty queen of the north and east? Still have control over Crystallia?”

“That city is mere rubble,” Chrysalis retorted, her face contorting into a snarl. “If those fools think they won a victory by claiming some hill then I say let them bask in it. A touch of arrogance makes for a wonderful garnish.”

“Ahhh yes, of course. It is definitely not the case that Cadance and her betrothed simply bested you,” Nightmare Moon prodded, shooting the other queen a sly smirk.

The changeling queen snarled, slamming her hooves against the table. “Watch your tone worm. All is going according to plan, and soon none shall stand in my way.”

“Well let's hope not. I would hate for there to be no foes left save for you,” Nightmare Moon mused. “Who would I trade sarcastic quips with, the servants?”

“They would at least pretend to be amused by your antics,” Chrysalis deadpanned.

Nightmare Moon laughed aloud. “Yes well. That is a topic for another time. One that is hopefully a great many years from now.”

Chrysalis hummed thoughtfully and leaned back in her chair. “So, should we get onto the real matters at hoof or continue with the witty banter you so enjoy?”

“It's unlike you to run out of remarks so soon. Don't tell me my talk of Cadance has soured your mood?” Nightmare Moon inquired in a slightly exaggerated manner.

“I merely wish to expedite the exchange of captives. Ponies are so hard to care for with their incessant need for food and water and holes with which to relieve themselves in,” Chrysalis sighed. “And their corpses stink so quickly.”

Nightmare Moon’s guards bristled at the comment, but the night queen herself seemed unconcerned by the remark.

“They are quite… breakable aren't they? Very well, let us begin with the negotiations,” Nightmare Moon opened, leaning forward on the table and pressing her hooves together. “How many of my soldiers do you have in your little camp?”

“Thirty of your spies have been captured just this month,” Chrysalis stated snidely. “Your soldiers must be growing weary from fighting that endless civil war of yours.”

“Not nearly as much as yours are, considering I have thirty five of your children locked within my dungeons,” Nightmare Moon retorted.

Chrysalis shrugged as she inspected a hoof. “Oh it would, had the other ten spies I captured not perished while they were being detained.”

Nightmare Moon’s confidence vanished in a flash, and the alicorn glared across the table at the other queen. “You lie as easily as you breathe. I did not even have that many operating in your lands.”

Chrysalis smirked. “That's because the others were removed from Cadance’s little band of wannabe heroes.”

Nightmare Moon recoiled, her eyes narrowing dangerously. “You didn't.”

“Oh but I did,” Chrysalis replied.

The two monarchs stared long and hard at one another, before finally Nightmare Moon relented, letting out a sigh.

“It matters not,” exclaimed the alicorn. “Good queen Chrysalis will merely have to go without my assistance.”

“As if I needed it,” spat the changeling.

“We will find out soon enough whether you needed it or not,” Nightmare Moon replied.

“So we have a deal then?” Chrysalis questioned.

“We do,” Nightmare Moon answered.

The queen nodded, and closed her eyes, quickly sending her consciousness out to her soldiers who held captive the other queen’s spies. As that was happening Nightmare Moon was quickly composing a letter which she sent via magical flame to her own guards. A minute later and the deed was done, with both parties exchanging their captured individuals completely silently in a distant trainyard.

With that done, the parties turned and left, sending off confirmation of their accomplishment shortly thereafter. With both queens now sure that the other had fulfilled their end of the bargain, they relaxed ever so slightly.

“Did you fatten up one of my best infiltrators?” Chrysalis asked in an amused tone.

Nightmare Moon chuckled. “You must be talking about our little Casanova. That wasn't intentional mind you, he merely enjoyed seducing the maids.”

“And you seemed to enjoy betting against the servants,” Chrysalis replied.

The alicorn placed a hoof over her mouth, stifling a snicker. “Would you not have done the same?”

Chrysalis hummed thoughtfully, only to shake her head. “I suppose so. Now then, was there any other matters that needed to be attended to?”

“None, though I admit I’m curious as to how your plan to expand to the east is going. The minotaurs can't be making things easy on you,” Nightmare Moon inquired.

The changeling snorted derisively. “Those fools have spent so long relying on their many underground mazes that they have forgotten what true battle looks like. Only a select few of their number have even seen combat outside of an arena.”

“Then it is going well?” Nightmare Moon pressed.

“It is… acceptable,” Chrysalis muttered. “Though poorly organized the minotaurs are quite individually strong, and their mastery of the deep tunnels eclipses even our own.”

“You know I have a few battalions stationed near their southern border,” Nightmare Moon began, leaning a little closer. “Perhaps I could be convinced to intervene.”

“I will not debase myself and beg for help. Even from you,” Chrysalis firmly replied.

Nightmare Moon scoffed. “Then you are as foolish as you are ugly.”

Chrysalis gasped. “Ugly? That's the best you can muster you poorly packaged bag of horse meat.”

“Tsk, so vulgar,” Nightmare Moon replied, raising her nose. “You can't just conglomerate a random assortment of adjectives and call it an insult.”

“I can so, you steaming mound of bull refuse!” Chrysalis shouted.

Nightmare Moon slammed her hooves into the table, causing a trio of cracks to run across its surface. “I don't know what's more insulting. The fact you think that's a proper insult or the fact that I used to respect you.”

“The only thing you respect is that abomination you see in the mirror, you self absorbed old windbag,” Chrysalis retorted, jabbing a hoof at the alicorn.

Nightmare Moon’s eyes narrowed.

Chrysalis’ horn sparked, the two queen’s sizing one another up.

Off to the side their aides slowly inched towards the doors on either side while the guards gripped their weapons. Both sides inspected the other, the guards trying to decide if they should attack while the assistants wondered if they should run. All while the two queen’s continued to glare silently at one another, their gaze never leaving the other monarch.

“Leave us,” Chrysalis commanded.

“Begone,” Nightmare Moon demanded.

“Your majesty?” Asked one of the thestrals.

“Did you not hear me?” Nightmare Moon stated, her gaze remaining glued to Chrysalis.

“It will be done, your majesty,” he replied, ducking out of the room and closing the door firmly behind him.

Across the room his changeling counterparts did the same, sealing the room off completely.

“So. The time has finally come,” Chrysalis stated evenly.

“I’ve been waiting all month for this moment,” Nightmare Moon remarked grimly.

“Let us drop this charade then,” Chrysalis exclaimed.

Nightmare Moon’s gaze narrowed. “Yes, lets.”

With a titanic heave the dark alicorn sent the enormous table flying out of the way. She didn't even give it a glance as the enormous, and ancient peice of furniture exploded against the wall. The two monarchs surged forward with such speed that their chairs were shattered.

Corded muscle rippled, magic flared, and hooves were raised as if to strike one another. The two queens flew directly at one another and in the blink of an eye they met.

Chitin met fur covered flesh, and together the monarchs crashed to the floor. A forehoof wrapped around the other’s neck only to be wrestled away a moment later. Chrysalis quickly managed to scramble atop her opponent, hooves grabbing Nightmare Moon’s throat before the dark alicorn surged forwards. Back and forth the two went, each trying to gain an advantage over the other.

Just when it seemed like Chrysalis had pinned her opponent, Nightmare Moon leaned forward and planted her lips against her foe’s. The shock of the move gave the dark alicorn just enough of an opening to throw her weight to one side. A subtle twist later, and suddenly it was Nightmare Moon who was on top, with Chrysalis’s forelegs pinned behind her head.

“Do you yield, foul temptress?” Nightmare Moon whispered.

Chrysalis scowled. “That was a dirty move and you know it.”

Nightmare Moon snorted. “You’re right. Underhanded tactics is your thing.”

“I like to call it creative strategy,” Chrysalis replied with a smirk.

“And I call it being a sneaky little bugger,” Nightmare Moon retorted.

Chrysalis sighed. “Why didn't we start the meeting like this? It would have made our little discussion much more entertaining.”

“You should know better than anyone that the chase makes the catch all the sweeter,” Nightmare Moon pointed out.

“I guess so,” Chrysalis remarked with a smirk.

The dark alicorn leaned down and after a short, hesitant glance into her lover’s eyes, kissed her. There she remained, peppering Chrysalis with soft, gentle kisses until finally succumbing to temptation and deepened the embrace. Lips parted and the two monarchs began a heated make out session, all while Nightmare Moon kept her partner pinned.

It was only after several long minutes did they part, with the dark alicorn doing so somewhat reluctantly.

“I must ask. Did you really kill those spies?” Nightmare Moon hesitantly inquired.

Chrysalis sighed. “No. They defected, but I assumed you would wish to save face.”

Nightmare Moon frowned. “I had feared as much. Thank you, my little love bug.”

Chrysalis chuckled. “And thank you my little star, for the snack.”

“Hey there are no free meals around here. You’re going to have to pay that back you know,” Nightmare Moon declared with a smirk.

Chrysalis twisted unexpectedly, her multi jointed limbs allowing the changeling to flip her partner backwards and land atop her with a smirk. “Well then. I better get started then shouldn't I?” Chrysalis replied.

Nightmare Moon grinned. “On this, we agree.”

Author's Note:

If you want to read the next updates for my biggest stories at the begining of the month rather at the end, or want to get a commission from me as well as access to patreon exclusive content, and the chance to submit story requests every month, head over to my patreon!

Join me over on patreon and get instant access to exclusive content and early looks at new stories, patreon only stories and other great stuff! Check it out!
Or just join the discord to ensure that you dont miss an update.
This update was made possible by the wonderful support of readers like you: John, MestreJ, Starless, Gear Change, DioKyo, Tacocat598, Canary in The Coal Mine, Ceepert, Doomgoey, Tiwake, Vigilant Watch, Joshua, Nfreak, Facinus, M, John, Rhys, Corey, Blade Tech, Mephia, Peter, Apollyon, Nightwing, 浩民 簡, Hannibal, Dragon's Sheperd, BeenMcsqueen, Mop Hop, Dale, Xvos, Nathan, Octavia and Lowbar, Lich lord krosis, Prysm, Mike, Astor, Travis, Soundtea, Menthol Qtip, Craig, Mirvra, Ivar, Pacsik, Kali, Makani, Steven, Fiamgoku, free, GruB, Todd, Megatyrant.

Comments ( 7 )

Should I feel bad for wanting a clopfic of this?

10678912

If it is wrong to want it, then I don't want to be right! ^^

10678912
Never!

It's currently adorable though :twilightsmile:

Found a small error:

“You should know better than anyone that the chase makes the catch all the sweater,” Nightmare Moon pointed out.

i.chzbgr.com/full/9397028864/h3CCFA947/sweater-season
Anyways, good story!

I wish there were more Nightmare/Luna x Chrysalis stories. This one was good though

I really like this. I don't really see this ship that often here, and it's caused some interesting thought on how the two's backstory is. Especially with how they came together. Just wish there was more to it!!!

:heart:

Login or register to comment