• Published 2nd Sep 2012
  • 21,816 Views, 762 Comments

Discord's Heir - Forum Explorer



Discord figures out a way to free himself from his prison. Retirement. Now he just needs a heir.

  • ...
122
 762
 21,816

Chapter 4.Pinkie

“Oooh you speak Equestrian? Does that mean you’re from Equestria? Do you know Steven Magnet? He’s a good friend of mine, well, more Rarity’s friend then mine, but he still likes to party with the rest of Ponyville,” Pinkie babbled, bouncing around the sea serpents pool. “Oh, right, you asked me what I was doing here.”

“Well we were just finished celebrating Princess Cadence and Shining Armor’s wedding when the next thing we knew, Princess Celestia was telling us to grab the Elements of Harmony because Discord had escaped again and that there was a new creature sleeping where his statue had been. We woke him up and he claimed Discord had retired and given him his powers. Then we fought, and we tried to activate the Elements of Harmony, but instead he banished us across time and space. I ended up here and after wandering around the jungle for a bit the pigs brought me here and then you showed up.”

“I see,” the serpent said, its tongue flicking out of its mouth. The very tip of the whale sized organ lightly touched Pinkie’s nose releasing a small electric zap. Pinkie giggled and sneezed, and the serpent seemed to smile. “I see indeed. You are no ordinary pony. You are descended from chaos much as I am

“No, I’m not silly. My parents’ are earth ponies, my grand parents are earth ponies, my great grand parents were earth ponies, and my great great great granparents were earth ponies,” Pinkie said, bouncing in place.

“And so on and so forth but go back far enough and your ancestor was no mere earth pony, they were something special. For they were the children of Slip Near, who was created by the Allfather, spirit of Creation and Chaos. The first lord of Chaos, who eventually passed his mantle to Discord,” the serpent said.

“Naw, I’m nothing special,” Pinkie said, waving a hoof dismissively.

“Really? Have you ever felt fabric of this reality and know what would happen next? The ability to do the inexplicable, bending or even ignoring the rules every other being must follow?” The serpent asked, knowingly. Pinkie sweated and looked away.

“Well, maybe. It doesn’t make me any different from any other pony,” Pinkie said, finally subdued.

“Nonsense. If you were a regular pony you’d be trapped here,” the serpent said.

“What?”

“This island here lies far away from Equestria. You could sail for a hundred years and never see it’s shoreline again. But with your powers, you’ll be able to make that journey with a single hoofstep,” the serpent explained.

“Oooh, tell me tell me tell me!” Pinkie said, starting to bounce once again.

“I will. First you must go to the ancient ruins buried in the depths of the jungle. Then I will guide you in unlocking your powers,” the serpent said.

“Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!” Pinkie exclaimed, jumping forward and giving the snake a big hug. Despite it’s massive size, her arms still somehow extended to wrap around the snake’s entire body in a proper hug.

“I can see you’re going to be a quick learner,” the snake chuckled. “Now get going,” the snake added, nudging Pinkie gently, causing her to roll all the way to the door.

“Wait!” Pinkie yelled. “I need to know your name, cause we’re friends now, but I can’t keep calling you snake and serpent all the time.”

“My name?” the snake asked, chuckling. “It’s been a long time since someone has asked me my name. You can call me Mr. J.”

“Alright Mr. J! You just wait, I’ll figure this stuff out and next thing you know I’ll be throwing you a party in Ponyville! And that’s a Pinkie Guarantee!” Pinke said, bouncing out of the chamber. A bunch of hogs and pigs all turned to stare at her.

“Guðlast!”a pig screamed, pointing at Pinkie.

“Oh yes, I forgot to mention. Those pigs were sacrificing you to me, and I imagine they take some offense to you escaping,” Mr. J’s hissing voice echoed out of the chamber. The pigs grabbed spears and started thrusting at Pinkie.

“Whoa,” Pinkie shouted, throwing herself on the ground to dodge the blow. “This…isn’t…very…nice!” she yelled, dodging spear after spear. The pigs moved to surround her, and soon she had spears being thrust from every direction. Despite her best efforts, she soon had a ring of wooden spears around her neck. “Mr. J, help!” she yelled.

“I’d love to Pinkie, but I’m trapped in here,” Mr. J called from his chamber. At the sound of his voice the boars started to jump up and down in a frenzy. “And it’s not like I can call them off. Does it look like they speak Equestrian?”

“So, what do I do?” Pinkie asked, gulping as she stared at the blood shot eyes of the hog in front of her.

“Use your abilities,” Mr. J suggested.

“How? Wait, I’ve got it!” Pinkie sat down and raised her hooves in the air. “I surrender,” she said, calmly. The pigs grumbled to each other, speaking rapidly in their strange language. A couple of them broke off and disappeared inside of a hut. They soon reemerged with rope woven from thick jungle vines and tied Pinkie up. With a heave they tossed her back into Mr. J’s chamber.

“What did that accomplish?” Mr. J said, grumpily.

[“Well they aren’t pointing spears at me anymore,” Pinkie said cheerfully, slipping out of the rope. “Now I can wait til night, before just sneaking out.”

“I suppose that’s a wise enough plan,” Mr. J said, begrudgingly.

“Great! Now in the meantime let me tell you all about myself. I told you my name was Pinkie, but my birth name was Pinkimaina Diane Pie, and I was born on a rock farm…” Pinkie babbled on.

Mr. J let out a deep sigh and settled in to listen to the pink pony. Eventually the sun went down, and it was time to move. Pinkie said bye to Mr. J again and crept out of the chamber. The village was quiet, at least in comparison to the jungle, which was filled with buzzes, squawks, roars, and squeaks as the wildlife went about their evening business.

“Da, duh dud duh,” Pinkie sang under her breath as she sneaked around the village. Spotting a pig walking around, she quickly dove into a nearby water barrel. Despite the large splash, the pig wandered on, unaware. Pinkie poked her head out, looking both ways before darting to the next piece of cover, a large basket full of fruit. Emerging from her cover, she ran over to the flimsy wall that marked the boundary of the village. Spinning the rope around she threw it over the wall. She gave it one or two quick tugs to makes sure it was secure, before climbing up the wall. She jumped down to the jungle floor and quickly rolled to hide behind a fern.

“And now, to dispose of the evidence,” Pinkie said, raising the rope to her mouth and taking a bite. “Huh, this actually doesn’t taste that bad,” she remarked to herself, before quickly gobbling the rest of the rope down. “Now to find that temple!” she said to herself, as she walked into the dark jungle.

The walk was long and boring, with Pinkie often stumbling in the thick undergrowth. She was constantly harassed by bugs, and despite the cool night air, she was sweaty and exhausted by the time she finally decided to quit.

“Ugh, I can’t go on any longer,” Pinkie complained, tugging a thorny bush out of her mane. “Stupid Mr. J. Go find the ruins the jungle. Sure, no problem. Just where are they?” Pinkie shouted.

“Grrr,” a low rumbling growl answered Pinkie. She slowly turned around, her eyes wide. Before her stood a massive bull with wings, but with a lion’s head. The beast growled again and took a step forward.

“Ahahaha, hi,” Pinkie laughed nervously. “I don’t suppose you know my friend Fluttershy do you?”

The beast answered with a powerful roar, the force of which knocking Pinkie back. She quickly jumped to her feet, just in time to see the lamassus charge at her. She dove out of the way and saw the tree behind her get shattered by sheer force of the lamassus’ blow.

“I think it’s time I took my grandma Pie’s advice: ‘Giggle at the ghostie, but when faced with a giant angry monster, RUN AWAY!” Pinkie yelled, zooming away in a pink blur. She ran faster then she ever had before, followed by a crashing noise as the lamassus chased after her. Chancing a glance behind her, she saw the wide trail to devastation the monster was leaving as it utterly destroyed every single thing in its path.

“Eeep!” Pinkie squeaked. “Gotta run faster,” she gasped to herself, putting her head down and running even faster. They raced through the jungle, with Pinkie jumping over boulders, darting in between tight groves of trees, and even bouncing from stone to stone over an expanse of quicksand. Boulders were reduced to dust, trees were shattered, and the lamassus blew through the quicksand like a boat through water. The beast roared as Pinkie panted.

“I can’t keep this up much longer,” Pinkie gasped, blinking sweat from her eyes. The sun began to rise, and Pinkie smiled. “Oh, please, please turn to stone or something in daylight,” she begged. The lamassus roared, and a smell of smoke tickled Pinkie’s snout. Her tail twitched, and Pinkie dove to the side, only to be sent flying by a fiery explosion. She groaned and raised her head, staring at the lamassus, which was now hovering in the air and covered in a corona of flame. The beast looked back at Pinkie and snorted a jet of flame, igniting the ferns Pinkie was lying in.

“Oh, that is just not fair!” Pinkie yelled, a fresh surge of adrenaline sending her to her hooves. She jumped to the side to avoid the next charge from the lamassus, only to be sent flying regardless. The blast cratered the ground, and Pinkie frantically rolled to put out the flames in her fur. She looked up to see the monster already flapping to regain its altitude and prepare for the next charge.

“Arrgh, what would Rainbow Dash do?” Pinkie groaned. “Well she’d face the beast down and beat it into submission. Alright you big beasty. You want a piece of this? Well come on then!” Pinkie yelled in defiance. The lamassus rose higher in response as it roared. The flames around it intensified, until it appeared to be a miniature sun hovering in the morning light. Pinkie pulled out her party cannon and prepared to fire. She glanced between it and the still ascending ball of fiery doom.

“Right, that’s a bad idea,” she said. She flipped the cannon around and jumped inside. Stretching a hoof around, she pressed the button and launched herself far in the sky. She looked back to see a massive explosion fill the sky, and a raging fire start, forming a ring of fire around the freshly formed crater.

“Phew, I’m glad I didn’t try and fight. I’d be toast if I had. Of course, now I’ve got to survive the landing,” Pinkie said to herself as she began to fall back down. “Mr. J said I could defy gravity and stuff right? So, I guess it’s now or never.” Pinkie continued to fall. She squirmed in the air and continued to fall. She flapped her wings and continued to fall. “Um um, chaos powers activate? Believe in yourself? Pretty Pink Pony Powers Activate? Suddenly rescued by a Pegasus out of no where? It’s all a bad dream and I wake up right before I hit?” Pinkie babbled incoherently before screaming. She curled into a ball, closed her eyes, and prayed it would hurt too much.

Sploosh! Pinkie opened her eyes to find herself at the bottom of a deep pool. The shock caused her to inhale, and she quickly swam to the surface where she started hacking up the water she had just breathed in. After several long minutes of retching and gasping she finally looked around. She was underground, with the only light coming down from a hole in the roof, with roots and vines trailing from the hole all the way down to the cut stone floor she lay on. There was the deep pool she had just climbed out of. It seemed she fell straight through the hole and managed to land perfectly in the small, but deep pool.

Finally, there was the large ruin. It was covered in ivy, mushrooms, and spider webs. The structure was held up by gigantic pillars, but one had long since collapsed, giving the building a half fallen down look. Water formed a stream coming out of the front door of the ruins, making its way to the pool Pinkie had just climbed out of. Pinkie sniffed and immediately gagged at the thick smell of rotten eggs in the air.

“Ugh, I hope that’s not another dragon,” Pinkie complained to herself. She took a deep breath, coughed a little, and stood up straight. “Time…for a nap. I need my rest after last night, and who knows what monsters and dangers are in that place?” Pinkie said, before finding a bed of moss underneath the patch of light. She yawned once, and soon fell asleep.

Author's Note:

And I am back!

For those who are aware, that means that I have finished writing a book! I'm currently looking at publishing it, and will post the details here and on my profile once that progresses.

As for now, enjoy the latest Pinkie chapter! Overall, I expect that many many people have basically left after such a long time, and I'll admit, my plans for my MLP stories have changed quite a bit. More details on that on my profile. But TL DR? This story is getting finished. I have also started writing fanfiction for other franchises.

Those can be found here: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/

Otherwise enjoy and expect more in the future!