• Published 20th Jan 2021
  • 4,995 Views, 66 Comments

Three Sisters - Cryohawk



Once three sisters were united in harmony, they ended wars, disasters, and brought peace and harmony to the nation of Equestria. But after one mistake it all comes crumbling down. The sisters were separated and broken...until one day that all changed

  • ...
3
 66
 4,995

Flashback 3: Even in Disaster There's Hope

Celestia looked around the, seemingly, deserted town that she and her sisters were about to enter. As far as she could tell the town looked like it was deserted only a few moments ago and that didn't help Celesia at all. But she knew there weren't any other towns nearby, so she had little choice.

It had been a few years since her brief time at the Ever Garden Tavern and since then not much had changed. They continued to migrate from one town getting supplies at any opportunity she could. Until you have today where Celestia’s forced to enter this sketchy town.

Celestia looked over at her sisters and saw them both next to each other looking at the town, Luna looked as suspicious as her about the town while Twilight looked more curious than worried.

Luna was a little over ten now and she had grown up a fair bit. Her fur had darkened some more, to the point where she began to wonder how dark it would get. The only other thing that had changed was her mane and tail had grown as well as her horn, but besides that, she was still her same little Lulu.

Twilight meanwhile had a little more growth… at least in certain areas. Twilight had only just recently turned eight and was nearly as big as Luna. Also, like Luna, her mane and tail had grown some more. Her fur had also darkened to nearly a shade of magenta.

But by far what changed the most was her horn, which had grown longer and slimmer, it was nearly as big as Luna’s! Like her horn, her magic had also sharply grown, to the point where she wouldn’t be too surprised if she nearly had the same amount of magic as she did.

Celestia was both happy and slightly worried about this development. She was happy that Twilight had such an advanced horn and magic core. On the other hoof though she was also worried about a potential surge because if she had one now it was going to be big. Even though she taught her about surges and how to handle them she was still worried if she experienced one because she wasn't sure if she could stop it.

But Celestia pushed those thoughts aside for now as she focused on something else. She was twenty-two now and well… there's not much to say about her. She’s still the same mare from the Ever Garden Tavern, though a small part of her felt like she had maybe gotten a little more suspicious of ponies… especially with the rumors of that infernal cult attacking more settlements.

At that moment Celestia realized that her sisters were looking at her, so she stopped her train of thought and looked at them.

“Come on you two. Let’s… keep going,” Celestia reluctantly said as she motioned for her sisters to follow.

As Celestia made her way through the abandoned town she quickly found that every house was either locked or… blocked up. She also noticed multiple broken crates, carriages, and even some overturned stalls, with every step she took she began to get more and more worried for her sister's safety. But right before she was about to abandon this town and camp out somewhere else, she noticed something that made her pupils shrink to pinpricks.

In front of her was another typical house she saw throughout the town but unlike the others, this one’s door was open or more accurately smashed open with hundreds of splinters of wood all over the ground. There were also two ponies inside the house, one was an earth pony while the other was a unicorn. But what caused her heart to skip a beat was the armor they wore… it was the same armor that the monsters wore when they destroyed her home, Graycolt.

Celestia nearly froze in place as she stared as those things picked through the house. But then she felt her sisters next to her which gave her the strength to try to get her sisters out of danger. She took a step back and looked over at her sisters, who both looked curiously at the house; though Luna also looked worried.

Run,” Celestia whispered to them as she tried to get them to follow.

But before she could repeat herself, the monsters noticed them.

“You three! Stop there!” Celestia’s eyes widened as she quickly looked over at the house and saw the cultists run toward them, the unicorn’s horn also began to glow.

She looked back over at her sisters, while she prepared a spell to deal with the cultists, “I SAID RUN! NOW!” Celestia yelled as she grabbed her sisters and ran.

Celestia moved her sisters next to her and covered them before she looked behind her and cast her spell. Suddenly, a bright fast ball of light flew out of her horn and hit the ground in front of the cultists. As soon as Celestia cast her spell she looked away.

Behind them, a massive flash of light engulfed the streets as Celestia’s flash spell went off. That should stop them for a little while! But we need to get out of this town! Celestia thought as she looked for an exit.

Luckily, her spell worked as behind her she didn't hear the cultists' hoofsteps anymore and as she looked around for an exit, she actually began to feel a little hopeful. But that hope was shattered when she noticed a bright red-light flash from behind her. As she looked up, she saw a bright red light in the sky and she immediately knew what it was, a flair.

She redoubled her efforts to escape the town as she began to faintly hear hoofsteps around her, she also noticed the distant figure of pegasi approach. She also realized that she was starting to outpace her sisters so she activated her horn and lifted both of her sisters onto her back.

Unknown, to the sisters, Luna's doll fell out of her pack during the process and fell onto the side of the street under some rubble.

As Celestia spirited through the occupied town she faintly heard Twilight, “Tia! What’s happening?! Why are they chasing us?!” Celestia could hear the fear in her voice, which only caused her to push herself harder.

“There… bad ponies! Don’t focus on them! We need to find a way out of here!” Celestia yelled as she ran around a corner.

Suddenly, Twilight yelled, “Over there, Tia! There’s a forest!” Celestia looked over at where Twilight pointed and her hope from earlier returned as she galloped toward the edge of the forest.

Right as she reached the edge of the woods, she saw multiple armored cultists run out of the town. Also, behind her were a few pegasi that were about to dive-bomb for her.

Celestia cursed her luck as she entered the woods and ran through the thick foliage. She then powered up her horn again and prepared another spell, she knew after this spell her horn was going to hurt like Tartarus. She turned around and unleashed a thin golden beam of magic from the tip of her horn, which she aimed toward the trees. Unfortunately, she could only cast the spell for a short time as she soon had to end the spell, but the spell did its job.

Behind her, she heard several trees crash onto the forest floor and as she briefly looked at her hoof work, she saw the cultists stopped in front of several fallen trees. Celestia smirked with satisfaction from her small victory before she ran deep into the woods away from the occupied cultist’s town.

-{<()>}-

Celestia began to slow down as she panted from exhaustion, she felt like she ran for hours. She looked around and the only thing she saw that wasn't trees was a small pond with a few boulders around it. With unstable legs, she gingerly made her way to the pond. Once she reached the edge of the pond she finally succumbed to her exhaustion and collapsed.

“Celestia!” she heard her sisters yell at her as they jumped off her back and hugged her.

Even in her exhausted state, a smile managed to worm its way on her muzzle as she gladly returned their hug. But soon after, they separated as Celestia made herself comfortable on the grass and regained her breath. Luna and Twilight meanwhile sat in front of her with worried and slightly scared expressions, unfortunately, Celestia wasn't surprised by this.

“Tia, are you alright?” Luna asked her with her adorable little face, Celestia gave Luna an exhausted smile.

“I’m… fine, Luna. If only… a little exhausted,” Celestia panted as she answered.

She then looked into the pond to see her reflection. She looked, and felt, exhausted. Her pink mane was matted and covered parts of her face, her white fur was slick with sweat, and there were dark rings around her eyes. All in all, she looked like a mess.

When she tried to use her horn to move some of her mane out of her face, she got a small stab of pain from her horn when she activated her magic.

Celestia groaned as she knew she overdid her magic. Great, there goes my magic for the day. Let’s just hope we can manage without it for now. Celestia bemoaned in her head.

“Celestia” - she looked over and saw Twilight - “who… were those ponies? Why did they run after us?” Celestia frowned slightly at the reminder of how close her sisters were to… them.

Celestia looked at her sisters for a moment before she sighed, “All you need to know is that there… bad. They don’t want to do good things to ponies. So, promise me if you ever see them, hide until I find you, ok?” Celestia emphasized, her sisters nodded.

She then smiled as she reassured them, “They're not important right now, anyways. Are you two alright? Did either of you get hurt while we were running?” Celestia asked as she silently hoped not, it would crush her if she ever harmed her sisters, even accidentally.

Thankfully they both shook their heads, which allowed Celestia to let out a sigh of relief. She then got up onto her shaky legs, her sisters moved to help her but she raised a hoof to stop them. Once she was sure she was stable she began to look around to get an idea of where they were, she grimaced at what she saw.

All she could see was dense forest, the pond, and… well, that’s just about it. As she tried to look past the thick canopy all could see was the sun began to go down.

Celestia stopped and brought her hooves up to massage her head. Great, just great. Were lost in the middle of nowhere. Celestia frustratingly thought as she tried to think of a plan. *sigh* Ok, let’s take this one step at a time. First, we need to find somewhere to sleep. Then we need to- Celestia’s thoughts were cut short when she heard Luna scream.

Celestia immediately got onto her hooves and looked over at Luna with her already exhausted horn glowing with magic. But when she saw Luna, she didn't see some monster attack her, instead, she was frantically searching her bags.

“NO! It’s gone!” Luna yelled as she rummaged through her bags.

Celestia deactivated her horn, with another spike of pain which caused her to wince, and walked over to Luna to see what was wrong.

“Luna, what’s wrong?” she looked up at her with a mixture of worry, guilt, and sadness.

“I-I’m sorry, Tia. I… I lost the doll you made for me. It must have fallen out of my bag, when we were running,” Luna began to mumble as her eyes became glossy.

But Celestia stopped Luna as she put a hoof under her head before she brought it up to face her, “It’s fine, Luna. All that matters is that we’re together. Besides I can make you a better one, with better materials this time,” Celestia smiled as she tried to cheer her sister up.

Unfortunately, her words didn’t seem to sway Luna.

“But I still lost it. You made it for me before we lost our parents,” Luna whimpered as she forced herself to look away from her, but Celestia wasn't going to let her sister wallow in misery.

So Celestia surprised her sister with a hug, which Twilight immediately joined as she also wanted to cheer Luna up.

“It’s said it’s fine, Luna. You're special to me and you're here with me. That’s all I care about,” Celestia emphasized as she tightened her hold on Luna.

Luckily, this time Luna finally accepted what she said as she graciously returned the hug, which both Celestia and Twilight loved. The three sisters' hug lasted for what felt like hours before eventually, they let go.

Celestia looked over at Luna and asked, “Are you alright now?” to which Luna softly smiled and nodded.

With Luna alright now, Celestia continued to try and figure out where she can find some shelter for her sisters, and possibly food as they were also low on that.

She then looked over at her sisters, “Ok, so we need to find somewhere to sleep. That means we need to walk through this forest, possibly for a few hours. So, I need you two to stay with me at all times. Please don’t walk by yourself out here. I just… don’t want either of you to get lost, ok?” Celestia asked her sisters, which both nodded in agreement.

Celestia smiled and nodded, “Good, now come along you two,” she said as she picked a direction and made her way through the woods, with her sisters on either side of her.

-{<()>}-

So, the sisters journeyed through the dense woods… well the more accurate word would be wander.

They traveled through the woods for what felt like hours where Celestia searched high and low for somewhere they could stay the night. But no matter where she looked, she couldn’t find anywhere that was safe for her sisters to stay. Every time she thought she found someplace for them to stay she’d always find some danger soon after.

Such as the time she found a bear in a cave, luckily it was hibernating. Or the time she accidentally angered a hornet’s nest and had to run nearly a mile to get away. Or even the time a BOULDER nearly fell on them. No matter how hard she looked she couldn’t find anywhere safe for her sisters.

By the time the sun was about to set she ran out of options… at least until she noticed a small clearing ahead and the faint smoke that came out above it…

-{<()>}-

Celestia crept up to the clearing with narrowed eyes, her sisters were also behind her in a similar, albeit far more amateur, position.

Celestia was immediately suspicious of the smoke as soon as she saw it and her suspicions were confirmed when she saw the smoke come from a small cottage in the clearing.

It was a two-story cottage with a forge built into the side of it, around the forge was a plethora of tools, a large metal bucket with water in it, and an anvil sat in front of the forge. There was also a small garden near the cottage with a variety of different vegetables, also next to the garden was a small pond. But by far what caught her attention was the vivid shape of a pony working the forge.

She could barely make out the pony but she thought he looked like a stallion. He also had a black coat, a gray mane, and tail, and was an earth pony. He also looked a little larger than an average stallion.

Celestia grimaced as she knew they were already low on food as it is, but now that they were stuck in this forest it was going to get worse, fast. Ok, Celestia. All you need to do is sneak up there and take a few veggies for your sisters. Then get out of there as soon as possible. That’s all you need to do… Why did he have to be outside right now? Celestia thought as she knew what she had to do.

She then looked over at her sisters, “I need you two to stay here while I… uh “barrow” some food for us to eat tonight. So, I need you two to stay here and be quiet, ok?” Celestia whispered to them, to which Luna nodded while Twilight looked conflicted.

Wait! You're just going to take it from them? Why don’t you ask if we can have some or even if we could stay the night?” Twilight asked as she looked at her innocently.

Celestia sighed before she answered her sister, “Twilight, we don’t know him. He could be part of the bad ponies for all we knew. It’s not safe. I’m sorry, Twilight,” Twilight stared at her for a moment before she finally nodded.

Celestia looked back over at the cottage and took in a breath before she silently made her way to the stallion’s garden. Unfortunately, she still couldn’t use her magic, at least safely, so she was forced to do this by hoof. As she approached the garden, she was able to get a better view of the stallion.

Now that she had a better view, she could tell that the stallion looked old as she could see a few strands of white hair in his mane. She also confirmed her suspicions of him being a blacksmith. Around his chest was a blacksmith’s apron and he had on a metal hoof which he used to work a hot piece of metal.

She also began to get worried as he looked like he could beat her in a fight if things got violent, her only saving grace was she could, hopefully, run away before he could do anything to her.

But Celestia pushed those thoughts out of her mind as she focused on her goal, the crops.

Right as she was about to grab a carrot everything went wrong, “You know, It’s rude to steal somepony’s crops,” the stallion said in a gravelly voice as she was caught.

Celestia looked up and saw the blacksmith stare at her, she quickly straightened up. She then turned her momentary surprise and fear into determination as she stared down the stallion.

“Do you mind explaining why you're stealing my crops? And why you’re out here in the first place?” the stallion concisely asked.

She didn't answer his questions as she tried to figure out how to escape and get back to her sisters.

But before she could do anything she, and the blacksmith, were surprised when Twilight and Luna jumped out in front of Celestia, “You won’t hurt our sister!” they both yelled as they stood in front of her.

Once Celestia realized what her sisters did she quickly activated her horn, which caused another spike of pain in her horn, and levitated them behind her. Her sisters were about to protest but Celestia quickly shushed them before she turned around and glared at the stallion as she almost challenged him to do anything.

But all he did was look surprised before he silently muttered, “So you have siblings.”

So, she and the blacksmith stared at each other as a tense silence enveloped the clearing, at least until the blacksmith sighed.

“You know I’m not going to hurt any of you, right? Especially now that I know why you needed those crops. The name’s Onyx. What’s yours?” the newly named Onyx asked.

Onyx’s actions didn't alleviate any of Celestia’s suspicions as she continued to stonewall him.

“I… see. No answer… *sigh* Look, I don’t know how to say this nicely so I’ll be blunt. From the way you look and how you act, your orphans aren’t you. I’d assume from that cult. The ones that have been raiding villages and murdering ponies for the last couple of years,” Onyx asked as he sat down and looked over at the pond.

Celestia was slightly shocked at how… well… blunt he was about their situation as well as his knowledge of that infernal cult, and the fact he told her sisters about them! But she pushed him out of her head as she noticed Onyx wasn’t looking, so she took the opportunity for them to escape. So, she took a step back and prepared to grab her sisters so they could run back into the woods.

“Cult? Wait! Do you mean the ponies who attacked the village and ran after us?” Celestia looked over at Twilight, surprised and slightly annoyed that she’d talk to this complete stranger when she told her not to. He could be part of the cult for all they knew?!

“That sounds like them, yes. They’re called The Cult of the Celestial Sovereigns. They… believe that all of ponykind should be “unified under the majesty of the Sun and Moon” so we would all “purge the hidden enemy that festers among our kind”. Though that’s all I know about their philosophy. All of this doesn’t matter at the end of the day as all of this is simply a justification for their mass murder and continued occupation of “infested” villages and cities. *sigh* And nopony’s doing a bucking thing about it,” Onyx hissed before he frowned.

This time Celestia truly was shocked. While she knew a… bit about the infernal cult she had never really gone out of her way to learn about them, not that she cared too anyways. And while Onyx’s, seemingly extensive, knowledge of the cult made her more suspicious of him, she had to admit she was intrigued at how much more he knew… maybe he even…

“What!” both Twilight and Luna exclaimed.

Celestia was surprised by her sisters and as she looked over, she saw Luna step forward, “Hasn't anypony tried to stop them! They're hurting ponies!” Luna cried out as she looked at Onyx.

Onyx didn’t immediately respond as he stared at the ground before he sighed and slouched, “Some have… tried, but they were in vain. And those who can stop them are more interested in destroying each other than stopping a, relatively, minor nuisance. Besides, the cult never attacks any major or strategic locations of the three tribes, so they don’t bother the cult, at least in any serious way,” Onyx stated as he got up and walked over to his forge, presumably to turn it off.

After Onyx’s speech, a somewhat dower silence took hold of the four of them as each contemplated what Onyx said.

At least until Celestia broke her silence, “Who leads the cult?”

Onyx looked surprised as he looked over at her right after he turned off the forge, “Well… if nothing’s changed then I believe it’d be, Lord Draven. From memory he’s always been the leader of the cult and if true then he’s also very successful. There are many different rumors about him, such as him being an exiled unicorn nobility too… well some kind of unicorn hybrid.

“I don’t know much about him, but rumor has it he has fangs, blood-red eyes, pure white fur, mane, and tail, and is incredibly strong both physically and magically. Though I wouldn’t put too much weight on those claims, much of it is likely exaggerated,” once Onyx finished Celestia began to contemplate what he said.

Unfortunately, silence once again reigned over the clearing as nopony attempted to restart the conversation. And as it began to look like the tension from before was going to return, Onyx loudly sighed and looked over at the sisters.

“Can we please stop this infernal silence? Considering you three are orphans and seem to be in need of food, considering you tried to steal from me. Would you… I can’t believe I’m about to say this. Would you three like to stay with me?” Onyx offered as he looked a bit exhausted.

The sister’s eyes widened after Onyx’s offer, Celestia specifically was caught off guard as she returned her full attention to Onyx. She was about to instinctively deny his request, but she caught herself as she thought about her options, or more accurately the lack of. She knew it would be dangerous to stay with Onyx, he could still be a spy! But at the same time, she knew that the forest was possibly even more dangerous for her sisters.

As she looked over at her sisters, she saw them wait for her answer, though she could tell Twilight wanted to stay with him with how impatient she was. Celestia knew what she had to do, even if it was against her better judgment.

“... Fine, Onyx. We’ll… stay with you,” Celestia reluctantly said, For now, she silently added in her head.

“Yes!” Twilight yelled out as she jumped in place.

“Well then. Come with me, you three. I suppose I’ll have to make some more dinner for tonight,” Onyx said as he motioned for them to follow him inside the cottage.

Celestia contemplated running back into the forest one last time before she discarded that idea and followed Onyx, with her sisters right behind her. As they made their way into the cottage Celestia kept a hawk-like focus on Onyx in case he tried anything on them.

-{<()>}-

While Onyx made dinner Twilight and Luna began to talk to him, much to Celestia’s annoyance as she continued to stonewall Onyx at every opportunity. While there was some tension between them, Luna and Twilight slowly began to warm up to him, especially Twilight who began to act like her normal self again.

The dinner was also mostly enjoyable between them… well besides Celestia insisting for her to “check” the food to “make sure it was safe for her sisters” thankfully her fears were unfounded. Besides that, all went well and for the sisters, it was the first real meal they had in years.

Eventually, though, it was time for them to rest. So, Onyx showed them to their room, it was a spare room he had on the second floor. While it wasn't perfect the sisters took it, after they said goodnight to Onyx, excluding Celestia, they prepared to go to sleep.

-{<()>}-

Celestia watched the door as Onyx closed it behind him, shortly after she listened for his hoofsteps as they became faint before they finally disappeared. She then let out a sigh of relief as she turned her attention to her sisters.

As she turned around, she saw her sisters on the bed, Luna was laid down while Twilight was happily jumping on the mattress. The sight brought a faint smile on her muzzle.

“I can’t believe it! We have a real bed! Yay!” Twilight yelled as she continued to bounce in place.

Celestia used the opportunity to get a better look around the room. It was an admittedly small room with white plaster walls, a wooden ceiling and floor, and a small window that gave a good view of the clearing outside. There were also a couple of pieces of furniture around such as a table with a few chairs around it, a small wardrobe, and the bed her sisters were on.

What surprised her was that this was a real bed, not like anything they slept on before, the only problem was well… it wasn't that big as her sisters already took up most of the space. But if they squeezed then they may fit.

Once she finished her inspection of the room she heard Twilight yell at her, “Come on, Tia! Get on the bed!”

Celestia raised an eyebrow and smirked, “Fine. But if you want me to join you then you need to stop jumping,” she said as she walked toward her sisters.

Twilight listened and stopped before she laid next to Luna. Celestia used the now open space to lay next to them. But once she got comfortable, she noticed that Twilight looked worried, which caused her to frown.

“Twilight, are you alright?” she asked, which seemed to have surprised Twilight.

“Oh! Um, yes! I’m fine,” Twilight quickly replied as she looked away from her.

Celestia began to get more worried, so she tried to reassure her sister, “Twilight, please don’t be afraid to tell me something. It’s alright,” Twilight looked at her before she finally cracked.

“I well, um… *sigh* It’s just that… when we were with Onyx you didn't really talk much, and you were kinda mean to him… why?” Twilight asked as Celestia’s frown grew a bit.

Celestia contemplated avoiding the question but chose against it and told Twilight the truth, “It’s because… *sigh* Onyx. I don’t trust him. We don’t know him, for all we know he could be… a bad pony. Look, I’m just worried about you two, I don’t want anything to happen to either of you,” Celestia admitted as she looked out the window and saw a pale crescent moon in the sky.

Twilight jumped onto her hooves, “But he hasn’t done anything mean to us! He gave us food, let us stay with him, and promised me I could look at some of his books! I trust him, he’s a good pony. I know it,” Twilight confidently said as she brought a hoof up to her chest.

Before Celestia could reply to Twilight's argument Luna intervened.

“I… agree with both of you. I don’t think we can quite trust him yet, like Tia said we don’t know him yet. But also… Celestia, you aren’t really giving him a fair chance, you haven’t even tried to talk to him or get to know him at all. I think we should wait and see what happens,” Luna admitted as the room went silent.

Celestia was honestly shocked, she didn't expect Luna to say that. But even with Luna’s suggestion, she couldn't shake the feeling that Onyx was hiding something. But she could see her sisters were tired, so she decided to end the discussion.

“Maybe, we'll see. Anyways, I think that’s enough for tonight. I’m sure we’re all tired so how about we get some sleep,” both of her sisters yawned as she finished.

Her sisters agreed so the three curled up together. Her sisters laid next to each other while Celestia curled up behind them, so she could keep them warm. So soon the sisters began to enter the dream world in a new home and possibly a new life… well besides Celestia who watched over her sisters.

Maybe you're right, Luna. But I’ll still keep my eye on him, for you two. She kissed the top of their heads before she stared at the door. My sisters may think you're good, Onyx. But I don’t trust you and if you do anything to them. Then I’ll make you wish you were burning in Tartarus. She silently declared as she watched over the door like a hawk, faintly she heard crickets outside and the pale light of the moon drench the room.

-{<()>}-

He stared at the pale crescent moon as the light bounced off his dull white armor. He sighed in frustration as he waited on the edge of the recently ransacked town for one of his scouts to return.

“Harbinger!” He looked away from the moon and toward the forest, he saw a pegasus in dark plate armor fly out of the woods.

The pegasus quickly passed her fellow comrades before she landed in front of him. The pegasus took off her helmet which revealed a pony with an ocean green mane and tail, sandy tan fur, and a pair of bright blue eyes.

“Ocean Currents ready to report! I… unfortunately wasn't able to find the three “unicorns” that escaped from us earlier, Lord Draven. But I’m sure if we get more members here we could…” Draven noticed something as Ocean babbled on.

So he made his way to the strange oddity, the first thing he noticed was it was covered by a piece of rubble. So he activated his horn, surrounded the rubble in his red aura, and threw it off to the side. Finally, he was able to get a good look at what caught his attention.

How interesting? He thought as he levitated a unicorn doll up to his face. The doll was mainly blue beside the mane and tail which was light blue, finally in the place of eyes were two black buttons. What’s a unicorn doll doing all the way out here? He thought as he furthered his investigation.

But he was interrupted by the pegasus, “Sir, if I may… uh, inquire? What exactly are you doing?” she meekly asked.

Draven huffed in annoyance before he turned around, with the unicorn doll moved next to him. He then lightly glared at her with his piercing red eyes.

Ocean shrunk back a bit in slight fear, Draven eventually looked away and began to walk down the road deeper into the occupied town.

“Forget about them. We have far more important things to do than search for some unicorns,” he declared as he marched down the road.

Ocean quickly caught up, thanks to her wings, and followed behind him, “Not to… question your decision, Harbinger. But they could be Hidden Enemies, they did flee when they saw us,” Ocean replied.

Draven was silent for a moment before he replied, “No, I don’t believe they are Hidden Enemies.”

There’s more to this story than meets the eye, he thought as a smile slowly spread across his muzzle which revealed his sharp fangs.

“Very well, sir. I’ll call off the rest of the searches. But sir -” Draven stopped and looked over at Ocean “- What do you wish for us to do with the villagers?” she asked.

“Eliminate any suspected Hidden Enemies and help remind the rest of our mission to hunt down this plague that’s infested our kind,” he answered as he turned back around and continued through the town.

As he turned around he saw his cultists lined on either side of the street saluting him and on the buildings proudly flew the Celestial Sovereign banners. Finally, in the night sky, the moon shone down on them as Draven was one step closer to eliminating the worst threat to ponykind.

Author's Note:

Hello there! So... it's been a bit. I'm going to be honest I didn't realize that it's been about two months since my last chapter, honestly thought a month at most.

Besides that, I've been trying to do things to get me a bit more active on this story, I really want to finish it. And I'm sorry for the wait but if it's any consolation prize I have done other stuff for the story like plan the next few chapters so hopefully I can get chapters out faster.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and if you see anything wrong or if you want to give me your opinion. Oh! Also, I hope you liked the end, it was fun to finally write Lord Draven. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a good day! :trollestia: