• Published 31st Oct 2021
  • 1,668 Views, 122 Comments

Her Eyes Reflect The Stars - Lynwood



Ponies, each with stories of their own, all linked across time by a horrific, unknowable entity. Something terrible is happening... or has it already happened?

  • ...
5
 122
 1,668

PreviousChapters Next
Report E5

Princess,

Declare a national emergency. Send all available forces to the southeast and evacuate every settlement from Baltimare to Dodge City immediately. The situation has changed and is now extremely dire.

The machines attacked during the night. We weren't ready for them in the slightest. We've pulled back to South Baltimare and have set up a perimeter, but I lost an unknown amount of guardsponies in the retreat. I have ponies working on that now, and I'll get an estimate to you in the next report.

There isn't one type of machine. We've encountered a staggering variety emerging from the ocean, including ones with great speed that ran like many-legged timberwolves and ones that flew like insects. They range in size from that of a pony to that of a sizeable building, though my scouts report they have seen bigger. They are all extremely dangerous and are advancing both north and west, and they all exhibit signs of extensive crystal growth. Many use these crystals to attack, stabbing with them or throwing them at ponies like darts.

The machines weren't just in the ocean. Our defensive line was attacked from both sides. I don't know how they got there, but a large number of machines emerged from the Haysead Swamps. The guards were trapped and the lucky ones were torn to pieces.

Princess, there's something terribly evil about those crystals. When they get stuck in a pony's body, it turns them into something else. I can't find the right words to describe it. It stretches them out in the worst ways, they howl and scream, and then they start attacking us.

We don't know how or why. We don't know how to protect ourselves. We must assume that every pony who falls to these machines without dying will get back up and walk with them. The effect on my guards cannot be understated. I'm already seeing desertions and breakdowns. Nopony is able to sleep. Many are having extremely unsettling dreams, and once I finally rest tonight, I believe I'll be among them. I'm on my hooves so much and sleep so little that I ache every hour of the day. I am in dire need of more assistance in command.

Only the quick thinking of many of my subordinates prevented the retreat from becoming a massacre. We were able to pull back about half of the line, but unless we get reinforcements and whatever siege weaponry is available immediately I am not confident that we can hold Baltimare. I've already ordered the mayor to evacuate. I told him that the order was from you.

Princess, I won't lie to you. A lot of ponies are about to die.

It is my belief that you should organize any available magical weapons as quickly as possible as well as summon Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I also recommend an emergency draft, and whatever you've discovered with Case 125, I pray that it is helpful. We will need every advantage we can get our hooves on.

Expect the next report in no more than five hours.

Commander Stronghoof

PreviousChapters Next