• Published 2nd Sep 2012
  • 4,083 Views, 25 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Wings of Steel - TicTac



A small group of Vertibuck pilots in a race against time to stop a Zebra plot.

  • ...
5
 25
 4,083

Anecdotes #1

You enter a bar, looking to get a drink. The bar is empty, save for the bartender and a single teal-coated pegasus. He's wearing an E.A.F. Uniform, Aviators, an Officer's Cap, and there is a revolver slung under his shoulder. You get your drink, taking a seat next to the pegasus.

He looks over at you. "Hey." He says. "Name's Swept Wing."

You simply nod in response, taking a drink of your beverage.

The two of you make idle chatter for a while, and before you know it you've told this pegasus your life story.

"You know, as interesting as that may be, I've got several that easily top it." He says.

You raise an eyebrow in disbelief. "Let's hear 'em then!"

The pegasus nods, and begins to speak...

Anecdote 1: The Failed Assassination of Princess Celestia

June 15th, 2075, 15:00: Shattered Hoof Ridge

The Battle for Shattered Hoof Ridge had been a harsh one. So harsh in fact, that the Zebras had called for Princess Luna to sign a peace treaty with them, but the Princess currently seated in the cargo area of Swept Wing's Vertibuck was not Luna, but Celestia. The Princesses were suspicious of the sudden move towards peace by the Zebras, so Celestia had been sent to sign the treaty under the guise that Luna was already busy meeting with the Ministry Mares.

"How much security detail did you put up for this Princess?" Swept Wing asked as they approached Shattered Hoof.

"More than enough Sergeant." Celestia replied. "I'm sure everything will be just fine."

Swept Wing nodded, guiding his Vertibuck over the landing pad and descending. "I'll wait here until you're done signing the treaty Princess."

Celestia nodded, trotting down the now-open ramp of the Vertibuck with two Royal Guards. "Shouldn't take that long Sergeant."

Swept Wing nodded back, watching as the Princess cleared the landing pad with her guards. He got up, trotting down the ramp and flying up on top of his Vertibuck, getting a good look at what the setup was.

There was a single table placed in the middle of the camp, on one side standing a zebra and several guards, while Celestia stood on the other with her guards. A big red stallion in combat barding stood nearby, scanning the high ridges around them, presumably for snipers.

Celestia and the zebra talked for several minutes, while the opposing guards just glared at each other, probably holding a staring contest of some sort.

Swept Wing yawned, turning his gaze upward towards the ridges as he stretched. Something caught his eye at the edge of his vision. He could have sworn it was the sun glinting off the scope of a sniper rifle, but when he turned to face where he saw it, all there was were rocks.

"Hmmm." Swept Wing muttered. He hopped off his Vert, and trotted over to where the big red stallion was standing next to the table, whispering what he had seen into his ear. The stallion nodded, turning his attention in that direction.

Swept Wing turned, and started to head back to his Vertibuck, when he saw the glint of the scope again. This time the big red pony saw it too, and shouted a warning, leaping towards the Princess as the sharp crack of a sniper rifle bounced off the ridges.

"Fuck!" Swept yelled, drawing his Dan Wesson and turning around, seeing the stallion lying on the ground in front of the Princess, the broken remains of the table beneath him, accompanied by a lot of blood.

Swept Wing didn't hesitate. He leapt into the air, and sped off towards where he had seen the scope glinting from as the Royal Guards initiated one hell of a beat down on the zebra guards.

Another shot rang out, this one directed towards Swept Wing as he sped towards the sniper. It missed, whizzing past his ear.

"Oh no you don't!" Swept Wing yelled, catching a glimpse of zebra stripes running up a path along the ridge. He flew up ahead of the retreating zebra sniper, landing around a blind corner ahead of the retreating sniper. He laid in wait, gun drawn.

As the zebra came around the corner, Swept Wing stepped out in front of him, and fired off two shots with his revolver. The zebra went down, clutching his chest and dropping his sniper.

Swept Wing calmly picked up the fallen weapon, slinging it over his back before looking down at the zebra. "And I thought this was supposed to be a peace treaty." He growled. "Doesn't seem so peaceful anymore."

Swept Wing took off again, leaving the zebra to bleed out on the ridge. He flew back towards Shattered Hoof, finding the place in utter chaos. The two zebra guards were dead, while the zebra ambassador who had been sent to sign the treaty was cuffed and being held by no less than six Royal Guards. Celestia had disappeared beneath an armada of guards, while several medics were rushing the red stallion away.

Amid all of this, Swept Wing managed to get back into his Vertibuck, setting the sniper rifle down in the cargo hold before strapping in and spinning up the engines.

Celestia and as many guards that could fit boarded a moment later, the ramp closing behind them. "Return to Canterlot please Sergeant." The Princess said, her voice shaky.

Swept Wing nodded, taking off without another word.

Comments ( 1 )

My wings have their own story? Cool.

Login or register to comment