• Published 20th Jan 2021
  • 282 Views, 0 Comments

Pyre Heart - Crunchypuff



A mysterious pegasus appears outside a town near Baltimare. As the mystery of his past is revealed, new relationships are forged.

  • ...
 0
 282

Prologue

Author's Note:

This bit may not make sense since you probably haven't read my other fic, but Susan is my self insert and Pyro is...Pyro. Almost. He's an OC from TF2 sharing the name of the canon character. We'll get to the Equestria part of the actual story in part 1.
Now that that's out of the way, enjoy my awful writing.

It was a sunny Saturday morning and Pyro was visiting Susan once again.

She had recently introduced him to a series called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. When he heard of the idea, he refused to watch it at first, reasoning that it was a cartoon, and cartoons are for children.

After much pleading from Susan, he finally relented and gave the pilot a watch with her.

He was hooked.

After this, they regularly met at Susan's apartment to watch more episodes of the show, with Pyro sitting on the edge of his seat grinning through every moment of it.

Today started the same way, with Pyro walking through the door and hugging Susan, then sitting down on the couch and grabbing a plush version of his favorite rainbow-maned pegasus.

"Alright, before we watch this one I wanted to show you something," Susan said, taking her phone out of her pocket.

Pyro turned toward her and tilted his head.

"What is it?" he asked.

Susan scrolled through her phone, then paused and held it up.

On the phone was a picture of a grey and white unicorn with long white hair and glasses. The unicorn had a small white blotch on its flank.

"Ta-da!" she said proudly. "I drew myself a pony!"

Pyro smiled.

"It's pretty!"

"Her name's Blank Canvas. I wanted a pony that represented me… but I couldn't really decide on much of a theme since my interests change so much, so I made sort of a placeholder. See the cutie mark?" She gestured toward the unicorn's flank. "You can draw anything in there!"

Pyro thought for a moment.

"...Can you make me a pony?"

Susan grinned.

"Sure! I think I know what we're doing today!" she turned toward her laptop and picked up a drawing pad. "Okay, first things first, what should his cutie mark be?"

Pyro scratched his head.

"Uh…" he trailed off.

"How about that symbol on your suit? Nah, too obvious. Hmm…" Susan scratched her chin.

"A heart!" Pyro said. "For love!"

Susan blushed.

"Aww...wait! What about a flaming heart? That would be cool! People get tattoos of that, I think."

Pyro perked up.

"Yes!"

Susan scribbled away at her drawing pad, quickly making a rough design of a heart with fire around it.

"Like this?" she said.

Pyro nodded vigorously.

"We're on a roll! Now what next? A name?" Susan said.

"Pyro!"

"That's...a nice name, but it isn't really a pony name. Maybe something longer. Something to do with the cutie mark, like love...heart…fire...uh. This isn't that easy."

"Pyro Heart?" Pyro said.

"Sounds good!" She typed on her phone, making notes. "Er, it autocorrected to Pyre Heart. Sounds kinda like pure heart, sorta. Let me just-"

"No, I like that!" Pyro interrupted. "It sounds nice. Like a pony name."

Susan smiled.

"Pyre Heart it is! Now we need just a bit more. What kind of pony do you want to be?"

Pyro looked down at the stuffed pegasus in his arms and lifted it up.

"Of course!"

She turned back toward her laptop and started scribbling on her drawing pad once more. Pyro walked over to her and leaned over her shoulder, looking at the picture as it took form.

Before long, there was a rough sketch of a pegasus with a fiery heart on its flank staring back at the two of them.

"It looks so good!" Pyro said.

Susan laughed.

"It's not done yet! It's only a sketch, finishing will take me hours if I want it to really look good."

Pyro shook his head.

"No, it looks good now too. Everything you draw looks nice." He leaned over and gave Susan a peck on the cheek.

"Eheh…th-thanks." she turned toward him. "Now, wanna watch some TV?"

Pyro nodded excitedly.

"Alright! Now, I might be able to get a little story written about this guy later if you want me to read it to you." Susan said. "I'll warn you, my writing isn't as good as my art."

Pyro shook his head once more and gave Susan a kiss.