• Published 31st Oct 2021
  • 1,665 Views, 122 Comments

Her Eyes Reflect The Stars - Lynwood



Ponies, each with stories of their own, all linked across time by a horrific, unknowable entity. Something terrible is happening... or has it already happened?

  • ...
5
 122
 1,665

PreviousChapters Next
The Tale of the Long-Legged Mare

Once upon a time, long before Equestria, before the Princesses, even before the hearth's warming, there was a mare who lived in a small village of ponies. She was graceful and kind, and had long, slender, beautiful legs, and towered high over her fellow ponies, whom she cared for greatly.

The Long-Legged Mare's village was built in the ruins of a once-great kingdom and was full of hardship. Crops grew with such difficulty that farmers needed to tend to their fields through every night and every day. Woodcutters wore down their axe heads working a single tree. Artists struggled to paint even the most basic subjects, and soldiers needed to fight with tooth and hoof to drive their enemies away.

The Long-Legged Mare had heard legends of a sacred spring, in which a most sacred Crystal was hidden. This Crystal was none other than the Crystal of Life and Death, and the mare who held it needed only to wish aloud to provide food and health and life to herself and to any ponies she wished. The Mare gathered her closest friends and went out to search for the Crystal.

They searched far and wide, set upon by beasts and savages and cruel strangers. After many struggles, those who remained finally found the sacred spring in the depths of the darkest forest, and they created a net, and they dredged the Crystal from the pool's depths.

However, the ponies each desired to hold the Crystal and to guide destiny for themselves. In a burst of jealousy and desperation, they fell upon each other and fought, and in the discord, the Crystal was shattered. In a fit of anguish and despair, the Long-Legged Mare picked up the shards of the Crystal and thrust them into her eyes.

The Shards of the Crystal of Life and Death sunk into the Long-Legged Mare's wounds and changed her.

When the Long-Legged Mare rose from where she had fallen and faced the ponies, she was no longer their friend. She spoke to them such terrifying things that they fled the spring, never to return. The land shook, and a great chasm opened beneath the spring and the Mare, swallowing them into its depths, and the trees shook, and the wind roared, and the sky turned gray from the fires upon the world.

The ponies returned to the village empty-hoofed, and the village soon withered and faded away, forgotten by nearly all.

Ever since then, the Long-Legged Mare has stayed, forever sealed within the chamber of her own making. Nopony knows what she said to those who once called her friend, but she was all but forgotten until she began to appear in the dreams of those who lust for wealth and power, and she is said to whisper sweet nothings into their ears, and she is said to guide them to their desires for a price that they are sworn never to reveal.

However, be wary, for only her appearance is that of a pony's. If you ever spot her in your dreams, and you wish to bargain, pray she is not facing you, and if she is, look away, for the price of such a sight is far, far too steep, and should you ever refuse to pay, you will bring about her dark and endless rage.

The End.

PreviousChapters Next