• Published 13th Jan 2021
  • 2,386 Views, 182 Comments

Classroom Changeling - Someguy458



In the middle of Biology Class, Rove Hummel turns into a Changeling.

  • ...
8
 182
 2,386

Chapter 7: This May Be Bigger Than We Thought...

*Beep! Beep! Beep!*

7 AM, Tuesday morning. I quickly sat up, doing a check on myself.

Still a Changeling. There went any hope of this being a dream.

I groaned, swinging my legs off the side of the bed and dropping down on all fours. With a small bit of effort, I lit my horn and pulled open a dresser.

Then Bea came in. "Rise and— oh, you're already awake?"

I grunted half-heartedly, "Uh-huh."

She nodded, unsure of how to process this break in routine. "Well, okay... I'll, uh, be in the kitchen, then..."

With that, she left me to get ready.


After I realized that none of my shirts fit me anymore, I went to the bathroom (which was an experience I refuse to go into detail about) and headed out to the kitchen for breakfast. We weren't up for talking that morning, so we instead listened to the news on the radio as we ate breakfast. They covered some political events, a report on a recent spike in solar flares, and a fluff piece about a kitten that was rescued from a tree.

Once that was done, I packed my backpack before joining Bea on our walk towards school. Clouds were starting to gather, threatening to cover the city in gloom.

"So," she began, "what do you plan to do now that you're..."

"Not human anymore? I don't know," I admitted, shaking my head. "No offense to Mr. Adler, but I'm not sure how much help he'd actually be able to give me."

Bea nodded slowly, seemingly staring off in a random direction.

"I mean, he knows next to nothing about this, and —"

"Uh, Rove? You might want to look around."

I blinked, then stared at her. "What do you mean, Bea?"

"Just look around and tell me what you see," she stated evenly, eyes widened and aura purple.

I casually did a once-over of the surrounding area, then froze dead in my tracks. "What the hell...?"

Most of what we were seeing was normal; some cars drove along the roads, a few people were out and about, and I could even see some wild birds and squirrels.

But what caught our attention was the sudden increase in non-humans.

A unicorn was warily walking next to an older woman; I could see a Changeling's distinctive eyes peeking out from behind someone's curtains; and there was even a dragon out jogging.

Bea and I were flummoxed. We exchanged a glance, silently deciding to go up to one of them and ask, then approached the unicorn.

She took one look at me and let out a breath. "You too, huh?"

I nodded. "What's going on? When did you lot change?"

The unicorn sighed. "I don't know about the rest of them, but I changed on Sunday. I just woke up, and *bam*— I'm a pony now."

The woman walking with her added, "I only just convinced her to come outside again."

"When'd you change?" the unicorn asked sympathetically.

"Just yesterday," I replied.

The woman seemed to realize something at that. "Wait, yesterday? Were you the Changeling that was all over social media?" I nodded, and she gasped. "Oh, I'm so sorry! That must've been so frightening, having this be publicly spread across the Internet like that..."

I shrugged, "It's okay; I can't control what other people do with their phones."

The unicorn smiled sheepishly. "If it makes you feel any better, seeing the response to those posts was actually what gave me enough confidence to come outside today."

I blinked. "Really?" She nodded, and I couldn't help but smile a bit. "Well, at least some good came out of this..."


The 'people-turned-non-human' situation only became more apparent as we reached my school. Now, I could see some pegasi, some earth ponies, a dragon or two, and even a griffon, all mixed into the regular student populous. There was even a cop or two scattered around, trying their best to keep the peace.

I gave Bea a worried look, a thought crossing my mind. "You don't think we're ALL going to change, do you?"

Bea seemed to share my thought. "We'd better hope not..."

But just in case, I looked over Bea as she was for what could be the final time. Then I reared up onto my hind legs and gave her a hug, and we split up once more.

I had to push myself to keep walking into the building, being met with odd glances as I walked by. Thankfully, their reactions were tempered by the influx of cartoon-ified people, so I didn't get much more than a slight flinch directed at me.

Then Osmond approached, looking just as confused as I felt. "Rove, are you seeing this!?"

I nodded, relieved to find a familiar face. "I know, right? Lily and I aren't the only ones!"

"Speaking of her," Os continued with a frown, "she's still holed up in her house."

Well, darn. I was really hoping that she'd be able to muster the courage to come back outside after seeing me, but I guess not. I just had to hope that—

Suddenly, Os flinched, grasping his head. I stepped forward and asked, "You okay?"

He tried to shrug it off by saying, "Yeah, it's just a headache," but that only confirmed my worst fear.

He was about to move on, when another headache struck.

Then another.

And then he transformed.

His stature completely changed into that of a pony's, tearing his clothes off in the process; his skin grew short brown fur; his ears distorted and shifted to the top of his head; he gained a muddy blonde tail as well as two wings; and his face elongated into a muzzle.

But what really surprised me were the ADDITIONAL changes: his teeth sharpened; his ears were fluffier than usual; and instead of ordinary pegasus wings, he had the leathery wings of a bat.

Os, now a thestral, took a moment to recompose himself before getting up from the ground and opening his new, pumpkin-orange, cat-like eyes. "I just transformed, didn't I?" he deadpanned.

I could only nod dumbly in response.

Os took a moment to look himself over, taking in his new body, but froze when he peeked down his barrel. I could practically hear cylinders misfire in his brain as he processed what he saw, before finally stating:

"Fuck, I think I'm a girl now."

Author's Note:

Is it bad that, while I was writing this, I started getting a headache?

Edit (7/4/2022): Added a mention of cops hanging around to try and keep the peace. For those wondering where they were in the preceding chapters: let's just say that they were planning on investigating Rove, but then all the subsequent transformations (including some within the precinct itself) caused their focus to become scattered. By the time they'll become organized again, the problem will be too widespread for them to handle.