• Published 14th Jan 2021
  • 1,990 Views, 5 Comments

The Break Up Story - ScisetShimmerEvan



After many months Twilight finally tells Sunset how her break up with Timber Spruce went and learn a shocking surprise on why Timber wanted to break up as well.

  • ...
6
 5
 1,990

How it all happened (Updated 1/17/2023)

It was Saturday at Twilight’s house just a few days after the new year had started. A lot had happened since Christmas and New Year's with Twilight’s family when they learned the truth of Sunset’s past. It took a while to get used to but despite that, they accepted Sunset as part of the family. Even if she was from another world, she was welcomed into the face with open arms.

Even though it was Saturday, Twilight and Sunset were hard at work going through some of Twilight’s belongings in her closet. Twilight never completed getting rid of any stuff she had back when Sunset stayed the summer with her family as her time with Sunset made her forget about it. And now that it was the new year, they decided it was best to get it done with before Twilight's mother finds out.

Much of the stuff they were cleaning out of her closet would either be kept or given away. Sunset thought Twilight needed to get rid of some stuff she still had, as she had held onto a long of things over the last few years. While Twilight was hesitant at first she did end up agreeing with her girlfriend. Heck, even velvet Twilight's mother agreed too, which caused her to get embarrassed in the end.

“Can’t believe you have a whole box just full of tests and quizzes with A’s and other grades on them Twilight.”

“What? I do what I like. And besides, I kept them because I’m good at remembering to pay attention, take notes and end up getting good grades in the end.”

“Ok point taken, but honestly it's time to let go of them. It’s just gonna take up more space if you don’t get rid of them. You can’t hold onto everything.”

Sigh alright Sunset. I was gonna do it eventually, so put them in the trash and get the next box from my closet.”

“You got it.”

After Sunset threw away the papers she proceeded to get the next box to be searched through from Twilight's closet. But there was a problem. The next box was up a bit high. Sunset didn’t want to ask Twilight to use her telekinesis to move it so she stood on her tiptoes till she managed to get a hold of it. But that was when she lost her balance and fell with the box opening up and spreading out all its contents over the floor!

“Oh my gosh! Sunset are you alright?”

“I’m fine. Just lost my balance.”

After Sunset got up from her fall she spotted something that caught her eye. After picking it up it was a photo of Twilight with her ex-boyfriend, Timber Spruce with her holding what looked to be a trophy.

“Wait a second.”

After Sunset looked at what had fallen out of the box and what was scatted across the floor she realized that the box was full of photos and belongings from Twilight's ex-boyfriend Timber!

“Twilight, did you keep all of this stuff this entire time?”

“Um um. Sigh yes Sunset. Yes, I did. It seems like I just forgot about it since we broke up last year.”

“No Twilight it's fine. I can relate.”

“Really how?”

“I kinda did this myself after I broke up with Flash. Surprised now?”

“A little. But you are right. It's best I just get rid of these things. We're not dating anymore. I don’t see why I should keep them.”

“No no no no Twilight you don’t have to. I know breakups can be hard, but sometimes holding onto things isn’t always bad. Especially when it comes to someone you once dated.”

“Says the one who wanted me to get rid of old tests just five minutes ago?”

“This is different ok!”

“Well, I guess you're right Sunset. We're no longer dating but are still friends. I still talk every once in a while. I wonder how he's been since we last saw him when you nearly drowned in that river?”

“Say Twilight, about your break up. How did it go? You haven’t told me or our friends since you told us a few months ago?”

“I don’t know Sunset. I'm not sure you should hear it.”

“Come on Twilight. Please?”

“Alright fine, but can you promise to not tell the others until I'm ready to tell them myself?”

“I promise.”

Twilight accepted the fact she was gonna have to share this with Sunset. She knew she was gonna have to tell her at some point how she broke up with Timber, and today was that day.

She took a deep breath, thought to herself for a good minute, and soon started explaining how she broke up with Timber Spruce.

“It all started three weeks before the Memory Stone incident. Timber and I were having a day- I mean hanging out at the planetarium. I wanted it to go perfectly with seeing the exhibit on gravitational fields, the planetarium show, and then drinking hot cocoa while looking at constellations. But sadly it didn’t go well. That is until Fluttershy’s jar of Fireflies saved the day, making the hangout end on a positive note. And that’s when it happened.”

Flashback

“Considered me-”

“Star Struck,” they both said to each other.

As the fireflies formed a heart to make the couple feel very happy that their date ended on a good note Twilight remembered something important she needed to discuss with Timber.

“Timber, there’s something important I need to talk to you about. But you may not like it.”

“What is it Twilight? Is there a problem?”

“Yes, there is. I know we’ve been doing great with this relationship since we met a few months ago. But honestly, I just don’t have any romantic feelings for you anymore. Even just when I'm with you. You're a great person to hang out with. But I would consider you my friend, rather than my boyfriend at this point.”

“But why Twilight? Do I do something that made you feel this way?”

“No Timber, it's not. I’ve been having feelings for someone else lately, mainly since this person I feel very happy whenever I’m around her. She understands me well, and surprisingly we have so much in common. I’m still fortunate I got to meet you. I haven’t met many nice boys since before I transferred to CHS.”

“So does that mean?”

“Yes, Timber. I’m breaking up with you."

"Oh. I see."

The couple fell silent for a bit before Twilight resumed their conversation.

"I’m sorry if I broke your heart Timber. You're the first person I’ve ever fallen in love with and I'm proud of it. But my love for you seemed to have been short-lived. Ever since I started to get to know the person I now love, I’ve been with her more than I have with you. That is why we haven’t been on many dates lately. I’m truly sorry Timber. I hope we can at least still be friends.”

After Timber heard what Twilight shared with him he went silent for the next minute processing everything that just happened. After doing some thinking he had his answer.

“You know Twilight. I feel the same.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve been feeling the same thing you're going through when it comes to love and feelings for someone. What I'm trying to say is, my love for you has faded too."

"Wow. And here I thought you were gonna cry or beg to give you another chance?"

"Yeah. Just like you, I’ve been spending a lot of time with one of my old friends from my childhood. We did date once and lately, we've been thinking about getting back together. Try and solve a few problems in our relationship. So to put it simply, I’m having feelings for someone else like you are.”

“Wow, that went differently than I thought it would. But deep down, I want to thank you for understanding Timber. It means a lot to me.”

“And thank you for understanding mine as well.”

“Speaking of which, who is this girl you're starting over with? I don’t recall you ever telling me about her?”

“I mainly never brought it up for a multitude of reasons. She’s gone through some stuff that's a bit complicated to explain. Even though you and I have seen a lot of crazy things like wild magic and people transforming into monsters.”

“Can you at least tell me her name?”

“Sure. But can you please keep it a secret?”

“I promise. Your secret is safe with me.”

Timber then told Twilight the name of his old friend to which he whispered it into her ear. He explained what his friend had gone through and why they had been feeling romantic feelings for one another lately.

“Wow. It all makes perfect sense now. Thank you, Timber. For explaining this to me. I hope your second chance at dating her will work out.”

“I hope so. By the way, I think I’ve figured out who the person you’ve developed feelings for is. The sign is pretty obvious it's a girl.”

“Really who?”

“A certain red and yellow-haired girl, who happened to have been to Camp Everfree with you?”

“You mean Sunset Shimmer?”

“Yep.”

“Ho- How did you know?”

“I slowly put it together from what you told me. There were a few hints during your stay at camp that you had feelings for her all along. I just didn't feel like barging in and asking for a multitude of reasons.”

“Yeah, Sunset's the one I'm having feelings for."

...

"So, we even now?”

“Yes, we're even.”

“Friends?”

“Friends.”

They went into a hug just as the sky cleared up, revealing many stars and constellations. The two of them looked at them together, knowing this was the start of a new friendship and relationship calling out their names.

Present

“Wow, I can’t believe that Timber was seeing someone else like you were. Not to mention your still in contact with him months after you broke up.”

“Yep, just the other day he sent me a picture of him and his girlfriend on a date. They seemed to be pretty happy together. Seems like they're working things out well.”

“Just like the two of us.”

“Mhm. You know, after telling you that story, it made me think of something. About what we were doing before shared with you my break up with Timber.”

“What’s that?”

“Even though we're no longer dating, we're still friends. Sure, we’ve moved on, but we haven't forgotten our time together. I'll never forget when I dated Timber and the good memories I had with him as my first boyfriend.”

Twilight then placed one of the photos onto her desk mirror, deciding to keep it as a reminder of the first love she had with a boy.

Just looking at the picture, Twilight’s started to feel a bit emotional all of a sudden. While she no longer sees Timber, they've created a new relationship as friends. She was gonna miss him when it came to their hangouts and dates. She began tearing up a bit just thinking about the good times they had together.

Sunset came over and hugged her before Twilight let out the sadness she was holding onto. Just thinking about her breakup and how she still hasn’t gotten over it. This was the first time she’s experienced going through a breakup, and it was a very hard decision she had to make if she wanted to be in a relationship with Sunset.

Sunset began stroking Twilight’s hair, telling her that everything was going to be alright.

“ It's ok Twilight, breakups aren’t easy. I’m here for you. I'll always be.”

After Twilight was finished with her crying she looked up at Sunset, smiling back as she wiped a few tears away.

“You are truly my favorite person to be with Sunset. I’m glad to call you my girlfriend.”

“Happy to hear that Twilight. If you ever need to talk about this again, let me know. Or if you want, you can talk to Timber a bit. I bet he must be going through the same thing as well after you both split up.”

“Knowing Timber, he must be. He can often be a crybaby at times. But that's all a part of being human.”

They soon shared a good laugh thinking about it before feeling like going in for a kiss to finish the moment.

Twilight was never gonna forget her time with Timber. But with Sunset as her girlfriend, she knew that this relationship was gonna make her life even happier with the one true person she cares most for in her life.

“I love you Twilight.”

“I love you Sunset.”

They cleaned up all the photos from the box before Twilight threw a good chunk of the stuff away in the garbage. She kept the one photo of herself and Timber on her desk, as a reminder of the first-ever crush she had.

They were then off to Sugarcube Corner where they'd be meeting up with their friends. And oh boy, were they in for a surprise for what Twilight would be telling them, while they shared their new year's resolutions with several mugs of steaming hot chocolate.

Author's Note:

Well everyone I hope you enjoyed this. Thought I'd do this since I think some people wanted to know how this would happen in my story timeline and now you have it and since well there are lots of Sciset stories and if the timber was ever brought up this would make a good explanation on how it all went down.

I'm glad I got this story out before tomorrow since January 14th is my birthday and I'll be turning 19. Time sure flies when you don't pay attention since honestly I kinda haven't felt like I've turned 18 and that I'm still 16 like I was in 2018. Anyway everyone I hope you all enjoyed it make sure to comment below on what you thought.

That's all for now I'm SciSetShimmerEvan and I'll see you down the line!

Comments ( 5 )

Glad Twiggles and Timber had a relatively clean breakup.

10628819
Thx I decided to make it simple and that it was the same for another couple from a tv show from my childhood who just wanted to be friends instead of a couple. And it's great I got to finished in time for my 19th birthday

10632720
Np and I apologize for the incredibly long wait it took to respond to your comment.

Login or register to comment