• Published 18th Jan 2021
  • 4,754 Views, 134 Comments

A Filly named Alex - Pegysus



A World War II officer dies on the field of battle saving his troops and finds himself in the magical land of Equestria as a Thestral filly

  • ...
21
 134
 4,754

Look at the Blind Side of Life part 2

Touching down in the center of Ponyville, I flopped onto a bench. I’d lay on a cloud but it’s a clear day, curse Rainbow and the weather team. It’s been about an hour since my hunt for sunglasses and it seems like no store or anything has sunglasses, Filthy Rich’s general store has no sunglasses. Apparently, they’re out of stock. What’s worse is tomorrow I’m having that test. Why does everything so damn bright? It’s so frustrating that I wanna- I wanna “UUUURRRRGGG!” I smacked a hoof into the bench, fortunately, the bench was ston, unfortunately, I left a crack in it.

Ponies were beginning to stare and some even glared, “Hahaha, uh I’m gonna go now.” I took to the skies. Maybe Luna has some Sunglasses?



“Sorry, dear Alex, but we left all our sunglasses in Canterlot.” Luna spoke, lying lazily in the grass. She was out of her thestral form and back to the same old, childish alicorn I knew her as.

“Then why not we go back and get it?”

Luna’s eyes widen and shook her head vigorously. “Tia will have us killed!”

“Oh come on, Tia is one of the nicest ponies I know, I’m sure she’ll forgive you for Tibbles’s appetite.”

Luna had a look on her face that told me maybe Tia isn’t the nicest pony, “Thou remembers when we said that we are goddess?”

“Uh yeah?”

“Well, we cannot die or be killed in any usual fashion.”

“Okay.”

“But we can get hurt and even be decapitated. And last time we made Tia furious, she grabbed a spear and kept stabbing us with it. It hurt, a lot. Sometimes she cuts our head off as a joke and of course there are times where we have turned her into mincemeat.”

“Oh, I see, so she’ll torture you because of Tibbles.”

“Mhmm.”

“Being a goddess must be weird.”

“Tell us about it.”

I put a thinking hoof on my chin, “Maybe if we sneak in there, grab the sunglasses, and go without Tia ever noticing.”

“Hmmm, that might work, dear Alex! The Royal Guard is so much lazier now than before I was banished. Our best soldiers are the Wild Hunt but they are Navy, not Guard.” Luna flew up and hoof pumped, “Huzzah! Adventure awaits!”



Meanwhile in Location Location Location

The nice warm, cozy cottage sat covered in snow, puffs of smoke rose out of the chimney. Inside the cottage lays a light pink peach mare with chocolate hair. Her gold eyes twinkled a reflection of the fire and of her small filly who cuddled up cozily, snuggling into her mother for warmth and safety. Fruitfly stroked a gentle wing to the back of the filly. Her coat the same shade of pink but with her wife’s metallicish blue hair. The sweet little filly fluttered her lime-green eyes awake.

“Oh, did I wake ya, sweet gurl?” The chocolate-mane mare’s alpine accent was lighter than most.

The filly shook her head in her mother’s fur, “No, mummy.” She snuggled in closer, the filly eye’s danced with the fire.

The mare observed her beautiful little daughter. She was a perfect combination of both her mother and her in almost every way. Fruitfly wanted to stay like this forever. “Sweet Victory?” The mother’s voice soft and so full of love and endearment.

Sweet Victory looked up, “Yes, mummy?”

The mare smiled, “I love you.”

The filly’s smile was so dazzling that Fruitfly’s world lit brighter than the sun. “I luv you too, mummy.” She nuzzled against her mother, “I luv you sooo much, mummy!”

Fruitfly nuzzled back, “Oh you’re such a sweet lass.” The mare’s eyes glassed around, “Now where’s your mother, she’s supposed to be here with food.”

Right then the door opened, revealing Nachtfyre. Her beautiful long, metallicish blue mane shivered from the cold. She carried in a cart of ingredient for fish n’ chips. “Oi, Ah’m home!” She announced, “Cum take this bookin’ cart before Ah freeze to death.” She then whined.

Fruitfly rolled her eyes as her daughter giggled, “You ain’t gonna freeze to death, ya silly filly. Now cum ‘ere and gif me a smooch.” Fruitfly kissed her lover, the tingles and warmth that filled her to the brim nearly took her breath away. The earthy smell of a good day’s work nearly turned poor Fruitfly into puddy. Everything felt wonderful in her lover’s hooves.

“Ew!” Victory exclaimed, her tongue sticking out.

Nachtfyre took off her harness and picked the little filly up by one arm as Victory squealed, “Aye, it is ew but one day you’re gonna be doin’ the same with your lover and we’ll be yelling ew too.” Nacht kissed the filly on the forehead as she giggled, “Now, young lassy, have you been doin’ your winter schoolwork?” The filly’s face scrunched up, “Aye, that’s what Ah thought. Now, let’s go do sum homework while mummy cooks us a delicious dinner.”

Fruitfly and Nachtfyre’s relationship nearly fell apart when Nacht came out about her true self. It had been a tough road, but a road she’d gladly canter forth no matter how many times. Now she got to see her handsome wife and beautiful daughter together. It really is a dream come true.



In real life again

The sound of cowbells played too close for her sensitive ears. Fruitfly found herself with tear stains on her sheets and wet eyes that seemed to grow wetter as time passed. She’s been having this dream over and over. Albeit different in some ways. Mostly the setting. Sometimes it was taking Sweet Victory flying for the first time or taking her how to cook or her going off to college. Each time mare cried endlessly, having to keep her sobs quiet so that her bunkmates don’t notice.

Fruitfly was back in the night guard after taking a few sick days to do the fertility tests. A burst of tears was going to push their way through, but the mare choked them down and got up and ready for the night.

The pink mare had gotten back into her routine and every night was like this. She was woken up by cowbell which still let her ears ringing. The mare throws on her armor and makes a mess hall run. Then the changing of the night guard happened at thirsy o’clock sharp. They all normally stand with their platoon leader, a unicorn by the name of Dark Burst, roll calls making sure that everyone was awake and ready for guarding.

Fruitfly exhaled deeply, “Tanite is one of those nites, an’t it?”



Back to Luna and our boy

“How –pant— much longer –pant— is it –pant—?” I panted, my throat was dry and my wings were burning.

“We are almost there, dear friend, please hold on a little longer.”

“O —pant—k —pant—.” It had been a little more than three hours since we took flight. Despite being able to break through the sound barrier, distance flying was a totally different ballgame from stunt flying and racing. Twilight had mentioned in her happy rant about meeting Celestia that it only took an hour by train. I really wish we were on a train about right now. It would’ve been a lot easier to put on disguises, take a train, and sneak in that way but Luna insisted that flying our way would be better.

Fortunately, Canterlot was in view. Of course, we can see the castle in the mountain from Ponyville but seeing it in the gorgeous sunset was breathtaking.

It was just a glide down before we were over the city. The architecture was a lot more unique with a more renaissance kind of look. Ponies closed for the day while other ponies opened for the night. It wasn’t really anything more special than what I’ve already been to. Luna had changed to her thestral form and we decided to take a break at a café. I was a sponge to each they gave me.

“So, what’s the plan?”

Luna took a bite of her sundae, “We wait.”

I sighed, “Luna, I really need to get back home. I have a test tomorrow and Twilight is going to kill me if I’m not back before midnight.”

Luna smirked, “So Twilight is thy mother now?”

“What?! NO! She isn’t, she’s has big OCD brain that can’t take it when things don’t go according to plan. Which is why she makes fifsy-five other plans and contingencies.”

“We think that is more of severe anxiety than OCD.”

“Whatever the point is while she can be lenient, she still does the twitchy thing she does with her eye when I do something she doesn’t like.”

“She cares about you, dear Alex.”

“I know but I wish she saw me as an adult and not a child.”

“To be fair, unless they have seen thy dreams or know what thy past was, it will be hard for them to think of you anything but a foal. Thou make for one cute foal though.”

“Whatever, if we’re gonna be stuck here waiting can I ask more questions about the nyxlio. Specifically, about thestrals.”

“What about them?”

“I noticed that I’m stronger and more durable than I was before turning into a pony. I mean I should’ve been a pony splat on the ground several times over but all I have is sore limbs and big bruises. Why is that? Not to mention that Twilight, Rainbow, and Applejack all said that they saw lighting crackling around me. I am kind of lost on my abilities.”

Luna sighed and sat back in her seat, “We shall start at the beginning.” Luna took a deep breath letting out a long exhale. “We did not create thestrals technically.”

“You didn’t create them then how did they get here?”

“Thou see that during the War of the Long Night, we needed more fliers to fight against the Celestia’s pegasus army, but we had no more fliers than we already had. So, we decided to change our pegasi followers. We wanted to reward them with power and ability. So, we made them thestrals.”

“Okay, explains somethings but go on.”

“Most ponies do not know that thestrals were designed for war. We made them as tough and strong as earth ponies and better wings to out maneuver their former pegasi brethren.” Luna let out a breath, “We designed the thestrals to be as strong as all three pony races. To be just as strong as earth ponies, to be faster and more agile than the average pegasi, and to have a resistance against unicorn magic. However, there were downsides, in order to properly replenish their strong magical abilities, we had to turn them omnivores. Their fertility rate was much slower than ponies’. Most of them couldn’t touch the clouds or move the weather. Then there some of the more minor problems they had.”

“Like what?”

“Well, thou hath already experienced it. Sensitive to loud noises, sensitive to bright lights, their wings can easily be punctured through leaving them flightless until they heal. Then it’s their colors.” Luna sighed, “Their colors are so dark and dreary. Many of them couldn’t hope to pose as normal ponies.” Luna gazed into the distance, “We worry that they won’t ever be accepted by society.”

A ping of empathy bounced around my body. Thestrals are starting to remind me of black people, maybe not so overt and terrible, but still just as bad. “But I’m just as colorful as normal ponies and while most scowl at me like I’m some kind of thief most seem to like me well enough. Not to mention that I can touch the clouds, and accidentally put dents in both the ground and a crack in a bench. That’s all of them, right?”

Luna nodded and smiled.

“Then I have all the thestral abilities and more.” I took a thoughtful hoof to my child. “Wait, doesn’t this make me some kind of overpowered protagonist or something?”

Luna shrugged and smugly smirked, “If it pleases thou better, we can always spar again. We art certain thou will learn that there is always a bigger fish.”

“Thanks for your wonderful input, Luna, in reminding me that I’m just a bug in a world filled with bears.” Remind me to never pick a fight with a goddess again.

“Thou art welcome!” The dark blue goddess sung with a ‘cat caught the canary’ grin on her face.

If she wasn’t so adorable, why I oughta… I sighed and saw the moon lazily rising. “I think it’s time to get this party started.”

Luna stood up, “That it is, dear Alex.”

I sighed severely, “Let’s get this over with.”

Author's Note:

Hello folks! Short chapter today but I feel like it fits with what's about to happen next. Another will be put out on monday or tuesday if I'm not too busy reading the Savage Skies series. It's REALLY good and giving me inspiration for a Martial-Arts-like fimfic.

Comments ( 20 )

hope alex accidently fumbles his way into becoming a god/godess in a plan layed out by luna and celestias mother to get luna a freind (its farfetched and out of left field but i like it)

10654694
Don't give me any ideas

10654709
i wont give you ideas like luna and alex falling in love and celestia getting jelly and fighting luna for alex only for both sides to accidently kill him and he meets faust
No no ideas here
Nope
Nada

Hrm, she hasn't drowned herself in her work yet, so still before the hump. Curious why Luna has not yet attended her nightmares, almost feels external manipulation is occurring and That's No Good. Though waking up from a cowbell? Some jerk will need a lesson delivered...

This is cute and I want more. Although I can't help but worry about some of what's been foreshadowed here...

Why does everything seem so damn bright

Sometimes it was taking Sweet Victory flying for the first time or teaching her how to cook or her going off to college.

She was woken up by cowbell which still left her ears ringing.

she has a big OCD brain that can’t take it when things don’t go according to plan.

I took a thoughtful hoof to my chin.

Great story. Looking forward to more

U
had me sold at ww2 being mention also th cuteness of batpony hell ya

Could Alex by a femboy, futa, or unisex?

I think the futa spell would last longer than a gender spell.

I hope this story comes out of haiatus soon, i am enjoying it

'Tis a shame this was cancelled. It was fun while it lasted.

:raritycry: NO! I actually liked this one!!

10685953
Sounds like it could be a amazing story.

Meh... I finally got to this one in my list and it's been canceled...

Before I crack this one open and read it I have to ask. Based on the synopsis, was this inspired in any way by an actual thing that happened? Perhaps not to you but something you heard about?

10825427
About some dude who gets shoved into another universe and turns into a tiny little bat filly? Nah, it's mostly fiction. If you're talking about the PTSD episodes and gender dysphoria, yeah I know a thing or two

10825690
no there was a documentary a while back about a boy who somehow had the memories and experiences of a pilot who died during WWII

10825892
Oh yeah, heard about that. If you want to interpret what my failed project as that then go ahead

More? No more? Where chapter

Login or register to comment