• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 5,649 Views, 121 Comments

Learning to Live and Love - FlashKenshin77



Leon is tired of life and ends it, getting a 2nd chance and heads into Equestria. What chaos awaits?

  • ...
26
 121
 5,649

Learning to Fly

“Leon please wake up.” A distant voice said.

“Wha?” I asked, dazed. Something wet hit my cheek and I touched it, it was a tear. I groggily opened my eyes to see Fluttershy crying. “What’s wrong?” I asked as I felt that I was laying on something warm; I realized that my head was lying in her lap, my face started to get red.

She squeaked and looked down at me. “Oh thank goodness, you’re finally-.” She whispered.

“Hey, he’s finally awake!” I heard Dash yell and I was suddenly surrounded. “Bout time Leon, you had us worried.” She continued.

“Ugh; where am I?” I asked, glancing around.

“You’re in Canterlot Leon, my castle to be specific.” Princess Celestia said, her face looming above the others.

I looked around and noticed Twilight wasn’t here. “Where’s Twilight? Is she alright?” I asked, slightly worried.

Celestia smiled. “She’s fine, just exhausted. She didn’t realize how taxing it would be to teleport that many individuals.”

I sighed. “That’s good,” I lifted my head and the world started to spin.

“Whoa Leon, take it easy; looks like you got bucked in the chest”. Dash said, concerned.

“I’m okay… I think.” I said, trying to get the world to stop. I looked over at Fluttershy, who was hiding behind her mane. I leaned towards her and grasped her in a hug. “Thank you.” I whispered.

I saw her face brighten and a small smile formed on her mouth. “No… um… problem.” She said.

I got up and could barely stand on my own two legs. After a moment, I finally got a look at the throne room… and was rendered speechless. The room put to shame anything I’ve seen; it was huge. The purple stain glassed windows depicted something, like Celestia and Luna fighting Discord and Twilight and the others fighting Nightmare Moon. There was a simple throne at the end on a raised platform and a long red carpet rolled from that all the way out the door. Everything was spotless.

“Wow…” I said in awe.

I saw Celestia smile. “Indeed. “You’ve never seen a castle except as a ruin haven’t you?” I nodded yes. “I thought as much.”

I looked at Celestia. “So... um… you wished to see us?”

“Indeed I did Leon.” She glared slightly at me. “I heard about your trek into the blizzard the other day.”

“I’m sorry-”

“It’s quite alright, you seem to be fine. In the meantime, it has let me give the townsponies an excuse to say that the ‘monster’ is gone.” She said, slightly hesitant.

“Me a monster?” I asked, confused.

“Well, according to the reports I’m receiving from Ponyville, yes.”

“But that doesn’t make sense; Twilight explained to the mayor what he was.” Dash said.

“I know but most ponies didn’t believe it.”

Before Dash could argue, I interrupted her. “What do I need to do?” I asked.

“Nothing; it’s all taken care of,” She turned around, her horn glowing.

“What do you mean?” I asked, even more confused.

“You Leon Scott Kennedy; are dead.” Celestia deadpanned.

We all stared at her. “What?” I asked.

“Yes; the human Leon is dead, died in the blizzard. But, I have a proposition for you.”

“Not like I have much of a choice.” I said with a small grin.

“Not really no,” she said, “since you can’t be here as a human, how about as a pony?”

“Wha?” I asked, my brain going numb.

“I can turn you into a pony but it does have certain limits.”

“Like?”

“Since it’s a smaller body, its energy reserves are very limited and miniscule compared to the body you have now.” She stared at me. “And since the transformation spell isn’t perfect, any strong emotion could break it.”

I thought about it and was very tempted. “What about my sword?”

“I could transform it to fit a pony but most don’t carry around swords.”

I sighed. “That’s alright, I don’t think I’ll need it.” I glanced at her. “And this is my only option?”

“I’m afraid so.”

“Well then I guess let’s see how it goes?” I forced myself to laugh.

She nodded. “Do you have any preference of the type of pony you want to be?”

“Well… I’ve always wondered what having wings would feel like.” I thought out loud.

“I see.” Celestia said with a faint smile, her horn completely encased in a bright yellow glow. It wouldn’t be any other reason? She asked, her voice ringing in my mind.

I felt my face get bright red. “No…” I trailed off, looking at the stain glassed windows.

“Whatever you say, now close your eyes.” She commanded, a faint smile on her lips.

I did as I was ordered and felt a great heat hit my chest. My body felt like it was being compacted and pushed towards the ground by gravity. My last thought before I passed out was of a rainbow streak running through the sky.

--**--

“Ugh…” I said, trying to open my eyes; they must have had lead weights attached to them. I finally got them open and was immediately blinded by the light. I squinted and after several moments, I could see… a green snout?

I started to panic, bringing my hands to my face, only to see two green hooves? What the hell is going on? Oh… right. I calmed down a little as my brain reminded me.

I glanced around and realized I was in a hospital room; again. I felt something on my leg and looked over to see a sleeping Rainbow Dash.

I smiled as she mumbled in her sleep. I hesitantly poked her and she groggily opened her eyes and stared into mine. She realized that she what she was using as a pillow and bolted up, her cheeks flushed with red.

“Good morning Leon,” she said, her face bright red still.

I tried not to smile. “Good morning to you too Dash, how long was I out for?”

“Only a few hours.” Her usual smug smile came back. “Guess what?”

“What?”

“You’re a pegasus!” she screamed, extremely excited.

I felt a smile tug on my lips. “Really?” I threw the covers off and jumped to the floor and turned to see my wings. They were the same green that was apparently the color of my coat. “What’s this?” I said, feeling something hanging off my back. I saw that I had a dark brown tail. “I have a tail,” I said flatly only for Dash to start laughing.

“Well duh, everypony does.” She said as she got up and hit me in the face playfully with hers.

I grinned and tried to turn around to do the same, but my hooves tangled themselves up and I fell flat on my face, causing her to laugh even harder.

“Well it seems you're awake; what do you think of your new body?” Celestia asked, stifling a laugh as I glanced up to her from the floor.

“I don’t know just yet… I have a feeling walking is going to be a challenge.”

“I may be able to help you,” She said, her horn glowing as she lightly tapped it against my forehead.

I felt like something was being crammed into my head as I suddenly knew how to walk and fly. I opened my wings instinctively and hovered off the ground. I pushed down with my wings and zoomed about in the little room, laughing.

“This is amazing!” I yelled, happier than I’ve been in a long time.

“It is, isn’t it?” Dash said from my side; I noticed she had followed me. “Come on, you haven’t seen anything yet.” She said as she banked left towards the window and opened it, signaling me to follow her. I looked at Celestia who nodded her head before I zoomed after Dash.

I felt the wind blow right through my mane as I shook my head. It was invigorating, being this free but in complete control. I never wanted to leave this feeling. I looked around, just noticing how high I was however. I gulped as I felt myself start to shiver and my wings started to slow down.

“What’s wrong?” Dash asked, concerned as she hovered next to me.

“This is going to sound weird, but I’m afraid… afraid of heights.” I said, trying not to panic. I heard the flapping of her wings as she flew off somewhere.

“Here, sit on this.” She said as she held a cloud.

I stared at the cloud, then at her. “I can’t.”

“Why not? You’re a pegasus aren’t you?”

“Ya but you-”

“Forget your human logic and just sit on the fluffy thing already.” She said, glaring at me. “Trust me.”

I sighed and gently landed on the cloud. It felt solid, but I could feel moisture slowly seeping from it. I dropped to my stomach and was suddenly exhausted. Something else pushed against me and saw Dash make room for herself.

“So what do you think?” she asked, not looking at me.

I laughed. “I’m actually happy, happier than I’ve been in years.” I said with a genuine smile.

“I’m glad.” She said, looking up from the cloud with a grin on her face.

Something seemed off. “Everything okay?”

“Pfft, of course it is; I finally got a new flying partner.” She said, glancing away momentarily. She grinned mischievously at me. “I have an idea.”

“What?” I asked, only slightly worried.

“Let’s have a race; first one to Sugarcube Corner wins. Ready, set, GO!” She said, before zooming off.

“Dash wait!” I yelled, flying as fast as I could to catch up to her.

I put all the speed I could muster into my wings and the huge gap between us slowly closed. We zoomed across the plains and the Everfree Forest, both of us grinning madly as I caught up to her and we were neck and neck.

I suddenly felt a tingle start at the back of my neck and I instantly recognized it. “Oh no.” I whispered before I felt my wings lock up and I plummeted to the ground, my body twitching and convulsing the entire way down.

--**--

She flew as fast as she could without breaking the sound barrier and he was still neck and neck with her.

This stallion is fast. She thought, slightly out of breath as they had been going all out from Canterlot and were passing the Everfree Forest. She glanced at him and saw him smiling and waving at her before returning his focus ahead. She giggled and felt her face go red. What the hay? Why did I do that? She questioned herself.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw his wings lock up and a look of pure pain and fear spread across his face before he started to plummet towards the ground. She stared in horror as he fell faster than she thought possible.

“Hold on!” she yelled as she used her momentum to make a harsh U-turn and fly at him faster than normal. She felt the sound barrier slowly being warped around her as she tried to catch up to him. I’m not gonna make it! She put every ounce of energy she could muster into her wings and for a split second, she felt the world slow down before there was a resounding boom and she flew faster than she thought possible.

She quickly closed the distance between herself and Leon and grabbed him in her forehooves, noticing his body convulse as he stared at her with tears in his eyes. He tried to move his mouth, but no noise came out. She pulled up as sharp as she could and avoided colliding with a tree before she shed her momentum and flew herself towards a nearby cloud.

She landed heavily on the cloud, exhausted from having to do a Sonic Rainboom. She watched as Leon continued to convulse, unsure what to do; she felt completely helpless as she felt tears start to form in her eyes. She felt a hoof grab her and she saw Leon’s fore hoof attached to hers, his eyes staring at hers as he held on as his body was racked with pain.

--**--

Pain was everywhere; my entire body shrieked. I lay on the cloud, holding on to Dash’s hoof as she started to cry. I was shocked that she was able to break the sound barrier and a cascade of rainbows erupted behind her as she caught up to me. I wish I could thank her for catching me, but I was too much pain I couldn’t even scream.

Finally, after what felt like eternity, I coughed. My entire body was encased in sweat and I was breathing pretty heavily. “That… was… amazing.” I managed to say to her. She immediately grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, burying her face into my shoulder. I hesitantly rubbed her back, my limbs still shaky.

She pushed away from me and smacked me across the muzzle. “Don’t you ever do that again; okay? What the heck was that?” she asked, her voice still shaky.

I sighed. “That was a seizure. It happens to me every now and then. When I have one, I lose the ability to move or talk.”

“Why do you have… that?”

“I don’t know, the doctors on my world could never figure it out.”

“Maybe… maybe Twilight would know.” She said, looking scared.

I hugged her. “It wasn’t your fault and I’m sorry you had to see that.”

She sniffed. “It’s okay, just startled me is all,” she looked at me, “are you sure you’re alright?”

“I’m fine… just really tired, how about you?” I asked.

“I’m exhausted.” She said with a yawn.

“Maybe we should take a nap before we head back to the others?” I offered.

“Sounds like a plan.” She said, lying down on the cloud.

I yawned and lay down to, resting my head on my forehooves. It was slightly chilly this high in the sky during winter. I shivered a bit until I felt Dash scoot closer to me and I looked at her. She slightly blushed as she leaned against me a bit. I raised a wing and hesitantly lowered it across her as she faintly smiled at me. It was warmer with somepony to share the cloud with.

I sighed contently as we both fell asleep, keeping each other warm.

Author's Note:

Another chapter done... Yay... And I'm sorry if this chapter made you "mad", what with him turning and all. I know it upset a few people... But we'll just have to wait and see what happens now, won't we?