• Published 31st Jan 2021
  • 478 Views, 0 Comments

Different Facets Of A Gem - TheSuperTransformerFan



The rangers and ponies are skeptical when Steel says he’s found clues that proves that an old enemy may have returned.

  • ...
 0
 478

Part 1: Skeptical Clues

At Grid Battleforce, Zoey, Ravi and Devon were ready to kick off their day of ranger training. "Okay. Time for target practice." Zoey said as she and Ravi got their blasters aimed at some holographic target.

"Beast-X Blast!" They both said as they fired at the targets spot on, and again multiple times with each of them getting 100 points on each of the targets. So far, so good, as they both hi-fived and got ready to blast at the targets some more.

Meanwhile, Ben and Betty Burke both came in and decided to join in on the rangers' training. "Everyone's exercising." Ben said in amusement.

"Yeah." Betty agreed. "What can we do?" She then noticed what was right next to her. "Punching bag! Okay, hold it!"

"Okay." Ben said as he held the bag with all his might.

"Hold it tight." Betty warned.

"Okay. Give it all you got." Ben said jokingly. However, he would wind up eating those words as Betty punched the bag hard, knocking Ben off the bag and into the equipment rack.

"Are you okay?" Betty asked rushing over to him.

"Yeah." Ben said, as he noticed something more safer. "Jump rope." he pointed at it. "Jump rope." Betty nodded as they both walked over there.

Devon was using his cheetah speed to jump over the jump rope, which was going at a pretty decent speed spinning around him. The Burke twins saw and thought it wasn't too bad.

"Y'know, Ben?" Betty said. "This doesn't look so hard."

"Yeah." Ben agreed as he saw Devon on it. "I was thinking the same thing." The two decided to join in on the jump rope as they made their way to either side of Devon, a few feet behind him. "Ready?"

Betty nodded. "Let's go!" They both ran to join in, which made Devon start to lose his timing on the rope, as it also whapped Ben in the face repeatedly. Suddenly, all 3 lost their balance and fell down automatically, as the rope came apart.

Ravi and Zoey took notice and rushed over to them. "No." Devon groaned as he was trying to get up.

"Oh, sorry." Betty apologized as she and Ben were trying to get up as well.

Ravi and Zoey untied them and helped them up. "You guys okay?" Ravi asked.

"Yeah, we are!" Betty said, as Ben stammered. "Let's go, Ben!' The two rushed out of the training room, while Nate came in, carrying a new red blaster to show his teammates.

"Hey, Everyone!" Nate said as he came in.

"Hey, Nate!" Ravi said. "Where's Steel? It's not like him to miss training."

"I haven't seen him today." Nate said. "I've been pretty busy. Zoey's been helping me work on this project." He took the glass case off to reveal the new red blaster. "Check it out! I've decided to call this the Beast-X Ultra Blaster. Want to try it out?"

"Sure." Ravi said, as Nate took the blaster out of the case and handed it to him.

"It's not only more powerful than your Beast-X Blasters, but it's also got rapid fire." Nate said excitedly. Just in case anyone tries to come after our Morph-X again."

"Let's give it a try." Ravi said as he carefully aimed the blaster at one of the holographic targets. The blaster revved up and fired at the targets rapidly. So far, smooth sailing. Suddenly, Ravi couldn't hold it still as the blaster fired everywhere on the target practice wall. "Uh, Nate?" All three rangers had to hold him, and stop the blaster from firing rapidly.

"Sorry." Nate said as he took the Ultra blaster. "Just a small stabilizer malfunction?"

"Small??" Ravi asked as he pointed to the almost decimated target wall. "That's an understatement!"

"It's got the power you want." Zoey said, trying to stay positive.

"Yeah." Devon said in response to what Ravi said. "I'd hate to be that wall."

Just then, they all heard a voice that did not go unnoticed. "GUYS!" It was Steel, the silver ranger, and he was carrying a whiteboard with pictures, paper, and some magnets. "I have an urgent announcement!" he said seriously. "It's very bad news! The Storm King is back!"

"What?" Ravi asked in alarm.

"The Storm King is back?" Devon asked as well.

"How do you know?" Nate asked as well.

"Once you look at the evidence, it's obvious!" Steel said as he revealed the evidence shown on the whiteboard. "Listen! I've been doing the research for weeks, now! I've found some pretty troubling stuff!" The board showed various evidence, including the Loch Ness Monster, underground lizard people, the Storm King's symbol, the airships he used (from My Little Pony: The Movie), and a picture of the Staff of Saranas...his own personal weapon.

The others were a little confused at where this was going. "Look, I know it's a lot to take in." Steel continued. "Even I was at a loss for words."

Zoey came to the whiteboard and was unsure about this information. She took a news article of a Morph-X tower off. "So...this is your evidence?" She asked.

"Precisely!" Steel answered, as he held the article for all to see. "Exhibit A! Remember that Morph-X tower spill in Sector LIMA-3-2?" They nodded. "It's all cleaned up! I checked the logs! No cleanup crews were EVER assigned! That's 100 tons of Morph-X unaccounted for!" He stated firmly. "It must have been stolen!"

"No. No. No." Devon said as he took the article. "I think you're confusing the Storm King with Evox. And, my dad said it was taken care of. He's the mayor. He'd know."

"Even mayors can make mistakes, Devon." Steel said, ignoring what he just said. "We HAVE to investigate!"

"Steel, Evox is gone. We destroyed him." Nate reassured him. "And as for the Storm King, Twilight told us, that she and her friends stopped him. You were there when they helped us stop Evox."

He went to the whiteboard and was quite surprised and confused by what he saw. "Underground lizard people? Giant airships? These are ridiculous." He tried to tell him.

"I don't know." Zoey said. "Some of those things seem kinda legit...but you can't get obsessed!"

"I'm NOT obsessed!" Steel tried to say. "I'm sure I'm right!"

"You need to have proof." Ravi pointed out.

"Enough with the conspiracy theories." Devon agreed with Ravi.

"You're kidding, right?!" Steel asked, flabbergasted.

"No, I'm not." Devon said to him calmly. "My dad's back in town, it's been ages and I can't wait to see him."

"That's enough training for today." Ravi suggested. Steel threw up his hands in exasperation. He couldn't believe that his teammates wouldn't believe him over something like this.

He looked at the whiteboard and took off a picture of a fish silhouette. He got an idea. "I think I know just what to do." He thought out loud.

"You guys go. I've gotta get the stabilizer fixed." Nate said as he inspected the Ultra Blaster. "It's going to take a while."

"I have a suggestion for tomorrow's training!" Steel suggested. "How about a run through the woods?"

The others thought that sounded like a good idea. "Sounds good." Nate said as Ravi nodded.

"Yeah." Devon agreed as well. "Some fresh air would be nice."

"Fantastic!" Steel said as his friends left the training room. "See you in the morning, then!"

"Bye, Steel." Zoey said as she left.

Steel nodded and looked at the picture again. "I will get to the bottom of this." He thought. "And, while I'm at it, I think I'd better tell, Twilight. I think she deserves to know about this. And, I haven't visited Equestria for a while, so now's a great time to do just that." Steel held onto the photo as he walked over to Nate's lab.

He found the trans-dimensional teleporter and turned it on. He put in the coordinates to Equestria. "I think that should do it." the Beast Bot thought, as the portal opened. "Equestria, here I come!" He stepped through the portal to make his way to find one of his closest friends from that world, Princess Twilight Sparkle, and tell her about the incoming news. Equestria was his next target.

Author's Note:

That's all for part 1! Steel has found out about the Storm King, but the other rangers are a little skeptical about his findings. Steel's not giving up, as he's going to Equestria to tell Twilight about this. What will happen when Steel arrives in Equestria? Find out in the next part!