• Published 18th Jan 2021
  • 4,742 Views, 134 Comments

A Filly named Alex - Pegysus



A World War II officer dies on the field of battle saving his troops and finds himself in the magical land of Equestria as a Thestral filly

  • ...
21
 134
 4,742

A bit of friendship, love, and a lots of panzers

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I finished this chapter earlier than expected so I thought of posting it earlier than expected. So to clarify on the Pony Calenders I have made a chart so all of you will be less confused. Remember that ponies use base 6, not base 10.

1 year is equal to 1410 days in base six, and 366 days in base 10. The year is base on the banishment of Nightmare Moon (for simplicity). The current year is 4353 as it's getting somewhat close to season five in base 6 (It's 1004 in base 10). There are no leap years

There are 4 months in a year with 231 days in each month. The months' names are Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn. The order of the months is which number the month has.

Summer Sun Celebration and Hearth's Warming each are the two extra days. After Hearth's Warming is the new year.

In base 10: There are 7 days a week and 13 weeks a month
In base 6: There are Tensy-one days a week and Twensy-one weeks in a month

How ponies right their days is like this: Day/Week/Month/Year.
Here is a word example: The Tensith day of the Twensy-First week in Spring in the year Four niffy and Thirty Fifsy-Three
Here is a number example: 10/21/2/4353 or 10.21.2.4353

Measurement of time | Base 6 | Base 10
1 day | Forsy | Twelve
1 hour | Onety Fifsy | 60
1 second | Onety Fifsy | 60

Fun Fact: P.S. means Post Script. You don't do P.S.S when you have another Post Script to add on. Instead, you use P.P.S

Also Fun Fact: I took WAY too long calculating the calendar, making sure it was right and correct. I'm certain I messed up somewhere but I'll never know it.

Also also Fun Face: I didn't know I could put the Author's notes on the top until this chapter

I hope you enjoy and please have a happy happy day!

Edit: I made big boo boo and accidentally put the base 10 years rather than the base 6. I made made bigger boo boos last chapter. I hope you can forgive me

The melody of the battlefield and whipping rains of the Tunisian wet season made for a terrible combo. I pushed my way through the mud, soaked to the bone, and freezing. It had been raining for what felt like weeks, the brass decided that they couldn’t wait to start the siege.

It’s been months since Operation Torch began with our landing in Vichy French Africa. Apparently, the damn turncoats didn’t realize we were coming and we met resistance. Our objective was to give the Germans and Italians hell and take back occupied territory. The allied forces in East Africa have already pushed them west, now it’s our job to finish them off for good.

The battle was a crawl with artillery firing at a mild pace. Our platoon had one job and that was to protect the tanks from enemy infantry. Their panzergrewhers and anti-tank guns were powerful against our Shermans. Though, the tanks were moving at a snail’s pace and it seems like we’ll be lucky for at least another day.

Suddenly, the rain let up, the sun came out, and the land was dried instantly. The battle began with tanks rolling across the ground. We double-timed it. We needed to get far in front of the tanks and begin our assault on enemy entrenchments.

That’s when I saw them. “A FUCKING PANZER DIVISION INCOMING!”

It wasn’t too late; we were on a hill and there was plenty of rocks between us and them. “Ready the Bazookas!” The rockets wouldn’t push them back but it’ll slow them for our Shermans to whip on in and save the day. I, unfortunately, wasn’t part of a bazooka team and watched the Panzers with my binoculars.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!

The bazookas launched a volley of rockets, smacking into the panzer line. Not many rockets met their mark but enough to push them to maneuver to cover and try to spot us.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Another volley of rockets barely even clipped a panzer let alone directly hit it. I noticed one of the tank’s guns pointing at us. “TAKE COVER!” I dived.

BAM!

The whole hill shook with the shock of the blast. I felt my sweat roll down my back and my blood run cold. There were screams and calls for medics and I found myself looking at a tall, dark blue alicorn whose mane looked like the night sky floated there eating popcorn. I don’t remember alicorns being in Africa. Maybe I’m miss remembering. I shook my head, I don’t have time. I peeked out of cover. All tank guns were pointed right at us. “INCOMING BOMBARDMENT!”

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!

My ears were winging and my body felt numb. There were more screams and wails with calls for a medic. I watched my whole platoon dying in front of me yet I felt so lost. I shook my head, “RETREAT!” We gathered up the injured best we could, piled in the jeeps, and head down the hills best we could. We could hear the cavalry arriving with the sound of big guns smashing and exploding through metal. I breathed a sigh of relief.

I found myself in the barracks, alone. My body small and adorable with my little bat wings twitching. It was cold in the barracks, so cold. “Greetings, Alexander.” I turned to find the same dark blue alicorn. “I am Princess Luna, Celestia’s sister.”

I shivered. “What’s going on? Where are my men?” My voice cracked and cried.

“Thou art dreaming, young one.”

I glared at the princess, “WHERE ARE MY MEN?!” I aimed my grand at her even though I’m pretty sure my hooves couldn’t operate it.

The alicorn ignored my threat, pushed pass me, and pulled me into an embrace. “This is a nightmare, Alex. Thou are safe.” She rubbed my withers with her wings. “Thou are safe.”

My grip on the rifled loosened and I allowed myself the coziness of the royal’s embrace. I blinked to find myself in a little home, by the fire. My childhood home just as I remembered it except with none of my family and a dark blue alicorn in it. I was wrapped in a blanket by the fire. The alicorn laying close to me. “Uh Luna, right? sorry about threatening to shoot you.”

“We are fine, Mr. Alex. Thou need not worry.” She spoke with warmth. The diction choice was a little odd but I can respect it.

“What brings you into my dreams then?”

“We come to meet you and learn about you.”

I scowled at her. “Wait a second, you jumped into my dreams without my consent. Why couldn’t you just meet with me in real life?”

Luna looked very guilty. “Oh uh sorry. We were going to do that originally when we had time but then we saw you having a nightmare and decided to help.”

“I REALLY don’t like people getting in my business. You saw things that I didn’t want anyone else to see.” I pushed away from the coziness. “I won’t lie when I say that my privacy feels violated.”

Okay, now the princess was giving me a look that nearly broke my heart. “We didn’t mean to. We were only trying to help. We’re sorry.” Her eyes were filled with tears.

I gulped. “I forgive you this time, but please don’t ever do it again.”

Luna perked up and nodded, “I’ll leave now.”

A ping of guilt bounced around my chest. I think I wish too far. “WAIT!” The very depressed looking alicorn stared at me with her big sad eyes. I hugged her, “I’m sorry, sweetie, you were just doing what you thought was right and I’m being a big grump because I didn’t want anyone to truly know about what I’ve been through.” I giggled, “Especially since this world is such a happy, peaceful place.” At least I think it’s a happy, peaceful place. So far everyone is really pleasant to be around besides a few sour grumps. I gave her the biggest smile I could manage which wasn’t that big. “Please don’t repeat what you’ve seen here today. The experience and suffering I went through shouldn’t be remembered for anything other than in a textbook.”

Luna shook her head, “No, thou art right. We often forget that some dreams are better left alone. Especially the nightmare we saw today. We should have known better but for too long have we taken to the role as Protector of Dreams that we thought we were doing good by violating other’s privacy and boundaries.” She wiped her eyes and gave me a small smile. “Thank thee for teaching us a valuable lesson. We will try to be careful from now on.”

“I think we both learned a valuable lesson today.” I chuckled, “I feel like we’re in one of those old folk tales that my parents used to read to me.”

“Indeed, we were not expecting to be scolding by someone tensies of niffies younger than us. We can see why our sister has quite the little crush on thee.”

I blinked, “What?”

“Indeed, Tia has a little crush on thou and we thought that we must meet thee to understand why.”

I smiled, “A princess and from what I understand, an immortal princess has a crush on me?”

“Hmm, crush is not quite the word. Admiration is a better one. She has admiration for thee.”

“Oh thank goodness, because I thought I would be murdered by Twilight.”

“Why would thou be murdered by dear Twilight?”

“Well, I think she’s in love with Tia.”

Luna leaped up, “DOST THOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE OF THIS CRUSH?!” She spoke in an unnaturally loud voice. She winced, laid back down, “Sorry.”

I am so incredibly glad that is the dream world or else I may have gone deaf, “She seemed very jealous when I flirted with Tia. She’s still angry at me for that. Sorry, besides that, it’s the only piece of evidence I have.”

“Quite a good piece too. To fill in the blank for thou, before Twilight became a Princess, she was Tia’s most faithful student since she was five.”

“Interesting. Personally, I’m rooting for her to ask the princess out. She seems like the kind of person who needs a special someone to help them out.”

“Ooo! How about we make a pact?”

“What kind?”

“Thou push dear Twilight to realize her feelings while we push Tia to realize her feelings.”

“So, we’re playing matchmaker now?”

“Mhmm.”

“I like this plan, Luna my girl! I’m a little bit bored with nothing to do so this’ll be something fun!”

She held out her hoof, “So it’s a deal?”

I held out a hand, “So it is.”

We shook hand and hoof as the dream collapsed in on itself.



I awoke in sweat and stress. My whole body felt sore with aches. It’s been three days since I flew for the first time. It’s been my favorite activity so far since the others who live in the house are still being cold to me. Plenty of roommates I’ve had before were much more hostile but it does sting a little. Twilight seemed to open up a bit when I tried to learn about the ponies’ number system and helped me find books to get caught up in Equestrian history and culture. I’ve also been practicing writing. It’s going to take some time to fully get it down. I learned that they had wars just the wars they had were fought many of niffies ago.

I sighed and got up, stretching out each piece of my body. Rainbow Dash has been my only true friend since coming here. Despite her brash and prideful attitude, she seems more than willing to teach me everything there is to know about flying.

Wait… now that I think about it how in the world did Luna and I get on the topic of playing matchmaker? And how did we both decide to play matchmaker? You know what, it doesn’t matter.

I’ve gotten pretty good at navigating the crystal castle. It’s been pretty nice now that I can find anything in this damn place. The smell of cooking pulled me towards the downstairs and into the kitchen where Spike was cooking a delicious meal. “Morning, Spike.”

The dragon too one glare at me and ignored my presence. Okay, I’m tired of this bullshit. I don’t particularly like being ignored especially since I don’t know what in the world I did.

It wasn’t long before Twilight dragged herself in looking like shit with the big dark bags under her eyes. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say she got into a fight with someone. “Good… Morning.” She pulled herself up in the seat next to me.

“Morning, Twilight.” I chirped.

Spike handed the purple pony princess her coffee that waked her up a little bit. She finally noticed me, “Oh… it’s you.”

I smiled, “Yes, it’s me.”

“What do you want?”

“I wanna cut the bull crap and have a serious talk on why you’re both being jerks.”

“I’m not being a jerk?”

I gave her a ‘really now’ look.

“Okay, maybe I’ve been a bit of a jerk with ignoring you but you started it.”

“What are you a child?” Princess Twilight winced, “You are a princess, royalty, and from what I understand it. You’re the Princess of Friendship. You’re sullying your title, princess.”

“I uh that isn’t uh…” She looked over to Spike who finished the food.

He turned around, “What?”

“You’re part of this conversation too, buddy. I don’t know what I did to you but I want you to stop being a jerk.”

He set the food down and crossed his arms, “You want to know what you did? You flirted with Rarity!”

“Okay, I’m betting many peo- er ponies flirt with Rarity, she’s a very beautiful and elegant mare. Why are you mad that I did it?”

“Cuz uh…”

“Cuz uh NOTHING! Do I look like the kind of pony who can sweep off mares’ feet? I mean, come on, my body is that of a little pony girl.” I smiled, “And yes, I checked, it wasn’t a good time.” I still shiver when I clean myself.

“No, I guess you don’t.” The dragon admitted sheepishly. “I’m sorry.”

My eyes traveled to Twilight’s eyes, she winced when they locked, “You are in love with Celestia!” I exclaimed.

“WHAT? No I’m not!” Her lie was terrible.

I narrowed my eyes and got close to her face. She was sweating with a very nervous look. “You are in love with Tia. I’m betting the reason why you look like crap is that you’ve been thinking about her all-night last night.”

She winced, right on the money. She sighed and nodded, “You’re… right. I’m sorry.”

I sat back in my chair, “Both of your apologies are taken and you are both forgiven.” I smiled, “I know what love feels like and it can drive you to crazy places.” My eyes down casted to my food, “Love hurts a lot, I know what it feels like to lose your love to another.” I’m sorry, Daisy, that I wasn’t enough. I shook my head and grinned, “Now that we all got that out of the way, let us restart.” I held out my hoof, “Hi I’m Alexander Chernovtsy.”

Twilight was the first to take it, “Nice to meet you, Alexander. I uh am very sorry that I acted like a foal these pass three days. I utterly failed at being the Princess of Friendship.”

“No hard feelings, just don’t do it again and all will be forgiven.”

Spike was a little more reluctant, “I’m sorry too.” Is all he said. He’s a kid and kids have a very hard time apologizing even if they’re mature for their age.

My stomach growled for food, “There, now we let's be friends and eat!” Seriously, I feel like some kind of shrink.



I soared across the sky doing barrel rolls and loop de loops. The speed of flight and the rushing wind inspired me to go faster, fly higher, and be more daring. I climbed the azure blue, finding myself above the clouds, I dropped, diving down at a speed that put a shit-eating grin on my face. I wasn’t completely sure how fast I could go but I pushed everything I had into it. The ground was coming at me fast. I should pull up to keep from being a splatter on the grassy floor. The high of speed dared me to go faster. Right when I was about to hit the ground, I pulled up, flapping my wings wildly to move my momentum elsewhere. Of course, that didn’t work and I found myself with many bruises and grass stains in my coat and mane. “Ow.”

There was a draft of wind and Rainbow Dash was there, “Hey, Ali! I saw your slick moves and I have to say I’m impressed but I can do better.” Her smile was annoying but I still chucked. She’s been nicknamed me Ali which I guess fits considering my newest form

I pulled myself back up and shook off the dirt and grass, “Of course, you are because you’re the best flier of all of Equestria.” I retorted sardonically with an eye roll. “Not that you didn’t tell me at least a few twensy times now.” I smirked. I know no one will say it but I’m very proud of myself at how quickly I’ve learned the number system, and math was my shit subject.

The blue pegasus’s chest puffed out, “Darn right I am!” Completely ignoring the sarcasm. “Anyway, you wanna get some hayburgers?”

“Sure.”

“Alexander?” A familiar voice spoke. A gray mare with lazy eyes landed before me.

“Hey Derpy.” She handed me a letter and a box of muffins. “Muffins?” I signed with my hoof print.

“An apology for hurting you. I need to go, see you!” She waved and flew off.

“Wha cha got there?” Dash took a muffin and nommed on it.

“I’m not sure.”



Dear Alexander Chernovtsy,

You are officially a citizen of Equestria or will be when you decide on a pony name. While I know that you may want to keep your current name, it’ll help you fit in better if you pick a pony name. I also recommend you go to school. Though you don’t have to do any of this, they are mere suggestions that’ll help you fit in better and become more accustomed to Equestrian society.

Please send a letter back when you’ve made your decision. I shall be expecting it before our meeting.

Sincerely,

Tia

P.S. Would you mind coming to the Castle in two weeks for tea and cake? Does the third day of the twensith week in Autumn work for you?

P.P.S What kind of cake do you like? I know that you’re not familiar with cakes here so I suggest going to Sugar Cube Corner for some help. Pinkie Pie knows her cakes.

P.P.P.S This is Luna; We have intercepted the message to thank thou and apologize again for violating thy privacy. Thou hath given us a lot to think about and we would like to lend a hoof in friendship with thou. If thee doesn’t mind.

P.P.P.P.S Operation Sunstar is at a go.

P.P.P.P.P.S. Tiberius, our pet opossum, says hi :3



Huh, Luna has a pet opossum, that’s pretty adorable. Also, what’s Operation Sunstar… oh right the match-making thing we’re doing. “What’s it about?” Rainbow asked. I shrugged and gave it to her. She read it and burst out laughing, “Celestia wants you to go to school? I could totally see you having sitting in class, admiring all the cute colts in school.”

“Oh ha ha, I’m into mares, thank you very much. Particularly mares who are old enough to drink or older.”

“Pffft sure. I totally can see you string some cute colts and fillies around.”

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever.”

She continued reading the letter, “Ooo, you have a little date with Celestia.” She made weird growling noises, “Taking it to the next level, I see.”

I rolled my eyes again, “It’s like not that.”

“Sure, it isn’t.” She read further and snorted, “You wooed another princess? My boy is on fire!” I just laugh, she’s just teasing me at this point. “So what’s this about Operation Sunstar and also I didn’t know Luna has a pet opossum.”

“She’s adorable, isn’t she?”

“It’s hard to call your ruler adorable.”

“I guess.”

“What’s Operation Sunstar?”

“I don’t know if I should say, it’s kinda private.”

“Oh come on, I promise I’ll never tell anyone.”

“I don’t know.”

The rainbow-maned blue pegasus became serious with her magenta eyes staring at me. “I promise, as the element of loyalty, I won’t tell anyone.”

I blinked, stunned by her sudden change in mood, “Uh so Twilight has a crush on Celestia.”

“SHE DOES?!”

“Ow!”

“Heh, sorry.”

“Anyway, so last night when Luna popped into my dreams, I accidentally mentioned that Twilight had a crush on Celestia and we both decided to play matchmaker.”

“Sounds like fun, can I join in?”

“Uh, I don’t know what you can do. I already made her realize her feelings for Tia, now we just have to wait for Luna.”

“I still wanna be a part of it! I can at least do a sonic rainboom at their wedding.”

“Sonic rainboom?”

“Only the coolest most awesomest stunt I’ve ever pulled off! I got my cutie mark doing a sonic rainboom.”

“Uh-huh. Don’t you mean a sonic boom?” I didn’t know pegasi can fly fast enough to create a sonic boom. I had read about a theory on how a plane can break the sound barrier but it was just a theory then.

“Pish, that’s what Spitfire called it but it doesn’t sound cool enough.” She gave me a wild grin, “You’ll be able to do a sonic boom soon with some practice and training. I’m shocked you don’t have a cutie mark in flying yet.”

I shrugged; I don’t really care much for having a special talent. I can be good at anything I want as long as I put effort and time into it. That’s how I learned most of my instruments back when I pursued music. “So how about that hayburger? Whoever gets there first, pays.”

The speedster grinned madly, “You’re on!”



I lay in my bed, the last light of the sun gleamed in the distance. I still can’t believe that Tia moves that thing and that Luna moves the moon and stars. The question is do they move the sun and moon itself or do they rotate the planet? Am I even on a planet? It’s obvious that there are stars so I must be on a planet. I still can’t believe that there’s even magic. I have to get Twilight to teach me a bit about it sometime.

I looked back at the letter again. School huh? My lips tugged in a smile. I had to quit school when I was thirteen to help out with the farm. I wanted to go to the city high school but my family didn’t have enough to send me. Now have the option to go to school for free and get a proper education, not like quitting school ever stopped me from learning. I can’t tell you how many hours I spent making a little bit of coin to get the new issue of Science Today! every month. I wonder if science here is the same as science on Earth?

My eyes went to the words ‘pony name’, I’ve heard a bunch of names since I got here, and I have no clue how or why names are picked. I’m betting every pony has a unique name just as special as the mark on their flank. The question is: do I want to give up my name so that I may blend in with my new world? Am I willing to give up a name that I’ve had since birth and even after death? I don’t know to be completely honest. Maybe there is some kind of baby name book I can skim through. Twilight has that whole library of books so there has to be something.

On Earth were there same-gender couples? I remember a few French soldiers being touchy with each other but I don’t remember any women showing that level of affection. Maybe they were all hiding? Too scared of what the world would think of them. It’s odd and sorta neat that there are people- er ponies feel comfortable enough to openly be affectionate with each other regardless of who they’re dating. Romance is just so wonderful. I can’t wait until Luna and I get Twilight and Tia together. They’re going to be so adorable together.

If there’s a same-gender marriage who wears the dress and the tux? Do they both wear dresses because that would be adorable! Thinking about this romance is making me so giddy! I remember when Astrid and I helped out our shy friend get with his crush. They were the cutest little couple ever! So shy and sweet on each other. I miss Astrid and our matchmaking schemes.

I groaned, “I’m not going to get any sleep, am I?” Why can’t I just sleep? Is it because I’m nocturnal or something? I don’t care, I’m going night flying. I learned that I have excellent night vision and tonight is a full moon with a clear sky. So out the window I went.