• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 401 Views, 0 Comments

Spiderman Equestria's Hero: Season 3 - Adamverse



The latest instalment of the life of FimFiction's favourite web-slinger.

  • ...
5
 0
 401

Disharmony: Internet Famous

At Adam’s place of work, Diamond Tiara was going over the footage that he had brought in; the recordings of the Spider-Slayer takedown that happed yesterday. To Adam’s surprise, his boss actually looked impressed with the work.

“Wow, this looks incredible; Spiderman taking down Spider-Slayer with one of his partners.” Diamond Tiara thought for minute, “Maybe Spidey ain’t so bad after all.”

Adam then replied, “I’m glad you think that way now.”

“I was only joking.” She said back to him. “Clearly Spiderman wanted to attack the press conference first, but Smythe got in the way; and the two rivals started battling and destroying public property.”

This wasn’t the best for Adam, another person who only see’s Spiderman as a menace; and is now using the video that Adam brought in to prove her point. As much as he didn’t want another reason for this city to hate him, he had to keep the job; he made a promise to his wife.

“So, what can I get for this video footage?” Adam asked, thinking about his payment.

The boss turned to him and replied, “This video will probably get you, fifty bucks.”

Suddenly, the expression on Adam’s face changed; he was not going to give this footage away so cheap, “No way, I deserve at least two-hundred for getting that close to the danger. I have family to provide for.”

“Fine, Mr ‘I have a family’; see Sliver Spoon at the assistants desk, she’ll give you a hundred and seventy-five for it.”

“Done.” Adam replied.

Before the hero left, the boss quickly said, “By the way, if you want a permanent job here; keep bringing me footage, I’ll keep paying you for it.” Diamond Tiara sat back down and said, “Thank you, bye-bye.”

Adam went out to the assistant’s desk and spoke to Silver Spoon; she quickly wrote him a check, and gave it to him. With the money he had earned in his pocket, he left the building; he went home after that.



When Spidey got home, he was greeted by his loving wife at the door; when she saw him, she ran towards him and jumped on him. Adam caught her in his arms and put her back on the ground, they both joined in a loving kiss; when the pulled away, Fluttershy wanted to talk about something.

“Adam, now that we’re married; I think it’s time you spent time with someone.” Fluttershy explained.

“Who, my love?”

She was hesitant, because even she knew how ‘annoying’ this person could be; but she just said it, “My brother, Zephyr Breeze.”

Adam smiled and spoke, his teeth didn’t move as he spoke, “Wonderful.” He said, trying to not to sound annoyed. He remembered Zephyr, couldn’t keep a good job to save his life; his most recent terminated employment was a taxi driver in Fillydelphia.

Fluttershy said, “I know he’s not the most easy person to be around, but I want you two to spend some time together. I have a brunch set up for you guys, tomorrow; you can meet him at Sugar Cube Corner.” She the saw the look on her beloved’s face about the idea. “Hey, promise me you’ll at least try to be friends with him.”

“Anything for you, Fluttershy; you know I would do anything.” Adam replied.

When the two had finished talking, Fluttershy yawned; Adam noticed this as she was finding it hard to keep her eyes open. “I think it’s time to get you to bed.” He said, lifting her into his arms, bridle style.

Adam carried her to bed, they both changed into their night-clothes and fell asleep in each other’s arms. They always found peace in listening to the each other lightly snore.


Meanwhile, across the city, Discord was sitting in the manager’s office; he was reading a newspaper, it told the report about last night’s little incident.

“Unbelievable; already, they fear me.” The villain muttered to himself. “Those scientists will be so mad when they discover their lab is gone.”

“Do you not remember, Discord?”

Discord suddenly heard that creepy voice again, he looked over at the mirror; the being wasn’t in his true form, he just looked like Discord’s reflection. “Last night, you brought down true chaos; and other people paid the price for it.”

“What?” Discord was suddenly confused and concerned.

The reflection replied, “Look closer at the print.”

The Lord of Chaos read the print out loud, he didn’t like what he was reading, “It was believed that three scientists were in the lab during the time of the explosions, however, no survivors.” It took Discord a minute to figure it out, “You killed them.”

“We killed them.” The reflection said as Discord turned back to it.

“We?”

Discord’s reflection told him what he meant, “I’ll admit, I did take the wheel for a minute or two while we were out there, but you still had fun, right?”

“No, I just wanted my legacy back; I didn’t want to become a murderer!” Discord shouted.

But the reflection wouldn’t listen, “It’s too late, the damage has been done; and now it’s time to finish the job.” The reflection was becoming kind of creepy, even for Discord’s liking. “There is, only one that can stop us; but, imagine if he joined us.” The reflection then began chuckling.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light; Discord looked at his reflection, all was normal. He moved his had in front of the glass, his reflection did exactly what he did; after that, he left the office. Discord stepped out into the main room, where he found Bulls-eye and Dragon-Man messing around with toy that doubled as weapons.

“So, one of us is already back in jail.” Discord stated.

Dragon-Man replied, “He shouldn’t have gone off on his own; still it was nice having him in the group, I mean we had a song and everything.”

Discord then noticed that someone else was missing from their crew. “Where is my daughter, Screwball?”

“She said she wanted to go out, some we didn’t stop her.” Bulls-eye replied.

The Lord of Chaos then shouted, “What!”

“Oh sorry, were we supposed to stop her?”


It was the middle of the night, Adam was sound asleep, with his arms around his beautiful wife; but the nice sleep came to an end when his phone started ringing. The hero sat up and checked his phone; turns out, Rainbow Dash was on the line.

“Rainbow, what do you want? It’s the middle of the night.” Adam said.

She replied, “Adam, you might want to check the internet; Screwball’s live-streaming.”

Adam quickly used his phone to pull up the internet, he found the live-stream that Screwball was broadcasting; but he turned the volume down so not to wake up Fluttershy.

Screwball cheered, “What is up, party people! We are here at my secret location for a very important ‘return show’; I know all my followers missed me while I was in jail. So now I’m going to start my shows back up and for my first; I’m having a special guest, Spiderman!” As Adam watched, he shook his head with disappointment.

“And to make sure he comes to find me, I have another guest; a hostage!” Screwball then turned her camera to someone behind her, tied up; however, they were too distant to see the person’s face.

That convinced Adam, he needed to get out there and stop Screwball before she did something there was no coming back from. Spidey quietly got out of bed and changed into his suit; he then tip-toed out the room and jumped out the window, he started swinging through the city.


Spiderman landed on a tower, he pulled out his phone to continue watching the live-stream.

Screwball was now sending a message to the wall-crawler, “Okay Spiderman, I know you’re watching by now, so here’s how this is going to work; you should be able to trace this signal to a location where you’ll have to complete a challenge in order to get the next location.”

Before he could start, Adam noticed a drone fly up beside him; Screwball then said, “And to make sure we get everyone in the city watching, this drone is going to be following you and recording what you do. And don’t worry about any of your secret identity rubbish, this drone isn’t recording your audio, scouts honour. Oh and if you try and destroy the drone, I’ll kill the hostage; ready, set, go.”

The video was then changed to the drone’s camera, recording Adam; he realised that the only way to save that hostage was to play along with Screwball’s game, so that’s what he did. Spiderman began swinging to the location that he’d tracked.

The signal led him to the roof of an old apartment building; on that roof, was a projector, projecting Screwball’s logo onto a wall. Next to the projector, was an audio recorder; Spidey picked it up and played the recording.

“Hey Spiderman, I see you made it. Anyway, you first challenge is pretty simple; defuse the bomb that I planted somewhere in this abandoned building. Sure no one will be killed, because there’s no one inside; but the falling debris could cause some minor problems, your choice.”

Spiderman dropped the recorder and jumped off the roof, he then swung on web and crashed through the boarded up window. “Gotta find that bomb.” He stated. So using his spider-sense, he looked through the house; his sense was like having a metal detector.

Suddenly, he sensed the explosive in one of the rooms he was checking, but he didn’t see it anywhere; which led to one conclusion, the bomb was in the wall. Spidey used his strength to punch through the plaster, he then tore the bomb out of the wall; he looked at the count don on it, he had only a few seconds left.

He thought quickly and threw the bomb out the window and into the sky; in a quick flash of light, the bomb exploded. When the smoke cleared, Adam crawled back up to the roof; when he got there, his phone started vibrating, Screwball was still live-streaming.

“Way ‘da go Spiderman, you passed the first test; but next one will at the coordinates tapes to the back of the voice-recorder-thing.” Screwball explained. “So don’t be late.” Adam got the location and started swing towards it, this was going to be a long night.


Meanwhile, across the city, Twilight was at home; she was up late working on new spider-tech for herself, and possibly Adam as well. While she worked, Spike was woken up by the noises she was making; his eyes fluttered open and he walked over to her.

“Twilight, what are you doing; it’s the middle of the night.” Spike said.

“I know Spike, but I have to get this done; it could be vital to stopping the last of these super-villains.” Twilight explained. She then put down her tools and put on her web-shooter, “Now I just need to test this new stuff.”

She aimed the ‘shooter at the back wall, she then fired; a small device was flung out, it suddenly blasted webs all over the room. Everything was covered in webs, even Twilight and Spike; the opened their eyes to see the mess that they had made.

“Was it supposed to do that?” Spike asked.

Twilight replied, “I call it the Web-Disperser; capable of releasing more webs than all the spiders put together. An easier way to trap enemies if they’re over whelming me or Adam.” She got out of her chair and decided to get a mop, “Let’s get this place cleaned up before mom and dad wake up.”

Spike followed her to the kitchen to get cleaning supplies, now they had a long night ahead of them.


Adam had made it to the next location; and once again, he found a projection of Screwball’s logo on a wall, and another audio-recorder; he played the recording to see what his next challenge was going to be.

“Okay, number one fan; it’s time for a new game, one that I’ll think will get the blood pumping. And if my guys do their jobs right, the blood will be spilling to.”

The audio suddenly stopped, and Adam’s spider-sense went off; he turned around and saw that a group of thugs was closing in on him, wearing jackets with Screwball’s logo on it.

“Okay, I get the picture.” Spidey knew that his next challenge was obviously to defeat the thugs in order to continue. So that’s what he did.

Spiderman web-zipped towards one of the thugs, and kicked him to the ground. Another guy tried to punch the hero from behind, but he jumped out of the way and shot him with an Impact Web; it webbed him to the wall the projection was on. The three guys that were left all ganged up on Spiderman; one guy even managed to land a hit on him, so Spidey had to these guys down.

The hero jumped up and shot a web at one of the guys, he then fired another web which attached to one of the others; finally, he shot a web at the third guy. To stop all three at once, Adam jumped off the roof, pulling the webs along with him; the three crooks were pulled off the roof, but before they hit the ground, and shot the end of the webs to the side of the building.

So as the three thugs were just hanging there, Spiderman landed on the top of a lamppost; he looked up to admire his work. The hero took out his phone and pulled the live-stream up, he wanted to see how Screwball was going to react.

“Note to self, get tougher guys.” She then turned to the camera and said, “You know what Spiderman, you’ve earned it; I’m sending you the hostage’s location. Enjoy.” The live-stream then ended; Adam’s phone vibrated and he had the location of the hostage, so he began swinging towards the location.


When Spiderman landed on the ground, he in front of an old abandoned fire-station; and through the gaps in the large red doors, Adam could see the hostage tied to a chair. Before he went in, he asked himself, “What is it with criminals and hiding people in abandoned buildings?”

Never the less, Adam lifted the door up and walked inside the fire-station; he said to the hostage, “Its okay, I’m going to get you out of here.”

“Oh thank you, Spiderman; thank you so much.” The hostage wasn’t even tied up, when she stood up and turned to face Spiderman, he saw who it was. “Thank you for all the followers I just got.”

“Screwball?!” Adam gasped.

She pointed her phone at him and said, “Would you like to say something to the camera? How does it feel to find out you just helped me get up to one million followers in just one night?”

“You’ve been playing me this whole time, there never even was a hostage.” Spiderman stated.

Screwball replied, “Oh don’t take it so personally, it’s just one of those things. Okay boys, I’m done with him; he’s all yours.” Spiderman’s sense went off, he turned around and saw another group of criminals closing in on him. Screwball however, she pushed a button on her shoes and ran out the door; her shoes were glowing, which made her able to jump to the roof of a nother building.

“Where’d she get those from?” Spidey asked. The hero then turned back to the thugs he was up against. “Question for another time, I think.”

One of the thugs charge towards him, but Spiderman jumped over him and used his webs to grab him; he threw the crook into the group. However a brute, who was there, wasn’t knocked down like the rest; he just pushed them out of the way and charge towards the spider.

He tackled Adam to the ground and started punching him rapidly; Spidey wasn’t just going to take this beating, he thought quickly on how to get out of this. Spiderman quickly sprayed webs into the thug’s eye to temporally blind him; once he couldn’t see, Adam upper-cutted his chin and kicked him away.

The brute landed on top of the rest of them, since he was knocked out and heavy, the rest of them were trapped.

Spiderman webbed them up for the police, he then said, “I better get home, get so rest. I’m meeting with…” he then shivered with cringe on his face. “My brother-in-law.” Adam then jumped into the air and began swinging home to get some sleep.


The next day, at Sugar Cube Corner, Adam was keeping the promise he made to Fluttershy; he’d met Zephyr Breeze there, and so far, neither of them had said anything.

They both just sat in silence, but the silence was broken when Adam decided to start a conversation; he said, “So, Fluttershy thinks that we should spend some time together; because now we’re related, sort of.”

“I know, what a stupid idea. You know, my big sister could never come up with a good idea when we were younger; could not stand up for herself at all.” Zephyr replied.

Adam held back the emotions that statement made him feel, he simply said, “Can you please not talk about my wife like that?”

But Zephyr said back, “Oh please, she was my sister before she was your wife. To be honest, I never actually saw what she saw in you.” Suddenly, Zephyr got an alert on his phone; after reading the message, he turned back to his brother-in-law and said, “You know, I think I have something much more fun for us to do.”

He got up and left the restaurant, Adam there was no other option but to follow him; they both made their way to the location Zephyr Breeze had been sent. He led the two of them to an alley behind an old building; he pulled a fire escape ladder down and began climbing up it, Adam climbed up after him.

When they reached the roof, Adam didn’t expect to find what they found.

It was a party, a party dedicated to Screwball.

“What’s going on here?” Adam asked.

Zephyr replied, “It’s a party, to celebrate Screwball getting one million followers; I still can’t believe she tricked Spiderman into helping her with that whole fake hostage thing.” Adam didn’t like being reminded of the little event that happened last night.

“You might want to stick around, rumour is; Screwball herself might even make an appearance.” Zephyr then went off to get some punch.

Adam however saw this as an opportunity; a chance to catch Screwball before she goes out and causes even more danger. So the hero slipped away and changed into his outfit; it was a shame that he didn’t get the day out with his brother-in-law that Fluttershy wanted them to have.

A few minutes later, Adam arrived back at the party; he jumped off a web and landed in the middle of the party, now in his Spiderman outfit.

He began walking through the party, trying to find Screwball; however, while he looked around, someone was calling him on his com-device. “Go for Spidey.” He answered.

Fluttershy was on the line, “Adam, what are you doing; I tried ringing you on phone, but you didn’t answer. If you’ve answered this phone, it means you’re wearing your suit; why?” she asked.

Spiderman replied, “I’m sorry, sweetheart; Zephyr brought me to this rooftop party; but it turns out its being dedicated to Screwball and she might show up. I figured this would be my best chance to catch her.”

“Wait, Zephyr’s there? Adam, if this Screwball girl is dangerous, then you need to get him out of there.” Fluttershy replied.

But that’s when Adam realised something; no one was bothering to say anything about Spiderman being at the party, it was like they couldn’t even see him. Spidey turned to the stage, a large crate with Screwball’s logo painted on it was just sitting there.

“I’ll have to call you back, honey.” He said to his wife.

She replied, “Okay, Adam; go get ’em tiger.” They both then hanged up.

Spiderman crawled up onto the stage and examined the crate; however, when he got too close, something happened.

From the speakers, Adam and the whole party could hear a voice, Screwball’s voice; the voice announced, “What is up, party people!? Look around guys, cause we have a special guest; the man who made all this possible, Spiderman.”

Suddenly, the crate exploded open; and running away from the party, was Screwball herself. She was hiding in the crate, and now she was getting away; so Spiderman jumped off the roof and began swinging after her.

“Come on, Spidey; the people are watching!” Screwball she shouted.

The web-slinger was leaping from building to building chasing after her; he even shouted to her, “Screwball, this is crazy. You’re going to hurt someone!”

Adam’s spider-sense then tingled, he noticed a bomb on the rooftop he was swinging past; planted there by Screwball to keep him distracted. Even though it was a diversion, Spiderman had to get rid of the bomb; using him webs, he lifted the bomb into the air and threw it away, it safely exploded in the air.

When that was done, he kept chasing after Screwball; he began speaking with her as the chase happened. “What are you getting out of this Screwball; most villains I take down have an end-goal, but I don’t think you have one. I think you’re just a victim of your own fans.”

“Not true.” She shouted back. “I have a responsibility as a role model to my fans.”

Spidey replied, “Your fans don’t care about you, why do you care about them?” She didn’t answer, Adam then said, “It’s time you stop this and admitted what you’re doing is wrong.”

Screwball shouted back, “You’re just mad because I have more followers than you do.”

Spiderman then saw an opening, he fire an Impact Web which tied Screwball up in webs; she stopped in her tracks and fell to her knees. Adam walked up beside her and knelt down to her level; he said, “Time to go, Screwy.”

He stood her up and said, “If you lucky, I’ll let you live-stream on the way to the station.”

But suddenly, Adam’s spider-sense went off again; something dropped from the sky, Adam turned to the object and recognised it almost instantly. “Get down!” he cried, pushing Screwball down with him. The orange grenade exploded, causing a powerful blast; before Adam could get up, he was scooped up by something.

Adam was being held, facing forward; but he said, “Okay, Goblin; I don’t how you’re back. But I’m ending this properly this time.” Spidey was then turned to face his captor, only to find it wasn’t who he thought it was. “What, you’re not the Green Goblin.”

“That’s right, I’m not that old relic; I’m something new. A true menace to this city.” The goblin then thought for a sec, “Oh yeah; from now on, call me…. The Menace!”

Spiderman tried to break free from his grip, but he was so strong; Menace then began punching his stomach. After a few blows, Menace then remembered something he needed to ask Spiderman.

The two of them touched down on a nearby rooftop; the villain threw Adam down and began explaining his motive. “I remember something, web-head; you turned down the Goblin’s offer of friendship.” Spidey looked up at him. “But now I offer you the same choice; there are eight-million people in this city, the one thing they love more than a hero, is to watch a hero fail. Fall, or die trying.”

Adam was leaning up against a wall, trying to get his strength back; Menace walked up to him and leaned against the wall, “Join me, together we could turn this city upside down; or we could battle none stop, just like you and the Green Goblin did.”

The hero looked up at the villain, then said, “I won’t join you, I will never stop fighting for good.”

“How touching.” Menace replied. “But remember this one thing; Spiderman is nothing, without a goblin causing destruction. That’s the cycle, and it can’t be broken.” Menace then ran to the end of the roof and jumped off, he flew away on his glider.

After some small rests, Adam got up and made his way home.


When Spiderman arrived at his apartment, Fluttershy greeted him as usual; however, she turned to him and didn’t look like she was in the best mood.

“I just got off the phone with Zephyr; he just said you ditched him at a party you both went to. Why, Adam?” Fluttershy asked. Adam took his mask off and fell onto the couch from the pain he was feeling in his stomach from the punching he received.

Fluttershy gasped when she saw her beloved fall over; she rushed to his aid, “Are you alright?”

“There’s a new Goblin.” Adam muttered. The moment he said that, all was silent.