• Published 12th Jan 2012
  • 3,159 Views, 151 Comments

First Draft - Cherry Rie



What is there left to save, when you are more machine then human? A Conversion Bureau story.

  • ...
16
 151
 3,159

Author's note

Author’s note;


Well, here we are. The end, finito, experative. Took me long enough didn’t it?

It’s not the best ending, given the number of loose ends and its poor execution, but I’m glad to say I’m happy with the result. Almost a year ago, I set out to write and finish my first fiction work. While I can't say that I'm 100% done with this project, I've learned soooo much from writing this and the comments people have provided. Though I still can't belive it had so many views.

To everyone on Fimfiction: I cannot thank this community enough for all the encouragement it has provided. You are all wonderful people whom I am grateful to call my friends (yes, even you Sithis).

To the readers and writers of the conversion Bureau; I love you guys. Special thanks to Chatoyance and Corsair, who between them inspired me to write. And a massive thankyou to everyone who badgered me into carrying on whenever I slowed down.

For anyone interested, the final version of AKH is in the works and presently up to chapter three with around 13k words >.> Yeah, if every chapter changes as much as those first two did, we could be some time.


Thanks for listening children, this is Cherry Rie signing out :)

Comments ( 4 )

A very nice ending Cherry! Glad to see you finally reaching the end of the story :pinkiehappy: Come by and say hi sometime!

1219728
Ta' hun:scootangel:
It does end rather abruptly, dosn't it? There dosn't feel to be any winddown or reselution. To be honest I was a little stuck for how to wrap this up, given how much changed between the origional and the rewrite. So I ended up setteling on exposition. It's far from perfect, but I'd have driven myself bonkers otherwise :pinkiecrazy:

1218649
Thanks cloudy. I'll be sure to drop by IRC more often :twilightsmile:

Haven't read it yet. Been putting out fires. Will give it a go... I just wanted to say well done though!

10/10, would read again.

Login or register to comment