• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 401 Views, 0 Comments

Spiderman Equestria's Hero: Season 3 - Adamverse



The latest instalment of the life of FimFiction's favourite web-slinger.

  • ...
5
 0
 401

Disharmony: Targets

Author's Note:

Just remember, just because I've started uploading again; you won't have chapters weekly like you used to. I can only upload them when I can.

Enjoy this new one.

“Hold on, backup; what do you mean there’s a new goblin?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Adam and Fluttershy had gathered the team at the HQ, he was telling them about the new threat he’d discovered. Someone, he didn’t know who, was flying around on a glider and throwing pumpkin bombs around; calling themselves the next Goblin.

Twilight stepped forward, “Maybe this guy just found Goblin’s tech; I mean when Adam defeated the Goblin, known of his gear was recovered. We never even found his lair.”

“That would make sense, Twilight. But it sounds like he was using that stuff like the real deal; not many people could fake something like that.” Sunset replied. “Unless those gliders and bombs came with instructions.”

Standing up and replying, Adam said, “No, I don’t think so.” He then thought a very bad thought. “I just don’t think we should roll out the possibility that the Goblin somehow survived his demise.” Fluttershy caressed her husband’s shoulder, trying to make him feel better.

“I’m sure whatever this situation is, we can handle it.” Rarity said to her friends. “Besides, Adam; you defeated the Goblin before, you can beat him again.”

“And this time, you’ve got us fighting alongside you; out in the field this time.” Applejack stated.

Rainbow then said, “Well, more like me, Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie. The rest of you s don’t have any powers.”

Suddenly, Fluttershy had a question she wanted to ask, “Hey, what happened to our Geo-Crystals? The little gemstones we got at Camp Everfree.”

“Yeah, we have used or seen them in ages.” Pinkie Pie added.

Twilight replied, “There’s a reason for that; six of them are locked up in a special container I designed, stored safely here at the HQ.” She then turned to her cowgirl friend, “And when I say six of them, I don’t mean yours; as I’m afraid it was destroyed along with Soundwave and his machine the first time we fought him.”

Applejack then said, “And I remember that day; that sinister robot strapped me to a table and tried to cut me in two for one of his sick experiments.”

Pinkie Pie then got everyone’s attention when she turned the volume up on the TV; she said, “Hey, look at this.” It was the news; the reporter was standing in front of someone being wheeled away on a hospital gurney.

The reported stated, “It seems that someone, or something, came out of nowhere and struck this poor man down. According to the report, he was just walking down the street when something struck him in the neck and rendered him unconscious.” The camera got a close up of the man now in the ambulance, it then turned back to the reporter. “No one knows what hit him, but what we do know is that the man is going to be okay; but he will be comatose for the next two weeks.”

“Sounds to me, like another case to crack.” Twilight stated.

Adam turned to his friends and wife, “Then lets suit up and take to the streets.” Adam went into the next room and changed into his suit; when he emerged, he asked, “You girls gonna be okay, being on standby?”

“We’ll be here if you need us.” Rainbow stated.

Spiderman then turned to Fluttershy and said, “Love you.”

“I love you too.” She replied.

Spidey then left the HQ and swung into the city streets, this case wasn’t going to solve itself.


Adam crawled down from a web-line to where the victim had been hit; police tape was still surrounding the area, so no one was around. Using the lenses in his mask, he scanned the area, trying to find some clues. Meanwhile, the Rainbooms were all watching through the camera in his mask; being his tech-support.

“Okay, the feed looks good, Adam.” Twilight stated.

The Pinkie Pie said, “Yeah, the picture looks incredible; we should watch a film on this screen later.”

Sunset turned to her funny friend and replied, “Pinkie Pie, focus; we’re investigating a crime scene.”

The first thing Spidey noticed was the patch on the ground where the man had collapsed; he did a quick scan, showing a hologram of the event. “The victim was walking along the road, when an unknown object hit him in the neck and caused him to fall.” Spiderman explained.

He had to rewind the clip in order to check something he missed; Rainbow said into the comm, “If you scan the point when the object impacted, we might be able to see where it came from.”

Spiderman stopped the footage at the correct point, then ran a scan; the hologram showed the direction the object came from, it showed a beam of light, pointing to the point of origin. “I’m gonna check this out.” Adam web-zipped to the roof of a building across the street, there he found another clue.

Imprinted on the floor, was a boot-print; one that could only be seen by the scanner in Spiderman’s mask. Spidey then said to Twilight, “Run a quick scan for me, I think I know who’s behind all this.”

Twilight did as instructed, and ran the scan; it confirmed Adam’s theory with CCPD’s criminal data-base. She then said to Adam, “Looks like your theory is right, Adam.”

“Bulls-eye.”

“What do you think he’s doing? Why target someone like this?” Twilight asked.

Spiderman then explained, “I need to find out what exactly happened to the victim; the only way I can do that is if I find the thing that struck him. No doubt the CCPD have it at the precinct as evidence.”

Applejack the said, “So wait, your plan is to sneak into the police station and steal something that almost took someone out?” She sounded a little worried by this plan.

But Adam simply answered, “Yep, pretty much.”

“Okay, just checking I heard that right.” AJ replied.

Spidey then thought of something else, “Meanwhile, girls; pull up the hospital records and try and find out who our victim is. I might give us a clue as to why he was targeted.”

“We’re on it, Spiderman.” Sunset replied.

Spiderman wasted no time swing to the CCPD, he needed the evidence to understand what happened to the man that was attacked.


So while Adam was planning his break in, and Sunset and Twilight were looking up hospital records; the rest of the girls decided to clear their heads. The first thing that Rainbow Dash wanted to know, was something only Fluttershy could answer.

“So, Fluttershy; how’s married life?” Dashy asked.

‘Mrs Spiderman’ replied, “Oh, it’s wonderful; just like what it was while we were boyfriend and girlfriend.”

However, that comment made Rainbow chuckle a little bit; causing Rarity to ask, “What are you laughing about, Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow stopped laughing and replied, “I’m sorry, it’s just we all know what’s wrong with what Fluttershy just said.”

“What?” Pinkie asked.

“When a couple get married; it’s supposed to be better than when they were dating. If it’s pretty much the same thing, then what was the point in getting married?”

Suddenly, Fluttershy thought for a minute; she didn’t like the idea, but Rainbow was right. She then said, “I suppose, because of all that’s been happening lately; we haven’t had time for just being a couple.”

Applejack then stepped forward and suggested something, “Let me tell you something, Sugarcube; you and Adam need a vacation. Just some time for you two to be on your own for a while; leave saving the city to us for a week or two.”

“Do you really think we can do that?” Fluttershy asked.

Rarity the said, “Of course, darling; you two haven’t even had a honeymoon yet.”

Fluttershy thought about it, and she thought it was an excellent and perfect idea; when this whole thing with the super-villains over, she and Adam were having some couples-time away from all this. No destruction, no battling, no life-threatening missions; just a normal married couple, having to some time away from the mayhem of super-hero life.


Spiderman let go of his web and landed on the roof of the CCPD as the night time came, he used another web-line to pry the vent hatch off its place; he then crawled down into the precinct. While crawling through the vents, Adam was contacted by Twilight and Sunset.

“Adam, we’ve discovered something. Turns out our victim is someone who works in the election campaigns; and guess whose.” Twilight explained.

Spidey replied, “Principle Celestia’s.”

“He shoots he scores.” Sunset then said. The question is, why would Bulls-eye target someone like that?”

Suddenly, Spiderman dropped out of the vent and swung onto the ceiling of the room he was in; he was in the precinct’s lobby, and he needed to get to the evidence room. The hero noticed some officers in the room; most likely the nightshift of the CCPD. And what Spiderman didn’t expect, was that the one person he didn’t want to be here, was here.

“Hurry up, I need those forms ready before nine.” Gilda said as came into Adam’s view from the ceiling. “One of these days, I’ll use my badge to expose Spiderman for the two-faced criminal he really is.” Spidey then noticed another familiar officer following his captain from behind.

Spear Head asked her, “Captain, do you mind if I ask; why do you hate Spiderman so much?”

The captain turned to the officer and replied, “Spear Head, you people need to learn that any man who wears a mask cannot be trusted. I mean, what is he hiding?”

“Maybe he wants to protect those he cares about.” The officer replied.

Gilda then stated, “Or, he wants to escape the long arm of the law; avoid paying the consequences for his reckless super-villain battles.” The captain then walked away, but she muttered, “If it weren’t for the so called ‘super-hero’ bringing super-villains into our city; maybe Captain Shining Armour would still be alive.”

That last part, Adam wished he hadn’t heard; as much as he hated to admit it, Shining Armour’s death was his fault. If he had been a better hero, Twilight would still have a brother, her parents would still have a son; and Cadence’s baby, that was born last month, would have a father.

Spiderman shook his head and focused, he crawled along the ceiling to get to the evidence room; he kept to the shadows to avoid getting caught.

When he finally reached the room, Adam knew he couldn’t go through the door; his eye-lenses scanned the walls, until he found vent he could use. Spiderman crawled into the vent, the he thought about something he should ask.

“Twilight, how much of Gilda and Spear Head’s conversation did you hear?” the hero asked.

The science girl then replied, “I heard all of it.” She then sighed at the thought.

Adam stopped in his tracks, and replied to her, “Twilight, I just want to say once again, how sorry I am that I couldn’t save him.”

“No Adam, not that song again; for the last time, it wasn’t your fault.” Twilight then said back to him.

Spiderman kept crawling and reached the end of the vent, he pushed it open and jumped down into the room. He looked around for an evidence box that was marked with today’s date; he found the box with the least amount of dust on it, and inside, was his clue. Bulls-eye’s dart, the exact same one he used the first time they fought on the roof of Canterlot Mall.

Once he had the weapon in his hand, Adam said, “Okay girls, run a scan.”

From the HQ, Sunset and Twilight scanned the dart; revealing the traces of the liquid inside it. Sunset had the results, she explained, “From the data we got from that thing; it seems the liquid is a jelly fish toxin.”

“Jelly fish toxin?” Adam repeated.

Twilight then confirmed it, “Yep, the effects of its coma inducing powers should only last a week or two.”

Spidey the said, “Long enough for Election Day to pass, and leaving Celestia with less supporters.” Adam had solved the case, “Bulls-eye is targeting Celestia’s election supporters in order to damage her campaign.”

Suddenly, an alert came up on Twilight’s computer; a crime report. She checked the report and explained what it was, “Spiderman, the police found another victim; he was found in the same condition as the first one. Bulls-eye struck another victim.”

“I’m gonna check it out.” Spiderman replied. The hero jumped back into the vent and crawled all the way through it to get to the roof; however, when he got there, he was met with a surprise.

Adam crawled out of the vent system, only to have a gun pointed at him from behind; his spider-sense went off slightly, alerting him of the danger and telling him to raise his hands. Spiderman put his hands up, he turned around slowly; to find Gilda to be the one pointing the gun at him.

“Wow, dreams do come true.” The captain said to the wall crawler. While keeping her gun pointed at him, she reached for her radio and spoke into it, “All units, report to the roof; I have just caught Spiderman, breaking in and now out of our precinct.”

Spiderman stepped forward slightly, “You don’t want to do this, captain.” He said to her.

“Oh, I do; I’ve wanted to do this ever since I heard the report about a man with spider powers lurking on the streets.” She replied. Gilda then explained something to Spidey, “It’s funny, all those years ago, Captain Shining Armour had the same idea; he wanted to follow the law and bring you in. But then you poisoned his mind, sold him some rubbish that you were a hero.”

Gilda lowered the gun and stepped closer to Spiderman, “That’s what you do; you think you’re helping, but you’re just making things worse. You give people hope, and then to you take it away when you can’t save everyone.”

Adam then looked her in the eye and replied, “I’m sorry you think that, captain; but I help who I can, even if they don’t want me to. Because it’s the right thing to do, and even you can see that; even if you don’t want to.” Suddenly, Spiderman jumped into the air and started web-swinging away; Gilda fired her gun at the hero, but it was too late, he was gone.


When Spiderman arrived at the scene, he was standing on a rooftop and looking down at the scene; the victim was already being loaded into an ambulance. Adam had to wait until the coast was clear before he could scan the crime scene for clues.

However, using the tech in his mask, Spidey listened to what the cops on the scene were saying; “Yeah, we’ve been ordered to bring in Spiderman if we see him.” The officer then folded his arms and said, “Bout time if you ask me.”

“You’re kidding me right, I have a seven year old daughter that adores Spiderman; what’s she gonna say if I put her hero in prison?” The other, younger looking officer explained.

His partner replied, “Buddy, if you ask me; she should look for a better role model.”

Once everything was done, the police and paramedics cleared out; leaving the place perfectly preserved for Spidey to find some evidence or clues. He swung down to the area and began his scan; he then heard Twilight and Sunset in his ear.

“Spidey, the report just came in about who the second victim is; our theory was right, another supporter of Celestia.” Twilight explained.

Adam used the same trick as before, after running a scan, he was shown a hologram of what had happened here. “Like before, the victim was just walking down the street, minding their own business; when the dart came from above and struck them in the neck.” Spidey explained.

The hero looked up at the building he was just standing on, that’s where Bull-eye was standing when he made the throw. So Spiderman quickly used his webs to get back to the top of the roof; once he was up there, he scanned the roof this time.

And as luck would have it, Bulls-eye was sloppy this time; he’d dropped something, something Spiderman could use to his advantage.

It was a small flash drive, Adam picked it up and plugged it into his web-shooter; he could see the data stored on it, as could Twilight and Sunset back at HQ. The data was a list of all Bulls-eye’s victims; the ones he had already dealt with and the ones yet to be taken out.

“Girls, are you seeing this?” Spiderman asked.

The list showed that Celestia herself was the next victim; what was curious, the names all had times next to them. Spidey ran the tests and calculations, and the times mark on the list were the exact times that the victims was struck down; and now it was Celestia’s turn, and her time was in two minutes.

Twilight gasped, “Adam, you need to hurry; Celestia has only got moments left.”

“Where is she?” the hero replied.

“Her campaign office, down town.” Sunset then replied. The girls sent Adam the coordinates and he sprinted into action, swing towards the right building before it was too late.


Spiderman had less than a minute before the hit-man was going to make his move; if he failed, the city would never let him hear the end of it. That and a valuable member of society would be in a hospital bed, hooked up to life-support.

As the hero got closer to the location, he could see Celestia locking the door and going home for the evening; her being outside would give Bull-eye and clear shot at her.

Meanwhile, standing on the roof of the building opposite the campaign office; the hit-man was aiming his dart at his target. He muttered to himself, “And with this job, I say, ‘Let there be chaos’.” Without hesitation, Bulls-eye threw the dart; it was now on a direct course towards Celestia’s neck.

When suddenly, Celestia was scooped in the air by Spiderman and moved out of the way; the dart hit the sidewalk and released its toxins. However, the liquid just poured along the concrete and into the sewer drain.

“What, I missed? I never miss; never!” Bulls-eye stated in anger. He saw he had no choice but to run for it.

Celestia turned to see the one who saved her, Spiderman put her down and said, “There you go.” She looked down at the thing that almost hit her, and was grateful that Spiderman had saved.

“Oh, thank you.” She said, before giving him a quick hug. “Oh, have the police been wrong about you.”

Adam then looked up at the roof, he saw Bulls-eye getting away; he turned back to Celestia and said, “Excuse me, please.” He then shot a web-line and started swinging after him.

Bulls-eye was running across the rooftops, until he was stopped in his tracks; Spiderman landed in front of him.

The wall-crawler stared at the villain, and then said, “Time to give it up, Bulls-eye.”

“Never!” he replied. Suddenly, he threw a dart at the hero; Adam dodged it and hid behind something.

The roof they were standing on was vaguely large, Bulls-eye was standing in the centre of a prism shaped vent structure; it had four entrances into the system, all joined together, like a cross. What the villain didn’t know, was that there was a fifth way to get in; he was standing on it. A hidden hatch that Spiderman could use to surprise him.

Luckily, the night sky hid him; but Bulls-eye shined a torched strapped to his wrist, Adam had to be quiet and say in the darkness.

So Spiderman moved quietly through the roof’s decorations, he hid behind each one before seeing if it was safe to move on; at certain points, Bulls-eye would hear footsteps and throw a dart in that general direction, but would miss.

Spiderman finally reached the entrance to the vents, he crawled through them to get right underneath Bulls-eye; when the time was right, Spiderman jumped out of the vents and tied Bulls-eye up in webs. The villain dropped all his darts and was defenceless; giving Adam the chance to deliver a strong punch to his face, knocking him out cold.

A while later, Bulls-eye was hanging upside down, from a lamppost; ready for the police to find him and pick him up. Meanwhile, Adam was sitting above the area; just watching the villain hang there.

“One less bad guy to worry about in the future.” Adam muttered.

Spiderman then jumped off the roof and started swing home, another job well done for the good night’s work.


Adam landed on the roof of his apartment building, he was ready to go home to his wife and turn in for the night. Unfortunately, a hero’s work is never done; on the comms, Twilight informed him of something that was going down this very moment.

“Adam, Adam; Spiderman, come in.” Twilight said.

Spidey replied with, “Hey Twilight, the police have Bulls-eye and the city is safe again. Time for bed I think.”

But Twilight just shouted, “What, no; there’s no time. Adam, a helicopter that was taking Celestia to a safe house is being attacked by something; they say it’s some cackling maniac on a glider.”

That gave Adam the boost to go back to work, he jumped off the roof and began swinging back to the city streets; with the location from Twilight, he knew where to go. The description of the attack was all too familiar to Spidey; the new goblin.


Meanwhile, the helicopter was flying dangerous close to the buildings; but the pilot saw it was the only way to get away from the thing attacking them. Celestia was strapped into her seat in the back, she was able to look out the window and see what was flying around out there.

Menace was flying his glider in circles around the helicopter, throwing pumpkin bombs in the air; the bombs just missed the chopper every time, but the explosions would cause it to experience some turbulence.

The villain was talking to himself while he did his work, “Are you sure this is the best thing to do?”

“Of course, she was to bring this city to order; and we want chaos. So finish her!” The voice in Discord’s head replied.

“Well okay.” He said back.

Discord threw another pumpkin bomb at the helicopter, this time, it was a direct hit to the tale-rotor; the chopper began spinning out of control.

But not far away, Spiderman had arrived on the scene and saw the helicopter go down; he had to catch it before it caused even more damaged, or killed the people inside. Luckily, the chopper was moving over the park; this gave Spidey an idea.

After spinning a web, Adam landed on the side of the chopper; using his strength, he pried off the door and threw it away. He then reached into the cogpit and pulled the guy out. “Sorry buddy.” He stated, before throwing the guy away; he safely landed in the lake.

The hero then crawled to the back seat and got Celestia out of the chopper, “Thank you.” She muttered. Spiderman leaped off the chopper and allowed it to crash into the park, the explosion was pretty small, but it did cause some damage.

When Celestia and Spiderman landed on the ground, she ran away from his side quickly to look up at the sky; she could see the creature that attacked her helicopter fly away.

Suddenly, Adam could hear police cars; not wanting to answer any of the polices’ questions, he quickly began swing away.


When Discord landed his glider on the roof of the toy factory and took his mask off, he stared down at the rubber face and muttered, “I don’t know if I can do this.”

“What are you bumbling about, you idiot?” The Goblin voice replied. “Spiderman is all but invincible, but his other half, his real name; we can destroy him.”

“I can’t, I’m not a murderer like you are. This is not the legacy I wanted, just a little harmless chaos.” Discord said as he sat down with the mask in his hands. He held it up, like if the goblin mask was speaking to him.

“The trail was must not be stopped or cut short; Spiderman must be educated.”

Looking desperate, Discord replied, “What do I do?”

“Instruct him in the ways of loss and pain; make him suffer, make him wish he were dead. Then when he’s at his weakest, grant his wish.”

“How?” Discord questioned.

“The cunning warrior attacks neither mind, nor body.”

Discord then shouted, “Tell me how!”

The goblin voice answered with, “The heart, Discord; first, we attack his heart.”