• Published 31st Oct 2021
  • 1,673 Views, 122 Comments

Her Eyes Reflect The Stars - Lynwood



Ponies, each with stories of their own, all linked across time by a horrific, unknowable entity. Something terrible is happening... or has it already happened?

  • ...
5
 122
 1,673

PreviousChapters Next
Report E25

Princess

Baltimare is lost.

During the night, something happened. I don't know why or how, but what must have been half the guard began to spontaneously elongate approximately an hour after midnight. No internal crystals, no recent attacks. Nothing. It was slow, but it was enough. We couldn't put them all down, and within an hour the triage tents had become a battlefield. That's when the Entity struck the south wall.

We couldn't do anything. I had to make the call. We opened the northwest gates and ordered all civilians to evacuate while we did everything we could to organize a retreat. I wish I had the names of the brave souls who stayed behind to buy time. They should be heroes. I'll see to it that they're remembered after all this is over. If I even

Even with their efforts, the evacuation was a disaster. There wasn't enough of us to guide the stampede. All we could do was keep the biggest ones away from the city's main exits. On the flight out I could see the streets, and goddesses, I wish never to see such a sight again.

I estimate three-fourths of the Baltimare divisions lost to the machines. Between them and the civilians, the number of elongated will be nothing short of a waking nightmare. They'll be reaching the nearest towns and cities in hours, I think. It's a good thing they were evacuated last week. Hopefully, the cities will have a chance.

I spoke with as many of the guards who managed to pull back as I could. They all report nightmares, same as the rest of us, but none reported the dream. I imagine the Commander didn't tell you. He hadn't just been experiencing terrible nightmares— he'd been experiencing one nightmare. He kept putting off sleep, saying he couldn't face the dream anymore. I caught him ranting to himself about 'Her' just yesterday. Not only that, but when I asked the survivors, they reported many of their colleagues had shown very similar behavior. Colleagues who are no longer with us.

I imagine we both know the immensity of that.

We'll have to get the information out. We need to know who is having this dream, and when, immediately. Maybe there's a way to plug this wound. Maybe there's still some way to save them.

I've organized what's left of the Baltimare Guard into an emergency division. We're flying harassment missions on the faster machines and the elongated, trying to buy time for fleeing civilians, but we're still on the retreat. A regroup at Canterlot is our best bet. We need to be fed, treated, rearmed, and reinforced if we're going to have a fighting chance against what's coming, so prepare.

The things they sent at us, Princess. Horrors bigger than We need a new strategy— something, anything— and we need to plan for the possibility that Equestria may not survive another month.

We'll arrive a few hours after this reaches you. I'll speak with you then.

Acting Commander Shimmer Spear

PreviousChapters Next