• Published 21st Feb 2021
  • 7,224 Views, 197 Comments

The Young Prince of Equestria - GoebelTron



Saved by his parents from death when he was a baby, saved by Celestia who found and raised him as her son, but what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bowen Mockingjay? Follow his adventures as he learns from his own experience.

  • ...
11
 197
 7,224

Chapter XIII: Unknown Nightmares (Part 1)

The next morning, in Celestia’s room, the princess was asleep peacefully, but suddenly, she started to wake up, and then she looked at her clock, before walking over to the balcony to raise the sun and lower the moon.

Afterwards, Celestia walked over to Bowen’s bedroom, and then quietly walked over to her child’s bed, and then nuzzled his small form, “Bowen, it’s time to wake up, my sweet little one.”

Bowen then opened his eyes, until he saw the beautiful face of his alicorn mother, “Hi, mommy.”

“Hello, my little prince. How’d you sleep?” Celestia asked, while comforting her son.

“I slept good,” he replied while refreshing himself.

Celestia nodded and then nuzzled her child lovingly, before she put him on her back so they can head over to the dining hall for breakfast.

When they sat down, Celestia asked the maid to bring Bowen a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of milk, while she had a plate full of fried eggs with home fries, that also had hay and a fresh cup of tea.

“Bowen, today, Mommy has to do a full day conference because some of the other ponies elsewhere are having issues, so I’m going to be late later this evening.”

“Okay, but when will you be back?” Bowen asked.

“Probably before dinner time,” Celestia replied. “But… I’ve got a few minutes to myself, so why don’t we go for a stroll around the gardens?”

“Okay,” Bowen said with a cute smile on his face.


Later on, Bowen and Celestia took a stroll around the castle’s royal gardens for some fresh air, and were relieved that it was such a beautiful day.

“It sure is beautiful in the gardens, Mommy. I even like how our flowers bloom,” Bowen said.

“I’m glad you do, sweetheart, and so do I,” she said, while she then lowered her head down in sadness.

“Are you okay, Mommy?” Bowen asked, until Celestia looked at her child.

“I’m fine, dear. It’s just that… I was just thinking about…” Celestia couldn’t even say it.

“Do you miss Auntie Luna?” Bowen asked.

“Yes. I do,” Celestia said.

“I’ve always wanted to meet her,” Bowen said. “What was she like?”

“Well, Luna was… quite the silent and peaceful one during the nights, kinda like how I was when we were your age,” Celestia answered. “But one fateful night, she became consumed with a source of darkness that was feeding on her jealousy when she refused to lower the moon, before she became Nightmare Moon, the mare on the moon, whose heart and soul was black as the night. I had no choice but to banish her to the moon for 1,000 years. But don’t worry, if I find someway to bring her back and free her from her dreaded curse, we’ll be able she gets to meet you, and we’ll rule as a family.”

“Okay. I hope she’ll like me too,” Bowen said.

“I’m sure she will,” Celestia said, before Bowen placed a flower on her mane, making the alicorn blush, and then they nuzzled lovingly together, before she realized what time it was now. “Oh! I have to go. Why don’t you hang out here for a little while, and if you want, you’re welcome to get something from the kitchen.”

“Okay. I love you,” Bowen said, hugging her face.

“I love you too, my son,” Celestia said, before stroking his hair with her hoof, and then she kissed his forehead and then went for her conference.

Bowen then sat by a tree and began reading one of his favorite books, until he suddenly began closing his eyes and fell asleep.


Darkness. Everything was completely dark, but the floor was foggy, and there wasn’t anyone around or anything. He could still move his legs, see through his eyes, and hear, but there wasn’t anything except just him… or at least… that was what he thought it was.

Suddenly, he heard a sound that was too difficult to be recognized.

“What is that?” he thought while walking slowly and carefully to the origin of the scary sound.

“Hello?... Is… Is somepony there?” Instead of a response, Bowen received a lot of screaming, explosions, weapons clanging, and then an invasion on a village he didn’t know where it was. It sounded like it was being attacked by a group of soldiers, EVIL soldiers. He suddenly saw a big black horse whinnying and saw a man in scary armor riding it.

“Wh- who- who are you?!” Bowen started to get nervous. He couldn’t move his legs due the fear, his hands were shaking and all his body was sweating.

The armored person walked off his horse and raised his sword, ordering a few of his men to execute half their prisoners, but suddenly, someone he didn’t recognize but almost looked familiar confronted him.

Bowen fell to the ground in surprise, his heartbeat was increasing with the time and his face had a really scared expression.

“I… I…. I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!” He got up of the ground and started running to nowhere. He didn’t know where to go because there was nothing more than darkness and that scary armored person, but he really didn’t care. He just wanted to return back to Equestria, to Canterlot, since he had more fear than ever before.

He suddenly saw the figure riding his horse following him.

“NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!” Bowen cried without looking back.

”Giv… me th… ta…am…!” the figure replied in an unknown sentence that was too muffled. After that, Bowen wasn’t hearing the voice anymore. Silence surrounded him, making him stop to relax and take a breath.

But suddenly, the figure came back, and drew his sword once again.

“Oh no….ple-plea-please d- do- don’t hurt m- me” Bowen said with wide eyes and tears dripping from his eyes and over his face.

He couldn’t move, and was completely paralyzed of fear. Bowen started to look the face of the figure’s helmet, that was the only thing he could see.

The person pointed his sword at the boy, as Bowen closed his eyes and put both arms over his head waiting for his end.

After saying that, the person raised his sword and lowered it down so strongly that Bowen fell to a hole leading to a purple and black swirling thundering abyss underneath the ground, before he noticed a mysterious presence that felt familiar to Nightmare Moon, as he heard her loud cackling. Bowen closed his eyes until he noticed that he was almost closer towards the mouth of a huge demonic dragon, as its mouth was full of red and orange fire.

Bowen raised his head and screamed like never before, and then everything went black as the beast swallowed him.


Bowen opened his eyes and saw that he was back to the royal garden laying aside a tree; he was hyperventilating hardly and tearing after all the things that he just saw.

He looked around to see all the plants, trees and statues. Bowen was now sure that the things he saw weren’t real.

Bowen then began to cry, until he saw somepony walking over to him. It was one of the royal pegasus guard mares, because Bowen knew that every royal guard of any race would usually stand by the door of his bedroom when he was sleeping or if was doing something personal. They never got mad for the problems that Bowen would sometimes do, but they were always calm and nice with him.

She was looking at Bowen with concern, and stared a while at Bowen until she finally talked.

“Prince Bowen, are you alright?” the guard mare asked.

“It was nothing, but I was…. having a nightmare,” Bowen replied, until he was starting to get nervous as his hands were now shaking. His greenish blue eyes were throwing tears again. Then Bowen felt something moving on his face, as he saw the guard mare holding him closer for a hug as her right front hoof was clearing the tears off his face.

“Don’t worry, Prince Bowen. Everything’s gonna be okay,” she smiled shyly and lowered her hoof.

Bowen nodded, and then the mare spoke again. “By the way, Shining Armor’s waiting for you inside, so I’d suggest you hurry.”

Bowen nodded and ran to the castle. He passed all the corridors and halls until he reached the entrance and saw Shining Armor waiting for him.

“Shining Armor!” Bowen calls him with joy. Shining turned and smiled when he saw his human friend running over to him for a hug.

“Hey, Bowen!” Shining Armor replied, hugging the little boy back. “Where were you anyway?”

“Well, I was…. sleeping on the royal garden,” Bowen said as he scratched the back of his head, feeling a little bit embarrassed for Shining Armor.

“Nah, don’t worry. I’m sure you probably needed a nap,” Shining said. “Plus, you do love living with the o e pony who took you in, don’t you?”

“Mmhmm,” Bowen said in reply.

“That’s what I figured, because I’m kinda glad to be your personal bodyguard,” Shining Armor said.

“And I hope you become a great captain someday,” Bowen said.

“Thanks, Bowen. Now, how about if I take you to the training grounds or… maybe we could do something else, like have some fun together in a public park, like play some hide and seek and horseshoe throwing, and maybe go to my school’s stadium and play some hoofball?” Shining suggested. “Plus, I’ve gotten a few friends of mine who know how to play it.”

“Can I be on your team?!” Bowen asked.

“Sure thing, kiddo. Plus, you and I are teaming up on this one,” Shining said with a confident smirk, as they continued on to the park.