• Published 31st Oct 2021
  • 1,673 Views, 122 Comments

Her Eyes Reflect The Stars - Lynwood



Ponies, each with stories of their own, all linked across time by a horrific, unknowable entity. Something terrible is happening... or has it already happened?

  • ...
5
 122
 1,673

PreviousChapters Next
Second Account, Recording Two

A crisp click.

"–and you're sure you're alright."

"Yeah, I am. Just got a little scared remembering, that's all. I promise."

"Alright. Um, this is investigator Close Look with the Dodge City division. Case One-Two-Five, interview four."

"This recording is for the purpose of analysis at a later date."

"..."

"What? It's proper protocol, you know."

The shuffling of paper, and the scratching of a pen.

"Oh, now with the silent writing again."

"Let's continue the interview. Do you remember where you were in your recounting?"

"Um, it's... kind of fuzzy. Can you remind me?"

"Of course. You said that you had followed the mare, who initially looked like your mother, Leaf Shade, from your home into the forest, then into the swamp."

"Okay."

"Then she led you into a cave of some sort, painted with symbols, like the one you drew there, and then she said something. You fainted before you said what."

"She said something?"

"That's what you said."

"I don't remember saying anything like that."

"You don't?"

"Nope. All I remember is She led me to the back of the cave, to the house."

The scratching of a pen on paper.

"You're sure?"

"Positive. Why are you so hung up on this?"

The scratching of a pen on paper.

"Please, continue."

"The house was strange. It wasn't quite right. For one, every room smelled kind of like rot, but I got used to it. There was always the sound of rushing water behind the walls. Always. It looked really fancy, with big stairways and chandeliers and stuff, like where a rich pony would live."

A cough.

"She led me to my room. That's the thing. It was my room, just like at home. It looked exactly like my room."

A hoof scratching at mane.

"We had meals together every day, with the other foals. They–"

"There were other foals?"

"Yeah, of course. They came and went, but I saw tons. Something you need to understand about Her is that she harmonizes."

"Harmonizes?"

"I mean when She's around, it's like the world arranges itself for Her, and it was always in fives. The house had ten rooms that I was allowed in. The stairs had twenty steps. The dining table was always set for five foals, even though I counted at least twenty through my... stay."

"That's... strange."

The shuffling of paper.

"The official record of the incident says there were only fifteen foals reported missing around that time. Wait, fifteen..."

"There you go— three fives. You could hear it in the way She spoke. You could hear it in the rhythm of Her footsteps. It's... like everything is falling into place, but... the worst is when it happens to you."

"Please explain."

"You notice yourself walking in fives, speaking in fives. Breathing in fives. All unintentionally. It scared me. The idea still scares me."

"It's... unsettling, yes."

"The other foals always looked scared, like me. Sometimes they would cry, but She didn't like that. Sometimes I'd notice them growing taller a few days before they left, but if we behaved, and if we followed the rules and did our chores She wouldn't look at us so much. If I was especially good, She'd make herself look like my mother."

"Dear Celestia."

"I remember missing home, wanting to leave desperately, but the real trouble came when I finally tried to leave. That was when..."

Heavy breathing.

"I— I need a little bit. I'm sorry."

"That's alright. I'll stop the recording."

A crisp click.

PreviousChapters Next