• Published 7th Feb 2021
  • 1,095 Views, 6 Comments

The Rainbooms' Monday Blues - Tailbiter231



What happened on that Monday with the other Equestria Girls? Find out!

  • ...
2
 6
 1,095

The Rainbooms' Monday Blues

Rainbow Dash woke up to her alarm. Without a second thought she immediately turned it off and went back to sleep. She didn't feel like getting out of bed yet.


Pinkie Pie woke up. She looked at her clock and groaned. It was a Monday. The weekend was over, and it was time for another school week. Sometimes she could get by the Monday Blues pretty easily, other times... she just didn't feel like it.

Once she was dressed for today, she looked for some chocolate cake to brighten her day... but there wasn't any. She had finished the last of it last night and didn't have time to make any today.

So she decided to eat the rest of her leftover Oreo pizza for breakfast. As it was really close to time to walk to Canterlot High, she turned the oven up to higher than usual... and in the end, the pizza was burned. She groaned with frustration again. So her breakfast consisted of cereal that Rainbow Dash said was made from pencil shavings (which Pinkie wasn't sure about, probably Rainbow's idea of a prank), and some Apple Family Cider.

Then she began her journey to school, walking as slow as possible.


Applejack, who had been working a little bit late the previous night, woke up to her alarm a second time. She yawned and stretched her arms.

She then looked at the clock, and immediately got out of bed. She had slept in just a little bit. She quickly changed into her daytime outfit, had her breakfast, drank her coffee, and ran out the door.

Not realizing she still had her slippers on.


Rarity woke up to her alarm. She groaned when she realized it was a Monday morning, and the weekend was over. She shut it off with an irritated expression on her face, but got out of bed immediately.

After showering and making sure her hair was styled exactly the way she liked it, and then having her coffee and breakfast, she walked out her front door and started her walk to school.

She had only walked a few steps when it suddenly started raining hard. Immediately her hair went flat, Wet Mane Rarity style.

Her pony counterpart no longer minded this, but the same was not true for her. "Oh no! The rain is messing up my hair!" There was nothing for it but to run to school. She had the right supplies in her locker in the case of situations like this, and she lived relatively close to the school. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her through the hard rain, occasionally saying things like "It's coming down too fast!" or "Help me!"


Applejack, who lived further away from the school than anyone, kept running through the rain, which had also started falling shortly after she left. She was still unaware of her slippers splashing in the puddles rather than her boots, though part of her noticed she was running a bit slower than usual.


Pinkie Pie, on the other hand, was walking slowly through the rain with her head partially down. Her hair was deflated, but not because of the rain, which served to add a further gloomy atmosphere to today.


Fluttershy was running through the rain. Aside from this, nothing was going out of place in her day. It was a little windy for her though.

As she was running by a tree, she turned and stopped in her tracks. The wind was blowing a tree back and forth, and a bird's nest was in the tree. She wondered what to do. The bird and its nest had probably survived similar weather... right?

Then lightning struck. Not particularly close, but Fluttershy wasn't the only one who jumped. The bird's nest fell out of the tree.

Fluttershy dove and caught it. As soon as this was done, she saw that the bird wasn't in it. She looked up. The bird was hovering in the air where its nest used to be. Fluttershy was relieved that the bird wasn't in any danger from this storm. But its nest had fallen.

So Fluttershy put the nest on her head and climbed the tree. It was a fairly big tree full of leaves so she got some twigs in her hair. But she didn't mind as long as she could help the bird out.

She reached the tree branch, with the bird still hovering above it. She reached out to place the nest back in its spot...

And then the branch broke and Fluttershy fell flat on her face. As she had fallen on grass rather than concrete it didn't hurt her too much, but still wasn't fun.

So she climbed the tree again, searching for another branch to put the bird's nest, but was having trouble finding a spot she could reach.

Then her cell phone buzzed. She looked at it and realized she was running late.

"I'm so sorry, little birdie, but I can't get your nest back in the tree right now. Can you come with me?"

The bird made chirping sounds and flew onto Fluttershy's hand. Fluttershy jumped down and ran towards school, though at a slightly slower pace, with the nest on her head and using her other hand to shield the bird from the rain.


Rainbow Dash woke up again. She looked at her clock and sat up with a jolt; she had slept in really late. She quickly got out of bed, changed into her daytime outfit, ate breakfast, drank a cider, and ran towards Canterlot High using her super speed.

As she was still only half-awake, she had been running for only a second before she smacked into a lamp post and fell on her back. She wasn't hurt badly; she could withstand a lot. But she lay on her back dazed, and while it didn't take her long to recover, she didn't really feel like getting up. She knew she should get up and resume running as soon as possible, but she felt like she could sleep even in this pouring rain.


Pinkie reached school first, still walking slowly.

Rarity arrived second, and immediately ran to her locker. She found a towel and dried off her hair. This, of course, left her hair messy, so she grabbed some curls and tried to style it the way it usually was. But today, it just didn't seem to work, so she started sobbing, causing her makeup to run.


Eventually, the sun came out. Fluttershy was close to the school at this point. The bird made cheerful chirping noises, and Fluttershy was already feeling better about today. The sun dried her hair slightly as she made her way to the school door to meet with Sunset, Sci-Twi, Rarity, and Pinkie. Maybe Sci-Twi could help her get the bird's nest back into the tree after school.


Rainbow Dash got up about ten seconds after the sun came out. She wished she hadn't wasted so much time laying there. She started running fast even by her super speed standards, truly pushing herself to her limits. She was running so fast that not only was she unable to stop on entering Canterlot High, smashing into the locker, but her shoes were burned from the friction. This had never happened before.

Applejack arrived last, the sun having dried her off for about 20 seconds. Despite the rain, her trip still seemed the smoothest out of any of them - and only then did she realize she was wearing her slippers.

The girls all laughed, and Pinkie's hair reinflated as she took a picture. The Monday Blues were ancient history and the sunshine was all they could see!

Comments ( 6 )

Pinkie’s and Fluttershy’s work great. And Rainbow Dash, maybe still half-awake could accidentally run into a lamppost or something?

10667699
Thanks. Story has now been edited.

This was a nice, lighthearted, fun read.

Her pony counterpart no longer minded this, but the same was not true for her. "Oh no! The rain is messing up my hair!" There was nothing for it but to run to school. She had the right supplies in her locker in the case of situations like this, and she lived relatively close to the school. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her through the hard rain, occasionally saying things like "It's coming down too fast!" or "Help me!"

I feel like she's over panicking.

And then the branch broke and Fluttershy fell flat on her face. As she had fallen on grass rather than concrete it didn't hurt her too much, but still wasn't fun.

Poor fluttershy. :fluttercry:

As she was still only half-awake, she had been running for only a second before she smacked into a lamp post and fell on her back. She wasn't hurt badly; she could withstand a lot. But she lay on her back dazed, and while it didn't take her long to recover, she didn't really feel like getting up. She knew she should get up and resume running as soon as possible, but she felt like she could sleep even in this pouring rain.

Oofity.

11002968
Rarity - Well, I drew inspiration from her pony counterpart and she can be a drama queen.

Fluttershy - Don't worry, she's all right. We've seen how this episode ends.

Rainbow Dash - I couldn't think of much else for her to arrive at that speed beyond simply leaving about 5-10 seconds before we see her, which would be uneventful except for what we already know about her shoes burning from the friction.

That's a very neat interpretation about this very Monday from the other girls. I like it! This gets a fave from me. :heart:

Also, maybe this is just me, but it seems like Fluttershy had the best morning of the seven. She can consider herself lucky. :yay:

Login or register to comment