• Published 21st Feb 2021
  • 7,238 Views, 197 Comments

The Young Prince of Equestria - GoebelTron



Saved by his parents from death when he was a baby, saved by Celestia who found and raised him as her son, but what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bowen Mockingjay? Follow his adventures as he learns from his own experience.

  • ...
11
 197
 7,238

Chapter IV: Castle Lifetime in Canterlot (Part 1) - Fifth Year

’5 years later...’

As Celestia’s sun was rising, beginning to announce another beautiful day, Bowen was sleeping peacefully in his bed with his teddy bear that had golden brown fabric and paw prints, and bead eyes and a brown plush nose, and a cat plushie, that had bluish gray and white plush fur, a pink nose and blue bead eyes, woke up and refreshed himself from his sleep. He now had fully grown golden ash blonde hair, but it was styled like a combed, trimmed and shortly spiked haircut. He was also wearing a pair of navy blue footed open bottom onesies with sports gray cuffs and golden yellow crest, 3 buttons on the front and a zipper on the back, and it was covered with teddy bear heads. He looked at the calendar and gasped excitedly about today, “It’s here! It’s here! It’s finally here!” He got up, and then ran over to his dresser and got dressed into his clothes, which consisted a pair of gray overalls, a sports grayish white shirt with regular sports gray sleeves and crest ring underneath a dark blue and gray college jacket style zip up sweatshirt with his mother’s cutie mark on both shoulders, and then put on his white socks and little fancy velcro strap black and silver sneakers with light blue and white lining, black padding, and silverish gray chain pattern fabric.

As he got out of his room, he walked over to Celestia’s room and saw her reading a book and wearing her robe and slippers, until he got excited and jumped on to her for a hug. “Good morning, Mommy!”

Celestia giggled lightheartedly and then nuzzled with her son as she wrapped her forelegs around him, “Awwww... Hello and good morning to you, birthday boy.” She then gave him a kiss on the cheek and continued to hug him as he hugged her neck and nuzzled with her fur, “How’s my sweet little angel today?”

“Awwww, Mommy, I’m fine and I’m not so little now you know?” Bowen said.

Celestia rolled her eyes, “Oh, come on, sweetheart. You are only five years old today, but that’s still little and you know it. Besides, it doesn’t matter if you are five or one thousand years, but you will always be my little baby.”

“Mommy, stop it. You’re embarrassing me,” Bowen said.

“Well, I AM your mother, that’s my job,” Celestia said, and then she lit up her horn with a mischievous smile on her face. “Come here!” Bowen giggled, as Celestia laid him down on the floor. “I’m gonna get ya!” Celestia then gasped and blew a raspberry on his belly, making Bowen laughed some more, before they hugged and nuzzled again.

“I love you, Mommy,” Bowen said, hugging her neck. “I love you too, Bowen. Now, get on. It’s time for breakfast,” Celestia said. “Okay!” Bowen said, as he got onto Celestia’s barrel and climbed on her back and she walked over to the dining hall for breakfast.

Celestia felt tears of happiness in her eyes as she saw her son growing up and it made her so proud, and then felt overjoyed that the past five years were the best she ever had when she adopted Bowen as he made her life fully happy. And she enjoyed letting her son celebrate the holidays with her, including Hearth’s Warming, Hearts and Hooves Day, Nightmare Night (but he couldn’t go out so she let him have all the candy he wants), and the Summer Sun Celebration, which ached her heart to think about the dark loss of Luna, but Bowen would always be there to cheer her up, and she even remembered his actual birthday, which is when she decided to make it the day he was given birth by his birth parents and before she found him when he arrived without him knowing about his parents before it was time to tell him the truth.

On their way there, throughout the hallways, they were greeted by some guard and servants, by this time, Bowen had already managed to gain the trust and love of almost everypony inside the palace, because there were still some who thought he could be dangerous and would try to do something in the future. Celestia always ignored their warnings and trusted someday her son would be able to gain their love and trust as well.

Suddenly, Bowen was then held in a pale grayish green aura he immediately recognized, as he turned around and saw his all time favorite foalsitter maid pony.

“Sweet Rose!” He said excitedly as his foalsitter held him for a hug. “Hello, little Bowen! Happy birthday!” she replied. “Thank you,” Bowen said. “You’re welcome, sweetheart. So, are you ready to spend another incredibly fun birthday with all of us?” Sweet Rose asked. “Yeah! I’m so happy!” Bowen replied excitedly, until he felt something gently pulling his shirt.

When Bowen turned around, he saw a cute little unicorn filly, who was no more than 4 years old, and had white fur and a lemon greenish yellow mane and tail, and sapphire blue eyes.

“Happy birthday, Bowen!” she said, and hugged him with her forelegs wrapped around him. “Thanks, Flying Hope. I’m glad you’re here too,” Bowen said, as he hugged her back, until she blushed hard and sighed warmly, but never stopped hugging her friend, which Bowen didn’t mind as Celestia placed them both on her back while she and Sweet Rose continued walking over to the dining room. Flying Hope was the only friend Bowen had of his age, and was Sweet Rose’s daughter and her precious treasure while Sweet Rose was pregnant with her before Flying was born one year after Bowen was found by his mother.

For being his personal foalsitter, Princess Celestia gave Sweet Rose special permission to let her daughter Flying Hope and Bowen hang out with each other since she wanted him to have at least one childhood friend, and have somepony to play with and also help him adapt to the outside world. Since the day they first met, they somehow became inseparable.

As they arrived, Bowen was given a bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal with milk and brown sugar and a regular glass of milk to drink by one of the butlers and thanked him. When he was done, they were all greeted by a beautifully young and happy 12 year old alicorn mare he recognized. It was his favorite cute and older cousin, Cadance, as she now had two electric blue bows tied on both her mane and tail, forming two braided ponytails.

“Cadie!” Bowen said, as he was pulled towards her for a gentle like crushing hug against her leg. “Happy birthday, my sweet little cousin!” Cadance said, as she lowered her head down to nuzzle with him, then gave him some birthday kisses. “Thank you, Cadie. I’m glad you’re here too, especially since I’ve still got my favorite prettiest alicorn cousin here with me,” Bowen replied, as he kept nuzzling her chest fur. “Aww, I love you too, sweetie,” Cadance said sweetly, as she kept hugging him against her foreleg while stroking his hair with her hoof.

Ever since Bowen came into Celestia’s life, Cadance helped show some love and support to her little cousin ever since she was a little pegasus filly, but while growing up, Bowen had recent troubles remembering his favorite cute older cousin was now both an alicorn and a princess, except he in fact wasn’t surprised at all, for a so young attractive mare, she was super smart, caring, kind, and funny. Bowen was still glad to have another pony in his family like Cadance to care for his well-being until Celestia finally decided to ascend her niece into an alicorn, titling her the Princess of Love.

While he was hugging Cadance, Bowen somehow noticed somepony was missing. “Umm... has anyone seen cousin Blueblood?”

Cadance frowned at this as she realized that Blueblood would still find an unreasonable or pathetic excuse to avoid seeing her sweet little cousin everyday, especially on his birthday, asking herself why was he always like this? She looked down at Bowen with a hoof on his cheek, “I’m sorry, sweetie. He’s busy with his... important royal duties, but hopefully he might come.”

Bowen then sighed with sadness, “Yeah. But it’s okay. *sniff* I know he will never come. He never does, since he still hates me. But at least… you’ll be there, right?”

Cadance then hugged her cousin again, “Oh, Bowen. Of course I will. I wouldn’t want to miss your special day if it was even the end of the world.” She was smiling while hugging him once again, but she was furiously and disappointingly unamused about Blueblood’s actions, reminding herself that she’ll have to talk some sense into him after the party that he was hoping not to attend.

“But... isn’t that half of who I am?” Bowen asked. “Yes, my son. You may be a prince, but you’re always allowed to live free and enjoy yourself anytime you want,” Celestia said, and she let her son hug her hoof. “Now, I must attend to my royal duties, but try to finish them early before I come back for Bowen’s birthday party later this evening.”

She then turned to her servants and guards, “And as always, everypony is invited, so tell that to the rest of the staff.” All of them nodded and then she looked down at her child one more time while giving him another hug, “I’ll see you soon, little one. Now you behave for your foalsitter and your cousin, and please enjoy this day, ask for all the ice cream you want, but not too much, so save some for your birthday cake, okay?”

“I will, Mommy. Have fun at work though,” Bowen said, after nuzzling with her fur, until Celestia left for her duties.

Once she was gone, Bowen and Flying Hope then started to run to his bedroom to play some board games, read a few books or draw some pictures. Until in a corner of the hall, they bumped into a certain unicorn prince, which was Blueblood.

“Cousin Blueblood! You’re here!” Bowen said, as he was about to hug him, but Bowen was stopped and pushed back by Blueblood’s aura. “Don’t touch me, peasant! And for the last time, never call me cousin! How many times have I told you?! It’s Prince Blueblood to you, and you will address me as such! Got it?!”

Bowen started to shed tears, “B-But... But Mommy says we’re family... and that such formalities are never n-necessary between the both us us.”

“Ha! Oh, please! As if I would ever consider a creature like you family. You’re just a filthy little monster that my Auntie Celestia took pity of as a son, none of the less,” Blueblood said cruelly. “And don’t even think of treating yourself as some prince, because you’ll never understand the dignity of becoming one.”

Bowen then stood there in shock. Blueblood, his arrogant cousin, always did his best ignoring him but never dared to insult him. He had always tried to get in his good side and he always thought he was cool, then why? Why was he saying those mean words? He started to cry, until Flying hugged him while looking at Blueblood with angry eyes. “Hey! Why would you say those things? He’s done nothing to you!” she said.

“I can say whatever I want to whoever I want to. I’m a prince and a nephew of Princess Celestia, so know your place, brat,” Blueblood replied. Flying was then about to cry, but suddenly another voice joined the conversation.

“Then I think you should also know your place as well… brother.”

Blueblood suddenly turned around in shock to see his sister, staring at him with her eyes like daggers, as she continued talking while bringing Bowen and Flying Hope underneath her and behind her front legs for a hug as they both hugged one of her hooves while she used her other one to stroke Bowen’s hair.

“Well, if it isn’t my little sister, who’s come on down to mingle with the commoners. And siding with this frea-,” Blueblood said, until Cadance cut him off by raising her hoof.

“Aunt Celestia and I didn’t see you at breakfast this morning, since later is Bowen’s birthday party,” Cadance said.

“That’s today? Hmph! Must’ve slipped my mind,” Blueblood said. “But I meant no disrespect towards you or my aunt. Of course I have tremendous respect for our aunt’s royalty, but I’m not fond of commoners.”

“Maybe you weren’t first in line to begin with?” Flying Hope asked.

“I actually was first in line, or don’t you remember? That was until the so-called ‘precious prince’ arrived,” Blueblood said, looking down at Bowen and Flying Hope scaring them both, until Cadance placed her hoof in front of them both.

Cadance then spoke up, “You should also know that Bowen is our aunt’s son, and our dear cousin and family, meaning he’s now above you as I am, because if you’re talking about ranks for royalty, then you should also know that I can also outrank you, since I’m also an alicorn and the Princess of Love, and trust me, I can. And for what I’ve seen, I don’t like what you’re doing to my dear sweet and cute little cousin or appreciate how you’re treating him and Flying Hope right now.”

“Oh, then I shall practice my curtsy then,” Blueblood said, as he then began to walk away.

“Don’t turn your back on me, Blueblood!” Cadance shouted.

“Oh no, Cadance. Perhaps you shouldn’t turn your back on me,” Blueblood replied, until Cadance teleported in front of him.

“Are you tempting me, or is that a challenge?” Cadance asked.

“Oh no no no. I wouldn’t even dream of tempting or challenging you,” Blueblood said. “Because a true prince like me never starts a fight.”

“You’re no prince! You’re just a big mean jerk! A prince has compassion and a kind characteristic trait. You have none of those like Bowen does,” Flying Hope said.

“Oh, shut up or I will-”

“Or you’ll what?” Cadance asked, stomping her hoof in front of the kids, as Flying Hope stuck out her tongue and blew a raspberry at him.

“Well, as far as brains go, I’ve got the share for royalty and dignity, but when it comes to magic and strength… I guess I’ll be just a shallow end of the gene pool,” Blueblood said, as he then huffed and left the halls like the snobby prince he was, then Cadance sat down and wrapped her wings around Bowen and started nuzzling him.

“Guess there’s one in every family, huh?” Flying Hope asked.

“Yep. And they always manage to ruin special occasions,” Cadance said.

‘What am I going to do with him?’ she thought to herself, before she then kissed Bowen on his forehead, and hugged him against her chest as she looked down at him, “I’m sorry that happened, my little treasure. I promise I will deal with him later, but please don’t try to let this ruin your birthday, just for me, okay?”

Bowen sniffled the tears from his eyes, “Ok… thank you, Cadie. I love you.”

“I love you too, my sweet little Bowen,” Cadance said, giving him another kiss on the forehead, and hugged him with his head against her chest again.


Later on, the rest of the day went well as Bowen and Flying Hope spent their time playing with Cadance in the royal gardens.

Very soon as it nearly started to get dark, after one more round of hide and seek, it was now time to go to the party. When they got there, Bowen was greeted by the castle guards and staff, and then his mother was there too. He then rushed over to her and gave her a crushing hug on the leg, until he was lifted up in her aura and then held against her chest for a real hug, and then nuzzled with her chest and neck fur. He didn’t want to tell

Bowen received a few presents, including a couple of toys and plushies, a new big box of crayons of all colors, a wooden sword and shield to play knights with, a custom made replica of a royal guard’s armor from Cadance that fits his shape, and a brand new playground ball. Celestia suddenly came over with her gift for her son. “Bowen, I have something for you, sweetie.”

She turned her head and placed what appeared to be a phoenix with vivid amaranth and luminous vivid gamboge feathers, and light bright yellow eyes fly over and landed on her hoof. “Wow...” Bowen said.

Celestia then explained what it was, “Her name is Philomena, and she’s one of these types of birds that are noble and proud creatures. I’d like you to treat her with respect as I do.”

Bowen nodded, and then smiled as his mother let him pet Philomena with his hand, until she enjoyed his gentle touch, “Hi, Philomena. It’s nice to meet you too.” The bird then flew over to the boy and landed on his shoulder gently and then nuzzled with his cheek very sweetly with a soft coo like a dove.

“It means she like you. Although I’m really impressed. Normally, phoenixes would usually take their time to start liking somepony, but it seems you are indeed special, son. She seems to have some interest in you,” Celestia said.

“Thanks, Mommy. I love you,” Bowen said, as he hugged his mother on the neck. “I love you too, my sweet prince,” Celestia said. “Now I think it’s time for a certain birthday boy to blow out the candles on his cake, don’t you think?” Bowen nodded, and then after they sang to him, Bowen blew his candles and they all had cake after Celestia carved it.


Later on, after the party ended, Bowen was already asleep after Cadance tucked him in earlier and in his pajamas, but before he went to sleep, he saw Philomena looking at him, and said, “Goodnight, Philomena.”

Philomena squawked in reply, and then as Bowen fell asleep, the phoenix then went to sleep as well.

Author's Note:

Flying Hope is owned by alejin. I only asked permission for fair use and was reasonable on why. No need for hate comments or any kind.