• Published 26th Jan 2021
  • 883 Views, 21 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Saiyan Battle - Masterob



Goku has come to Equestria to battle strong opponents. Spider-Man and Twilight must round up friends to assist.

  • ...
6
 21
 883

A Brand New World to Explore? Showdown in Equestria!

The various worlds of Marvel, Capcom, Equestria and even recently with Square all had something in common, very powerful fighters who can face the deadliest of enemies, heroes and warriors who would not run from danger, but rather face it head on.

The Marvel world containing Superheroes like Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man and Wolverine. The Capcom world containing Warriors like Ryu, Chun-Li, Chris Redfield and Dante. The world of Equestria containing the likes of Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie. Even Square had heroes such as Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Tidus and Lightning.

But not too far off, another world existed, one that the Draconequus Discord knew about, the Dragon World, containing power warriors from Planet Earth, Planet Namek as well as Planet Vegeta, home of the Saiyans, two of them standing out the most.

The first being the Prince of the Saiyans, the warrior with the same name as his planet, Prince Vegeta, who's battle tactics were admired by all those two fought by him or against him. The second was his rival, the Saiyan raised on Earth, the Warrior Son Goku. Some may call him a bit of a ditz due to his naïve nature, but there's no denying that he's got the heart of a Saiyan Warrior, and the strength to back it up.

The two had been sparring when Discord had contacted them, offering them both a chance to really test their skills and get a good fight in out of it. While hesitant to trust Discord, especially Vegeta, the two figured it was worth a try, hoping that this wasn't just some ruse.

In the Dragon World, Goku and Vegeta were seen standing before two open portals, one for Goku to enter, and one for Vegeta. "Here are your destination gents, I trust you know what to do."

"Uh...can you run it by me again? I kind of forgot," Goku sheepishly stated.

Vegeta rolled his eyes in annoyance, "You have the memory of a fish."

"It's fine Prince Vegeta, I want this to go as smoothly as possible so I'll explain it again," Discord said. "Goku, you will be going to a world called Equestria, where a powerful Spider based hero named Peter Parker exists. I want you to go there and do battle against him."

"Right, a powerful hero, is he really that strong though?" Goku asked.

"Oh yes, very much so," Discord said. "I dare say he's one of the strongest in the multiverse. Of course getting him to fight might be tricky since he usually doesn't like to fight unless he needs to."

"Why do you want me to fight him?" Goku asked. "I mean, I'm all for fighting strong guys but you do seem rather interested in making it happen."

"Call it training," Discord said. "The boy needs to keep his skills sharp, I sense danger in his world and having a strong person like you to fight him and keep him on guard seems like the best idea."

"Well, nothing wrong with that," Goku said. "I mean if Gohan hadn't slacked he'd be much stronger, so I'll do my part to help someone stay strong enough to beat up baddies."

"Well since you're recapping, remind me why I have to enter this other world, what you call 'Capcom'," Vegeta said.

"Just to give them a wake-up call," Discord said. "See they think their world has the strongest warriors and they like to travel and beat up warriors from other worlds, I need you to remind them that they're not really that great, you know, just to keep them from causing trouble."

"What's in it for me anyway?" Vegeta asked.

"A good fight?" Discord said. "I mean, they are pretty strong, but you just need to show that you're stronger. My suggestion, ask for a guy named Ryu."

Vegeta still looked very unsure, something about this creature concerned him, Vegeta couldn't really get a good reading on him either. Discord's power level did feel a bit weak compared to his, but he did get a glimpse of Discord's magic, and Vegeta knows first hand just how dangerous magic can be.

"Kakarot, a word," Vegeta said, pulling Goku aside and maintaining a distance from Discord, the human-disguised Draconequss just rubbing his chin.

"Such a lack of trust, but that comes with being a hardened warrior I suppose," Discord said. "So generic honestly, the tough guy trusts no one, at least Goku subverts expectations a little."

As the two were further along, Vegeta began to voice his concerns. "Kakarot, do you really trust this man?"

"I mean, he seems like he's being honest," Goku said. "And having new warriors to fight would be interesting."

"So that's it, you're not even going to think about it?" Vegeta asked. "What if this is a trap or something? What if he double crosses us?"

"Hey we'll keep an eye out, plus I don't think there's much he can do, he doesn't seem that strong," Goku said.

"Neither was Babidi, and you know damn well what happened then," Vegeta said.

"Yeah, you got mind controlled," Goku pointed out. "But only because you still had evil in your heart, now you're a nice, swell person who loves and cares for others."

Vegeta grimaced at the thought of him being some goody-two shoes. "I am no such thing! Just because I won't destroy this planet doesn't mean I'm everyone's best friend or something! Far as I'm concerned you and your friends are a bunch of nuisances."

"Come on Vegeta, you know it sounds like fun," Goku said, making his way back to Discord.

"Fine, I'm not doing anything anyway, but the moment they start to bore me I'm leaving," Vegeta said.

"Oh I doubt you'll be bored," Discord said. "You'll have a grand time."

"Also, I'll be keeping an eye on you," Vegeta warned. "Try anything funny while I'm out there and I'll kill you."

"Ooh, touchy, don't worry, I wouldn't be foolish enough to get on your bad side," Discord insisted, smirking deviously. "Also Goku, your form might change in that world, so do be careful."

"Huh? Change how?" Goku asked.

"What about my form?" Vegeta asked.

"Ciao," Discord said, just using his magic to nudge them both into their respective portals.

Goku landed on the other side, feeling a bit dizzy from his trip, "Oh, I think I'm gonna puke." The Saiyan man did his best to keep it in, taking a moment to relax and figure himself out. He noticed that he was standing near a fancy looking castle. "Now...where exactly am I?" Suddenly he began transforming and within seconds, he had taken the shape of an Earth Pony. "Uh, what the!? Is this the form that weird old guy mentioned!?" Goku looked around his body, he truly was a pony. "That's so strange."

Goku took to the air and started throwing some jabs, he still had some speed but he didn't feel all his power yet. Most likely due to his new form, all he had to do was break it in a bit. During this however, a pony with a round shield had noticed the once Saiyan man down below, getting very confused and suspicious.

"What's happening now?"

Goku landed back on the ground, still throwing some punches and kicks, "Might need a bit more but I think I'll get the hang of it once my fight starts."

"Excuse me, can I help you?" This got Goku's attention and he turned around, coming face-to-face with Steve Rogers, the hero once known as Captain America.

"Oh hi, I'm here looking for a guy named uh..." Goku tapped his chin. "Peter...Spider? Wait I think I got that wrong."

"What's your business with this person you're after?" Cap asked, already somewhat suspicious.

"I heard he was strong, so I came to fight him," Goku said.

Cap scratched his head in confusion, not the answer he was expecting unless...."Are you from Capcom?"

"Uh no, my friend went there though, why are they still being pushy jerks?" Goku asked. "I heard they liked beating people up to feel stronger or something."

"Uh not entirely wrong, but bit of an exaggeration" Cap shook it off, now was not the time to think about this. "Alright, you're going to have to leave, we have enough going on without some random person showing up and trying to fight anyone here."

"Oh come on, I came all this way, that Discord guy told me I could get a good fight," Goku said.

"Discord!?" Cap asked. "Alright, I'm gonna need you to tell me everything you know."

"Uh...know what?" Goku asked. "About Discord?"

"You can't really be this dense," Cap said, looking pitifully confused. "Look, I want answers, and if I have to fight them out of you I will!"

"Wait, you can fight too!?" Goku asked.

"Of course, I'm one of the strongest fighters in this world," Cap said, getting into a stance. "Now you have a choice, leave now or-"

"I'm fighting," Goku said, getting into stance as well.

Cap raised his eyebrow, "Are you serious, this isn't a-"

"You're open!" Goku threw a punch. Cap quickly blocked with his shield but the force still knocked him back, skidding across the ground.

Cap looked in Goku's direction, staring in disbelief. That was an incredible amount of power, whoever this person was, he was certainly no push-over. "Great, like we need this nonsense right now."

"Uh, I think I dented your shield, hope that wasn't important or anything," Goku said.

"What do you mean..." Cap looked over and saw his mangled up shield, while not impossible to dent, it did say something abut this person's strength. "Eh, I can buff that out." Cap stood up to take a stance, "Still, if he can do that with one punch..."

"You look serious, I bet this is gonna be really fun!" Goku said, taking a stance. "Get ready!"

Goku rushed in, faster than Cap could anticipate and threw another punch, getting Cap in the chest, the Avenger really feeling that one. He stood back up and rushed in with a few punches and kicks, trying to knock Goku off balance.

Cap spun into a backfist, then spun back into a knee to Goku's stomach and a punch across his jaw. Something about punching this guy did feel like punching a wall, a hard one, even for Cap.

Goku parried a second punch to his jaw and threw a punch of his own, the hero again blocking, this time with his forelegs, but the force was too much for him and he was knocked upwards through the castle walls.

This came as a surprise to Celestia, who happened to be in the room that Cap got knocked into, as she was busy reading some documents from a neighboring country. "What in Equestria!?"

"We have a problem Princess," Cap said, getting back on his hooves.

"Another villain?" Celestia asked.

"I...honestly don't know," Cap said as Goku appeared at the hole, looking a little surprised.

"Whoops, didn't mean to cause any damage," Goku said. "Maybe fighting in an area with a lot of buildings isn't a good idea."

"Who are you!?" Celestia asked.

"Me? My name is Goku, I'm here to fight strong guys," Goku replied.

"That does seem to be his motivation, but I don't think he's from the Capcom world," Cap said.

"My friend Vegeta's going there to fight their strong guys, I came here looking for some guy called Spider," Goku explained. "I hope he shows up soon."

Celestia looked rather confused and mildly annoyed, "Look, I don't understand your reasoning but you cannot come to this world to pick fights, I've had enough of that lately and I really don't need more headaches."

"You look really fancy, are you a queen or something?" Goku asked.

"I'm a Princess actually, and don't change the subject!" Celestia said. "If you don't march yourself out of my world then I'll-"

"Princess!" Cap called. "Mind your temper, do not let this get the better of you."

Celestia took a moment to take a breath, heeding Cap's advice, "Thank you Steve, I almost lost my composure there."

Goku scratched his head, "Uh...is something suppose to be going on here?"

"Why are you even here?" Celestia asked. "What brings you to my world?"

"Looking for some Spider guy, then this one with his fancy shield that looks like the mark on your butt wanted to fight me," Goku said.

"Beg your pardon!?" Celestia said, looking a bit annoyed.

"What is wrong with this guy!?" Cap wondered. He turned to Celestia, "He seems interested in fighting Peter for whatever reason."

"Is his name Peter or Spider?" Goku asked. "I heard Spider."

"Uh...it's his Superhero name...do you know what a Superhero is?" Cap asked.

It took Goku a moment to figure it out, then remembered something crucial, "Oh yeah, superheroes! Like my son Gohan, he calls himself The Great Saiyaman!"

"Exactly...wait, your son's a hero?" Cap asked. "And what's a 'Saiyaman'?"

"Actually, I don't know if I was suppose to tell you, he doesn't like telling anyone for some reason," Goku said. "So mind keeping that a secret?"

"I can relate to his plight, so of course, just be careful, secret identities are not to be taken lightly," Cap warned. "Of course Peter has dropped his and uses the Spider-Man name for his own reasons."

"Cool, now can you take me to him so we can fight?" Goku asked.

"You're really eager for this fight, are you sure you're not from Capcom?" Cap asked.

"I already told you, Vegeta went to that world, I'm here to fight the spider person," Goku explained. "I hope he's really strong!"

"He is very powerful," Cap said, though wondered if even Peter would withstand the strength from this strange warrior. "Give me a second, I need to speak with Princess Celestia. Stay here and don't touch anything."

"Uh, right," Goku said, standing completely still.

Cap went out into the balcony where Celestia followed, the sun princess quite concerned and confused by the arrival of this mysterious warrior. "Where could that person have come from?"

"I'm not sure, but it sounds like Discord had something to do with this," Cap said. "That man said that Discord sent him to this world to fight Peter."

"Why would Discord do something like that?" Celestia asked. "Is this really just some spur of the moment decision or is he up to something?"

"Well you've said before that Discord isn't much for rational planning, so this may indeed just be some game to him," Cap said. "But I do worry what can result from this showdown. Fortunately, it seems like Goku really isn't an evil person, he just seems single mindedly dedicated to a fight."

"Sounds like Capcom isn't the only world that is eager for battle," Celestia said. "Though I do wonder what's gonna happen now with their world given that another warrior seems to be on his way."

"They'll be fine," Cap said. "At least I hope so."

"Well until then, what should we do about this warrior?" Celestia wondered. "We can't just send him to fight Peter, but I don't know if he'll easily leave."

"We can try to talk rationally to him, maybe he can be reasoned with," Cap said. "Too bad Sunset Shimmer isn't here, her knowledge of others worlds could have come in handy."

"Yes, last I saw she went to Square to meet with that Cloud Strife fellow," Celestia said. "Perhaps I can call her later and see if she can shed some light, for all we know this one here might be from Square, he certainly has the hair for it."

"Huh?" Cap remembered Cloud's point hair style. "Huh, could be. Still, let's try to get some answers from him, with luck we can use diplomacy to solve this issue."

"No harm in trying...possibly," Celestia said, making her way back inside alongside Cap, where the two discovered something potentially worrying.

"So are you this dark, moody pony or something?" Goku asked. "You look kind of mysterious."

"I am The Princess of The Night!" Luna boastfully replied. "Who might you be?"

"I'm Goku, I'm a Saiyan from Earth, and I'm here to fight Spider-Man!" Goku said.

Luna gasped, "A villain perhaps? Here to hurt my dear, precious Peter!?" Luna readied some magic. "I will not allow it!"

"Luna!" Celestia quickly rushed over. "Please do not engage in combat."

"But sister, this fiend intends to harm Peter! Do you really want to allow that?" Luna asked.

"What's going on in here?" Stark asked, making his way into the room with a briefcase in tow. "Another guest?"

"Tony Stark, perfect timing," Luna said. "This mysterious being wants to do battle against Peter, help me detain him."

"There doesn't need to be any detaining," Celestia said. "It's a misunderstanding!"

"No, I do want to fight Spider-Man," Goku explained. "But it seems like she wants to fight too, and I could use another warm up, that guy with the shield didn't last that long."

Stark turned to Cap, "You lost to this guy?"

"I didn't lose, I just stopped fighting to get answers," Cap said, mildly annoyed by Goku's comment. "He is strong though."

"Well I bet I can detain him easily," Stark said, activating his suit. "Alright pal, time for you to face the Armored Avenger."

Goku looked amazed by the armor, "Uh, that's a weird looking suit, what's it suppose to-"

Without warning, Iron Man blasted Goku in the face, knocking him out of the castle. He then flew in after the Saiyan and delivered a punch that knocked him down into the courtyard.

"Tony wait up!" Cap called.

"Don't worry Steve, I got this!" Stark insisted, floating down toward Goku. "So ready to give up?"

"Not really," Goku said, dusting himself off like nothing happened. "You're suit's strong but not that great. Also it's kind of cheating that you're using robot suits to fight, reminds me of that little blue guy that constantly gave me trouble when I was a kid."

"A tough guy huh? Let's kick this up a notch!" Stark delivered an uppercut that knocked Goku into the air, then flew up to kick Goku back down through the roof of the castle.

"Tony!" Celestia scolded.

"I'll fix that!" Stark said, flying in after Goku. "Gonna have to get you out of-"

Suddenly Goku punched Stark through the wall, creating another hole, much to Celestia's annoyance. Goku then flew after Stark and kicked him up and then kicked him back to the ground.

"Tony Stark!" Luna flew in to help. "Away from him knave!"

Luna send a blast at Goku, which he quickly blocked, though Luna's power did push him back a bit. Eventually Goku teleported out the way and kicked Luna aside.

"Wow, you're strong," Goku complimented.

"Of course, Luna said, shaking off the attack and making her way back to Goku. "I am Princess of the Night, it is my duty to keep Equestria safe from villains like you."

"Why do you keep calling me a villain?" Goku asked. "You look more like a villain than I do, with your dark and moody attitude."

"Be silent you cur!" Luna sent a blast at Goku, which he quickly avoided.

"You also talk fancy, just like Frieza and Cell," Goku said. Suddenly he took a rocket powered kick from Stark.

"So people with intelligence are evil to you? Is that why you talk and sound like an imbecile?" Luna asked.

"See, you're using weird words too," Goku said, shaking off the attack.

Cap landed nearby, still looking ready for a fight, "Goku was it? You really should leave, you've already caused some damage to the castle."

"Then let's fight somewhere away from the city, I don't want anyone getting hurt," Goku said.

"You say that, yet you came here to fight Peter," Luna said.

"I already told you, I just want a strong opponent," Goku said. "Wow you're all really bad at listening."

"Are you serious!?" Cap asked in disbelief. "You're the one who's still here looking for a fight! Either leave or we'll make you!"

"I'm gonna be disappointed if I go back home and I didn't get a good fight, especially since none of you are really putting that much effort, and one of you is cheating," Goku said, gesturing to Stark at the last part.

"Let's just kick his ass," Stark said, flying in to attack but Goku blocked and kicked him away. Cap jumped in for a kick, getting Goku from behind and following up with a two punch and a knee combo.

Luna used her magic to lift up Goku and tossed him away from city where she followed after him, Stark and Cap also in pursuit.

Goku landed on his feet, seeing everyone coming his way again. Luna send a beam with Goku deflected and kicked her as she got in close, then punched away Cap, flying over with a kick for good measure.

Stark managed to zap him a few times with his lasers, getting in close and landing a kick to knock Goku back before readying a big gun. "PROTON CANNON!"

As he fired, Goku quickly powered up and charged his ki, "KAMEHAMEHA!"

The two clashed their attacks, Goku having the upper hand, despite Stark's attempt.

"Your suit is overheating," the computer in the suit said.

"You don't say!" Stark sarcastically shouted, sweating from the head. "How much power does this guy even have!?"

Not wanting to risk any injury, Stark moved out the way as the attack flew past him. Fortunately Goku noticed and dissipated the attack, not wanting to risk it heading to the city. "You're all pretty good, looks like I can step it up a little."

"Step what up?" Stark asked. Within moments Goku began to power up, letting out a powerful scream as he did so.

"Something's happening," Luna said, getting ready for a fight.

Within moments, Goku's ki spiked up and his hair began to transform into a golden yellow, letting out a massive aura.

"What in the world!?" Cap asked. "What is this power?"

Goku turned to Cap, smirking a bit, "This is what I call Super Saiyan."

"Super Saiyan?" Stark asked.

"It's a power up, it multiplies my strength by fifty," Goku said. "Not sure if that's too much for you, but you might be able to handle it if you put in a little more effort."

"This guy is really starting to piss me off," Stark said, readying his ion beam. "Alright Goldilocks, why don't you put this Super Saiyan stuff to the test against me?"

"Tony wait! I don't think you'll be able to stand against that energy!" Cap warned.

"But I can!" Luna shouted. "I am an Alicorn Princess! There is nothing I can't handle!"

Both Stark and Luna flew after Goku, clashing their ion beam and alicorn magic against Goku, the Saiyan putting his hooves out to block the attacks. Goku charged up some ki and sent it flying at the two, Luna getting a blast to her horn and Stark getting hit hard enough to lose a chunk of his armor.

Both fell to the ground, leaving Goku still standing. Cap tried to attack Goku but the Saiyan quickly knocked him back. "You really want to keep fighting?

Cap wasn't sure if he could win, but he also refused to back down, his pride as a hero not allowing it, "I can do this all day!

"I respect your determination," Goku said. "Still, you do seem like a nice guy, and this really does feel like a misunderstanding. If you can't bring me Spider-Man then so be it, I'll just leave. I hate missing out but-"

Suddenly two new arrivals made their way onto the scene, one of them speaking up. "You looking for me?"

Cap turned to see the pony who spoke up, "Peter?"

Standing beside Twilight, who had just used her magic to teleport the two, Peter faced off against Goku, the Saiyan man looking curious.

"Are you Spider-Man?" Goku asked.

"What if I am, what do you want with this world?" Peter asked.

"Someone told me you were strong, and that he wanted me to spar with you, mostly to get you in shape or something," Goku said. "That and I just really want a strong opponent to fight."

Peter was very much confused, and turned his attention to Cap," Is he from-"

"No he isn't from Capcom," Cap explained.

"Alright," Peter turned back to Goku. "Who sent you?"

"Someone named Discord," Goku explained

"Discord..." Peter now had to wonder what the Draconequss was up to, first Sabretooth now this new guy. "And what's your name?"

"My name is Goku," the Saiyan introduced.

"Alright Goku, I'm Spider-Man," Peter got into a fighting stance. "But you can call me Peter."

"Sounds fair," Goku said, also getting into stance. "Let's make this a good fight."

Twilight quickly flew over to Cap, who had made his way over to a hurt Tony and Luna. "If he's not from Capcom, where is he from?"

"I don't know, but he's very powerful," Cap said. "And it seems like he's just warming up. What worries me more is that he seems to have a friend that may be just as strong."

"A friend? Who?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know, but Capcom is about to find out," Cap said. "If they haven't already."


In the Capcom world, Vegeta stood over a defeated Cammy, Guile, Trish, Carlos Oliviera, X and Zero. Nearby, Nathan Spencer, Morrigan and Chris Redfield were standing back in awe while Strider Hiryu, Mega Man and Chun-Li looked to be almost out of breath, bruises all over their bodies.

"Where could this guy have even come from?" Chun-Li wondered. "What even is he?"

"He certainly isn't human," Strider said.

"Obviously I'm no mere human, I'm a Saiyan Warrior," Vegeta explained. "I expected more of a fight, and I know you have more in you!"

Morrigan turned to Chris and Spencer, "We have to help them out."

"Yeah, if we come up with a more synchronized plan, we should be able to take him down," Spencer said, readying his arm.

Before a fight could resume, three new warriors arrived, those being Dante, Ken and Ryu, the latter calling out to Vegeta. "Hold it right there!"

Vegeta took note of this new arrival, "Well now, who do we have here?"

"Ryu, perfect timing," Spencer said. "This guy just showed up and started causing trouble."

"He says he's looking for strong warriors to fight," Morrigan explained. "He's very powerful, defeated many of the others in a few short blows."

Ryu gauged Vegeta's ki, he could sense an incredible amount of energy, "That is an incredible amount of power. Alright," Ryu got into a stance. "Warrior, what is your name!?"

"I am Vegeta, The Prince of Saiyans," the warrior announced.

"A Prince, that should make things interesting," Ryu said. "I am Ryu! Come forth and face me!"

"With pleasure!" Vegeta said, powering into a Super Saiyan, much to the surprise of the others.

"He just got stronger!" Chun-Li commented.

"Bring on your power!" Vegeta called, charging at Ryu, the karate master doing the same, the two ready to start their battle.

Author's Note:

A short story involving the DBZ characters going against the Spiders and Magic cast. Most of this will focus on Goku in Equesria, but there will be some focus on Vegeta going against Capcom.