• Published 18th Jan 2021
  • 4,750 Views, 134 Comments

A Filly named Alex - Pegysus



A World War II officer dies on the field of battle saving his troops and finds himself in the magical land of Equestria as a Thestral filly

  • ...
21
 134
 4,750

First Flight

I am a very happy pony. When I woke up to go to the bathroom, I could find the bathroom. I was not bothered by any colorful ponies, and best of all I laid in my cozy bed all bundle up and warm. It was bliss. Now, to make my day even better someone will hand me a cigarette and I’ll be an even happier pony.

Of course, all good things must come to an end when I realize I haven’t eaten anything since well never and the starvation was recoiling back against me. I sighed heavily, wishing that I was born with the ability to photosynthesize or something, then got up and went to find breakfast.

Luck has it that I smell something absolutely delicious that was giving me the shakes. I practically skipped down the stairs and followed the smell into a kitchen to find a chubby little lizard person with purple scales and a green spine. “Mmm, that smells delicious,” I whispered with cheer.

“You must be Alex. I’m Spike, good morning.” The purple scaled lizards greeted.

“Nice to meet you, Spike. Wha cha cookin’?”

“Oh nothing special really, just some hay omelets.”

My nose bunched up, “Hay omelets? Oh right, ponies are herbivores.” Spike’s teeth were definitely not of the herbivore quality, “And what are you?”

“I’m a dragon.”

I blinked at that, “Like the kind of dragon that breaths fire?”

“One in the same.”

“Sweet!” I looked around, “Do you have any bacon? I’d like to cook some.”

“Bacon?”

“You know the part that comes from a pig? It’s delicious if cooked right.”

“Meat? Ew no, we don’t have any of that here.”

“But you’re a dragon, dragons eat meat.”

“Not this dragon, I eat gems.”

I sulked on the kitchen table. A real breakfast has at least a little bit of bacon in it. I guess life can’t be perfect after all. “Okay.” There was a little fruit basket in the middle of the table. “Are the fruits real?”

Spiked flipped an omelet then looked back. “Why would they be fake?”

“Cuz some people like them as decorative… you know what, never mind.” Spike shrugged and I took a bite of the apple. I’m not much of an apple person- er pony but man this is a very juicy and delicious apple.

There was a loud yawn of “Good morning.” That came from the entrance of the Kitchen. A VERY worn-out Twilight Sparkle dragged herself to the seat right next to me and plopped down. Spike poured a cup of coffee from a very weird-looking machine and puts it in front of Twilight.

“Morning.” I greeted back. Twilight ignored me as she took a deep sip of her coffee. Watching her levitating the cup to her mouth was fascinating. The aura that glowed around the cup was a magenta. A difference to Tia’s gold aura.

Twilight finally noticed me, knocking over her cup of joe, and falling out of her seat. “Wha- wha- wha.”

“Uh you okay?”

Twilight composed herself and began cleaning up the mess she made. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m hungry?” I took another bite of my apple. “I haven’t eaten since I came to Equestria.”

“Of course, I know that.”

I raised a brow, “You okay?” I felt a bit guilty about teasing her and Applejack even if they were annoying. “I’m sorry if I made you comfortable last night. Don’t take it personally, okay?”

“I’m not taking it personally. Who said I was taking it personally?”

“Uh, I did cuz you seem like you are?”

“I am NOT taking it personally. Now if you excuse me, I am hungry.”

“Okay.” I shrugged.

“Twilight, I think you’re taking it personally.” Spike agreed, placing the omelets right in front of us. I’ve never had a Hay omelet and the idea sounds disgusting the smell was wonderful. “I don’t know what you’re taking personally. Was it how last night’s Pinkie party trashed the place?”

“No Spike, it’s due to one certain pony in the room did something just wrong last night.”

“I don’t think flirting with Tia was wrong. I don’t really know pony beauty standards but she was a gorgeous woman and I’d happily tell her so any day of the week.” I uh tried to use a fork and spoon but that didn’t really work out, so I just held the omelet by the hooves and took a bite. Mmmm, sooo good.

“Her name is Princess Celestia! Please call her by her title.”

“You flirted with the princess?” Spiked seemed intrigued.

I swallowed another bite. “It wasn’t a big deal; I was just having a nice conversation with her.” A conversation I really didn’t want or need right then. “Spike, this is so good!” Taking a big bite out of it.

“Oh thanks, it’s nothing special.”

I swallowed my bite, “Spike, you got yourself a talent. I may not know what food is like over here but this is absolutely delicious. I have never had anything like it at all!” I gave the chef’s kiss to my hoof. “Magnifico.”

Spike blushed, “It really is nothing special.” Rubbing the back of his neck.

“Now you’re flirting with Spike!”

“What no? We’re both boys, it’d be weird if two boys were flirting with each other.”

“You’re a colt?”

I put a hoof on my chin in thought, “Then again I did see those two French guys get very touchy with each other and that wasn’t too weird.” I gave Spike a smile, “Yes I am a boy.”

“You don’t look like a boy.”

“I don’t like to think about it.”

“Oh, okay, sorry.”

I sighed, taking the last swallow of my omelet and a swig of my orange juice. “I’m really am sorry if I made you uncomfortable last night, Ms. Sparkle.”

“You FLIRTED with Princess Celestia.”

I rubbed a hoof through my hair. I seriously need a shower. “Are you jealous?”

The purple pony looked like she just got smacked in the face, “WHAT? NO! Why would I be jealous?”

“Because you seem to be focusing on the fact that I flirted with your princess.”

Twilight’s coat turned beet-colored. She tried to say something but only caveman noises came out. Or is that cave pony noises? Either way, the pony went catatonic. Spiked waved his hand in front of her to get her attention, it didn’t work. “I think you broke Twilight”

“I guess this is my cue to take a shower.” I rolled off the seat. “Thanks for breakfast, Spike.”

“No problem um do you seriously think my cooking is that good?”

“If you were a pony, it’d be your cutie mark.”



Ponyville is a colorful and bright town. Each building looked like those little cottage homes in England with hay roofs. All looked extremely well built even though they all looked like they could burn to the ground by accident. The best way to describe the style the town is going for is English Cottage chic. Many of the buildings had several floors and most of them were painted a different, bright color that stung my eyes a little.

This whole town is too bright. Then again everything is too bright. That Scootaloo girl did ask if I was nocturnal and it seems that when I gave the answer to that butter-yellow pegasus, she took it as a proper answer. I still don’t know her name and she’s part of Twilight’s friends. At least I can guess that she’s part of Twilight’s friends. So maybe that’s the reason why everything is so bright and a bit painful to look at. I wonder if they have sunglasses here.

The ponies were giving me a somewhat wide berth with a few of them openly glaring at me. Though most waved at me and some even came up to welcome me to Ponyville. It made me feel warm and welcome. How many places have I been where I was openly welcomed? Not many, most just thought I was some drifter hobo at least until I joined the military. I wish I had some bits, so many of the food stands look so delicious. Especially the little sweets place, Sugar Cube Corner, I really really want something sweet. I sighed, it’s not like money falls out of the sky or anything.

BAM!

I found my snout in the dirt with a massive headache coming on. The stars were coming back and this time they were shooting fast. “Ow.” I moaned.

“Sorry.” A voice apologized.

I rolled myself on my back to see a gray Pegasus with yellow hair giving me an apologetic and guilty expression. Her eyes didn’t exactly match up and they seem to roll whichever way. She must have a case of the lazy eye. Had a friend back in my hometown like that, used to get picked up for it. “It’s fine.” I stood up, wobbling a bit. I felt a hoof stabilize me.

“I’m so sorry, sweetheart. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

I shook my head. It hurt but I’ve been through worse, “Don’t worry, ma’am I’ve had worse than this hit me.” The mare hugged me and gave me a little kiss on the noggin. My little giggles were not my own. “What hit me?”

“I don’t know, I just deliver. I’m trying to find an Alexander Chernovtsy. It’s a weird name for a pony.”

I pulled out of her embrace and smiled, “That would be me, ma’am.” Giving my bat-like wings a flap.

The mare blinked, “Huh, I thought you’d be older.” Pulling out a clipboard. “Please sign here.”

“Uuuh, I don’t know how to write yet, ma’am.”

“Oh, that’s fine, sweetheart.” She pulled out an ink pad. “Put your hoof here and sign that instead.” I nodded and did just that. She handed me the package. “Here you go, sweetie. Please have a nice day and sorry about hurting you.”

“Bye.” The mare flew off. I looked down at the box and opened it. In it was some kind of coin, wasn’t sure what they were. I guess it’s Equestria’s currency. There was a note.



Friends in high places send their regards. Have fun, Lieutenant. I hope to have tea with you again soon -Tia

I’d like to say that fuck me and my stupid thoughts. And also thank you, Tia, you beautiful mare. Now if I only understood the currency. I noticed that the note opened up to a guide on how Equestria currency worked. Well shit… Hmmm… I wonder. I want something to carry all of this coin.

“Hey, kid.” Rainbow Dash was flying upside down. “Woah, that’s a ton of bits. How’d you get your hands on this amount?”

“Tia sent them.”

“Princess Celestia sent them?” The blue pegasus spoke in almost disbelief.

“Yeah, it was awfully generous of her. I have to get her a thank you for giving me all this cash.”

“You really know what the ladies like huh kid?” Rainbow chortled.

I gave her a wide grin. “&$#@ right.” Oh, come on, that’s censored too?

“Did you just make a beeping noise?”

“Hey, do you know a place where I can buy a bag or something to carry of all this?”

“Yup. Follow me.” I couldn’t figure out how to carry this box. I tried to carry it on my back that didn’t work. Tried to carry it on my head and while that somewhat worked, I fell and smacked my head into gravel. “Uh, you want help with that?”

“Yes, please, thank you.”

We entered a little round shop that looked like a carousel with mannequins… ponnequins wearing beautiful and dashing pieces of clothing. The place was aptly named ‘Carousel Boutique’.

“Welcome to the Carousel Boutique.” An elegant voice came to us, it was um what’s her name is Rarity, right? “Oh, it’s you Rainbow.” Her eyes met mine, she smiled. “My, it’s the newcomer to Ponyville. How are you settling in, Darling?”

“Hi, Ms. Rarity. I’m doing better today, thank you. Yesterday was incredibly chaotic.”

“I imagine so. What brings you to my elegant shop.”

“Well,” I gestured to Rainbow, “Friends in high places sent me a starter pack and I need a place to put it. And maybe a little help trying to figure out how much it’s worth.”

Rainbow Dash easily held the box with one hand… hoof as Rarity took a look, “Oh my sweet Celestia, it’s so much!” The white unicorn’s dark blues practically popped out of her face. “What kind of friends… It was Princess Celestia, wasn’t it?”

I shrugged with a big ole smile on my face, “I guess I charmed the pants off of her.”

“Ponies don’t wear pants.” Rainbow interrupted.

“I wasn’t gonna question it, but why don’t you all wear pants?”

Rainbow shrugged at the question. I let out a sigh in response.

“Anywho, Darling, do you need a bag to put in all your coin?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“So polite. I wish more stallions were as polite as you are.” Rainbow burst into mirth at the comment.

I flushed in embarrassment, “Thank you, ma’am. I try.”

Rarity smacked the laughing pegasus, glaring at her. “So, dear, would you like a cup of tea while you wait?”

“Yes, ma’am that would be delightful!” Giving her a winning smile. “Uh, where can I keep all these what are they called again?”

“Bits.” Rainbow Dash inserted herself. “I’ll keep them safe for you, kid.”

“I’m not a kid and I don’t know. I’d rather have them in a place I can reach them.”

The rainbow-maned pegasus shrugged. “Whatever you say.” She put down the box. “I’m gonna go work on my routine. I’ll see you all later.” She zoomed out the door leaving both Rarity and me behind.

Rarity smiled, “Come, Darling. I have much to do.”

The tea was delicious and Rarity worked quickly. I had asked her what she wanted and she told me she makes something free for every new customer. I couldn’t let her do that since the ‘saddlebags’, as they called them, she made me were such quality. Something even the army logistical teams would be envious of. She denied them though making me feel like I cheated her in some way. She even gave me a lockbox and a coin bag to put all my new wealth in. What a generous soul she is.



I made a quick trip back to the castle to unload all my wealth keeping a few bits in my bag. So uh, I learned that ponies count differently from humans. They count one, two, three, four, five, then rather than six, it turns into a number called Tensy. The guide helped me immensely and it was a very intuitive system since I could count to tensy with all four hooves and my wings. I decided to keep the guide in my saddlebags. The guide also came with a conversation chart to help me along. Tia really likes me a lot huh.

Another thing when I came back to the crystal castle, Twilight wouldn’t even look at me. Spike was also giving me a cold shoulder. I wonder why. Meh, probably something to do with last night.

After a quick cupcake break from Sugar Cube Corner (Oh Lord Jesus Christ were they so good), I decided to do one thing I’ve been itching to try. Flying. Ever since I got a taste of soaring through the sky, I wanted to go back and maybe sleep on a cloud-like I promised.

So, no shit, there I was in a clearing, flapping my wings as hard as I could to get off the ground. It worked for a bit but I got tired far too easily. I decided to jump and flap my wings at the same time. I got a bit of airtime before I crashed into the soft grass. This happened more times than I can count on all limbs of my body.

I was getting the hang of it though, but by the I felt like I was getting some sort of air, I was panting and sweating up a storm. I smashed a hoof against the ground. “%$#@ing $#!^!” I didn’t know flying was this hard. I picked myself up, let out a sigh, and began my walk back to the castle. Maybe it’s better if I just give up.

A blue blur landed in front of me, “Woah there, kid. What are you doing?”

I bared my teeth, “I’M NOT A KID! I’m a grown-ass adult who has fought WARS! I have KILLED people for &%#$ sakes.” Rainbow winced, her ears folded back. I ignored her as I made my way back to the crystal castle.

Rainbow didn’t get the hint as she flew in front of my face. “Wait, I’m sorry. I know you’re not a kid and I’m sorry that I teased you. I didn’t know I was hurting you.”

“Whatever.” I kept trotting leaving Rainbow Dash in the dust.

“You want to learn how to fly, don’t you?”

I halted my canter and swiveled my head. “Were you watching me?”

The blue mare gave me a sheepish smile. “You were doing pretty good, I didn’t want to interrupt.”

I sighed heavily, “Yes, I want to learn how to fly.”

“Well good cuz I’m the best flier of all of Equestria!” She boasted.

“Uh-huh?” I sighed again. I really wanna learn how to fly and Ms. Dash here looks pretty decent. “Fine, Ms. Dash. Teach me to fly.”

Her smile was radiant, “I’ll have you flying lickity split!” She landed in front of me.

“Okay? So how where do I start?”

“Well, you have pretty strong wings but your form is very messy. Can I have a look at your wings?”

“Uh sure?”

She pulled my wing out to its maximum wingspan. She inspected them, giving them little flaps. “Hmmm.”

“Hmmm?”

“Your wings are very balanced. Good in mobility, speed, and endurance but specializing in none. I don’t know much about ba- er thestral wings but from the bone structure, you should be a better flier than the average pegasus.”

“Okay? But how does that help me learn to fly?”

“It doesn’t but when you start flying, you’ll know what you’ll be able to do. My wings were designed for speed. But what separates a Wonderbolt from your common pegasus is technique, training, motivation, and talent.”

“What’s a Wonderbolt?”

“YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT A WONDERBOLT IS?!”

“Well, I’ve only been in Equestria for a day.”

“Oh, uh right, sorry.” She cleared her throat. “We’ll start with technique. That’s the easiest to get down and will allow you take off faster.”

“Alright.”

She got in front of me. “So copy me.” She got into a stance, I followed. “So, what you wanna do is make a backward D with your wings like this.” Her wing movement slow and meticulous. “Not too wide. Keep them short and quick.” We did this several times. “Now, relax your wings and allow them to bend.” I did, when I moved my wings up, they bent down. When I moved them down, they bent up. “Good, nooooow GO GO GO, FASTER FASTER FASTER!!!”

I pushed hard and fast as I slowly took off vertically. The ground below me was moving farther and farther away. My wings burned, I was panting, but the massive shit-eating grin on my face was loud and proud of my achievement. “I’m *pant* flying!”

“Darn right you are!” She was flying vertically too. “Now I want you to stiff your wings and glide down.” I nodded and glide gracefully to the ground. By gracefully I mean I tripped on my own hooves and slid my face through the dirt. I spat out the blades of grass in my mouth and Rainbow doubled over with cackles.

“Oh ha ha.”

“Don’t *ha* worry *haha* Alex *hehehe* You did great.” I found myself laughing with her. If you can’t beat‘em, join’em. It was a bit before Rainbow calmed down enough. She wiped tears from her eyes. “So, ready to do some real flying?”

“Uh, sure? What do I need to do?”

Rainbow smirked, “It’s easy. Just take a running start, jump, and remember what I taught you.”

I exhaled, “Okay. I think I can do this.”

“I know you can do this.”

“I’m glad you have confidence in me.”

“No problem, Alex. And I really am sorry about earlier.”

I shook my head. “I should apologize to you. You didn’t deserve me snapping at you. I was just frustrated.”

“Don’t worry, every pegasus has it rough the first time.”

“I wasn’t frustrated at flying. Just how quickly my life changed in front of me and I didn’t even have a say in it.”

We stayed silent for a long time. The birds were tweeting, the gentle autumn breeze pushed the clouds across the sky, and I felt kind of comfortable talking about what happened. My sacrifice, my loss, and my fears. I could really open up to Ms. Dash right here and now.

Instead, I stood up stretched my wings, and gave them a little flap. “I’m going to try again.”

The blue pegasus smugly smirked, “Knock’em dead.”

Knock who dead? I nodded, took a running start, flapping my wings hard, and jumped.

Flying is incredible. The rushing wind softened my giggles as I soared across the azure blue sky. I climbed above the clouds, the need for speed was pushing my soul to dive down. I banked right then left then attempted a barrel roll and completed it on the first try. I was so in control, so powerful as I zoomed across the sky. I noticed a cloud lazily floating through the sky. With my mouth and cheeks tired from grinning, my throat sore from all the giggling and shrieks of joy, my wings ached and burn from the training, and my body was exhausted, I laid down on that fluffy, soft cloud and passed out into a coma.



Meanwhile

Rainbow Dash was amazed and proud of the little thestral filly who isn’t really a little thestral filly. He zoomed across the sky full of giggles and happiness. If she didn’t know any better, the filly not a filly was actually a filly all along. Of course, it was stupid to have such thoughts. Rainbow had seen yesterday what kind of pony Alex was. He was bold, feisty, and full of spunk. She wouldn’t be lying when she says that the kid not a kid inspired her. Not that she’d tell him that. She almost couldn’t believe that a tiny little filly, who she could only guess was at most five years old, flirted with Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria, Princess of the Sun, an immortal who could wipe out whole cities if she wanted to, and actually charmed the pants off of her to the point that the princess gave him a massive number of bits. The metaphorical pants of course.

Yet, even though the giggly filly who is not a filly zipped around doing barrel rolls, Dash couldn’t help but feel a ping of pity and guilt for him. As the element of loyalty, she will never repeat the things he spoke of today. He deserved privacy of his past. While she didn’t know what it’s like to fight in a war. Dash could tell that Alex was hurting something fierce, and if flying could give him the ability to cope with it, then she’ll teach him how to be a better flier than even her: the best flier of all Equestria.



Also Meanwhile

“And thou said that this Alex is a thestral filly?” Princess Luna, princess of the night, Diarch of Equestria, couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Well, she could but it was hard to believe. She gave Tiberius a stroke while he nommed on a piece of cake. Since her big sister came back from investigating the aurora over the Everfree, Tia’s royal mask had gained a few extra cracks. Luna hasn’t seen her sister this happy since well before her fall to darkness. Now the Sun Diarch was giddy like a little school girl.

“Indeed.” Tia took a sip of her tea.

“It is hard to believe that such a young pony could crack thy mask this much. We are happy that our big sister found someone she can be open with besides us.” Ever since Luna came back from nightmare, she had noticed that her sister seemed less like her mischievous self and more like an ethereal sun goddess who ruled benevolently and with no cracks in her mask. Besides cake, cake is always on the table for Tia no matter the circumstances.

“It’s quite refreshing to have somepony to be so bold and daring as he. I am not entirely sure where he came from, but it seems where he did come from there wasn’t royalty or the need to bow to your ruler.”

“We must meet him some time. We think that he will be quite a hoot!”

“Lulu, he just came into this world. Give him some time to become accustomed to it.”

“We will obey.” Luna crossed who hooves with a lie.

“Moving on, we have something serious to discuss.” The sun princess glared at her sister.

“What is wrong, sis?”

“Tiberius ate FOUR of my cakes.” The puggy opossum hissed at the wraith of the sun princess then he scurried away. “Come back, Tibbles, I only want to vaporize you with the power of the sun.”

Author's Note:

Hello! Thanks for reading this new chapter of A Filly named Alex. I seem to be on a roll, pumpin' out a bunch of these chapters every day. If you're wondering about the pony number system. Ponies use base 6 rather than base 10. So instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. They use 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10. 10 in their number system is called Tensy.
Here's a chart to help you along:

Word | Symbol | Base 10 value
Zero | 0 | 0
One | 1 | 1
Two | 2 | 2
Three | 3 | 3
Four | 4 | 4
Five | 5 | 5

Tensy | 10 | 6
Twensy | 20 | 12
Thirsy | 30 | 18
Forsy | 40 | 24
Fifsy | 50 | 30

Onety| 100 | 36
Twoty| 200 | 72
Threety| 300 | 108
Fourty| 400 | 144
Fivety| 500 | 180

Niffy | 1,000 | 216
Miffy | 1,000,000 | 46,656
Jiffy | 1,000,000,000 |10,077,696
Chiffy | 1,000,000,000 | 2,176,782,336

Isn't their seximal number system so adorable? All the number words are just so cute and fit in so nicely with Equestria
Anyway, hope you all have a happy happy day!!!

Edit: I'm big smooth brain and messed up on the base 10 values. I also added the base 10 values for Miffy, Jiffy, and Chiffy if you want an idea