• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 8,512 Views, 688 Comments

The Ruler of Ponies and Men - Boopy Doopy



Why am I cursed like this? I shouldn't have to suffer this way...

  • ...
42
 688
 8,512

PreviousChapters Next
(11-2) Making Arrangements

It was much easier to sort through my and Sombra’s thoughts when we were together, I realized, and we did just this while debating Celestia.

“I know I don’t want her back, really, if I can help it,” I thought to myself as I lay in bed next to a sleeping Radiant Hope. “The problem is that I already said I would bring her back. That’s an issue. Of course, both Hope and Cadance alike said that she likely wouldn’t be able to retake the throne because of our popularity, but still. I know Luna is likely aching for her sister, and I don’t want to look like a liar…”

It was an annoying situation that I created for myself, although I knew what the right thing to do was. It was to do as I said and bring Celestia back, having Amore nearby so that she wouldn’t go crazy, not that having her there was guaranteed to work. Besides, just the thought of Amore being nearby got my, or, at least, Sombra’s, emotions riled up. I could feel how much hate was held for her, and had to take a deep breath to keep us calm. Although I got the same way when I thought about Celestia for too long. It was absolutely unfair how I was treated and hurt to think about, even knowing Cadance’s part in her actions. So much of me wanted me to bring her back just so she could apologize to me, but I wasn’t sure that was going to happen. Still, it would probably be beneficial to have her here, so I decided I would talk it over with Luna.

“I’m getting up right now, Hope,” I said aloud as I stretched and yawned. “You can stay in bed if you want. I’m going to go speak to Luna.” She mumbled something unintelligible and rolled over, and with that, I left.

I got to Luna’s room after a few minutes to see Cadance in there with her, the two of them apparently discussing something. Luna looked annoyed and Cadance expressionless as they turned to me when I entered.

“It is a good thing you’re here, Alex,” Luna said. “We were just discussing you and the situation with my sister.”

“It’s good you’re talking about her, because I came here to ask about that specifically,” I responded before sending a look over to the other alicorn. “Although it would be better if it were just us,” I told Luna, still looking in Cadance’s direction, tilting my head a bit to indicate that she should leave.

“It’s fine,” she smiled. “I already said all I wanted to say. You two can have at it.” With that, she quickly teleported out of the room, catching me off guard for a second before I remembered that I took her ring off.

“I assume she told you that we should bring Celestia back, right?” I asked, not really needing to though. “Because that’s what she told me, and it has me worried.”

“She did tell me that very same thing,” Luna told me. “I would love to see my dear sister again, however, you are right in that it is concerning that she feels that way. Do you believe there’s any way we could change her opinion? I personally feel very skeptical that she’s truly reformed.”

“So do I, but I’ve been trying to do little things, like thanking her for not attacking and such, and she does look much happier, but…” I sighed, saying, “Looks can be, and are, deceiving.”

"Yes, that's what I've learned in my many years of ruling. She seems happier, but to me, even speaking to her, her tone seems like one that's bitter towards us."

“You can say that again… I hate having to act defensive and suspicious of ponies like this. We can’t provoke her, but if she attacks first, we’ll have to react to what she’s doing. It’s an awful position to be in.” I closed my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath before starting again, “But I wanted to talk about Celestia. Would it be a good idea for me to be there? Or should I wait in the background? I already know that you, Amore, and Hope should be there to talk to her. I’m just worried about me.”

“Well, I do believe as long as Princess Amore is there, as well as I, there shouldn’t be an issue. But it might be in our best interest to keep you away. I don’t think it would be wise to let my sister be around Cadance for quite a while, and I certainly don’t want her being alone during the time that she’s back. It would be best if you kept watch over her.”

“When do you think it should happen?” I asked. “We still have a few weeks before the one-year anniversary of her trial. I was thinking then, like I said, or the day after.”

“I say the sooner the better in my opinion,” Luna told me. “It might be my wanting to see my sister again that’s clouding my judgment, but I do think we should do it quickly. There’s no harm if she’s not planning anything, but if she is, it’s better to catch her off guard while we can. I would say this week would be a perfect time if you are willing.”

“Are you sure about that?” I asked. “I mean, I’ll trust your opinion if you’re sure. I just don't want to walk into something we're not prepared for and have it end like last time.”

“I am. We could-”

“Um, Alex?” Radiant Hope suddenly interrupted, suddenly appearing in the room, looking like she just woke up. “I think we have a little bit of a situation. There’s a stallion that wants to speak to you.”

PreviousChapters Next