• Published 21st Feb 2021
  • 7,252 Views, 197 Comments

The Young Prince of Equestria - GoebelTron



Saved by his parents from death when he was a baby, saved by Celestia who found and raised him as her son, but what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bowen Mockingjay? Follow his adventures as he learns from his own experience.

  • ...
11
 197
 7,252

Chapter V: Castle Lifetime in Canterlot (Part 2) - Homeschooling Education

The next morning, as Celestia was finished raising the sun, she walked over to Bowen’s bedroom to wake her son up. Bowen was asleep peacefully on his bed, as he was wearing his bear covered onesies.

Celestia then smiled warmly and then nudged her child with her head, “Bowen. It’s time to get up.”

When he heard her voice, Bowen opened his eyes and then looked at his mother’s beautiful face. “Good morning, Mommy,” he said, hugging her neck.

“Good morning, little one. Did you have a good night’s rest?” she asked. Bowen nodded, and then Celestia lifted him up with her magic and placed him on her back. Bowen and his mother went over to the dining hall for breakfast, and then saw their plates full of pancakes with butter and syrup. Celestia then looked at her son, “Bowen, since you’re not ready to go to actual school yet, I’m thinking about hiring you a tutor so that you have some education. Does that sound nice?”

Bowen nodded, “Okay, Mommy. That’s nice.”

When Bowen was done, he got dressed into his casual attire and then brushed his teeth. Until he was ready, he waited for the tutor to come, until he saw a unicorn mare enter. She had light grayish brown fur, an amber streaked mane and tail, and grayish purple eyes with brown and green glasses with two chains holding the frames, and light grayish red eyeshadow. She wore a dark green regal patterned jacket with a white blouse underneath and both a black neck choker and cyan pearl beads around her neck, and black thin hoof shoes on all four hooves. Her cutie mark was a few books and an apple.

“Greetings, your highness,” the mare said with a British accent.

“Good morning, Professor Bookworm. You remember why I’ve hired you?” Princess Celestia replied.

“Yes, indeed,” Professor Bookworm replied. “So, where is my student?”

“He’s right here,” Celestia said, as she looked down at Bowen hiding behind her hoof.

“And who or what might this creature be?” Professor Bookworm asked.

“Professor Bookworm, I’d like you to meet my son, Bowen Mockingjay, and he’s from a species called humans. I’ve hired you to be his personal tutor so that my son can get some proper education,” Princess Celestia replied.

“I see. And I assume it’s while you’re busy as well?” Professor Bookworm asked.

“Yes. I’m not actually ready to send him off to school yet, because I don’t want to introduce him yet,” Celestia replied. “Do you think you could keep his existence a secret for me? Because I don’t want there to be rumors about a foreign creature living in Canterlot all around by somepony snooping the news.”

“Oh, please. I’d never! And I would absolutely love to tutor this young colt of yours,” Professor Bookworm replied.

“Excellent, and I expect some reports on his schoolwork by the time your shift is finished,” Princess Celestia said.

“Say no more, your majesty. I’ll be sure his cleverly fragile little mind is filled with proper IQ, and then I’ll report to you what he has learned,” Professor Bookworm said, until she then set up her educational equipment, including some textbooks, a chalkboard, and some sheets of paper.

Bowen and Celestia said their goodbyes and then Celestia attended her royal duties, and then Professor Bookworm started tutoring Bowen.


After Professor Bookworm finished tutoring Bowen for the day, she gave her report to the princess about how well he has learned.

“I’m very impressed. I’ve never seen or heard my son learn so well from one of my finest tutors from my school,” Celestia said.

“Oh, nonsense! It’s only a matter of time before he truly succeeds, but are you sure you want others to tutor him as well?” Professor Bookworm asked.

“Yes, Professor. I’m certain. Because I believe having him homeschooled before sending him off to proper school should suffice. Because if I send him early, others might bully him,” Celestia replied.

“Well, that can’t happen, I assure you,” Professor Bookworm stated. “Now, that the day is done, I’ll come by tomorrow and continue with the tutoring. But I’d suggest hiring more if many of us choose to retire or other things.”

Celestia nodded and then saw the professor walk away.

Celestia then noticed that things for her son might turn up pretty well.